PDA

View Full Version : WDW Florist delivers to resorts - ever had ...

pooh2001
03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
We are considering ordering the Mickey's Kool Snack Snack7 from the WDW Florist.

Has anyone ordered the Mickey's Kool Snack for thier kids ?

Do the items in it....
2 Sodas, logo chips, Cheese Doodles, Crunch and Munch, wise chips, bagel chips, Nutter Butter, MICKEY MOUSE shaped pretzels, Ritz Bits, Chips Ahoy, Milky Way, Crunch Bar and a Mickey chocolate bar!
- ever be melty or spoiled because of the summer FL heat ?
We arrive at the end of June into July @ the Polynesian.

Could I add a soft Disney plush to them ?
I have only seen Pooh and crew plushes on the WDW Florist web-site
www.disneyflorist.com

I would like a Chef Mickey and Tinkerbell plushes for my kids.

Thanks for your expertise. ;)

pooh2001
03-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I just called the WDW Florist
:flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

What wonderful people :thumbsup2

:cool1: They are so nice :cool1:

The florist I spoke to found a Chef Mickey and a Flower Minnie for me.
I ordered them with the Kool Snack packs for my DS & DD.

If you need a plush added - give the WDW Florist a call..407-827-3505
They have lots of plushes and 'Barbie style' Disney Princeses in their shop which can be added to any item they sell.

How cool is that :cheer2:

disneyfan67
03-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I ordered something very simular to what you're describing for a friend and his family when the stayed at WL last Feb 05. I had first called the front desk to see what they could do and then they transfered me to the WDW florist who took great care of me. They explained their options and styles of gift baskets and they made ordering effortless. They took my credit card over the phone and had the basket delivered by 1 pm that day, it arrived in good shape and they hand delivered it to their room. My friends really liked it and even took a picture of it. It's a really neat thing to do and adds to the Magic of a Disney vacation.

P.S. I added a plush Minnie Mouse to the basket and you can go crazy with other options as well. I hope this helped. :wave:

Seahunt
03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
You might want to also look at a DIS'er here on the boards (feralpeg) that does Disney gift baskets and delivers them to the hotels - here's a link to her website:

http://www.peggyssweetsandmore.com/

I'm not connected in any way, but have read great reviews from other posters and have bookmarked her site in case I ever need it! :thumbsup2

DisTeach1
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I ordered the cool snack and added a few things to it...like a photo album, plush toy, camera, etc. But, I found the snacks mainly went to waste as our son just didn't want them or need them after a day in the parks. The sodas were a waste because we had refillable mugs. He definitely did not need the candy bars. After that experience, I want to order a custom bag or basket for our next trip, with a few things in it, but no typical snacks like chips or sodas-a waste in my opinon.

pooh2001
03-30-2006, 01:56 PM
We have teens - so they do muchies - but....
I know I will swap the soda for water and DD has a nut allergy - so no items with nuts.

How about I ask for the Mickey's Kool Snack to have...
2 water bottles, Mickey gummies, Mickey shortbread box, Mickey character cookies (small), logo chips :confused3 (not sure what they are) , MICKEY MOUSE shaped pretzels, a Mickey chocolate bar, 2 oranges, plus the Disney plush.

Maybe a bit healthier - and still good to much on :sunny:

The items above I found in other products the WDW Florist sells on their website.

Also the price of the Kool Snack with tax and delivery is $33.90
ordered with Disney Chase Visa, before June 1st and I get 10% off
giving a total of $30.90 - much less than the other gift website mentioned.

DisTeach1
03-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I think you will be happy. I may order something for my son-he will be 13. I also found the Disney Florist to be more reasonably priced, and they can customize anything.

Mad4Mickey
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Just off the phone with the FLorist and I agree they are SUPER NICE ! I asked if I could add things to the snack basket and they said no problem we can take out the cokes and add more of anything we wanted.

I have gotten something from Peggy before and it was FANTASTIC I would order from her anytime but I think she is not doing it anymore . I remember trying to send something to a friend about 6 months ago when they went to WDW and she said at that time she was not doing it : (

Tikiman
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
We are considering ordering the Mickey's Kool Snack Snack7 from the WDW Florist.

Has anyone ordered the Mickey's Kool Snack for thier kids ?

Do the items in it....
2 Sodas, logo chips, Cheese Doodles, Crunch and Munch, wise chips, bagel chips, Nutter Butter, MICKEY MOUSE shaped pretzels, Ritz Bits, Chips Ahoy, Milky Way, Crunch Bar and a Mickey chocolate bar!
- ever be melty or spoiled because of the summer FL heat ?
We arrive at the end of June into July @ the Polynesian.

Could I add a soft Disney plush to them ?
I have only seen Pooh and crew plushes on the WDW Florist web-site
www.disneyflorist.com

I would like a Chef Mickey and Tinkerbell plushes for my kids.

Thanks for your expertise. ;)

I have used the WDW Florist quiet a bit and received stuff from them and I have always been happy.

Here is a link to many of the items from them.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/special.html

I met a family on the DIS and I have sent the kids the Cool Snacks on a couple of their visits. They love what is in the pack and they still have the pack they came in. They liked them a lot.

Here is a photo of it.

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/megan.jpg

They can do just about anything you want from food to gifts to stuffed characters.

Tiger926
03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Pooh2001 - Something caught my eye about the price you quoted of $33.90 for the Kool Snack basket. The basket is $30.00, plus 6.5% tax, plus delivery and service fee of 1.95. This would be more than your total - did they quote you that total? I've ordered twice from them now (first time was a Mickey's Kool Snack) and delivery was like over $10.00 and it seems to have gone up in the past year.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated as your number seems too low compared to the last time I ordered and prices have gone up since then since my Kool Snack was $27.00.

Also, just FYI, any substitutions you make may incur additional charges - I always change our baskets since we don't drink pop, and hubby loves shortbread and chocolate, so I always have to pay a little extra for these items, but sometimes it works out since they take off the value of the items that you eliminate, such as pop. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, Tiger

pooh2001
03-30-2006, 09:36 PM
without any changes to the Kool Snack - before modifications...
US $30.00
Add US $1.95 service fee per order
Add 6.5% tax

So $30 - 10% Disney VISA discount (order before 6/1/06) = $27
then calculate
6.5 % tax = $1.56
total = $27 + $1.56 + $1.95 = $30.51

I willl end up paying more with the Disney plush and the modification of snack items (soda price = water price, but some of the other items could add an addtional $10) - plus the cost of the Disney plush ($15 ?)

Still at $45 for a modified Kool Snack for each child is worth it as a start up magical gift upon arrival.

Tiger926
03-31-2006, 06:43 AM
Did you just get this from the website, or did you actually already get confirmation of your order with monetary details from Disney Florist? Like I said, last time I ordered this exact basket, the shipping fee was $7.50 (just checked my bill) and that was 2 years ago (last year, I ordered a different basket) and so I'm confused as to why they would have dropped the more expensive shipping fee and just added a service fee? The way I understand it from the website, they have now added the 1.95 service fee on top of the delivery fees - which have increased as well.

I'll try calling them again to ask for clarification tonight and post an update.

Thanks, Tiger

disgram
03-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Am subscribing as I am looking to do this for my DGD as a surprise birthday present. I would like to add things and subtract others to make it personal just for her. The vacation cooler sounds about what I want. Thanks for the thread. :wizard:

Tiger926
03-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Finally got ahold of Disney Florist, here is the info re: Mickey's Kool Snack:

Price 30.00
Delivery on property 9.00
Tax 6.5%

Total $45.75

There is no service fee of 1.95 as listed - it's an error on website. Just thought it was important to mention these prices as some posters didn't realize that delivery was an added charge as I mentioned (it's actually gone up from 7.50 last year) in my previous post.

Good luck to all ordering baskets, Tiger