PDA

View Full Version : CBR and Fireworks

TheWog
03-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Is there a fireworks display at one of the parks you can see from the Caribbean Beach Resort? If so, which islands or buildings are best to request for viewing? Thanks.

Girlsontour
03-30-2006, 09:41 AM
The fireworks that you can see are Epcot Illuminations. There is a tiny beach at the back of the main pool bar which is ideal for viewing. Most nights last year, i would grab a chair from the bar, and sit and watch them whilst my daughter fed the ducks. Perfect ending to perfect days!!!

Kim&Chris
03-30-2006, 10:51 AM
the beach directly in front of Old Port Royale is the best place to watch the fireworks (especially when you've got a Strawberry daiquiri in your hand from the Banana Cabana).

cinmell
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
the beach directly in front of Old Port Royale is the best place to watch the fireworks (especially when you've got a Strawberry daiquiri in your hand from the Banana Cabana).

I LOVE the Banana Cabana! :banana: :banana:

safetymom
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
The beach at Martinique is a great place to watch them also. There are other places around the resort that can see them from their balconies.

TheWog
03-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Excellent. Thanks. Is it the same experience or should we at least go to Epcot once for the fireworks show?

TheWog
03-30-2006, 11:45 AM
(especially when you've got a Strawberry daiquiri in your hand from the Banana Cabana).

That sounds like my way to watch them. Thanks.

TheWog
03-30-2006, 11:47 AM
There are other places around the resort that can see them from their balconies.

That's what I was thinking. Is there are particular country they can be seen best from? I was thinking if DS9 some night gets tired real early we can just hang out on the balcony and watch them without really leaving the room.

safetymom
03-30-2006, 12:08 PM
You really have to see Illuminations in person once. If you look through the CBR FAQ II thread listed below I know that some have posted reports of where they were staying when they saw the fireworks.

jaysmom4285
03-30-2006, 01:48 PM
TheWog, we stayed in Jamaica and found we could see the Illuminations fireworks quite well from our second floor outside walkway. I would think that any room in Jamaica or Aruba, especially, that faced the road on that side of the resort would have a similar view. You can only see the higher fireworks, of course - what's visible above the tree line. The stuff closer to the water is too low to be visible. Not the same as being there, for sure, but still pretty.

4theloveofdisney
03-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Excellent. Thanks. Is it the same experience or should we at least go to Epcot once for the fireworks show?

Oh, you must see it in person!! It's not the same as watching from CBR at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheWog
03-30-2006, 03:15 PM
TheWog, we stayed in Jamaica and found we could see the Illuminations fireworks quite well from our second floor outside walkway. I would think that any room in Jamaica or Aruba, especially, that faced the road on that side of the resort would have a similar view. You can only see the higher fireworks, of course - what's visible above the tree line. The stuff closer to the water is too low to be visible. Not the same as being there, for sure, but still pretty.

I was thinking of requesting one of those two locations since you can just cross the bridge to get back to the main area and this will just add to it. Thanks for the info.

TheWog
03-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh, you must see it in person!! It's not the same as watching from CBR at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I am learning. I will make sure we get to each display at least once. Thank you.

Schmeck
03-30-2006, 05:47 PM
That's what I was thinking. Is there are particular country they can be seen best from? I was thinking if DS9 some night gets tired real early we can just hang out on the balcony and watch them without really leaving the room.

CBR rooms don't have balconies - they have outside hallways, though, motel style.

We saw the fireworks from our Jamaica bus stop one night - we had just gotten off the bus, and the show started! You can only see the higher fireworks though, nothing from the lake except the smoke.

ADisneygirl
03-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Yes, as others have said, you must see them at the park once! You will only get to see a few of the high ones from the area near the Banana Cabana bar.