PDA

View Full Version : Onboard account???

PammyPoppins
03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi!
I am sorry if this is a Stupid question but can you pay for your drinks at the bars in cash or do you have to use your onboard account? We would rather use cash and also for like bottled water and things. Do you have to set up an onboard account and even if you do can you stilluse cash? We have a couple of kids over 21 and we would not want them charging alcoholic drinks to our credit card, that could be dangerous, LOL.
Thank-You,
PammyPoppins

mmouse37
03-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately, no...you must purchase everything onboard with your KTTW card, even at bars. You can tip additionally in cash, but to purchase you must use your KTTW card.

What you could do is "PrePay" a certain amount on your onboard account before you even board and then you have a declining balance each time you purchased something.

You can do this by calling DCL in advance or faxing in a room credit form found on their website.

Also, if any of your over 21 year olds have their own credit cards they can set up their own onboard account and it would not go to your onboard account.

Every purchase made onboard is itemized by location, time, amount and person that made the charge. You can get a print out of this statement at any time from guest service.

BuzzNutt
03-29-2006, 06:21 PM
I would do the prepaid amounts on your account. This should give you a great start on paying those many little things off before you have the hurtful final bill.

PammyPoppins
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the great info.
PammyPoppins

PammyPoppins
03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
One last question. Are the drinks outrageous, like a frozen Strawberry Daquari? Our friends went on a cruise, not Disney and they couldn't believe what there bill was at the end, that is what has me scared because they said they owed hundres of dollars in alcoholic drinks without realizing how fast it add up.
Thanks,
PammyPoppins

vassello
03-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Drinks of the day are around $4 - pretty normal prices. Top shelf alcohol drinks cost more but otherwise I don't believe the prices onboard are outrageous. If you are worried that your 21+ yr old kids will spend alot on alcohol, why don't you suggest they bring a cooler onboard filled with their drink of choice? It can really cut down on your final bill.

PammyPoppins
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Thank-You, I was worried that they would rack up hundreds on drinks but that is what I will tell them to do.
Thank-You,
PammyPoppins