PDA

View Full Version : Husband said YES!

jblb1020
03-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Well I would like to thank everyone for all the great advice to convince my husband to join DVC. Last night after talking it over and telling him all the info my husband said yes and the papers are on their way! I am a little nervous but I know that it will pay for itself over time. Thanks again!!!
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

rogerram
03-29-2006, 10:06 AM
that is great news. You will love DVC, since you are a frequent visitor to WDW. You will save over what you are paying now at other deluxe resorts. let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.
Roger

elijahpep
03-29-2006, 10:08 AM
:dancer: :dancer: party: :dancer: :dancer:

From our family to yours,WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Hope you will enjoy this for years to come!!!!!! Welcome HOME!

Where did you buy? SSR, BCV. BWV???? Anywhere is great!
Cheers to our new DVCer's!

~DW ::MinnieMo

jblb1020
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
We bought into SSR. It was a decision I went back and forth with but in the long run I think it was the best decision for our family. I can't wait till our first trip home but since we just went on the Disney Magic for seven days in Feb I think I will have to wait till next year.

cobbler
03-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Congrats!!!!

sajetto
03-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Congrats! SSR is beautiful, you'll love it! :cool1:

bobbiwoz
03-29-2006, 10:31 AM
:Pinkbounc Congratulations! :Pinkbounc

Bobbi :cheer2:

DVC Mary
03-29-2006, 10:46 AM
:welcome:

Congratulations! We've never regreted it. My DH often says it's the best thing we did for our family. He likes knowing we always have a vacation in the planning stages. It makes it easier to put up w/ corporate life.

Welcome home neighbor!

jblb1020
03-29-2006, 11:13 AM
That's how I feel! My husband and I both work full time and its nice to know that we will be able to get away atleast once a year as a family to a place that we can all enjoy and make memories with our children. Having to work full time and not being able to be with my children during the day it means the world to me to spend a quality vacation with them and I really look forward to it every year.

conciergekelly
03-29-2006, 12:10 PM
That is great! I was nervous at first too. I now think it was one of the best decisions of my life! Congrats. :cool1:

greenban
03-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Well I would like to thank everyone for all the great advice to convince my husband to join DVC. Last night after talking it over and telling him all the info my husband said yes and the papers are on their way! I am a little nervous but I know that it will pay for itself over time. Thanks again!!!
:cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1:

Congrats!

So...........

Which suggestion in convincing DH was the MOST helpful?

Inquiring Minds want to know.

-Tony

shantay1008
03-29-2006, 01:15 PM
How exciting! Congratulations, and have fun planning your next trip. We bought two years ago, and my kids and I have so much fun talking about past trips and future trips. We'll get the park brochures out and reminisce or plan for next time.

For us, those villas make all the difference in the world. Who would think that a washer and dryer could improve a vacation so much? :)

I was a little nervous about buying, too, but I honestly haven't regretted it for a minute. I've said this on here before, but my saving habits have actually improved because I have a wonderful incentive to stay financially healthy so I can keep the DVC!

I'm with the other poster who wanted to know what the biggest selling point was, if you don't mind sharing that.
Shannon

edit: I just re-read the thread and realized that the other poster was "Tony," who will always be one of my favorites after he made me laugh so hard once I spit coffee all over myself (fortunately, I was wearing an old shirt ;))

lovetoseemickey
03-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Congrats! We too just purchased in SSR (sight unseen). I am a little nervous about that, but it really makes sense to purchase a timeshare when one visits as often as we do. Here's to many more years at the World! :cool1:

nzdisneymom
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Congratulations, and Welcome Home! We, too, are new owners at SSR and can't wait for our first trip home.

greenban
03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
How exciting! Congratulations, and have fun planning your next trip. We bought two years ago, and my kids and I have so much fun talking about past trips and future trips. We'll get the park brochures out and reminisce or plan for next time.

For us, those villas make all the difference in the world. Who would think that a washer and dryer could improve a vacation so much? :)

I was a little nervous about buying, too, but I honestly haven't regretted it for a minute. I've said this on here before, but my saving habits have actually improved because I have a wonderful incentive to stay financially healthy so I can keep the DVC!

I'm with the other poster who wanted to know what the biggest selling point was, if you don't mind sharing that.
Shannon

edit: I just re-read the thread and realized that the other poster was "Tony," who will always be one of my favorites after he made me laugh so hard once I spit coffee all over myself (fortunately, I was wearing an old shirt ;))

Shantay1008:

Thank you for the kind words. A 'jokester' like myself, main goal in life is the 'nasal spray' of liquid onto the computer screen, but the spitting of coffee is so close, that I count it as a win!"

Said post didn't have anything to do with Giant PINK mints, and terminal missionaries did it?

Thanks again,

-Tony

ETA: I will gladly pick up your dry cleaning tab!

shantay1008
03-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Shantay1008:

Thank you for the kind words. A 'jokester' like myself, main goal in life is the 'nasal spray' of liquid onto the computer screen, but the spitting of coffee is so close, that I count it as a win!"

Said post didn't have anything to do with Giant PINK mints, and terminal missionaries did it?

Thanks again,

-Tony

ETA: I will gladly pick up your dry cleaning tab!
Actually, it was the one about 12 extra years with They Who Can't Be Named...do you remember?

bsusanmb
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Way to go :banana: Congratulations and WELCOME HOME :thumbsup2

momrek06
03-29-2006, 03:41 PM
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!!!!!

DH & I are in the TALKING stages!! I am actually in the BUYING stage but......

DH is still researching it all....I said WHAT IS THERE TO RESEARCH, HONEY, IT IS DISNEY....THERE IS NO NEED TO RESEARCH!!! ::yes::

When you are married to a engineering nerd and they carry calculators around 24/7...UGH...well need I say anymore.... :rolleyes:

BUT sooner than later I WILL be posting that I am IN as well!!!! ::yes::

jblb1020
03-29-2006, 03:46 PM
How do I get the SSR Logo on the bottom of my signature?

YesYourMajesty
03-29-2006, 05:55 PM
That is great news! Congrats on your new purchase and Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!

elijahpep
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
jblb, there is help with adding the SSR pic to your signature on the TECH SUPPORT board at the bottom on the original :disrocks: DIS board. EEEEEEEE So happy for you all! :banana:

~DW ::MinnieMo

magicmama
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Congrats and Welcome Home!!

bom_noite
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
That is absolutely awesome! And, I am sure after your first trip home your husband will be thanking you for your wisdom!

I have seen a 1000 such posts on the board - and - you never really here it turn out this way! You must be a good salesperson!

What turned the tide with your husband? What aspects made him reconsider!

drakethib
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome Home !!!

byoung
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Great news and Welcome Home!!

dvc-NE
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Good Deal! I knew you would convince him. :goodvibes

T.E. Yeary
03-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Congratulations & Welcome Home!!

HAPPY "MAGICAL" VACATIONING,
Tom & Staff :rockband: :dancer: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

rinkwide
03-29-2006, 11:23 PM
...Having to work full time and not being able to be with my children during the day it means the world to me to spend a quality vacation with them...Congratulations. (I do hope this additional financial commitment doesn't mean you'll have to work more and, therefore, have even less time for your kids.)

jblb1020
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
That is absolutely awesome! And, I am sure after your first trip home your husband will be thanking you for your wisdom!

I have seen a 1000 such posts on the board - and - you never really here it turn out this way! You must be a good salesperson!

What turned the tide with your husband? What aspects made him reconsider!
After looking at all the money we have spent on our Disney vacations and comparing the prices and watching them go up year after year, it just made sense. I reminded him what we paid the first time we went to Wilderness Lodge and then every year after that. The prices have gone up a lot! We took advantage of the 7 nights for the price of 5 which was after 9/11. There have been no more promo's since then. If we where to stay at the Wildernesss Lodge now it would cost us over $3200.00 during choice season. We have talked to friends that have joined and they have nothing but great things to say and have no regrets.

jblb1020
03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Congratulations. (I do hope this additional financial commitment doesn't mean you'll have to work more and, therefore, have even less time for your kids.)

Thanks for the concern on my financial status but you can put your worries to rest.

DVC Sadie
03-30-2006, 12:45 PM
It is exciting isn't it! Welcome Home Neighbors!! I hope your family loves it as much as dh and I. :thumbsup2

bom_noite
03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=jblb1020] If we where to stay at the Wildernesss Lodge now it would cost us over $3200.00 during choice season. QUOTE]

WOW! And Double WOW! $3200 is a Ton of Money! When the dentist recommended braces for the kids and I discovered it wat $5K I went on the net to see if I could do it myself! I guess I am thrifty!

Had we taken a WDW vacation as a family we would have never laid out that type of money! For me DVC is not pre-payed a vacation - it is insuring luxury accomodations for a lifetime! I had no issue forking over $12K and then $500 a year - cause - I knew we were getting a quality room and a A++++ resort for 40 years!

Please tell your husband that for the money you are spending you are buying an asset - an asset that can be resold if disaster strikes! No longer are you chucking $3200 out the window!

Ok - I am the only Husband on this board who was in the reverse situation trying to cajole my wife in to buying. Let me give you some helpful hints on how to handle hubby from here on out:

:smooth: First time home when he see's what DVC has to offer you say: "I am so glad you felt this was the right idea".

:smokin: In year two you say "Wow - I was never really sure this was for us! Thank god you saw the possibilities!"

:thumbsup2: In year three when he says: "I told you that this DVC was a great idea - are you not glad I suggested it?" You say: "You are brilliant - and yes - while I would not suggest an add-on - I will trust you on this one - LETS GO FOR IT!"

hehehehe.