PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Dinner rotation for 7 night cruise

SamRoc
03-28-2006, 07:03 PM
We did the Disney Magic Cruise before but it was only for a few nights, now we are going in August for the 7 night cruise. Do you go to Animators Palate, Lumieres, and Parrot Cay twice that week? :confused3 Thanks!

DrCavin
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Yes you will rotate through the dining rooms twice & your first one 3 times. Assuming you start in AP like your example you would be in AP 3 times & luminers & PC 2 times.

ricka47
03-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Right, you'll go to each one twice and one three times. We had LAPLAPL.

SamRoc
03-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks so much. I remember when we went on the cruise the first time, how much I loved Animators Palate. So glad to be hearing we will be going there twice.

scrapperjill
03-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Keep in mind that with Animators...they only do the light show the first night your there....And it's only durring the first three nights that the dinning rooms have their specific menu items...the other nights they have the themed menues that are the same.

SamRoc
03-28-2006, 09:08 PM
scrapperjill, is one of those nights the Pirate night? that sounds like alot of fun. They didnt do that on the 3 night cruise we were on.

scrapperjill
03-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Yes one of those nights is Pirate night. The others are....around the world (showcasing menu items from around the world) the captains gala (aka..formal night), and something that I think is now called the final farewell...which is served on the last night.

lbgraves
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
That is Till we meet again..and all the menus are on the DIS. The link is in the FAQ thread on this forum. :)

Faith&Hope
03-28-2006, 11:44 PM
From what I understand, you don't find out your rotation until you board. Is that correct?

I feel very overwhelmed because I am trying to plan babysitting hours but don't know where I'll be each night,which dinner to skip for Palo 9 (although i can't get ressies now), etc.

Can you get the rotation in advance?

Thanks!

scrapperjill
03-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Your right...You don't get your rotation until you check in...Its printed on your KTTW card. You CAN request ahead of time a rotation..BUT it's only a request and may not be fulfilled.

Some people go by the idea that all adult partys (groups) will more than likely be in the LAPLAPL rotation, those with young kids in the APLAAPLA and those with older kids in the PLAPLAP rotation...but again it dosen't allways happen that way.

As for picking what night to do Palos...I'd suggest NOT to miss Piarate night...and you may not want to miss your first night in Animators....also keep in mind that the first three nights on the ship...each dinning room has a "special" menu...where from the fourth night on they all have the same. We decided to to Palo on either formal or semi formal night....becuase we'd already be dressed up.

Another idea that a few people do is "double dip"...going to both their regular scheduled dinnng AND to Palo in the same night...Then just having a taste at each one...I couldn't imagine eating a whole meal at both in one night....

scrapperjill
03-29-2006, 01:40 PM
That is Till we meet again..and all the menus are on the DIS. The link is in the FAQ thread on this forum. :)

Opps..your right. That's the one meal we skipped for Palo...and they had just started it shortly before our cruise.

lbgraves
03-29-2006, 04:35 PM
OK, here's an example of not matching up with the "expected" rotation that some people go by. ;) We were 4 adults, 7 yo, & 2 5 yos and were given LAP on our last Eastern.