PDA

View Full Version : What is the square footage of a catagory six?

cindy21494
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out the square footage of a catagory six cabin. Everywhere I look it says 268 square feet, but is that with or without the balcony? Does anyone know the correct size?

TIA :sunny: Cindy

clovely
03-27-2006, 06:55 PM
We just got off the Wonder yesterday. I just asked dh to estimate the square footage of our Cat 6 and he thought the 268 sounded right but probably without the balcony. The balcony really couldn't have been more than 15-20 square feet, though. I'm working on uploading some pictures to post on a couple threads and can send you a couple of our cabin or post some here if you like (it was #6054). I'm not sure how much that would help. We had dh and myself and dd and ds (5 and 6) for three nights. We had plenty of space but it would've gotten cramped if we were there for 7, IMO.

tvguy
03-27-2006, 11:01 PM
214 square feet of cabin...total of 268 square feet with the balcony, according to the Disney brochure. So balcony is 54 square feet. The cabins are all 10 feet wide, so the balcony must be just over 5 feet deep (and of course 10 feet wide).

lbgraves
03-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Categories 5-10 have the same interior square footage. :) The difference is the balcony.

cindy21494
03-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Thank you, I'm just trying to figure out what will be the best cabin for us when we cruise again. Catagory six sounds alright for a family of four, but I may move up to a catagory four. :sunny:

nzdisneymom
04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
We are a family of 4 and did a Cat. 4 for a week, but we're "downgrading" to a Cat. 6 for when we do our next cruise. The extra space was nice in the Cat. 4 (about the width of a twin bed deeper), but what really made the difference for us was having the verandah to go out on. Of course we may feel differently after spending time in a Cat. 6, but before we rebooked, we marched off what we would "lose" between a 4 and a 6 and when we saw how little of a difference it really was, we decided that we could live in a 6 for a week. FWIW, we have two boys who were ages 8 and 9 1/2 when we sailed in December '05.