PDA

View Full Version : check in first? Or Parks??

jeast
03-29-2006, 12:14 PM
We're coming off a disney cruise on a thursaday morning around 8:00 a.m.

Should we go the Boardwalk villas (requested a boardwalk view) and try to check in so we get first dibs on the boardwalk view? If the room is available, we would unpack and hit MK from early afternoon straight through the fireworks. If it is not available, we'd still get view preference, right? But we'd get a later start to the parks and still have to come back in the afternoon to get into the room and get our stuff unpacked.

OR

Should we go straight to MK, come back in the afternoon and hope there are still boardwalk views available?

Help. I'm torn.

jeast
03-29-2006, 12:15 PM
I also need help spelling Thursaday.

Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I also need help spelling Thursaday.

:rotfl: Yea, happens to the best of us! :sunny:

I think I would check in first. That way you might have a chance to get a room that is ready and you could put your luggage and stuff in there first.

Have a great time. I've always wanted to stay there. :)

Samsma
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
We checked into AKL first after our cruise. We were at the resort by 9:15 if I remember correctly. So much nicer to have that over with. Plus we got a great room. Our room wasn't ready, but no big deal. We came back about 5:00 and it was ready.

Bugsmom73
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I too would recommend checking in first, you could store your baggage if your room is not ready. Have Fun.

Terk-1
03-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I always check in first, even if it's early in the morning. This way it's done with. If the room is ready, then great. If not, I will make sure they have my preferences, store my luggage with bell services, and off to a park I go. I usually will try and throw a bathing suit in my backpack, in case I want to go for a swim while waiting for the room to be ready.

grimley1968
03-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Definitely check-in first, like other posters are saying. Drop off your luggage with them and walk to EPCOT or boat to MGM, or bus over to MK. If you're wanting a really specific view/location, it really is first come, first serve, no matter what people request before arrival, in my experience. You just need to check-in so they know you're there. There's no need to stick around after that, and you will probably already know the room you will have after check-in, even though it might not be ready until middle or late afternoon.

jeast
03-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Unanimous! I will check in first. Thanks for the advice!

...i wonder if i spelled unanimous right.... :goodvibes

Deb & Bill
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Are you a DVC member with a Boardwalk view reserved? It is a specific category for the DVC villas. If you are not a member with that view reserved, the best you will do is a preferred view, more likely a pool view.

Don't know about the BWInn.

byoung
03-29-2006, 08:41 PM
We always check in first. Don't always get our rm.

jeast
03-29-2006, 09:25 PM
We're renting points, so we have the DVC category room. I still assumed it was not guaranteed.

anewvance
03-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I always check in first. Of course it's usually like 8am because we've stayed the first night off property. But that way we get the best chance at getting any requests we asked for and we have our keys which we use to charge and use the disney transportation.

dyna
03-30-2006, 02:28 PM
We too stay off site the night before go checkin sometime room ready sometimes it's not. Doesn't matter we gonna take an afternoon break anyway so we leave everything in car till room is ready and unload ,unpack during our break. Usually have our swimwear handy so once van is unloaded then DD can get out of the way while I unpack. DH usually takes care of icing down the cooler 1 more time and he off to swim while I unpack.

OH and I've pretty much unpacked and put the stuff in drawers in the same order since we started stayin on site in 98 that is a big help to me if not for the others.

Meaning DH is the tallest so he gets top drawers in chest. I used to be the next tallest so got middle never mind DD is much taller than me now she is younger an can bend over easier than I can to get her clothes out.