PDA

View Full Version : 1st week of May Questions...

tifandjim
03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
In your opinion, which of the value resorts would be the least crowded during the first week of May? Also, we have never been at that time of year, so how crowded are the parks?

Pdowning98
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Good question about how crowded the parks will be. I was wondering the same thing. This will be our first trip to WDW and we will be there first week of May as well. We booked our room at the Pop Century. Some of our group was booking at the Port Orleans - Riverside (sorry, I know PO is not a value resort, but thought I would share) and she said it was all booked. So, I suppose it is a matter of what your preferences are! Have a great trip! :)

1000th happy haunt
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
May 5 & 6 are Grad Nights, so probably the values will be somewhat full because of that.

My step-daughter is a school teacher and part of the Grad Night package they offer their students includes a stay on-site at a value resort. I'm sure that offer actually comes from Disney.

3MGIRLS
03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
The value and the moderates were practically full for 4/27 - 5/1 or 5/4-5/8 when I made reservations last week. We couldn't get a moderate, and could only get Pop Century. We couldn't get passholder rates, but we did get a AAA rate. It would be better to book now, and change your mind later. At least this way, you will have something.

tifandjim
03-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Well, I made my reservations about 30 minutes ago! We will be @ POP from May 1 to May7!! I wish I had seen the post about Grad Nights before I booked! Oh, well......I may call and upgrade the hotel in the next couple of days (it will be our 10 year anniversary). What should I do? Will the grads be really disturbing? We don't mind some noise....

dlrhine
03-29-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm hoping that it isn't too bad, we'll be there from April 29th-May 9th. I've been there on Grad nights and it wasn't too bad, they just invade MK. Let's all pray for low crowds.

CBCit
03-30-2006, 07:47 AM
The kids that are there for Grad night do not stay at the hotels. They are bussed to the MK from their high school and must return on the bus. The only problem it really presents to other visitors is that the MK will close early those nights so the Grad party can begin.