PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Feb on the Western?

Princess Tink
03-30-2006, 11:07 AM
We are thinking of booking a Western DCL cruise for Feb 2007, but are concerned about the weather. Can anyone tell me what type of weather they've experienced on the Western in Feb?

TIA
Micaela

RAC
03-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Not good for us! :sad2: We were on the Feb. 11, 2006 Western and the weather was horrible the whole week. It was so cold in Key West we thought we were on an Alaskan cruise! We had a great time with other things on the ship. However, I didn't put my swimsuit on maybe once or twice the entire cruise. This was our first cruise in Feb., we usually cruise in May. We will not book that time of year again. We just don't want to take the risk. I think it is hit or miss that time of year.

jblb1020
03-30-2006, 11:53 AM
We did the Eastern on Feb 4-11 this year. (I know that you are talking about the Western) but we had great weather on our trip if you wanted to consider the Eastern.

atakaratemom
03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I have to agree with Randi (Hi Randi!). We were also on the 2/11/06 Western and the weather was a real disappointment. Key West was miserable and the windy weather caused the cancellation of our planned excursions in both Grand Cayman and Costa Maya. Castaway Cay was cool and overcast most of the day and it rained for a very short time. The water was also cold, but we still went in. I was determined to get into the water at least once on the trip no matter what. All in all, despite the weather we still had a wonderful time and we met some great people like Randi. However, knowing what I know now, I would probably not book again in February. If I did ever go at that time of year again I would at least go with no expectations for the weather to be warm and sunny. I will say that a cold, windy day on the Magic is still better than most alternatives that I can think of!

4 mickey
03-30-2006, 12:54 PM
:sunny: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I went last year 05 and we even got castaway cay cancelled due to very bad winds we were dissapointed but had seen it (cc) the previous year but lots of newbie cruisers who were on the 1st cruise we're really dissapointed.
The captain tried is best but no way we could dock.
Also very windy most of the week .
But did the eastern in feb06 and it wasn't that bad I think it can go either way nice and warm like we had this feb. or you can go unlucky like we had last year no garanty on weather .
But both of my cruises we're MAGICAL and guess what booked again for next feb 07 . A girl 's got to take a chance . :sunny:

repeatcruiser
03-30-2006, 01:34 PM
We did the Western this past Feb (2/25/06) and the weather was outstanding. It rained in Key West, but the rest of the week out great - sunny and 75+ the whole time - mid to high 80's in Costa Maya, low 80's at CC. It was cool in the evenings.

RAC
03-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Well said Mary! :goodvibes Bad weather days on the Magic beats being at work or at home... :teeth:

Princess Tink
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
So, sounds like it can be hit or miss....similair to what we encountered in California this summer. Wet and cold, we still had a blast....so, I guess we'll stick with our plans. Besides what better time to cruise than over my DS's 9th B-day.

Thanks!