PDA

View Full Version : Carnival Fantasy & Valor Questions

keishashadow
03-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Carnival TA called me today to let me know that they would no longer be offering their very generous military discounts...2 days left to book.

She offered 2 very attractive rates for the following cruises:

*Fantasy (which looks to be an older ship) w/window out of Port Canaveral for 3 days &

*Valor (newer, looks really nice) gtd balcony, interesting 7 day Western itinerary out of Miami.

Both cost less than 1/2 what DCL would charge for same intinerary.

We had sadly given up on cruising in Oct. (the Wonder won't be sailing when we're in FL). Not sure if we'd be really disappointed, constantly comparing it to DCL.

Anyone sail on the Fantasy lately? What did you think of the ships' condition & room set-up.

We'll have 3 in the room...were told they do have ceiling bunks.

CPM
03-30-2006, 01:54 AM
We did the Valor Western this past July and loved it!!

What questions do you have? I have lots of pictures on Kodak Gallery if you want to take a look. I loved the POCs too.
Being Military, you may love the decor, it's all Patriotic.

Bbethparsons
03-30-2006, 07:34 AM
My husband and I cruised on Fantasy 3 years ago and thought it was great!
We gave cruised on Disney Magic 3 times and Wonder twice. The Fantasy was just refurbished when we went on it...it wasn't Disney, but it wasn't bad.

keishashadow
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
thanks!

At such a low price, I was afraid the cabins would be "yucky"...especially when compared to the Wonder's decor.

CPM, I'd luv to see your pic's of the Valor.

DH is concerned as to the food quality;) he does like his steak for dinner LOL.

CPM
03-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Just PM me your email address and I will send you out an invite to view my photos. They will come from Kodak gallery.

Let me tell you, my food was much better on CCL ,especially the steaks!
There are so many more choices too. They have the best deli with great made to order sandwiches. They put sushi out at certain times which was fantastic!
If you like fish and chips, (I don't) but my husband said it was one of the best he's had.
The pizza place, which is open 24 hours, had yummy gourmet pizza and calzones to chose from.

CPM
03-30-2006, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=keishashadow]thanks!

At such a low price, I was afraid the cabins would be "yucky"...especially when compared to the Wonder's decor.
.[/

Decor is not as nice. It seems roomier though. I like the way it's laid out better then DCL. The bed is near the balcony door. Gives you more room to get ready near the bathroom. We always seem to clog up that area on DCL. You don't have the split bath either.

The beds however are soooo comfy! they have the nice white fluffy duvet and down pillows you just sink into! I ended up getting similar bedding for my bed when I got hom. :teeth:

Mickeyhugger
03-30-2006, 01:00 PM
J
Let me tell you, my food was much better on CCL ,especially the steaks!
There are so many more choices too. They have the best deli with great made to order sandwiches.
If you like fish and chips, (I don't) but my husband said it was one of the best he's had.
The pizza place, which is open 24 hours, had yummy gourmet pizza and calzones to chose from.

I could've written the same statements, word for word. (Even about your DH liking the fish and chips, as my DH said the same.)

We sailed on the Glory.