PDA

View Full Version : POR and boat to DTD?

WisMom
03-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi
Does the boat to DTD stop at POR or POFQ or both? Also, is it possible to take the boat from POR to POFQ?
Thank you for your help.
WisMom ;)

ciera321
03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Yes, to both questions...It's a pretty and relaxing ride to DTD. :)

rlovew
03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
The boat is a relaxing ride to POFQ but is slower than walking the little bit down to the pool. I think from the boat dock at POR to the pool at POFQ is about .5 miles.

michaelwilliammidd
03-29-2006, 01:35 PM
You already had your question answered but I just wanted to say that the boat ride to DTD is one of my favorite things in all of WDW as funny as that might seem. It is just so nice and relaxing and to do something like that while at WDW is awesome. Especially at night it's so dark along the boat ride and then coming up on lit up DTD in the distance is great. You'll love it. :wave2:

Karnak
03-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, the boat goes between both parts of Port Orleans and Downtown Disney; but be sure you have plenty of time if you include it in your transportation plans.

A year ago, while staying at the French Quarter, I decided to take the boat for a reservation I had for dinner at Downtown Disney. I allowed an hour to get from my resort to Downtown. When I arrived at the boat dock at the French Quarter there were two boats docked there, one full of people and the other with only three or four passengers.

There was a CM working the small dock, and when I asked her which boat was going to Downtown Disney, she said they both were, and directed me to the almost empty boat. After I sat down in the boat, the other one took off and headed straight to Downtown.

After a ten minute wait, the boat I was sitting on left and headed in the wrong direction, to Riverside! After the waiting crowd had boarded at Riverside, the boat returned to Port Orleans because a couple of people wanted out there. THEN my boat finally started for Disney Downtown. However, as I saw the time for my reservation pass by, the boat I was on had to stop dead in the water because the first boat, now returning back to Port Orleans, had the "right-of-way" as we neared a narrow passage way in sight of Downtown. "It's the rule of the water," the captan announced cheerfully to the passengers. I was beside myself with anger by that time; but I held it inside, and said nothing.

So, yes the boat ride is relaxing SOMETIMES. But, as I said, don't plan on the boats as a part of your transportation scheme. They should play "Slow Boat to China" on board.

Enjoy.

WisMom
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks all. Sounds like it's more for the enjoyment (which sounds great and I'm sure we'll use it) rather than rapid transportation. I have a feeling we'll find it a refreshing way to cool off this summer.
Thanks again

tink55
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
We just returned from POFQ (March 22-26). Yes, the boat ride is lovely, but if you want to get to DTD for some morning shopping, you have to drive or take a bus! Even though DTD opens at 9:30am, the boats don't start running until 11:00am. We wasted several hours trying to get to DTD one morning because we got conflicting information from cast members on the boat schedule.