PDA

View Full Version : Disney Beach Club Wristband Question

crablegs77
03-30-2006, 11:55 AM
We booked the Beach Club Resort last month. Just realized that in order to get into the pool area you have to have a wristband.

We had planned to have our grandmother who lives in Orlando come visit us at the pool several times during our stay.

Do they require your room number along with your room key or just a room key to get into the pool area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luthien
03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Whenever we have been to the YC all members of our party were required to show a room key (including the kids, except when they were under 3 ;) ) - noone over asked for a room number.

Cheers

~Luthien

mikesmom
03-30-2006, 01:21 PM
If you don't have the max number of people allowed in the room just add her to the reservation.

LakeAriel
03-30-2006, 06:42 PM
We booked the Beach Club Resort last month. Just realized that in order to get into the pool area you have to have a wristband.

We had planned to have our grandmother who lives in Orlando come visit us at the pool several times during our stay.

Do they require your room number along with your room key or just a room key to get into the pool area.

Beach Club is the strictest of the resorts though the others are cracking down. That is why I booked there. You must be staying there to use the pool.

Schmeck
03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
If you do add her to your reservation, and you already have two adults, she will make a third adult in the room, and WDW charges extra for that, around $15?

We were checked for IDs and bracelets each day we stayed at BC. We were there in August, it was crowded at the pool all day, every day!

babby
03-30-2006, 08:06 PM
The charge for a deluxe extra person in 25 I believe? Absurd! Will the grandmother be swimming? If not, I think she should be allowed to sit at a table and watch her grandkids swim. What harm would that be?

LakeAriel
03-30-2006, 08:25 PM
The charge for a deluxe extra person in 25 I believe? Absurd! Will the grandmother be swimming? If not, I think she should be allowed to sit at a table and watch her grandkids swim. What harm would that be?

None! The harm is when everyone wants to bring one Grandma. Next thing ya know, paying guests have NO room swimming or sitting at the deluxe resort they are paying a lot of money for! :rolleyes:

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 04:50 AM
None! The harm is when everyone wants to bring one Grandma. Next thing ya know, paying guests have NO room swimming or sitting at the deluxe resort they are paying a lot of money for! :rolleyes:

I think thats quite a selfish attitude...I don't agree with pool hopping but for gods sake...whats the harm in bringing granny to sit at their table??? :confused3
Anyone who thinks this is wrong is in my opinion being very self centered....so what if you have paid ?? That doesn't mean you have reserved a seat.
Iam paying to stay at the WL...but I wouldn't mind in the slightest if a family there brought in their granny for the afternoon to sit by the pool.
Just because Iam paying to stay the week at WL doesn't mean I own the place.

You know as I read on another thread....I think Walt Disney would be turning in his grave if he saw how selfish...grabbing and ME>>ME >>>ME..some dis goers are. :sad2:
Try spreading the magic...instead of wanting to keep it all for yourself. :wizard:

It would be stooping reallllly low to ban a granny from a pool chair. :badpc:
You are entitled to your opinion though...I just think it is selfish :sad2:

LakeAriel
03-31-2006, 05:52 AM
I think thats quite a selfish attitude...I don't agree with pool hopping but for gods sake...whats the harm in bringing granny to sit at their table??? :confused3
Anyone who thinks this is wrong is in my opinion being very self centered....so what if you have paid ?? That doesn't mean you have reserved a seat.
Iam paying to stay at the WL...but I wouldn't mind in the slightest if a family there brought in their granny for the afternoon to sit by the pool.
Just because Iam paying to stay the week at WL doesn't mean I own the place.

You know as I read on another thread....I think Walt Disney would be turning in his grave if he saw how selfish...grabbing and ME>>ME >>>ME..some dis goers are. :sad2:
Try spreading the magic...instead of wanting to keep it all for yourself. :wizard:

It would be stooping reallllly low to ban a granny from a pool chair. :badpc:
You are entitled to your opinion though...I just think it is selfish :sad2:

You know as I read on another thread you are DEAD set AGAINST pool hopping!

Please! Stop the GRANNY thing! I am a Granny too and perfectly self sufficient. No one said she wasn't going swimming. She may be 45 years old!The sign clearly says resort guests only. They can add her to the reservation or meet in the parks to spend the day. If it's off season no one will even care if she's sitting there, though if it's hot you can be damn sure she'll be in the water. I will, though I will be paying! This is a new poster and may be just stirring the pot with the "Granny thing". Keep it all for myself? Only what I pay for. When I stayed in POP I enjoyed their pool. You want to spread the magic? You pay for everyone to go to the BCV, not everyone can afford it. I couldn't for many many years. I was non the less for wear. Have a nice day but please stop advising people to break the rules! :surfweb:
By the way, I do own my timeshare and pay dues annually for it. :rolleyes:

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 06:02 AM
Its not breaking the rules though....Iam quite sure granny will be allowed to join her family.....That is a fact. I have read several trip reports were familires have been joined by freiends or family at resorts...and I have just called the beach club to enquire to this as I wanted to be sure.....I spoke to the duty manager and i was told it would be fine,.

So you see I am not telling people people to break the rules.
How nice for you that you are a fit active granny ...others are not so fortunate...and you know what..I wouyld gladly give up my paid for pool chair at the WL for a granny who was staying offsite but visiting her grankids.
If you wouldn't then fine I think that says a lot about you as a human being.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 06:04 AM
OH my god..have you actually just said that YOU DO OWN the beach club.... :rotfl2:
Iam aware you have DVC membership...bur please ....come on...what an attitude :lmao:

LakeAriel
03-31-2006, 06:09 AM
OH my god..have you actually just said that YOU DO OWN the beach club.... :rotfl2:
Iam aware you have DVC membership...bur please ....come on...what an attitude :lmao:

I repeat, you yourself stated more then once no pool hopping where you are staying! But that's just where YOU are staying! Yes DVC owners own shares in Disney resorts and it took many years to save for it. I think if the Grandmother is truly in Orlando the OP should get an extra room so she can truly relax and enjoy her stay with the Grand kids. If they can't afford a deluxe resort there is nothing wrong with 2 rooms at the Values. I stayed at POP in October and had a wonderful time.

PS NOWHERE on this board did I say I was FIT :teeth:

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 06:17 AM
I repeat, you yourself stated more then once no pool hopping where you are staying! But that's just where YOU are staying! Yes DVC owners own shares in Disney resorts and it took many years to save for it. I think if the Grandmother is truly in Orlando the OP should get an extra room so she can truly relax and enjoy her stay with the Grand kids. If they can't afford a deluxe resort there is nothing wrong with 2 rooms at the Values. I stayed at POP in October and had a wonderful time.

PS NOWHERE on this board did I say I was FIT :teeth:

I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else...???
Iam not strongly against poolhopping...I don't really care either way about it.
I can see why it upsets some people though...it doesn't upset me.
In fact i was in thread pointing out that my friends staying at POR will be spending the afternoon with us at WL pool?? So i don't know who you are thinking of but it isn't me :teeth:

I have more important things to concern me than getting worked up over someone taking the space I have supposedly paid for at the WL.

Schmeck
03-31-2006, 06:18 AM
I've got to call the BC for some info about a future trip myself, and I'll ask if they allow guests of guests at the pool - wonder if I'll get the same answer? You can't depend on any info you get over the phone as 'the' answer at WDW. You can't even get the same answer day to day AT WDW :rolleyes: But it does state at the pool, in writing, on a sign, that the pool is for use of BC/YC/BCV guests only.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 06:22 AM
Yes I know you have some interesting posts about the dining plan too. That was locked though :rolleyes:

You are correct...I can't help myself..I have to defend those who are getting slammed for this whole child credit thing..It not anyones buisness what other people do with their credits....If you had read more of my posts...you will see..that although iam on the dining plan in August....My 13 yr old will want to eat off the child menu :rolleyes: ...so I will actually lose out money wise...i have no intention of using child credits for an adult mean...but that doesn't mean I will stand by and watch others get slammed and called cheaters when actually they ate doing nothing agaisnt the rules ypu love so much. :love:

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 06:30 AM
I've got to call the BC for some info about a future trip myself, and I'll ask if they allow guests of guests at the pool - wonder if I'll get the same answer? You can't depend on any info you get over the phone as 'the' answer at WDW. You can't even get the same answer day to day AT WDW :rolleyes: But it does state at the pool, in writing, on a sign, that the pool is for use of BC/YC/BCV guests only.

Yes..it does seem they can give different answers at times..I thing the best bet is to ask at the front desk on the actual day.....But Iam willing to bet my life they would allow a granny to sit at one of their pool tables with hetr family. :wizard:

chicagodisneyfan
03-31-2006, 06:37 AM
On the days grandma needs to see the kids, why not go over to the quiet pool for a few hours?

Not as crowded, rarely check ids, etc.

Melrosgirl
03-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Just have Grandma be with you when you all check in at the pool gate. They just look for one room key and you say she is with you.

poly_rules
03-31-2006, 06:46 AM
and I have just called the beach club to enquire to this as I wanted to be sure.....I spoke to the duty manager and i was told it would be fine,.So you see I am not telling people people to break the rules.

hmmm, did you really call or perhaps were you misinformed? :scratchin

In the thread about Wishes from the Poly beach I posted that another diser called the Poly and was told the Poly beach was only for use by guests staying at the Poly. Your response was:

I don't care if ONE person on another thread says that they were told alledgedly :smooth: That the poly beach is oput of bounds.
They are either lying....or they were misinformed. :banana:

So you say you called the BC and I don't really care what you were told, you are either lying or misinformed. :banana: The pool at the Beach Club is only for guests registered at the BC, therefore the need for wristbands! And I agree with a previous poster, stop telling people to break the rules. :ssst:

tnkrbell
03-31-2006, 06:51 AM
I agree with not wanting people to "pool hop" I pay allot of money to stay at the Yacht club and would be very upset if I wanted to have a chair or table but they were all filled up because people think it is ok to just let friends or family come to the pool with them. BUT if you ask the hotel itself if it is ok and they say yes then you can do it. Doesnt mean I like that its ok but if they say its ok then I guess its ok.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 07:05 AM
hmmm, did you really call or perhaps were you misinformed? :scratchin

In the thread about Wishes from the Poly beach I posted that another diser called the Poly and was told the Poly beach was only for use by guests staying at the Poly. Your response was:

So you say you called the BC and I don't really care what you were told, you are either lying or misinformed. :banana: The pool at the Beach Club is only for guests registered at the BC, therefore the need for wristbands! And I agree with a previous poster, stop telling people to break the rules. :ssst:

Wow...you took the time to go over my old posts... :rolleyes: I see you have 15 posts,,,All are trouble stirring so you are not worth any further response....You are probably someones alter ego....perhaps the mods should check your isp?

poly_rules
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Wow...you took the time to go over my old posts... :rolleyes: I see you have 15 posts,,,All are trouble stirring so you are not worth any further response....You are probably someones alter ego....perhaps the mods should check your isp?

The post isn't old it is only from yesterday. I'm just wondering why you advise others to use amenities that they didn't pay for therefore taking away spots from those who do pay for them.

I am a long time reader of these boards and decided to jump in due to how I felt about certain topics. I'm not a pixie dust kind of person. I only post to subjects that strike a cord with me. Guess I should have just stayed a reader aka lurker. I believe I have as much right to express my opinion as you do, or maybe not. :confused3

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 07:17 AM
You got one thing right...you are not a pixie dust lovin person....how sad. :sad2:
I won't respond to you again.....after lurking all this time...you can only find negative things to post about>>> How tragic :rolleyes1

mickeyfan2
03-31-2006, 07:19 AM
Boy do you have an attitude!

poly_rules
03-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Well Tinker, we obviously do not share the same views and thoughts. I guess we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. I agree that there is no use in responding to eachothers posts as we will be posting the same disagreeing views over and over. No need to bore others with that.

Happy day! :sunny:

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 07:25 AM
Sorry you think that....Yet I suppose poly rules attitude is just fime in your book. :teeth:
Iam proud that I stick up for the little man....I actually care about other peoples experience at disney...not just the selfish few who think because they paid big bucks they are entitled.
As iam coming from the UK it is costing me an enormous amount...aprox$12000 to stay for 2 weeks.....yet I don't mind giving up my chair to a granny.....Yet you call that an attitude.....Well in that case iam proud to have attitude. :sunny: :thumbsup2

LakeAriel
03-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Sorry you think that....Yet I suppose poly rules attitude is just fime in your book. :teeth:
Iam proud that I stick up for the little man....I actually care about other peoples experience at disney...not just the selfish few who think because they paid big bucks they are entitled.
As iam coming from the UK it is costing me an enormous amount...aprox$12000 to stay for 2 weeks.....yet I don't mind giving up my chair to a granny.....Yet you call that an attitude.....Well in that case iam proud to have attitude. :sunny: :thumbsup2

Well, maybe you can give up your seats to your four guests you are bringing from POR to WL? You aren't defending the little man. You are defending your own behavior, period!

goofy4tink
03-31-2006, 07:46 AM
People, people...come on now! All I can base things on is my own experience. We stayed at BCV last June. Whenever we went to the pool, we all had to show ID's. Now, it was a bit tough to find a table to sit at since they were taken. And most of those sitting at the tables had no wrist bands on...go figure. I have a feeling a lot of people just walk in, and sit down. I actually saw people in the pool without bands also, but the lifeguards did go after them and they had to leave. At that point several tables opened up.

As far as being selfish...well, I paid a ton of money to be able to use this resort's amenities. I get a bit miffed when I can't find a 'desirable' spot because those spots are taken by those 'presumably' without the right to be there...based on the absence of wristbands. There is signage up that says the pool is for the use of resort guests only! What could be clearer. I feel badly for those people that base a decision to use SAB based on reports here, only to find that they are kicked out by the lifeguards because they didn't have the proper IDs.

So...to the OP...if you don't have too many people in your party, then I would add grandmom to the reservation...or use the quiet pool. I would hate to see anyone get embarrassed...now, that's unmagical!!!

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 07:48 AM
Ha hA...Iam not staying at the Beach club..and thats what this thread is about...Please try and keep up :lmao:
I don't need to defend my behaviour...iam perfectly comfortavble with it thank you. :)

But I do think you have some issues you need to adress about your on behaviour and attitude to other people....especially old folk.

eliza61
03-31-2006, 07:49 AM

If you are a DVC member you do own some of the property. period! It is a real estate transaction. You pay monthly dues for maintence, you pay taxes etc.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 07:52 AM
People, people...come on now! All I can base things on is my own experience. We stayed at BCV last June. Whenever we went to the pool, we all had to show ID's. Now, it was a bit tough to find a table to sit at since they were taken. And most of those sitting at the tables had no wrist bands on...go figure. I have a feeling a lot of people just walk in, and sit down. I actually saw people in the pool without bands also, but the lifeguards did go after them and they had to leave. At that point several tables opened up.

As far as being selfish...well, I paid a ton of money to be able to use this resort's amenities. I get a bit miffed when I can't find a 'desirable' spot because those spots are taken by those 'presumably' without the right to be there...based on the absence of wristbands. There is signage up that says the pool is for the use of resort guests only! What could be clearer. I feel badly for those people that base a decision to use SAB based on reports here, only to find that they are kicked out by the lifeguards because they didn't have the proper IDs.

So...to the OP...if you don't have too many people in your party, then I would add grandmom to the reservation...or use the quiet pool. I would hate to see anyone get embarrassed...now, that's unmagical!!!

See...now you have a good attitude :teeth: ..I can see your point..and i don't agree with pool hopping per say for this reason that it upsets a lot of guests...I do agree with guests of guests being allowed though but thats a different issue really.

I think the quiet pool is a good suggestion.. :wizard:

Iam going to bow out of this now...its going round in circles I have made my point...as Iam entitled to and I repect but disagree with some other points of view. :)

Phewww... Iam actually off work ill today...raging head cold...think I need a lie down for a bit. :sunny:

goofy4tink
03-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Ha hA...Iam not staying at the Beach club..and thats what this thread is about...Please try and keep up :lmao:
I don't need to defend my behaviour...iam perfectly comfortavble with it thank you. :)

But I do think you have some issues you need to adress about your on behaviour and attitude to other people....especially old folk.

Not sure who you are directing to this to. Don't think it's me, since I don't believe I said you were staying at BC...directed my experiences to the OP. But, I do believe someone did mention that you were staying at WL and bringing guests from POR over to your WL pool. Is that what you are referring to?
Have to say that I really think that all that could be said has been said. Might be time to shut this one down!!

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Sorry goofy...I replied to you above...our posts crossed. :)

LakeAriel
03-31-2006, 07:58 AM
I agree it is overdue to be shut down. "Cheating Disney 101" should not be a course on these boards....Especially when the cheater has the attitude everyone else is wrong!

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 08:00 AM
The cheater...LOl.....Iam not even going into it.....give it a rest will you. :confused3

Actually you are in the minority here..everyone else has made suggestins for granny...and actally helped the OPoster...unlike you who is just here to lay down the law and attack :badpc:

DVC Sadie
03-31-2006, 08:22 AM
You know a lot of people here HATE it that it put on the world wide web that people can actually valet park...and even visit with family at pools :teeth:

You hate it because you selfishly want that helpful info kept to yourselves...well iam not playing that selfish game....i will let the whole goddam web know any helpful info I can.....because I actually care about other dis goers having a good time...isn't that what this board is all about...helping each other out.
Iam sick of this whole secretive attitude going on.
You can visit with family at their resort...so get over it...and you can valet at the CR if you want and walk over to the MK so get over that to...and try being less ME >>>>ME >>>ME>

Some people are truly delusional if they think they can park at the CR and go to MK. We see tow trucks every visit now towing vehicles and I for one am glad. I am not a ME person, however I am a person who "plays where they stay". This is not a secretive attitude. If you enjoy giving BAD advice please be aware that some of the people you give unsound advice to will end up either embarassed by not being allowed to do whaterever you told them they could or far worse like getting therir cars towed. WOW I can't believe you'd tell 100,000 people that breaking Disneys rules were in fact OK.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 08:29 AM
I hate to hash this up again...but I was told by the valet manager himself at the CR that I could PAY to park there for the whole day...its not a freebie..you fdo have to pay....This is a fact...but iam not discussing here..as iam feeling tired and ill at the mo :sad2: :crazy:
Iam only giving advice that is correct. The fact that you and some others don't want 10000 others to read that is your problem...But you KNOW..Iam telling a truth you just don't like that is a available to non resort guests....but it is...so deal.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 08:32 AM
And thats my last word on this....no doubt you will say Iam wrong but at least I know the truth and also 100000 others along with me.
Iam off to bed..before I collapse. :teeth:

fakereadhed
03-31-2006, 08:33 AM
PSA to OP and any others that have questions about rules about resort use: call WDW yourself and ask. Note date of call and CM name. Done! Otherwise it will cause a big trainwreck if you ask here. :sad2:

mickeyfan2
03-31-2006, 08:35 AM
I hate to hash this up again...but I was told by the valet manager himself at the CR that I could PAY to park there for the whole day...its not a freebie..you fdo have to pay....This is a fact.
Yes you can, but most think you can just self-park and go to the MK and that is not true. If you VP you can do whatever you want, but you paid money for the privledge. CP is not bending or breaking the rules but self-parking is.

DVC Sadie
03-31-2006, 08:36 AM

Well if you really care about the little man why don't YOU pay for a family that is less fortunate to stay at a deluxe resort ? I am one of those people who actually put their money where there mouth is and donates enough points for Others to enjoy a WDW experience. :thumbsup2 If more people like yourself were willing to do the same then there wouldn't be the as many families on waiting lists to go to Disney. Just a thought.

Tinker74
03-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Ok this is really my last word... :teeth: You have no idea what I do for charity...but I think it would be tacky of me to tell everyone exactly what...But rest assured a do a lot. :wizard:

madalex
03-31-2006, 09:12 AM

The harm is that there will not be tables and chairs for the paying guests of the hotel to use. Trust me - this happened to us in our visit in late February - the pool area was so crowded, it was very difficult to find a chair to sit at. If non-guests of the hotel are allowed to be at the pool, this would only be much worse.

Jennasis
03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Isn't there ANYPLACE else you can hang out with your grandmother for the afternoon? Perhaps shopping at DTD? Something less controversial?

I'd hazard a guess that dependingon the time of year and crowd levels you may actually be told by management (when you ask at the hotel that day) that you cannot bring a guest to the pool area. If it's a slow time of year they may grant you permission. It's very subjective depending on those factors AND the mood of the manager you speak to. I'd try to find someplace else to hang out.

All this bickering back and forth...nonsense. Let management decide if they are allowing extra guests at that time. YES, if everyone brings an extra guest there will be no room for the paying customers, so you'll need to go to management to let them decide where/when the cut-off will be for allowing outsiders. Me personally, I'm against pool-hopping and anyone not officially staying at a resort using the pool and wouldn't ever bring any of my visiting family to the pool to hang out for the day. In OCT when my cousins met up with DH and I on our honeymoon, we spent the afternoon in Epcot hanging out...not the pool. Resort pools are for paying resort guests (unless management wishes to open them to outsiders, so you'll need to ask).

Also in OCtober DH and I got "carded" on every visit to SAB and we were thrilled. Saw quite a few turned a way too. Always had chairs available.

DebIreland
03-31-2006, 10:14 AM

Hiya! :welcome:
I believe max occupancy is 5 in a room at the Beach Club so if you're under 5 now it is an option to add your grandmother to the reservation for certain nights. The problem is that they will charge you 25 dollars per night for that. Ouch! But let's say she visits you on two consecutive days you could add her to the reservation for one night (25 dollars) because I believe she would be able to use the pool for both days so that might lessen the blow a bit, if that makes sense.

But before planning any of that I would call the Beach Club directly and ask them and, as a previous poster said, take note of the CM's name and the date. Have a great holiday. I think it's sad that you were subjected to heated, hostile debate after asking a very polite and harmless question. Have fun planning. When are you going? We'll be at the Boardwalk Villas in October. :woohoo:

Paging Tom Morrow
03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
For the ORIGINAL POSTER and nobody else, because frankly, people are becoming way too emotionally involved over this and I have no interest in arguing this...

Schedule the day to spend with Grandma. Have two plans.

1. Relaxing at Storm Along Bay after receiving permission from Beach Club Management
or
2. Something else if you don't get permission.

If Grandma is permitted entry into the pool, then you will realize that 99.9% of the other SAB users don't read DISBOARDS and won't find it outrageous that your family is spending time together.

If Beach Club management declines your request, enjoy a nice day at Downtown Disney or somewhere else.

Enjoy your vacation!

The Roto Addict
03-31-2006, 11:13 AM
If all it takes is a key to get in, you could do the old "movie-theater ticket swap". :teeth:

I'm just KIDDING!