PDA

View Full Version : Repo Cruise - Why is there a range for each cat?

gometros
03-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I noticed that the rates for the Mediteranean repo cruises have a range for each category? Why is that? Why should say a category 5 Deluxe stateroom with veranda cost anywhere from $3500 to $4500 pp for the same cruise?

WDWLVR
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
My guess is that the lower part is the early booking discount. Once so many staterooms fill up the price goes up. That's why on booking day for the repo last year prices were jumping by the hour.

I know for our May '06 cruise we booked in December of '04 and within a week the price rose nearly $1000 so they must have filled their quota for the early booking savings.

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 02:55 PM
DCL has multiple pricing tiers for each category. As a category fills to certain percentages, the pricing moves up the tier ladder.

ivanova
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
DCL has multiple pricing tiers for each category. As a category fills to certain percentages, the pricing moves up the tier ladder.
And since we don't know yet what tier pricing will be at by next Tuesday, they are basically giving us the worst and best case scenarios right now.

gometros
03-28-2006, 04:12 PM
And since we don't know yet what tier pricing will be at by next Tuesday, they are basically giving us the worst and best case scenarios right now.

And that's my other question. I thought I recalled reading that booking doesn't open until the 4th. So how are people posting that they got reservations already?

lbgraves
03-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Up until this past January there was a waitlist for the cruises. People could fax in their requests to DCL to be put on that list with their preference for date & stateroom category. The list was closed in January. Those people who are being contacted now are on that list. Some say that they put their name on the list 2 years ago when this was all just a small rumor.

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 04:20 PM
And that's my other question. I thought I recalled reading that booking doesn't open until the 4th. So how are people posting that they got reservations already?

Some people had faxed requests into DCL inventory control last spring/summer/fall for "any sailing (med, whatever)" in Summer 2007. DCL closed this "waitlist" option at the beginning of this year (supposedly, they had many requests!) DCL/travel agents are now calling the people from that waitlist. Booking will be open to the public on 4/4.