PDA

View Full Version : Animals at AKL

OnMedic
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
We are looking at late October reservation at AKL. Will we see the animals from our balcony with the Savanah view?

Thanks

peter11435
03-28-2006, 10:20 PM
We are looking at late October reservation at AKL. Will we see the animals from our balcony with the Savanah view?

Thanks
Yes you will.

eeyoreiscool
03-29-2006, 06:14 AM
The animals are out there all year long except when a hurricane is about to hit.

rabx5
03-29-2006, 07:06 AM
We stayed there last summer. I took over 300 pictures of the animals from my balcony. Now we were on the Arusha Savanah, you may want to request that. It was awesome. It was always my dream to stay at AKL Savanah and it was soo worth the money in my opinion. My daughter even had names for the giraffes. One we so constantly was named Rizzo ;)

Jodi :)

Nancyg56
03-29-2006, 07:16 AM
You will see animals from your balcony. THere is an afternoon feeding also, and if you are around at that time they are all out. Be sure to go to the animal viewing areas throughout this beautiful lodge, as there are diferent kinds on each savannah. Have a wonderful stay.

keagansmom
03-29-2006, 08:58 AM
We were there last year and saw a ton of animals. I was pleasantly surprised! We were able to see them at all times, I don't think there was ever a time when there wasn't something to see from our balcony. Anyway, I love this resort! It was so peaceful to me. You will have a great time!

Fish2girls
03-29-2006, 10:22 AM
YES!! You will definately see animals and like a previous poster wrote, each Savanah view has different animals, sometimes they like to trek over to eachothers area. You will notice if you are awake for their feeding time early inthe morning if I remember somewhere around 6 or 7:30 am the caregivers drive out in their jeeps to each location in the Savanah areas and feed them. So all the animals pop out at that time!! My dd LOVED waking up to the giraffe and the zebra outside our window!!! We went in November of 2004 if that helps. It was around 75 to 80 degrees.

KIANGA
03-29-2006, 11:51 AM

Thanks
MY FAVORITE TIME TO SEE THE ANIMALS IS IN THE NIGHT. GET UP, WALK ON TO THE BALCONY AND MAYBE THERE WILL BE NONE, BE PATIENT, ALL AT ONCE OUT OF THE CORNER OF YOUR EYE YOU WILL SEE WHAT APPEARS TO GHOSTS WALKING ACROSS THE SAVANNAH. IT'S A GREAT FEELING. ANKOLE CATTLE HAVE SLEPT ALL NIGHT JUST BELOW OUR BALCONY. THERE'S A NEW BABY GIRAFFE BORN 11-05, SO IT WILL BE A YEAR OLD WHEN YOU ARE THERE. DO SOME RESEARCH ON WHICH ANIMALS ARE ON EACH SAVANNAH AND THEN MAKE YOUR REQUESTS. THE SAVANNAH IS LIT BY WHAT THE AKL CALLS MOONLIGHT. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

OnMedic
03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback!

How far in advance do we need to make a reservation for Oct. 27-29?

KIANGA
03-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback!

How far in advance do we need to make a reservation for Oct. 27-29?
CALL TODAY AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS. MADE OURS LAST FALL FOR OUR TRIP IN MAY. IF YOU BELONG TO AAA YOU MIGHT GET A DISCOUNT ON ROOM ONLY RESERVATIONS.

Nikel
03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Oh no! We were torn between AKL and Ploy and decided on Poly. Now you all are making me rethink, or at least consider a split stay.

KIANGA
03-30-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh no! We were torn between AKL and Ploy and decided on Poly. Now you all are making me rethink, or at least consider a split stay.
THAT'S WHAT WE DO BECAUSE WE LOVE BOTH RESORTS. THE TRANSPORTATION IS VERY GOOD AS THE AKL BUSES DO NOT SHARE WITH OTHER RESORTS. AKL TO MK IS MAYBE A 15 MINUTE RIDE. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW BIG WDW IS.

OnMedic
03-31-2006, 08:10 AM
AKL BOOKED! - 2 Nights Oct 27-29th, then we move over to SSR for the week. We like split stays too, whether it be VWL, SSR, BCV and now AKL!