PDA

View Full Version : Dinner attire questions

Melora
03-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Im starting to pack for our cruise that is in less than 2 weeks and I suddenly realized I wasnt sure about dinner attire.

I have one suit for each guy in our party for formal night. Then one fancier outfit for the 3 girls in our party.

Now how about the rest of the nights? are all the other nights more casual? (ie: nicer shirt and slacks for the boys and girls). My 17 year old daughter was horrified that she couldnt wear her nicer jeans to dinner.. was I correct in telling her no jeans in the evening dining rooms?

Are there any semi-formal nights?

Thanks!

rocketralph
03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
They won't chase you out of the dinning rooms if you wear jeans but usually the dress code would be resort casual. I usually wear polo shirt and khakis.

What type of cruise are you going on? (3,4 or 7 night)

lbgraves
03-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Actually, they have changed the suggested dress code to allow jeans in the dining room on casual nights.

Melora
03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the repliles!!

We are going on a 7 day cruise.

So one formal night outfit and the rest resort casual?

captaincrash
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
SO,

If I can go in with a pirate costume (which is tolerable for pirate nite) then you can go as you like! But as everyone sez.... having a few mix an' match resort casual things doesn't hurt. AND... just becuse I do... I'll say that I pack 2 (TWO) tuxedos ... one is the tropical formal dinner jacket in white with the scalloped lapels in fabric matching the body (not that tacky satin)... and a formal black with the tacky satin lapels. No tails... just modern formal. I pack a few bowties to suit the mood on the evening of the dinner and a couple of white tux shirts... and ONE cumberbund. NOW... before you roll your eyes please consider... I am just responding to the passonate appeals of my daughter to dress up like she shows me in these photos. AND I went and bought some decent looking ebay tuxes... it cost me under 100 or so for the 2 that I have and I'm good to add another with a real classic cut with real quality.

So... it is OK to do so and it does make for some nice photos. SO I would actually encourage it even though everyone sez very few dress all the way. It makes the formal even more of a formal evening IF more folks went ... in legitimate formal attire as opposed to just a business suit or just a nice sport coat. BUT Even that is better then jeans on formal nite. AND - to my knowledge no one is going to deny you entry if you come to formal nite with casual wear. IF I wanted to come to formal nite in casual attire let me say that I do not want anyone telling ME what I had to wear to have dinner. But then again I'm not much of a rebel in these matters. pirate: