PDA

View Full Version : What do you miss the most from your last cruise???

Tink!
03-30-2006, 01:44 PM
i thought this would be a fun thread. i miss deck 9...the shows....and dinner the most. what do u miss???

TnRobin
03-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I miss the Hakuna Matata of it all.

vassello
03-30-2006, 01:53 PM
The pampering! I miss someone else preparing dinner and then cleaning up! I miss the cut up fruit on demand! I miss the drink of the day and the french fries! I miss being in a chaise lounge on deck 10 watching the big screen movie with a frosty drink in my hand! Ahhhh, those were the days..... :goodvibes

repeatcruiser
03-30-2006, 01:56 PM
I miss seeing the wonder in my kids eyes every time they see Mickey and Minnie.

mattmommy
03-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Where to begin?

Besides the non-stop eating?

Fresh fruit cup-up on demand is definitely the best. I can taste the mango and papaya now.

Creme Brulee

Souffle

Just the whole "Disney" warm and fuzzies.

SweetSpot
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Sitting on the verandah watching my DH actually relax, the ocean rushing by and the flying fish knowing there are know chores to do or appointments to be kept.

cristit14
03-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I miss the Hakuna Matata of it all.

Me too!
I miss all of my dis friends too!

WDWLVR
03-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Definately all my DIS friends and I also miss sitting on my verandah and relaxing. Only a little over 8 weeks to go and we'll be on the Magic again!

mowog
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
the beautiful sunsets, the turqoise water,and having my family all together in paradise

delo4
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Absolutely everything, the dinners, the entertainment, cast members, relaxing, deck 9, deck 4, watching the ocean go by. I am just so happy not to be at work. I love everything about a cruise and I miss it. We just got off the Magic last Saturday. I can't believe it went so quickly.

tecdavidt
03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Seeing my husband relax by reading books-he read 4 on our last cruise, 3/18. Quiet Cove Pool. Looking out at the calm ocean and hearing the wake as the ship passes through the calm water. Kathy

webray
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
We miss the friends we met on board.

LADYnTRAMP
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Let's see...all the different food choices naturally, not having to cook or clean-up, all the smiles, a quiet moment anywhere on the ship, Castaway Cay (does that count?), and don't laugh but I love the feeling I get when I first get on board and I'm looking down the hall on deck 4 past the shops and towards the Walt Disney Theater. I don't know, maybe it's the picture... :blush:

AshAlytwins
03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
OMG where to begin....I miss that feeling of walking onto the ship, the beauty of the ship, the food on the ship, knowing I have "no worries" while on the ship, the look of happiness on my families faces, having to decide what tropical drink to try next......boy, eight months is a long time to wait!!!!! :sunny:

Verandah Man
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Absolutely everything, the dinners, the entertainment, cast members, relaxing, deck 9, deck 4, watching the ocean go by. I am just so happy not to be at work. I love everything about a cruise and I miss it.

I second everything that was stated above, and luckily, I will be back on the Magic 6 weeks from this Saturday. In fact, 6 weeks from this exact moment, we will be on the plane heading towards Orlando!!! :goodvibes :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Tiggery
03-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Being rocked to sleep. :sail:

Yankee914
03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
It has been almost a year since our last cruise -- I keep dreaming about the chocolate souffle at Palo......

poconoboatniks
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
The blue water, Palo, room hosts, waiters, asst. waiters, dis friends, dh finally relaxing & having meals together as a family.

Pocono

rsjj
03-30-2006, 06:08 PM
getting food, right when i'm (or DSs or DH is) hungry! none of the "ok, what do you want to eat, let me see what i can whip up, what's in the fridge, etc" it's just "ok...where shall we go to eat? or what shall we order from room service?" instant gratification!! :flower:

lbgraves
03-30-2006, 06:40 PM
After a week of spring cleaning....the thing that I miss most is not having to clean! :)

CACruisin'
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Sitting on the verandah watching my DH actually relax, the ocean rushing by and the flying fish knowing there are know chores to do or appointments to be kept.

Yes! It was the first vacation where DH was truly DISCONNECTED from work - no email, no phones, no teleconferences. :cloud9:

Also having someone else take care of everything - meals, cleaning, entertaining ... :cloud9:

DVCconvert
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
What do you miss the most from your last cruise???

Appropriate treatment by the conceirge staff. :)

Dreamer04
03-30-2006, 08:53 PM
I miss watching for falling stars on my verandah. The only sound was the water rushing by the ship-it was- oh yeah-Magical!

josetann
03-31-2006, 12:48 AM
The food, the shows, the sights.

PizzieDuster
03-31-2006, 01:11 AM
I miss the boat rocking me to sleep each night - like a baby. The best sleep I've ever gotten. And all the pizzie dust :wizard:

Disney Planner Mama
03-31-2006, 06:01 AM
I miss the motion of the ship, and having someone else cutting up my daughters' food and getting them to eat. Restaurants here back home just haven't been the same.

Miss the feeling of total relaxation.

"I was a queen once..." (yes I know, that's from a different cruiseline...but it still works)

briarroselynn
03-31-2006, 01:59 PM
I miss eating ice cream on the deck by the pools....I miss my tan! :cool1:

DisneyDiva4ever
03-31-2006, 02:18 PM
I miss the sound of the ship's horn, the way my heart flutters when I see Mickey, the steel drums playing as I walk around 9th deck. I also miss the sounds of the ship itself. The clacking of stateroom doors, the "When you Wish Upon a Star" bing before an intercom announcement...the song they play before a show starts. Oh, there are so many! I also miss the feeling of a frosty pina colada/smoothie stinging my hand....and the salty sea air.

Most of all, I miss the carefree feeling I have when I'm waving goodbye to Port Canaveral at the sail away party! I could go on, but now I feel like Eeyore!

arica480
03-31-2006, 03:11 PM
I miss the cruise staff and the margaritas!

epfootballcutie04
03-31-2006, 03:54 PM
i miss it being "acceptable" getting excited to see mickey mouse.

i miss the over abundance of food.

I miss the warm weather.

i miss the pampering.

i miss not having to worry about anything.

i miss the feeling of not wanting to leave... actually, i still have that feeling, so i guess i dont miss it...

and i miss PIKEY and the crazy awesome BINGO callers that were simply amazing!

nzdisneymom
03-31-2006, 05:27 PM
I miss the discovery of something new every day. Not having somewhere I had to be at certain times. Taking pictures of my food. Surprise towel animals every night. Getting up from a meal in a restaurant without having to pay the bill. Sitting in Diversions reading Trivial Pursuit questions to my DH who's watching the world go by through the port hole. Waking up without an alarm clock. Seeing parts of the world I've never seen before. Being too relaxed to get out of the chair. Trying to get a picture of Minnie in all her outfits.

minniebeth
03-31-2006, 06:56 PM
ALL OF IT!!!!!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

LuluLovesDisney
03-31-2006, 07:04 PM
I miss walking into my room to find it clean, with a freshly turned down bed, a towel animal and chocolates.

I miss relaxing on the "secret" deck with a conch cooler.

I miss the Vista Spa and the Rainforest Room.

I miss the enthusiastic smiles of the CM's, especially the ones I saw everyday in the spa! I felt like family by the time I left!

I miss the hot tubs and the adult only area that made me feel like I was on a private yacht.

I miss Castaway Cay!

I miss Room Service!

But as they say, this is just temporary exile- check out the countdown clock! :cloud9:

Tink!
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
ALL OF IT!!!!!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

true...very true. :guilty:

@GoofyNut
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I sooooooooooooooooooo miss my DCL cruise friends and that wonderful feeling of being a kid again (at heart). But most of all the closeness of spending quality time with my hubby and not having a care in the world!

PS ... and the fresh fruit!