PDA

View Full Version : What is the Site for Groceries deliveries?

cgbsilver@hotmail.co
03-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I know I saw it here somewhere. Can anyone tell me the site for Groceries to WDW resorts?

goofy4tink
03-29-2006, 12:04 PM
There are several....www.gardengrocer.com www.netgrocer.com www.wegoshop.com

MarksMom2006
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.goodings.com

CleveRocks
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Wegoshop and Gardengrocer are delivery services that will shop wherever you want them to. Gooding's is an actual supermarket that delivers only items stocked on their shelves (they won't go to other stores for you, which makes sense).

Netgrocer, however, is in a different category. Netgrocer is more a mail-order service than delivery service. Because the items you order on netgrocer are shipped to you, they don't sell any perishable items. Personally, if I were only interested in non-perishables I'd pack them myself in my luggage and thereby leave room (and weight!) for souvenirs for the return trip!

Amy&Dan
03-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I had wonderful luck with wegoshop.com I would avoid Goodings, their prices are awful at the store, I can only imagine how much you would spend to hav them deliver.

CleveRocks
03-29-2006, 10:38 PM
I got my most recent delivery from Gooding's. The prices online are the same as in the store, from what I understand. They charge a flat $10 fee for delivery with a $50 minimum.

I live in a resort area, and I have 2 supermarkets in my area that have the same set-up and fee structure.

sweetinmaine
03-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Just got back and can't praise Gardengrocer.com enough! Brian, the owner, delivered our groceries himself. The fruits were fresh and very tasty as were the bagels etc. After the initial $10 delivery fee any other deliveries during our stay there would have been free. Our food was delivered within 30 minutes of getting our room. I highly recommend him and will watch for further growth in his business! A+ to do business with! :thumbsup2

JennyW
03-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the great endorsement for garden grocer. We plan on using them when we go in August. It's just silly to pay a ton of money for a bowl of cereal or a bagel at a food court!

jenny

magicmom99
03-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Does the garden grocer deliver beer and wine too?

Piglet843
03-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Ok - so here comes the blond in me ... but....

I looked at Garden Grocer website - you have to give them your hotel name and Room Number and all that jazz before you can place your order . . .
How are you supposed to call ahead of time to do that if you won't know your room number until checkin??
:confused3

I mean I get that they deliver within like a day - and you could call after you check in - but i would like to have stuff there with me on that first day ya know...

How do you guys usually do this?
Sorry for the blondness...

Allison
03-31-2006, 01:03 PM

I looked at Garden Grocer website - you have to give them your hotel name and Room Number and all that jazz before you can place your order . . .
How are you supposed to call ahead of time to do that if you won't know your room number until checkin??

I mean I get that they deliver within like a day - and you could call after you check in - but i would like to have stuff there with me on that first day ya know...

That's an example of the information, not a requirement.

sweetinmaine
04-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Does the garden grocer deliver beer and wine too?

Yes, they deliver beer and wine if you ask them. A friend used their services in February and she had her wine delivered. Much less expensive than purchasing a bottle on-site. Enjoy!

sweetinmaine
04-01-2006, 06:33 AM

Don't worry about submitting your room number when you place your order. By the time we got checked into our room, Brian (the owner of Gardengrocer.com) had already called the resort and left a message for us asking if we had arrived yet. When I called him I simply gave him our room number and within 30 minutes our food was in the refrigerator/freezer and ready to enjoy. It amazed me at how quick the whole delivery process took. I will certainly use his business again. :thumbsup2

sharonRNms
04-01-2006, 06:43 AM
I highly recommend Wegoshop.com. We used their service last December and it was great. I will definitely use them every trip. We had beer, liquor, Diet Coke, fruit juice, etc. delivered. We set an appointment date and time prior to getting there. After we arrived, we called them with our room #. She called me when she was on her way and we met her in the lobby of our resort and she had a big plastic storage piece with our stuff pulled by a small dolly and she rolled it all the way to our room and we paid her there. It was definitely worth it. My husband was paying $5.50 per beer and we bought a whole case of beer for around $16. The only charge extra was $22 for the delivery fee which I thought was well worth it. I didn't have to do the shopping. She even picked up a box of ear plugs for me for my husband's snoring which wasn't on our original list. :teeth: