PDA

View Full Version : Costa Maya Question

jd99
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Is the Mayan Pavillion Park and Uvero beach one in the same? I'm thinking they are different places and Uvero is an excursion and the other is close to the dock..am I right? If so, which is better for a family with two young kids (7&2) to hang out at during our stop in Costa Maya? And...is the MPP not an excursion? Help! :-)

musicgirl
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Well I don't know about the Pavillion (it may be the port???), but I have not heard great reviews about Uvero Beach. The water has a lot of sea grass and it is about a 45 min. trip.

Here are some ideas for you. We are going in June, so I have done some searching on this.

There is a pool (salt water) and shopping right at the port. It looks fun, they do have entertainment (traditional music and dancing).

We are going to Majahual Beach which is about 5 min. away. It is suppose to be beautiful. In fact, we are doing a dis meet here!!! It is just past the Tequila Beach.

http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/SiteMap.htm

If you scroll way down, you will see links to Maj. Beach pictures. It does look nice!!!

CBEB
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
We went to what I think is Uvero beach (Jungle Beach Break)? It did have a lot of sea grass BUT... We saw LOTS of starfish and large conch shells (5-6 inches). I think because of the sea grass, there were things to find that you don't normally get to see at a beach. You could walk Way out and still be in reasonably shallow water for the kids (I have a DD9, but she's short for her age).

We decided we actually liked this beach better than Cozumel because it was different from any beach we had ever been to.