PDA

View Full Version : Lodging between Orlando and Port

kreedham
03-28-2006, 11:29 AM
We've always taken the bus from the airport and don't remember seeing much on 578. Is there any lodging somewhere on 578 before you get there?

castlegazer
03-28-2006, 01:58 PM
There is not much on the Beachline, in fact nothing, but there is some lodging in Merritt Island over on 520 - but why lodge halfway there and not in Cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral? What's the point?

grimley1968
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
BTW, it's 528, not 578. The above poster is correct in that many call it The Beachline, nee Beeline.

I'd just stay in Cocoa Beach, or on Merritt Island. You're more likely to find inexpensive chains on Merritt Island, and more likely to find some pricey beachfront stuff in Cocoa Beach.

kreedham
03-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info. We'll be getting in about 7 or 8 and just needed an inexpensive place not too far away so just crash before the cruise. Don't need a lot of extras.

kcashner
03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
In my experience, when it comes to price you'll do better around the airport just because there are more rooms. We usually get a 3* on Priceline for about $35. All of the 3* include a shuttle to/from the airport (if that is a consideration.) We've never had a problem with a 3*, but don't go down to a 2.5.

Our concern is usually just a clean safe place to crash for the night before the cruise, and we aren't looking for major amenities, fancy lobbies, etc.

Bostonbrat
03-29-2006, 01:37 AM
We stayed at the Airport Hyatt. It was fab!!! And on Saturday morning we just went to a location in the hotel to check in for the bus to the port. We will do the on our next cruise too.

My husband was complaining about in on the plane on our way to Orlando but when we we on the bus he looked at me and said "oh this was a great idea"