PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My Call From Dcl With My Med Repo Booking

winnyis
03-28-2006, 07:49 AM
So all those that are waiting - you should be getting a call soon.

Deposits are $500 per person and you need to call back with a credit card by 3/30.

I have an SPR on hold for the May repo and the total cost including transfers and insurance is $7850.40 for 2 adults and a 12 year old and 9 year old

Ginny

princessmomma
03-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Congratulations Ginny! :thumbsup2

So, are you going to book?

markmyboy
03-28-2006, 07:59 AM
I always forget to ask for the price breakdown, but do you remember how much did the transfers total & how much was the insurance? We will have to wait until the 4th to book, but would like to have an idea of what we might be paying!!

winnyis
03-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Sorry I forgot to ask that also.... I never buy their insurance or transfers so it was an afterthought.

I would guess the insurance is $400-500 and transfers are probably about $200 or so.

Ginny

DisneyDiva4ever
03-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks for posting winnyis!

I've been waiting for someone to announce that they got "the call!" I'm waiting patiently...sort of!

I'm curious to see how many waitlisters are notified today. Should make the work day fly by!

misseulalie
03-28-2006, 08:32 AM
So all those that are waiting - you should be getting a call soon.

Deposits are $500 per person and you need to call back with a credit card by 3/30.

I have an SPR on hold for the May repo and the total cost including transfers and insurance is $7850.40 for 2 adults and a 12 year old and 9 year old

Ginny

That doesn't seem like a bad price, hopefully ours will be similar. How much was insurance?

winnyis
03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Insurance is probably $100 per person - that is assuming its about the same as what they are charging for the 11 night cruise.

lbgraves
03-28-2006, 09:05 AM
That doesn't sound bad at all for a 2 week cruise. It's twice what we pay for a category 10 in December. :)

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Congratulations! Anyone else "got the call" yet? :banana:

WebmasterJohn
03-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey Gang

We have some great info on these cruises right here (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/Mediterranean_000.htm) on the DIS - including the price for insurance and gratuities.

John

DVC4US
03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey everyone! We just got the call too. We are booked on the June 16th, 11 night cruise in a Cat 1. :banana: :banana: :cheer2:

I stayed home today to wait for the call and it was so exciting. Now I am on :cloud9: . I have so many trips to plan before this one next summer, but it is the only thing I can think about right now.

Hope everyone else waiting for a call gets one soon.

Just a little background to be helpful. We put in our request in April 2005 for a Cat 1, 2, or 3 during the summer of 2007. We requested the dates of mid-June to mid-August.

Dani Collick
03-28-2006, 11:09 AM
How much was your cost for cat. 1? How many in your room? Just curious :confused3

jmatias
03-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Congratulations Leilani!

I don't think we'll be doing the MED since our kids are too young to travel such a long way ( Honolulu is Home)

So...I'll just have to live through the excitement of those going :sunny:

PrincessTToo
03-28-2006, 12:19 PM
And just why haven't you joined us on the Cruise Meets thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1064911&page=1) for the May repo? We need to get this party started! :woohoo:

Stitch1404
03-28-2006, 12:35 PM
If I am not waitlisted for a SPH room, even if I call on April 4th at 8am there is pretty much no chance of getting one, right?

misseulalie
03-28-2006, 12:39 PM
For those of you who have booked, how much are the port charges/taxes, junk fees?
So insurance is $169, tips $108, port charges and other fees???

If my cat 9 is $2,899, I will add $169 and $108. Are port charges already included in the $2,899? :confused3

cats mom
03-28-2006, 01:14 PM
If I am not waitlisted for a SPH room, even if I call on April 4th at 8am there is pretty much no chance of getting one, right?

Good question.

My guess is the SPH rooms will be gone for the repo cruises long before 4/4, but there are a lot of dates for the 10 and 11 night cruises.
If you're looking at one of those you might still have a shot.

Of course this is just speculation on my part since none of us know for sure how many folks were on the wait list and how many of them will actually book.

My concern would be how many tiers the pricing will jump with waitlist bookings before they officially open on 4/4.

I'm not even considering a DCL Med. cruise, but I know I will be watching the boards to see how that pans out.
Should be interesting.

Good Luck getting the cruise you want. :wizard:

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm Booked!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm shaking I am so excited!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

We are on the May repo too! Also, as of about 10 minutes ago there were still a couple of SPR's available, but I would doubt they will stay open for long!

We faxed in our request last November. DCL called late last week to confirm our information and then called this morning with official booking! YEA!!!!!! :cheer2:

DisneyDiva4ever
03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
It's so exciting to hear about more booking success! I'm constantly watching my cell phone, willing it to ring...c'mon RING! Hopefully, I'll be celebrating soon. It's nice that everyone is keeping all of us waitlist hopefuls going. I hope I get a call tomorrow!....Oh my! They are calling right now!

Gotta go!

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
It's so exciting to hear about more booking success! I'm constantly watching my cell phone, willing it to ring...c'mon RING! Hopefully, I'll be celebrating soon. It's nice that everyone is keeping all of us waitlist hopefuls going. I hope I get a call tomorrow!....Oh my! They are calling right now!

Gotta go!

Soooo..... which cruise are you on? :banana: :banana:

littleowensmommy
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
My TA just called with the price quotes for my b2b May repo/Med cruise for 2 adults and 2 children ages 5 and 8 for a cat 6.

Repo $10899 including tax but no insurance or transfers

Med cruise $11664 including tax but no insurance or transfers...the kicker here is that this includes my 10% onboard booking discount!

My TA didn't have the per person price breakdown but she's going to call me back with that info shortly.

These prices don't make sense! I was expecting $9596 for the repo plus tax and port charges based on DCL's website price chart $3699 per adult and $1099 per child.

I was expecting $10437 plus tax and port charges based on DCL's website price chart $4299 per adult and $1499 per child = $11596-10% onboard booking discount.

I hope that there's been a mistake because these prices are ridiculous and they're supposed to be the lowest prices offered!!!???

UPDATE:

I just heard back from my TA. Here is the breakdown of the prices:

Repo $3699 per adult, $1599 per child!

Med $3892 per adult with 10% discount and $1822 per child with 10% discount!

Round trip transfers will be $50 per person.

mostyn17
03-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I got the call today too.. 14553.00 for cat. 3 for the aug. repo 4 adults...and and for the cat. 4 12???.00 something..sorry, I forget the exact total. :sad2:

Travis

ga9497
03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I got the call today too.. 14553.00 for cat. 3 for the aug. repo 4 adults...and and for the cat. 4 12???.00 something..sorry, I forget the exact total. :sad2:

Travis

Did this include any transfers or insurance?

cotomom
03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
This is bugging me! :sad2: We've had an inventory control request in for over 2 years, and were called about it last week. We were told we were the 4th people to be contacted.

but we haven't been called today. I thought maybe it was because they were calling in order of sailing dates ... but we told them we want a July sailing and people are already being contacted about the repo back? :confused3

what gives?

mostyn17
03-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Yes, I think it did. I guess I should of found that out...huh :blush: lol

mardonna
03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I got a call asking if we were still interested in cruise last week and our TA told them Cat 1,2 or 3 our original request was made back in December. I have not gotten the booking call. I guess we are out of luck. It looks like the suites went pretty fast.

DisneyDiva4ever
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I had to cut my last post off, as DCL was on the phone. My room request was answered with 5 cat. 11 rooms for the August repo! Not sure if this applies to anybody else here, but this is what our group is paying. $4,510.70 per couple in the cat. 11 with insurance, taxes and port fees. The CM said that transfers will have to be added next Tuesday because the prices have not been determined. I know a lot of people are looking for higher catagories, but maybe this helps someone out there. Anybody else book the August repo yet?! :banana:

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Congrats on getting your request! :banana:

DVC4US
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
How much was your cost for cat. 1? How many in your room? Just curious :confused3

Our 11 night cruise in a Cat 1 with 4 people in the room is going to be $18,268.00. We only had 2 days to put down a deposit instead of the normal 7 days. I told her to go ahead because I might forget and then we would lose out.

Our oldest daughter graduates from high school next year so this is her big graduation gift and trip. We will probably spend another week in Europe seeing some of the places since we will be over there.

Wishing those of you on the "waitlist" all the best of luck!

DisneyDiva4ever
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
CACruisin', thanks and congrats to you as well!

Too bad we're on opposite repos...I hope to hear all about your trip over to Spain though! You KNOW that all of us August repoers are going to want a VERY extended report! I will be glued to my computer next May when your cruise departs. Seems like the August repo isn't booking as many yet.....hhhhhmmmmm.

pppiglet
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Seems like the August repo isn't booking as many yet.....hhhhhmmmmm.

Well they did say August was a lot hotter, so maybe that's a factor. Wish I could afford to go! I'll be watching online!

mardonna
03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
I haven't received a call yet. Hopefully you are right about not many want aug repo. We want cat 1, but will take 2 or 3. There will 7 of us traveling but 2 of them are under 3 so I was anticpating about $25,000-$30,000.

JulieWent
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone! We just got the call too. We are booked on the June 16th, 11 night cruise in a Cat 1. :banana: :banana: :cheer2:

I stayed home today to wait for the call and it was so exciting. Now I am on :cloud9: . I have so many trips to plan before this one next summer, but it is the only thing I can think about right now.

Hope everyone else waiting for a call gets one soon.

Just a little background to be helpful. We put in our request in April 2005 for a Cat 1, 2, or 3 during the summer of 2007. We requested the dates of mid-June to mid-August.

We're going on the June 16 -- We'll be a few decks below you, though, in category 5 or 6. (We'll see next week.)

See ya then! :yay:

Julie

GrayFal
03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Came home to find an email fom my TA that I am booked Cat 6..YippEE!

mwilaby
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok - I've been on two disney cruises over the last 4 years and don't know what people are talking about when they say they have put in a 'request'. Can someone point me somewhere this is explained? It's important to me because we were hoping to make reservations on the August 2007 repo cruise and we have been perhaps naively waiting for the reservation line to open next month.
thanks so much
marge

flexsmom
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Mardonna - I declined the Cat 1 for the August Repo this afternoon, so hopefully you'll be in luck later on! Was quoted $16.6K for 2 adults, 2 children inclusive of insurance, etc. Good luck!

For anyone else interested, the Cat 3s for the August repo were quoted at about $14K for the 4 of us.

mardonna
03-28-2006, 08:48 PM
My travel agent just called to tell me that she received an e mail from DCL and we are confirmed in cat 3, but the problem is there is 7 of us traveling so now we need an adjoining room, plus we really wanted cat 1 or 2. She can'r call them till tomorrow morning.

I wonder if anyone has put deposit down on 1 or 2? Or maybe they are just confirming cat 3 room for me now and then I am still on waitlist for 1 or 2. She is going to find out fom them in the AM.

I'm still crossing my fingers.

EpcotKilterFan
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Has anyone gotten Cat 8 or 9 pricing for the May repo?

:banana:

Debbie

txaggie94gigem
03-28-2006, 10:06 PM
i am still waiting for my call from DCL....it has been a little upseting to find out that people have already been contacted with confirmation numbers even though they submitted their requests after i did.....i hope i get called soon!!!

:wizard: :wizard:

DVC4US
03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
We're going on the June 16 -- We'll be a few decks below you, though, in category 5 or 6. (We'll see next week.)

See ya then! :yay:

Julie

That's great to alredy have someone on our cruise. I am going to start a thread on the cruise meets board soon. Probably next week because I am going to Chicago with some girlfriends this weekend. Hopefully we'll have more DISers going on our cruise by next week.

exempt5
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
My travel agent just called to tell me that she received an e mail from DCL and we are confirmed in cat 3, but the problem is there is 7 of us traveling so now we need an adjoining room, plus we really wanted cat 1 or 2. She can'r call them till tomorrow morning.

I wonder if anyone has put deposit down on 1 or 2? Or maybe they are just confirming cat 3 room for me now and then I am still on waitlist for 1 or 2. She is going to find out fom them in the AM.

I'm still crossing my fingers.

we got our call for a cat 1 room for august 3 cruise
did you want the repo cruise?
we reserved it and paid on the spot

we put our request last year august 05

Bmwdsny
03-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok - I've been on two disney cruises over the last 4 years and don't know what people are talking about when they say they have put in a 'request'. Can someone point me somewhere this is explained? It's important to me because we were hoping to make reservations on the August 2007 repo cruise and we have been perhaps naively waiting for the reservation line to open next month.
thanks so much
marge

Marge,
I have been on 5 disney cruise and i was just as perplexed as you. I soon found out from the higher up in DCL that people can make a request at any time by sending a fax to DCL even if the cruise date has not been set including special cruises. With regard to the MED cruise, even though it has not been formally announced just til last week, people was able to put a request for a specific stateroom and put on waitlist for the "possible" Med repo cruise back in Fall or as well as for any other cruise in the future.

Personally, i don't think it is fair esp to put a waitlist for a cruise that has not been announced but has been rumored to. I heard that there is a current waitlist for a family to a cruise for a specific week in 2009!! They also told me that the Walt Disney Suites is solid booked for the next 2 years for all cruises due to waitlist. So technically, i could right now, put on a waitlist for a next future repo cruise,(besides the MED) whenever that may be. Makes no sense!!
:sad2:

DVC4US
03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Marge,
I have been on 5 disney cruise and i was just as perplexed as you. I soon found out from the higher up in DCL that people can make a request at any time by sending a fax to DCL even if the cruise date has not been set including special cruises. With regard to the MED cruise, even though it has not been formally announced just til last week, people was able to put a request for a specific stateroom and put on waitlist for the "possible" Med repo cruise back in Fall or as well as for any other cruise in the future.

Personally, i don't think it is fair esp to put a waitlist for a cruise that has not been announced but has been rumored to. I heard that there is a current waitlist for a family to a cruise for a specific week in 2009!! They also told me that the Walt Disney Suites is solid booked for the next 2 years for all cruises due to waitlist. So technically, i could right now, put on a waitlist for a next future repo cruise,(besides the MED) whenever that may be. Makes no sense!!
:sad2:
Melinda,
The majority of the request that are submitted to DCL are for the suites since there are so few of them. We enjoy cruising in a suite and if this is the only way I can get a Cat 1, 2 or 3 it's what I will do. We did not specifically put in for a repo or rumored Med cruise. While on a cruise 2 years ago we put in a request for the summer of 2006 and summer of 2007 in a Cat 1,2, or 3. We just lucked out and 2007 turned out to be in the Med.

I think this is a great way to get a specific cruise or cabin that you might want. Next summer just happens to be a great year for us because my oldest daughter will be graduating from high school and this is her big present and trip.

mardonna
03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
yes I am wanting the Aug repo cruise.

two-foxes
03-29-2006, 07:10 AM
We got our call yesterday, and I was able to get thru to the number and speak to our contact right away yesterday, but she put me on hold for a long time....since I was at work, I had to hang up after almost 5 minutes. Now I am trying to call her back, but only get her voicemail! Getting frustrating!!! Anyone else not able to get in touch with their contact?

CACruisin'
03-29-2006, 07:31 AM
I also missed my original call. When I called back, I left a voicemail. Then I just kept trying every 5 minutes or so. (ok, so patience is not one of my virtues! :rotfl2: ) When I did actually get through, she was really nice and helpful. She did say they are really busy (really!).

DisneyDiva4ever
03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Two foxes,

Sounds pretty frustrating. Too bad you had to hang up yesterday. I guess I'd keep calling and leaving voice mails. Maybe if you explain that you were put on hold and not helped yesterday, your contact would call you back before others who left voicemail messages recently? Good luck and let us know if you get through.

Here's some virtual pixie dust for you *******.*.*.*.*.******** :wizard:

mardonna
03-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Okay, I booked this morning a cat 3 and connecting cat 4. There is 7 of us traveling and we really want a cat 1 or 2. I was told by TA that no one has booked cat 1 and 2 yet with deposit on aug repo, but they are still waiting for people to call back and deadline is tomorrow. They said they are not sure how they will handle the second go around. I am still waitlisted for 1 and 2 and hoping it will become availble eventually.

Scratch42
03-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Okay, I booked this morning a cat 3 and connecting cat 4. There is 7 of us traveling and we really want a cat 1 or 2. I was told by TA that no one has booked cat 1 and 2 yet with deposit on aug repo, but they are still waiting for people to call back and deadline is tomorrow. They said they are not sure how they will handle the second go around. I am still waitlisted for 1 and 2 and hoping it will become availble eventually.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Your in for a fun time!

See you on board!

We've already started the thread for the August Repo!

Come introduce yourselves!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1062787

j
:wave:

two-foxes
03-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Two foxes,

Sounds pretty frustrating. Too bad you had to hang up yesterday. I guess I'd keep calling and leaving voice mails. Maybe if you explain that you were put on hold and not helped yesterday, your contact would call you back before others who left voicemail messages recently? Good luck and let us know if you get through.

Here's some virtual pixie dust for you *******.*.*.*.*.******** :wizard:

What little faith I have :sunny: The pixie dust worked (I am horribly impatient!) She called back this morning, we are booked for the August repo, cat 7 (the old cat 6 with the slight obstruction..save enough for a couple massages!) Total caost w/insurance and transfers for two adults...$7760.70. Not as bad as I thought....not as good as I wished, but not as bad as I thought...

Scratch42
03-29-2006, 10:41 AM
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1062787

So you can come over and join in the Fun Too!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

j

bridgemanva
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
For those of you who had faxed IC was the message you received from DCL automated? I've been waiting for my call and yesterday on my voicemail was the tailend of an automated message all I hear is a very perky Thank You; b/c it went to voicemail I couldn't get the caller ID. Please tell me I didn't miss my call.

CACruisin'
03-29-2006, 10:51 AM
My message was from a live person.

DisneyDiva4ever
03-29-2006, 11:42 AM
two foxes,

Whew! Glad you got your call! Cat. 7 sounds great, coming from a cat. 11 room dweller!

I guess you can never underestimate the power of The DUST! HA!

GrayFal
03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

pixiedust: *** :boat: *** pixiedust: *** :boat: *** pixiedust:

Welcome aboard!

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Walt or Roy for YOU!

faireygod mother
03-29-2006, 02:04 PM
It was the best email ever, when I found I was booked. Welcome aboard everyone

crzy4magic
03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
We got the call this morning - we are booked in for the 7/28 11 day cruise. But, my wonderful, patient DW will be calling back - she did such a good job recuiting family to help lower the per person cost that we won't fit in what was booked. When she talked to them DCL said she had until tomorrow to make changes, including add people, change/add cabins.

We would have loved to do a repo cruise, but school here goes through mid to late June, and our oldest has late summer commitments for HS activities that overlap the August cruise dates - we just have to settle with one of the "regular" Med cruises.

Good luck and pixie dust to everyone on getting your wishes!

txaggie94gigem
03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
i finally got the call this morning....even though i gave them only my cell phone on my ressie request they left a message on my home phone...go figure?! i got the cat 11 i wanted for the may repo and my TA made sure i got first dining and everything else i wanted with my ressie....the price was what i expected...i transferred a ressie i made on board last october so i got 10% discount and $250 stateroom credit!!!! :wizard:

RobinMarie
03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
i finally got the call this morning....even though i gave them only my cell phone on my ressie request they left a message on my home phone...go figure?! i got the cat 11 i wanted for the may repo and my TA made sure i got first dining and everything else i wanted with my ressie....the price was what i expected...i transferred a ressie i made on board last october so i got 10% discount and $250 stateroom credit!!!! :wizard:

I'm confused, did your TA call or did DCL? If was your TA, which TA did you use?

Congrats!

GrayFal
03-29-2006, 07:53 PM
See....your patience paid off....they WILL get to everyone eventually!

disneylover5
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
We got the call this morning - we are booked in for the 7/28 11 day cruise. But, my wonderful, patient DW will be calling back - she did such a good job recuiting family to help lower the per person cost that we won't fit in what was booked. When she talked to them DCL said she had until tomorrow to make changes, including add people, change/add cabins.

We would have loved to do a repo cruise, but school here goes through mid to late June, and our oldest has late summer commitments for HS activities that overlap the August cruise dates - we just have to settle with one of the "regular" Med cruises.

Good luck and pixie dust to everyone on getting your wishes!

There are about 50 of us from Northern VA/Wash DC wanting this date. Mostly CAT 9's......what CAT did you book? and how many staterooms?

4kidsandadog
03-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Well, I'm disappointed that our chances for a Cat. 2 are so slim.... we had one on our last cruise and now I'm spoiled. We're trying for the June 16 sailing so we can be onboard for my birthday. We also figured if we were going to spend so much (6 people), we should see as many sites as possible... otherwise, I'd shoot for the Aug. repo and try for a suite on it as well. We'll just have to see what Marla (from DU) can find for us on Apr. 4.

Karen

Lorraine
03-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Just got the call back after sitting and worrying about not hearing back since last week, and we are now booked in a Cat 3 on the August repo cruise.

Tried for a Cat 1 or 2 but non-available :confused3 , oh well never mind, just glad to be going :banana: !

DisneyDiva4ever
03-30-2006, 09:02 AM
It's great to hear that more Disers are booking Med. cruises! I've been researching some of the ports & I'm amazed at the beauty of these cities! I'm ready to see new places. Like I always say, I'll go wherever the Main Mouse takes me!

Lorraine, see you on the August repo!

mardonna
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Lorraoine,

I just saw your post we are also booked on aug rpo in cat 3 adjoining cat4. We also wanted cat1 or 2. MY ta said as of yeasterday no one had put deposit down on them yet and they were waiting for call backs. Did you hear otherwise. When was your request sent it?

Lorraine
03-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Mardonna,

When they called me last week to ask if I was still interested in the Cat 3 that I had wait-listed for (sent last Oct/Nov) I told them that we were interested in Cat 3 or above, and when they called me to book today I asked if there were any Cat 1 or 2s available and was told that they didn't have any. Of course, they could be provisionally booked with people who just haven't paid there deposit yet ( you get until the day after they call you to pay the non-refunable deposit), and so they could come available today or tomorrow if someone chooses not to take up the reservation.

bridegirl
03-30-2006, 10:27 AM
We got adjoining category 3 mid-ship for july 28, waitlisted for category 1 or 2.

Woo hoo!!

Anyone else sailing that day?

Susy

AnnaS
03-30-2006, 11:23 AM
We plan on sailing that day also. Can;t confirm til we are booked on Tuesday though.

HookedonMagic
03-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Just got my call, too (finally!) :banana: Got Category 3 for May 26 11 night. Price is pretty steep...might call back and try for a Cat 6. I'll have to sleep on it! :sunny:

kimkatmom
03-30-2006, 03:09 PM
disneylover -- what date are planning on booking?

Our family is talking about the first Med Cruise -- not repositioning.

disneylover5
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
disneylover -- what date are planning on booking?

Our family is talking about the first Med Cruise -- not repositioning.

I will send you a PM.

crzy4magic
03-30-2006, 06:48 PM
DCL returned our call today - we traded in our Cat 3 on the July 28 Med cruise for connecting Cat 9s and a Cat 11 across the hall. My DW is sadabout giving up the suite, but we have turned this into a multi-generational trip and saved a bunch of money in the process. Now, maybe I can afford the airfare for 5.

Best wishes and Pixie Dust to all!

CACruisin'
03-30-2006, 07:02 PM
I feel your wife's pain. Our first cruise was in Cat 3. Our second will be in cat 6 (just DH and myself! :love: ) In order to do the Med repo we had to substationally downgrade. Looked at cat 8, but DH decided if he couldn't have his own verandah he wanted to be right by the Dec 7 aft verandah instead. :rotfl2: I will miss my concierge team, but I figure no matter what, I am ON the ship! :thumbsup2

disneylover5
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
DCL returned our call today - we traded in our Cat 3 on the July 28 Med cruise for connecting Cat 9s and a Cat 11 across the hall. My DW is sadabout giving up the suite, but we have turned this into a multi-generational trip and saved a bunch of money in the process. Now, maybe I can afford the airfare for 5.

Best wishes and Pixie Dust to all!

Ours will be Multi-Generational as well! We are friends/family...youngest will be 4 oldest will be 85!! We are all so excited!! My oldest DS will turn 18 on Aug 3rd, 2007 and one of our best friends DD will turn 18 on Aug 4th, 2007!! We will be having a party!!! I can't wait!!

mardonna
03-30-2006, 10:55 PM
I never heard from ta today so either cat 1 and 2 was sold or Disney is holding it back or VIP's

Keep me informed for what you know

ga9497
03-31-2006, 09:03 AM
I never heard from ta today so either cat 1 and 2 was sold or Disney is holding it back or VIP's

Keep me informed for what you know

Yesterday, March 30 was the day that people had to get back to Disney cruise with their answer. Today is the day that if anyone did not choose the suites that they reopened for, I guess, the next round of people on the waitlist?