PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbookers!

CaptainMorgan
03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Creative Memories is coming out with a new line of Disney products in May. a really cute 12 x 12 red album with Mickey on it and a bunch of other new Disney Kits and punches....just thought I'd give a heads up to those that are freaky about planning ahead...kinda like me!! hahaha :cheer2:

We Love Tinkerbell
03-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Hey CaptainMorgan - thanks for the update. I am glad to hear they are finally coming out with a 12x12 album. I have a black 12x12 and red 12x12 (trying to match Mickey's colors) and was considering the light yellow 12x12 but I will wait for the new one.

Now if I could just find time to sit down and scrap. :crazy:

CaptainMorgan
03-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Time to scrap?? what's that?? It's been so long since I had time to work on my photos that all my supplies must be dusty!!

CACruisin'
03-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Time to scrap?? what's that?? It's been so long since I had time to work on my photos that all my supplies must be dusty!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I still haven't opened the album and kit I bought on our cruise last summer and now we are booked on two more! I keep telling myself, next year when <fill in the blank here>, I'll have more time ...

My CM consultant called me about the new album too. It does sound great!

Downrivermama
03-29-2006, 08:46 AM
My friend who is a CMC showed me the April Scraps and the punch looks cool. It's a reverse punch and looked like it is stenciled. It also has a star burst on it two. (Looks like pixie dust to me!) The cover set is real nice. I told her as soon as it comes out I want them! :rotfl2:

They can order unlimited quanities starting May!

Poccio
03-29-2006, 09:20 AM
I was also very excited to see the 12x12 book. Finally!
My question is, do they have scrapbook items on the ship or at the port specifically for the cruise? I have always been disappointed at the scrapbooking items at Downtown Disney, I felt they were missing out on a huge market. Maybe that is all changing!

fabumouse
03-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Since it's a Creative Memories product - does that mean the new scrapbooks must be ordered through a CM representative?

cruisecrzy
03-29-2006, 10:21 AM
Poccio
Yes, they have two cruise kits that you can purchase onthe cruise. One is a 2006 kit the other is generic and covers both the wonder and magic and all ports of call.

Fabmouse
The only way you can purchase is through a consultant. They have a website that you can look at product, but you have to search for a consultant in order to place an order. My friend and I are consultants and we just got the Scraps magazine yesterday the new stuff looks cool!! FYI, the albums are not going to have any pages in them and I believe the MSR was $32.00 for the coverset.

Downrivermama
03-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Poccio

We were just in DTD the first of this month and I think they are starting to come around! Got cutie tink, castle, minnie and mickey punches, only $6 each! But you are right they are missing out. Still had a lot of the same things from 2 years ago. I also got the 2006 cruise scrapbook and paper set on the ship. They did have a few things you could find in the parks at Mickey's mates.

stampinshauna
03-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I just got a fun 12x12 book from disneyshopping.com. They have a vintage Mickey and a Princess one on clearance for $16.99. I got the one with the fab 5 on the cover, it was $29.99 and came with paper and stickers too. It was kindof hard to find on their site, so I just did a search for scrapbook.

LisaSp
03-29-2006, 12:03 PM
...and just took the March 4-11 Eastern Magic. You can imagine I am SO excited for the new stuff--wish I could get it sooner! I will have the coverset in my hands soon, but I want the other stuff. It all is totally adorable.

martinezfamily1126
03-29-2006, 12:25 PM
where can I get it? I have never heard of this. I am very new to scrapbooking.

Downrivermama
03-29-2006, 01:52 PM
martinezfamily1126 where can I get it? I have never heard of this. I am very new to scrapbooking.

These new products are thru Creative Memories. They sell thru home parties or creative memories consultants sell thru crops at their homes. They come out to the public in May.

We Love Tinkerbell
03-29-2006, 02:08 PM
I have a dumb question. I have always used Creative Memories albums but now I see they are called "coversets." :confused3 Is that different from the previous album? The albums I use have a cover and matching binding and generally come with I think 8-12 blank pages.

Thanks

CaptainMorgan
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
The coversets are sold separately from the pages now. You can choose the coverset you want and then buy whatever color pages you prefer. I think there are 4 different page colors these days.

P.S...it wasn't a dumb question! CM changes things so often that it's hard for even the consultants to keep up sometimes!

We Love Tinkerbell
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey CaptainMorgan - thanks for the update. I thought that may be the case. I guess it makes sense. I know some of the albums came with beige pages and generally I only use white so it made it a waste to get beige pages.

fakereadhed
03-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Creative Memories is coming out with a new line of Disney products in May. a really cute 12 x 12 red album with Mickey on it and a bunch of other new Disney Kits and punches....just thought I'd give a heads up to those that are freaky about planning ahead...kinda like me!! hahaha :cheer2:

Can't wait to see them! Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2

stampinshauna I just got a fun 12x12 book from disneyshopping.com. They have a vintage Mickey and a Princess one on clearance for $16.99. I got the one with the fab 5 on the cover, it was $29.99 and came with paper and stickers too. It was kindof hard to find on their site, so I just did a search for scrapbook.

Enabler! :love:

RCBA
03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I can hardly wait to get the new stuff! I am an exCMC and my SIL is a CMC. I already have a stash of the 'old' Disney stuff saved up for future trips. When we take DS we are going to use the 7x7 as an autograph book :)

fabumouse
03-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Although I'm not sure it's kosher with Creative Memories, one can also buy their stuff on Ebay. I've never tried to buy the most recent item, so I have no idea if the Disney stuff will be available soon, but it's an alternative if one does not know a representative.

TheDisneyTraveler06
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey thanks for that heads up! It will be perfect for our upcoming first cruise!

winotracy
03-29-2006, 09:50 PM
My CM consultant is offering the coverset for $16 if my sales in two weeks at my scrap party is $400 or more. Otherwise, I can't get the coverset until it is available to everyone :( I can't wait to see the rest of the Disney stuff!

MommyMouse
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=CACruisin']:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I still haven't opened the album and kit I bought on our cruise last summer and now we are booked on two more! I keep telling myself, next year when <fill in the blank here>, I'll have more time ...

QUOTE]

I've got one better than that.....I keep collecting all the things to start a scrapbook, but have never actually done one in my life :rolleyes1 Our next cruise is only 5 weeks away, and last years pictures are still on the shelf :rotfl2:

Jake & Crew
03-29-2006, 11:08 PM
I am a ( very excited!) CM consultant, the new punches etc will be on my doorstep the last week of April and we leave for our land /sea 4/30~ no excuses for me ~ will come right home and crop, might even schedule a mickey crop for my disney customers to keep me company and share great wdw tips together!!!!

I have the new 12x12 coverset and it is AWESOME!

a few quick things: the 12x12 coverset is avail for $16 for all APRIL hostesses who have a $400 get together. CM consultants are easy to find go to www.creativememories.com and put in your address, only active consultants who work their business will come up!

Ebay is not a distribution for CM ( in fact those that are selling there are in violation of their contract and the company is always looking for ways to find out them out and shut them down) I would be wary of someone selling in violation. :sad2:

Anyway now coming home will be easier knowing that I can relive the trip over and over with the awesome new Disney products to scrapbook with!!!
:cool1:

lisafost
03-30-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm a CM consultant also and CAN'T WAIT for the new coverset and paper packs and punches!! I'M SO EXCITED!

If you want to see it, pm me with your email and I'll send you a pic!!

It's cute, cute, cute!!