PDA

View Full Version : who likes POFQ

uktigger
03-30-2006, 04:14 AM
hi all :wave:
after reading the thread 'who dosen't like POFQ' i have started to panic because this is where we have picked to stay next october with our 2 kids ds15 and ds11 and there seems to be a few negatives :confused3 so shall we start a thread who likes POFQ just to ease our minds :thumbsup2

TLinden16
03-30-2006, 05:36 AM
I love the POFQ. I've stayed there four times, and always had a great stay. It's just about my favorite resort anywhere. I find the cast members there to be super friendly and helpful. THe size of the resort is a lot more managable than the other moderates, and I like the boat to Downtown Disney. The colors, and the whimsical chracters make this resort fun :)

disneysnowflake
03-30-2006, 05:59 AM
I love POFQ.
The rooms were nice. I liked having that little fridge and the curtain to pull across in the sink area for dressing privacy.
I thought the food court was good. The people were friendly.
The grounds are so pretty. The pool is great.
The busses were good.
Nothing bad at all I can say about POFQ.

The last time we stayed in Building 4, 2nd floor. We had a standard view. Outside out door overlooked a little garden like setting. Cute. We were so close to the busses and food court.

You'll LOVE it.

ADisneygirl
03-30-2006, 07:34 AM
We usually stay in deluxe but we really liked POFQ. It is a compact resort with no long walks anywhere, pretty rooms nicely furnished since the rehab, elevator if you don't want to walk up the one or two flights, cute pool with a tame slide, and the boat to DTD is a relaxing way to get there. The busses are shared with POR, but at least POFQ gets picked up and dropped off first. If travelling by bus only, then that would really bother me if I was staying at POR. Often they didn't get a seat on the way to the parks in the am. I recommend staying here to my friends, and I am quite picky about resorts!

You will have a great time! :wizard:

Pop Daddy
03-30-2006, 07:43 AM
I didnt like it, it was my least favorite

nowellsl
03-30-2006, 07:44 AM
We liked it! I really enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney!

Pooh93
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
I'll let you know after June 17!! :banana:

CarolinaBlue
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
My kids were 15 and 11 when we stayed at POFQ in December. We all loved it and are going back in August. :cool1:

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
03-30-2006, 08:56 AM
We were just there and really enjoyed it. We have stayed in all the moderates and about half the deluxes too. DH and I enjoyed walking around each evening, walked to POR a couple times. We let our 14 and 11 yr old go off exploring on their own at this time (with cell phone). We never had a problem getting a good seat at the pool either. We requested a "quiet non smoking room on a upper floor" after initially receiving a close, convenient room, but would be LOUD. We loved Bl. 7, facing the courtyard. Never heard any noise.

I think you could have a post like that about ANY resort and get just as many people who do not like that particular resort.

OT-Pop Daddy, is that you? Long time! :wave2: (you probably won't see this as this is a LONG post!)

Pocahantas
03-30-2006, 09:02 AM
We love POFQ. We have not stayed at any of the other moderates yet and have only stayed at one value, Pop. We prefer to stay at either a deluxe or DVC resort but I would not hesitate to stay at POFQ again. It is a great resort!!

DISNEYDUET
03-30-2006, 09:12 AM
We love POFQ! It's like getting 2 resorts for the price of one. You have 2 food courts, 2 pools, 2 gifts shops :yay: and 2 bars :woohoo: along with a wonderful table service-Boatwrights. The paths around both resorts are peaceful and you can rent bikes and pedal around and see the grounds. Or hop on the boat and head to DTD. What a beautiful place to stay! Enjoy!

CinRell
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
I looooooooooooove POFQ. I stayed at CBR and did NOT like it so last time I went we tried POFQ and I enjoyed being at the resort ALMOST as much as being at the parks. The night entertainment and lounge were nice... the foodcourt was great. the gift shop was fun. the pool is wonderful. the boat ride is awsome. the horse drawn carriages add to the ambiance. The rooms were BEAUTIFUL and comfy. I can't say enough wonderful things about this resort and wish and wish and wish I could afford to take my whole family there instead of a value.

MEM
03-30-2006, 09:34 AM
My family adores POFQ - we have stayed there twice and hope to again. There are no negatives, in my mind.

Please put your mind at ease, uktigger

Kae
03-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Love It!! We were even in Building #1. And I still loved it.

Ok here is my Building #1 story. I read all about PO-this is when is was just PO-Everyone says oh don't stay in #1 it is the farthest away from everthing-yada yada. We had stayed at ASMusic before. So I check in & of Course #1. So I am a little bummed. But you know what the resort is small enough that it does not matter. And we had a great time.

So the moral is you will have a great time!! POFQ is a great resort. :wizard:

Kae

Strommie
03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
It's so good to read all these positive comments :thumbsup2 We are staying onsite for the first time in December and have chosen POFQ. Seems like we have made a good choice :banana:

magicmouse2
03-30-2006, 12:30 PM
No Negatives about POFQ, well only if you want a table service restaurant, which if you do you wil have to walk to POR. I love this resort. Its a deluxe in disguise ;)

Terk-1
03-30-2006, 12:36 PM
This is my favorite moderate resort on Disney property!! :thumbsup2 I absolutely LOVE Port Orleans French Quarter!!! :love: It's small and compact, so it's easy to get everywhere at this resort. It does share buses at times with POR, but it ALWAYS picks up and drops off first at the French Quarter. My nephews still talk about the pool and it's been a few years since they have stayed there.

GoofyGirlnPrincessV
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
I can't say enough GREAT things about POFQ. The first time we went Dh was a a conference and that was right before they rehabed it and the rooms were a bit run down.

We have been back 3 times since then and I am going in a couple weeks! :thumbsup2

I love that the resort is compact. Makes my life easier when I travel up there with just my dd (4 tomorrow). The theming is awesome! The food court is really cool and the food is pretty good. There is one chef at night that likes to hand out beads or the plastic doubloons. He even remembered my DD because she was polite..LOL

Mousekeeping has always done an excellent job! Last trip while we were unpacking my DD was in the window waving to the mousekeepers. They all were waving back. After that we went down to the food court when one of them asked what my DD's name was. When we got back they had towel animals set up on the table and a signed picture with all of the characters and it said "To XXXXX hope you have a magical stay! They also put up the bed rails while we were gone.

Check in is always quick and very polite. I have found that the grounds are kept up beautifully. The pool area is always clean.

I can't wait to head back there in a couple weeks. I do want to try CBR this summer if we can just so I can compare them. I think I will have to have DH book it...I don't know if I have the will power NOT to click on POFQ.. :rotfl:

Piglet843
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
We are Staying at POFQ for the first time in April - and looking forward to it - haven't heard any bad reviews yet!!

I actually considered asking for Building #1 -I didn't know there were negative reviews on that - it seems the most secluded for DH and I (no kids) and looks as though rooms would overlook the river. Any ideas? :listen:

Pooh67_68
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
POFQ is our favorite, we stay there every time we go unless its closed than we stay POR.

4theloveofdisney
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
POFQ is our favorite resort in the mod's!! There is not one negative thing that could say about it. We give it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!

tiggerific418
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
POFQ is definetly the way to go. It's my favorite moderate resort ever. I dont like Riverside because it is just too darn big. When you are at FQ there are no 'bad' bldgs to be in because everything is close by to the main building and the pool. It doesnt feel like a small resort though. It almost feels like more of a town with apartments instead of hotel rooms because of the streets. The CMs there are some of the best I have found. I definetly recommend renting bikes and taking a ride around FQ and Riverside. Also, when you go to Downtown Disney, take the boat, not the bus. It's a great ride and some of the funniest and most knowledgeable Captians work that route. Out of my 18 trips to Disney, 9 of them have been at FQ. Hope you're feelnig better about your reservations after these posts! :)

uktigger
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
wow so many good reports thank you all so much :thumbsup2

pooh93,thanks i'll look forward to hearing all about your stay :)

karen,my kids will be the same ages as yours when we go :)

strommie,look forward to hearing all about your stay as well ;)

thank you again for you good comments i feel easier now about staying here :)

Poohbear123
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
47 days thanks to the reviews on this board. :thumbsup2

DisneyJana
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
We love POFQ. We have stayed there several times, the latest being Dec 2005. We would be staying there this Spring except we have moved to POP for financial reasons...

I think you will have a great time

livyzmom
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LOVE STAYING ON SITE WE STAYED POFQ IN APRIL OF 05 AND LOVED IT WE STAYED WITH DD 2.YO AT THAT TIME --AND CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK THIS TIME W/ GRANDPARENTS AND AUNTIE PLANNING APRIL 07 TRIP DD IS ALREADY "GISIGHTED"(EXCITED) TO SEE CINDRELLA AGAIN!!!
ENJOY YOUR TRIP :teeth:

uktigger
03-31-2006, 06:54 AM
ah thank you :)

Pugrpooh
03-31-2006, 07:03 AM
We'll be there in a few hours! :cheer2: It will be DH, me, DD17 and her friend, DD3 who will turn 4 on Sunday and my mom and dad. I'll post how it is when we get back. :) We stayed at CBR back in 1989 and then we have stayed at the Contemporary and AKL; POFQ sounds like a nice and relaxing resort.

Lynn

Mickeefan
03-31-2006, 08:07 AM
We love and enjoy POFQ so much that when we started planning a family trip for January, 2007, my parents offered to pay the difference between POP and POFQ, just so they could stay there again. The pool is fun, the food court is good, the rooms are very nice. We're very excited to be staying there next January.

uktigger
03-31-2006, 08:56 AM
hi lynn :wave2:
enjoy your trip look forward to hearing from you when you get back :)

stitch63
03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
We spent our honeymoon at Port Orleans and loved it! The theming of the buildings is great and it's small and easy to navigate. We also liked the closeness to DD since we spent almost every night exploring the stores and restaurants there. We were going to stay at POFQ this trip until we saw the great rates for the Swan - couldn't pass up $139 a night to try the Swan!!

KTSMOM
03-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I was aprehensive at staying at POFQ as well before we went on our trip last Sept. I actually loved the resort. I enjoyed how close everything was to our room, which is nice after a long day at the parks. The rooms themselves were very nice and the hotel was never noisy. My DD loved the pool area. I would definately stay there again!

jenrose66
03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Just wanted to say that I love POFQ too. I stayed there for the last two years. I can't bring myself to stay anywhere else. The resort is beautiful, it's not too big. I like the short walk along the river to POR. There is nothing bad about this hotel!

uktigger
04-01-2006, 05:58 AM
thanks again for your replies :thumbsup2

jenrose,how long would you say it took to walk to POR? we were thinking of having a few evenings over the there and also letting the boys use their pool as well :)

GoofyGirlnPrincessV
04-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Was about 10 minutes tops. We were walking slow and watching the ducks and other birds.

Good luck!!! :goodvibes

Leota
04-01-2006, 06:57 AM
Even tho we prefer to stay at the Swan/Dolphin - we did stay POFQ last summer for the free dining promo. It was very nice. Our room was clean & fresh. We liked the atmosphere. Transporation was fine for buses. I was glad we were at FQ as we were picked up first. Food Court was finne for the little that we used it. Boat to DTD was very nice.

Only downside for us was the pool. It's really geared more toward the younger set & we were an adult & a 17yo.

Goofy4Eeyore
04-01-2006, 12:20 PM
POFQ is the best resort in my opinion. Both I and my DFi fell in love with the place when we stayed there last September. The resort is very beautiful and nicely themed. I liked the size and found it to be very peaceful there. Even though the other resorts seem nice, I can't imagine staying at any of them since staying at FQ. On all future visits I plan on staying there.

LVSWL
04-01-2006, 12:30 PM
We do! It's our favorite moderate! We have stayed there several times, two kids, teen and pre-teen and never a bad room or experience. Recently updated rooms, great food court, good bus service. The best plus is it is smaller than the others so you don't walk a MILE to get somewhere. You will be happy with your choice! :thumbsup2

Brier Rose
04-01-2006, 03:20 PM
We LOVE POFQ! :love:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/lambertn/HPIM0741_1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/lambertn/HPIM0566.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/lambertn/HPIM0565_1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/lambertn/HPIM0561_1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/lambertn/HPIM0558_1.jpg

Can't wait to stay there again in May!

Lilolvr
04-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Don't care for the shared transportation and lack of services. No sit down restaurant either.

YesYourMajesty
04-01-2006, 07:06 PM
We stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon three years ago. We had no clue what to expect really, but we liked it a lot. We enjoyed the size, the layout, the landscaping, etc. We are DVC members now, but if we had to stay outside of DVC resorts for a trip, we would likely stay here.

There will always be naysayers about each and every one of the resorts. That is the beauty part of WDW. There are a lot of choices to suit everyones tastes. I am sure that you and your kids will have a great time.

Nik's Mom
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
How much of a drag is it to share bus service? Does it add that much time to the trip to the parks?

dolphin01
04-01-2006, 08:15 PM
How much of a drag is it to share bus service? Does it add that much time to the trip to the parks?It was for us because of the kids and stroller. It didn't really add time but it was extremely crowded and leaving the parks was rough because the bus couldn't always fit all the guests returning to POFQ & POR.

YesYourMajesty
04-01-2006, 08:31 PM
We never actually shared a bus with PO on the way back from any parks. We always had dedicated French Quarter busses.

snyderla
04-01-2006, 10:11 PM
We love it, love it, love it! Staying there for a 4th time in August. It is beautifully decorated and there is no better moderate resort in DH & my opinion.

Lori

dallastxcpa
04-01-2006, 11:17 PM
We are DVC members and stayed at POFQ December 24 2004. We loved it and it is our preferred moderate resort when not staying at a DVC resort.

uktigger
04-02-2006, 06:02 AM
thank you all so much for taking the time to give your opinions on POFQ :) the information you have all given has been a great help in easing our minds(we were at first wondering had we mde the right choice)it's nice to know it's only a ten minute alk to POR if we want a change i.e the pools and food court :cheer2:
thanks again :)

hauntedmansion
04-02-2006, 07:23 AM
I'ts our favorite Moderate, this will be our 5th time in Oct staying there.
We took our niece and nephew 2 years ago loved the pool,arcade and the highlight of my nieces trip the Mardi Gra beads when checking in (go figure)

uktigger
04-03-2006, 04:01 AM
thank you for your reply hauntedmansion

Jen D
04-03-2006, 06:23 AM
We stayed in 2003 and really loved it. The landscaping is gorgeous, the theming is great and the pool is terrific. It is a very elegant resort. And the boat ride to Downtown Disney is great!

The only downside is the dining. Yes, there is a restaurant at Riverside but that is a bit of a hike. Shouldn't have mattered much to us as most nights we're eating out away from our resorts but on one rainy night after a long day we just wanted to stay in, and we were stuck with the food court, which we didn't care for. But, we aren't big fans of any resort food courts, so this is not a particular slam on POFQ. All in all I loved this beautiful resort and would stay there again if the need arose.

uktigger
04-03-2006, 05:43 PM
hi jen :wave2:
thank you for your reply :) were not too bothered about the dining either as like yourselfs we will be eating out most times :cheer2:

SqueakyMouse
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM
We stayed last at POFQ and loved everything about this resort EXCEPT for the bus transportation. This was the worst we have experienced at WDW -- even worse than WL!!! Because the buses go to both POFQ and POR, they were always PACKED!! Returning to the resort was even worse. While other resorts had NO lines for their buses, we ALWAYS waited, usually in lines that required 2-3 buses to head back to the resort before we got on one. Ugh!! To make matters worse, the trips were LONG. POFQ to MGM took 45 minutes each of the times we took the bus. I definitely will stay at POFQ again but only when I plan on driving to all the resorts.

uktigger
04-04-2006, 06:50 AM
thank you for your advice on the transportation :thumbsup2

ktink
04-04-2006, 07:21 PM
We just booked PORFQ for this Septw/ the free dining of course. We were leaning towards a value resort but decided we wanted to stick w/ a mod again this year. I've read the entire thread and I'm pleased with all that everyone has said. It really makes me breath a sigh of relief.

uktigger
04-05-2006, 10:01 AM
it sure does karen :thumbsup2

tpholland
04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
we stayed at POFQ our last 2 visits. we've been at all of the moderates & this one is great if you like to have easy access to the pool & food court. also very attractive

uktigger
04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
tpholland thank you for taking the time to reply :)

karen l
04-06-2006, 08:42 PM
We stayed at POFQ 4/05 & are returning again next week. Love the size, the atmosphere, the pool, the people & the rooms. We never had a problem on the buses. One of our drivers told us they used dedicated buses for each resort when room occupancy dictated it. Prior to POFQ we stayed at Pop & had more problems with their buses. You won't be disappointed - relax and have fun!! :wizard: :wizard: :teeth: :wave2:

uktigger
04-07-2006, 05:33 AM
hi karen :wave2:
thank you for your reply :) we have stayed in al star movies the last two times and never had any probs with the buses :) hopefuly we won't have any problems with buses staying here :) have a great trip and let us know how it goes :cheer2:

JPN4265
04-07-2006, 06:19 AM
Another vote for POFQ. We think its a great resort. Everybit as good as the deluxe. :thumbsup2

Pugrpooh
04-07-2006, 09:42 AM
We just got back yesterday from 6 nights at POFQ. It was our first stay there and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The grounds are beautiful, it's a manageable size, the pool area is nice, and the boat to DTD is fun and relaxing.

We had 3 rooms -- it was DH, me and DD4 (who just turned 4 on Sunday while we were there) in one room, DD17 and her friend in a connecting room, and my mom and dad in a room in the same building. We were in building 1 on the back side and were about as far away from anything there as you could get. It was still a nice stroll to the pool and food court and even to Boatwright's where we ate twice.

The bus transportation was excellent. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, and that was from MK back to POFQ. Even on Saturday night after Illuminations, we got to the bus stop right after our bus left, and the very next bus that came for any resort was ours. The bus driver really jammed everyone in on that ride back, but he was great -- he told jokes and even had the whole bus sing happy birthday to DD.

The things we didn't like about POFQ was the checkin, which took about 45 minutes and she still didn't get things right. One of our keys didn't work and we had 3 keys that fit one room and only one key that fit another room. Mousekeeping was less than perfect. We never got clean glasses until the day before we left, we never got another plastic bag for the ice bucket after the first day, she didn't replenish the styrofoam cups or the coffee, and didn't give us another kleenex box until I took the empty one out of the holder and put it in a conspicuous place. There was only one bar of soap when we got there for both the sink area and the tub. My parents obviously had another maid because they had towel animals while we didn't. DD17 and her friend were coming back one night and got a new bus driver who obviously didn't know what she was doing. The air was way too cold, and when the passengers complained, it became way too hot, and they ended up at the Boardwalk! It took quite a while to get back to POFQ.

All in all though, we had a great stay and I would stay there again.

dhcoffey
04-07-2006, 10:50 AM
We just returned from five days there and it was great. We were in building 2 on the third floor overlooking the playground. Everything was close. We also had two rooms connecting for the kids and my DH and myself. We usually stay at the YC but for two rooms, we chose this resort and loved it. The kids loved the pool and we all loved the Scat Cat Club with Elliot Dyson. He was very interactive and so much fun, music was great. Kids had a blast when he included their names in a song for them. We will stay here again.

cornflkgrl
04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
We were at POFQ about 3 weeks ago and LOVED it. We had a great time and there is not one bad thing I could say about place.
I even reviewed it for Trip Advisor.
:thumbsup2

Pugrpooh
04-07-2006, 10:55 AM
The kids loved the pool and we all loved the Scat Cat Club with Elliot Dyson. He was very interactive and so much fun, music was great. Kids had a blast when he included their names in a song for them. We will stay here again.

This must be the guy who was singing when we got back on Saturday night. We just passed through the lobby, but if I didn't have DD4 to get to bed, I would've loved to have stayed and gotten a glass of wine and listened to him. He was very good.

uktigger
04-07-2006, 11:17 AM
wow pugrpooh,dhcoffey and cornflkgrl thank you for your 'mini' trip reports :thumbsup2 it sure sounds a great place to stay going by the reports on this thread it looks as though we have made a great choice in picking to stay here :cheer2:

kidlit
04-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Love the theme and the boat ride!

monica31671
04-07-2006, 12:29 PM
:love:
I love this resort!!! The food court needs a bit of an update, but the resort is wonderful.

mickeyluv'r
04-07-2006, 04:47 PM
We have never actaully stayed there, but we were at POR on our last trip. We agreed we would have probably liked POFQ better, except for the restaurant. The food court wasn't bad, but neither food court is especially great, IMHO. Though the decor at POFQ was fun. The size is great, the pool is great, the ground were very pretty.

Of all the moderates, we liked CSR the best. Despite it's large size, we found it it pretty easy to navigate, with shorter walks than the other mod resorts (except POFQ) - and our room wasn't especially close to the main building, as rooms there go.
We thought the food there, although slightly more expensive, was considerably better than any of the other moderates, including POFQ.

dhcoffey
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
This must be the guy who was singing when we got back on Saturday night. We just passed through the lobby, but if I didn't have DD4 to get to bed, I would've loved to have stayed and gotten a glass of wine and listened to him. He was very good.

Yes, that was him and I was sitting there listening as you walked by!! :teeth: If you have time next time, do stop, very kid friendly.

uktigger
04-08-2006, 06:58 AM
hi everyone :wave2:
i have just been reading old reveiws of POFQ on another site and they seem to be saying good things (just as all of you have :teeth: )about staying here :cheer2: and one that keeps comming up is how small it is and how quite the resort and food court is which to me is great news because i have always prefered to stay at smaller resorts at home and abroad :thumbsup2

Badllamamama
04-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Of all the moderates, we liked CSR the best. Despite it's large size, we found it it pretty easy to navigate, with shorter walks than the other mod resorts (except POFQ) - and our room wasn't especially close to the main building, as rooms there go.
We thought the food there, although slightly more expensive, was considerably better than any of the other moderates, including POFQ.I agree with this review, CSR is a great resort with more services offered than at POFQ. The best being no shared busing

uktigger
04-09-2006, 08:18 AM
just bumping for anymore thoughts :thumbsup2

disgram
04-09-2006, 11:07 AM
As others have said, we LOVE :love: Love POFQ!!! This is OUR home away from home!!! The one time that we stayed elsewhere was when POFQ was being remodeled and we stayed at POR. It was ok but we were homesick for POFQ. We have stayed at the Carribean and at Ft Wilderness and for our money, POFQ is the best!!! The themeing is great, it is compact and very easy to navigate. We were in building 4 and very close to everything. We are going again in August, :bounce: for the free dining!, and never gave a thought to any other resort. It is a given, that we will be at POFQ!!!! :wizard: :love:

Karnak
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Thumbs up for Port Orleans - French Quarter. All the positive posts on this thread are right on. The only other advice I would give is to allow plenty of time if you plan to use the boat to Disney Downtown and have a dinner reservation at any of the good restaurants there. Once I was unlucky enought to board a boat at the French Quarter that went to Riverside BEFORE going on to Downtown Disney. This took so much time that I almost missed my reservation time. (The French Quarter is between Riverside and Downtown.)

The boat is nice, but give yourself plenty of time if using it for transportation.

Enjoy.

ufgator
04-09-2006, 12:34 PM
I love POFQ. We've stayed there a couple of times, and most recently in January. The rooms, the grounds, and the size of the resort are great. I like the boat to DTD.

Tigger22
04-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Love, love, love it! Hadn't stayed there for awhile (tried AKL for couple of years on shorter trips), but just stayed there in March again. Noticed that it has been spruced up since our last visit (it had closed down for a while after 9/11). We ate at the old sitdown restaurant on our honeymoon in 1996, but don't really miss it now. We would just hop on the boat to DTD if we wanted sit down (DSIL is a CM at RFC in DTD). Haven't seen this mentioned but you could also take the boat to POR if you want sit down dining - you don't have to walk!

Transportation has been good and bad, but we've found that at all the resorts we've stayed at...some good days, some bad days. The things we like the most is the size of the resort (who the heck wants more walking after spending the days at the park), and even though you share the buses with POR, POFQ gets on the buses first. I think I'd dislike the transportation more if I was at POR. :rotfl: The longest we ever waited for a bus was the one time we stayed at CBR, and I swore then that we would never stay at a resort with multiple bus stops........we were there like 45 minutes!

IMHO, there is nothing like the boat ride to DTD - it was such a nice way to end our nights, and was great to have an alternative to riding the buses back.

Enjoy!

uktigger
04-09-2006, 04:21 PM
thanks again to everyone that has posted replies :thumbsup2 i am sure that we will end up loving this resort :love: and i just can't wait to use the boat ride to DTD we spend quite a lot of our evenings there :)

ctnurse
04-09-2006, 04:34 PM
We have CBR booked and Im thinking of switching to POFQ just because of the small resort. Have a 2&1/2 going and just thinking about the walk.

BluOrchid2
04-09-2006, 04:44 PM
This thread needs some pics! We love POFQ as well. Stayed there last September, and are planning to go back again in August.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bluorchid2/WDW2005/DSC_0757.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bluorchid2/WDW2005/DSC_0754.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bluorchid2/WDW2005/DSC_0431.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bluorchid2/WDW2005/DSC_0432.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bluorchid2/WDW2005/DSC_0371.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/bluorchid2/WDW2005/DSC_0751.jpg

chigirl
04-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Gosh, what gorgeous pics!
We are staying there in October...had our first WDW vacation this past September at POP and we had an awesome time, but we wanted to try something different. I can't wait now after reading all the reviews and seeing the pics!

dancemomnj
04-09-2006, 06:11 PM
We have CBR booked and Im thinking of switching to POFQ just because of the small resort. Have a 2&1/2 going and just thinking about the walk.
That was why I picked POFQ. This will be our first visit. After a long day at the parks more walking is not what I want.

Poohbear123
04-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I will be there for the first time in 37 days! :cool1:

ppony
04-09-2006, 11:41 PM
We love it too! It is one of only 2 resorts we have stayed at more than once. We haven't stayed at the all yet but we just loved POFQ so much we couldn't resist staying there again instead of trying the last mod we haven't stayed at yet. :love: Have fun!

uktigger
04-10-2006, 04:48 AM
hi lora :wave2:
thank you for posting those pictures :) the resort looks fantastic :cheer2:

poohbear,don't forget we will be wanting to hear all about your trip ;)

Poohbear123
04-10-2006, 09:47 AM
hi lora :wave2:
thank you for posting those pictures :) the resort looks fantastic :cheer2:

poohbear,don't forget we will be wanting to hear all about your trip ;)
No problem trip report when I get back! ;)

ctnurse
04-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Just got off the phone and switched from CBR to POFQ. Requested building 2 or 5.

uktigger
04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
i'll lok forward to it poohbear :)