PDA

View Full Version : Anyone turn down a Med. suite?

bridegirl
03-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm just kicking myself for not turning in a request for summer 2007 when we were on board in August 2005. The rumors were it was going to be the Med, but I never took the time to do it.

Now, I'm SO JEALOUS reading about people who have already booked their suites. I'm sure none will be left by April 4th, they are probably all gone already.

Can someone who is turning down a suite give it to me? Is that possible?

Any other kooky ideas welcome - thanks!

Susy

bridegirl
03-28-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm just torturing myself reading all the posts about the people who have already booked.

Just curious, would it be possible for someone turning down a suite to switch it to me? Not that anyone would, just wondering if they could.

???

Susy

PizzieDuster
03-28-2006, 11:04 PM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1069610

:confused3

Don't you worry.... they will come up with more cruises and maybe they next ones will be better.... :wizard: Think of it this way, live and learn, let them fix all the kinks for the future sailings.. :love: Like Alaska.... :cheer2: So don't fret, just fax your wish for your suite now... :Pinkbounc

bridegirl
03-29-2006, 02:30 PM
We just got a call, no cat 1 or 2's left, but they offered us connect 3's for july 28, which I am going to take!

woo hoo!

Susy

justhat
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Great! How did they end up calling you if you didn't turn in a request? I'm wondering cause we want a cat 2 on a future cruise, but not sure how the whole thing works and if we miss the window to fax in a request can we still get a cat 2 if we book early? We were in a cat 3 for our honeymoon and booked that in January 2003 for June 2004 and had no problem picking any room we wanted but not sure if that is normal or not.

justmestace
03-29-2006, 03:30 PM
It is possible to "give" someone your suite, but you have to be working with the same travel agent, and have them do it for you. Otherwise, it can't be done. The minute you let go of a room, it is placed on the "available" list. And even if someone is waitlisted, DCL only checks the waitlists every evening. So if a suite became available during the day, you'd have to be really lucky to just happen to call and nab it.

We turned down TWO suites for the Med. DCL had booked us one, according to a fax that I had sent to Inventory Control, and my TA had sent a fax also.
We've decided to stick with the Caribbean, and hold out for Hawaii.

Susy...I'm curious, too. If you hadn't faxed a request, then how did they know to call you?
Two connecting Cat 3's? WOW. Those are the mid-ship ones, highly desirable. Do you have a group sailing??

bridegirl
03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
While we were on board in august 2005, my sister turned in a request for our whole group

yipee!!!

will have to buy big sis a nice thank you present

Susy

justmestace
03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Great! How did they end up calling you if you didn't turn in a request? I'm wondering cause we want a cat 2 on a future cruise, but not sure how the whole thing works and if we miss the window to fax in a request can we still get a cat 2 if we book early? We were in a cat 3 for our honeymoon and booked that in January 2003 for June 2004 and had no problem picking any room we wanted but not sure if that is normal or not.

Cat 3's aren't that hard to get for a "normal" (as in, not a special itinerary) cruise, especially booking as far in advance as you did. If you have a specific date in mind, fax them now for a Cat 2 and also add that you would take a Cat 3...to "up" your chances. If it's just your family, you will fit nicely in a Cat 3.
I often think working with a TA helps quite a bit too.

justhat
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the info. We're still looking at our dates to narrow it down more, but once we get everything finalized we'll be submitting our fax and hope for a cat 2. My mom would be coming with us too which is why we want a 2nd bedroom. We'd be okay with a cat 3 if it connected to a cat 4 too so I guess I'll include that info.

BTW, is 3/18 your actual birthday, or just when you went to DL? My husband's birthday is 3/18 too!

justmestace
03-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info. We're still looking at our dates to narrow it down more, but once we get everything finalized we'll be submitting our fax and hope for a cat 2. My mom would be coming with us too which is why we want a 2nd bedroom. We'd be okay with a cat 3 if it connected to a cat 4 too so I guess I'll include that info.

BTW, is 3/18 your actual birthday, or just when you went to DL? My husband's birthday is 3/18 too!

Double check the price of the connecting 3 & 4 first, to be certain you'd want to go that route...but including that is a great idea.

Yep...March 18 for real! I met friends at Disneyland who were strangers when we were partnered at dinner on our first DCL cruise, and her birthday is March 18th also. We have met at Disneyland every year since that first cruise.

RonnieJo66
03-29-2006, 04:51 PM
:thumbsup2 Got connecting Cat. 3's with our friends.........

Now we have to figure out what we're doing :confused3