PDA

View Full Version : May weather

Boncho
03-28-2006, 10:52 AM
We are going to Disney in May. Anyone know what I can expect for weather?
Are there the afternoon downpours? Is it warm enough to weat shorts at night? Last year we went in March and had to wear our jeans in the evening.

Bob P
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the DIS!

What part of May? The end of May is much warmer than the beginning of May.

Bob

mansionfan
03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
May will be warm enough for shorts at night and plenty sunscreen during the day. Bring some ponchos, because there is always a chance for a passing rainstorm.

Boncho
03-28-2006, 11:15 AM
We are going to be there from May 13 - 21 (staying at Pop Century)

Bob P
03-28-2006, 11:18 AM
The reason I asked is because as you get toward the end of May, there is much less variance in the weather. At the beginning of the month, it is still possible to see some days stuck in the 70s and mornings in the 50s. But by the time you are going it should be well into the 80s during the day (and possibly higher) most of the time, with morning lows in the 60s to near 70.

Enjoy!

Bob

LadyLuc361
03-28-2006, 11:50 AM
We went early may 2004 and it was fabulous! The weather was in the 80's and we never wore pants even at night. I did, however, take a sweater with me just incase. We never had rain, although I'm sure it happens. The rain fall is significantly less in May than June, July or August. We loved it so much that we ar going back this May! :goodvibes

wdwlvr629
03-28-2006, 11:52 AM
So, if i'm going down on the 18th, we should have some nice HOT weather???? Yippee if so!!!

Pocahantas
03-28-2006, 12:11 PM
We were there last May from the 6th to the 15th and had wonderful weather. Only one semi-soggy afternoon. Weather was lows in upper 60's and highs in the mid to upper 80's. I will be there April 30 to May 5 this year and I am hoping for the same temps with no rain!!!

LoveMickey
03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
We go the end of April beginning of may every year. It can be very warm, I bring the misty fan with me in the am.

Our non comando style of touring takes breaks in the afternoon and we go to the pool. Always carry a poncho because you can expect to have showers in the late afternoon. And it is better to have the poncho than not. (I put my poncho in one of the small disney backs and slip it on my fanny pack).

Clothes = tank tops and shorts during the day, tee shirts and shorts at night. The only time you may need a sweatshirt is if you do sit down dinners in the air conditioning.