PDA

View Full Version : Palo brunch or dinner?

mom23boyz
03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Which is better? Also, what's the tea like? I love to do tea. Would I want to do the Palo tea and also the Alice tea?

atakaratemom
03-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Palo Brunch, Dinner and Tea-Do them all if you can! They are all wonderful and unique. Many people prefer brunch to dinner, but I like them equally. The brunch selection is truly amazing, but I would hate to miss the chocolate souffle and romantic atmosphere that dinner offers. Tea is also very nice. You get a delicious selection of sandwiches, warm scones with cream and preserves, a tray of sweets and if that wasn't already enough, trifle for dessert. And of course you get a lovely pot of tea. Really you can't lose. Any meal that you have in Palo is something special. Enjoy!

rocketralph
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I would have to agree. Do them all :thumbsup2 . You can never get enough of Palo's.

tstobb
03-28-2006, 03:55 PM
The Alice tea, if it is like the Tea with Wendy, is for children more than adults. If at all possible, do them all - the experience will be different for each one.

pppiglet
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
For our first cruise we didn't want to miss the regular rotation dinners, so we skipped Palo dinner. We did the brunch and tea. Both were good. Loved the brunch! So this next cruise we will do Palo dinner and brunch and skip the tea. It was good, but don't feel we have to do it this time.

vassello
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
We went to both the brunch and the dinner this last cruise. Both are superb, however I think the brunch wins out. If given the chance, go to both! We didn't try the tea but I can imagine it would be great also! Tea with Wendy/Alice is really more of a child thing - it was fun to see the kids and their expressions but since I've been to this twice now, I'm done. ;)

natsmom125
03-28-2006, 07:39 PM
I agree.....go with all three....Palo CANNOT be beat.

Tea With Wendy is for kids....mothers and daughter or sons.....they have cc cookies and ice tea in little silver pitchers....good photo op.

Wish I was sittin' in Palo right now......oh well..............

Phyllis :crazy: :firefight

Robert and Kelley
03-29-2006, 07:59 AM
We have done the brunch and absolutely love it. The Tea was ok but I dont plan on doing it again. We have never had dinner at Palo so I am not sure about that. We always have so much fun at regular dinner we dont want to miss out on it.

kfeuer
03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Another vote for brunch. It was one of the best buffets I've had in a very long time. Plus, we really enjoyed being at Palo's in the daytime when the view off the ship is so pretty.

dwkwootton
03-29-2006, 10:25 AM
If you can do all three, I encourage you to! They are all just wonderful. But, if I had to choose only one, I would choose dinner over brunch or tea without hesitation.

captainhook
03-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Does the $10/pp charge apply for the brunch and tea, too? We signed up for a dinner online, but it doesn't show any availability for the tea or brunch. Is it likely we could get these once we are on board?

vassello
03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Go to Rockin' Bar D at embarkation time and find out! Seriously, we couldn't get any ressies online prior to our cruise except for a Palo on Sat. night. We boarded in group 2 and then rushed to Rockin' Bar D and were able to cancel Sat. Palo and get a Sun. night Palo and a Thurs. Brunch at Palo. You should have no problem if you go straight there when you arrive. Also, don't forget if you are flexible enough, put your name on their cancelation list. We were called several times during the cruise to see if we wanted additonal Palo seatings. ;)

atakaratemom
03-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Does the $10/pp charge apply for the brunch and tea, too? We signed up for a dinner online, but it doesn't show any availability for the tea or brunch. Is it likely we could get these once we are on board?
Brunch and Dinner are both $10, but Tea is $5.

NCardella
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
We did all three on our last cruise (just last week, sniff sniff) and I am one of those who thinks the brunch is better than the dinner.

Tea was great, the scones, sandwiches and desserts were great.

Tea with Wendy is only a chocolate chip cookie and ice tea, but the Mad Hatter and Wendy put on a great show for the kids and even invite two children to have tea at the head table with them. Then they have photos afterwards.

We boarded with no Palo reservations, they were all booked up for all meals. But upon boarding we went straight to Rockin Bar D and got a ressie for dinner, put on the waiting list for tea and brunch and by the time we got back from dinner on the first night, we had gotten our two other ressies.

I don't know if I would do dinner at Palo again. I could probably put the kids in the clubs and just eat with my DH at our table with no kids! Our $10pp turned into a $78 bill with wine and tip!