PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cat 11 rooms: Are they dark?

Kim&Chris
03-30-2006, 12:44 PM
I've been looking at pictures of these rooms, and they look sort of dark (dim lighting).

For those of you that have had these rooms, can you tell me what you did to increase the light (if anything)? I'm wondering if there's anything I can bring from home to plug in & increase the light. :confused3

inkkognito
03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
There are overhead lights that will make them quite bright...I HATE the overbed light and am always hollering at my husband to turn it off! The dim lighting is when you just have the bedside lights on and maybe the desk light, too...the overheads brighten things up considerably.
Barb

Scratch42
03-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Only if you leave the lights off! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, could not resist.

Otherwise, they are fine!

j

Cruisin
03-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Only if you leave the lights off! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sorry, could not resist.

Otherwise, they are fine!

j

:rotfl2: I agree, the inside cabins are not really dark unless the lights are off ;)

There are plenty of lights in the cabins to make it as bright as you want.

The only thing might be if you tend to get up in the night and would want a nightlight of some sort. You can leave the bathroom light on but it's a shocker once you open the door ;)

musicgirl
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't think they are too dark. Here's one of our pictures of cat. 11.

http://groups.msn.com/WhatIdidonMySummerVacation/picturesofusatvariousplaces.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=176

kfeuer
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree with everyone else, there's plenty of lighting options to make it as bright or dim as you like. I was afraid it would feel cavelike, but we found it cozy. It was nice not to get woken up by the sun (although I still woke up early out of habit).

confal2829
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
:thumbsup2 My DD and I just stayed in Cat. 11 sideways cabin in Feb. for 3 day cruise. This was our first time in Cat. 11. Our other 2 sailing were cat. 6 and cat. 3. The lighting was great. Actually I don't think that we ever had all the lights on because there was no need for it. I "jimmied" a towel into the closet track at night for a night light, but would not recommed it. I just forgot a nightlight. Have a great time.

MSWint
03-31-2006, 09:33 AM
Inside staterooms are VERY dark when you turn off the lights, we left the closet door cracked just enough so the closet light comes on. That seemed to work a little better than the bathroom light ... the bathroom light is a very bright 'white' light, while the closet light is 'yellower' and a bit dimmer.

eeyoregon
03-31-2006, 11:52 PM
I have not stayed in a Disney inside room but did stay in one on RCCL. They do a good job with lighting and mirrors to brighten up the room. And let me just tell you that in 35 years, those were the best 4 nights of sleep I have ever had!! :thumbsup2 When the lights are out, it is sooooooooo dark plus the rocking of the ship and the comfy bed = perfect nights rest. My kids and I both pulled a couple of 10 hour nights :cool1:

poconoboatniks
04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
We've stayed in cat 11 & cat 10 and loved both cabins. The only time we noticed that the room was dark was in the morning before the kids were awake. They slept later because the was no sun light. The tv has a channel showing the basketball court 24 hrs a day. I've left that channel on with no sound so that we knew it was morning. The previous poster is right about it being cozy.

Poconoboatniks

CACruisin'
04-01-2006, 09:39 AM
The tv has a channel showing the basketball court 24 hrs a day. I've left that channel on with no sound so that we knew it was morning. The previous poster is right about it being cozy.

Poconoboatniks

What a great idea! You found a "window" for the cat 11's! I'm definitely going to do this. Thanks!