PDA

View Full Version : Help on the rental car

disnutz
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I am thinking that we will rent a car for the trip to the port since we get in on Saturday before the cruise. But how/where do I drop the car? Do I drop everyone off at the terminal and then go drop the rental? If so, how far is the rental car place? (Avis or budget I guess?) I am a little confused - helpa newbie!

DrCavin
03-27-2006, 04:46 PM
We drop everyone off & I go back to Budget. Hop on the shuttle & head back to terminal. About 3 miles from terminal to Budget. You will need to have your photo-id to be allowed into the terminal, so dont forget that.

On return trip everyone went back to Budget, but you can see how it goes. Sometimes they can take a someone who doesnt have luggage. Then you can just come back & get the rest of your party.

Sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is.. :)

I added this link that gives some more info: http://dcltribute.com/carhire/

Moonbeams
03-27-2006, 04:49 PM
If you are thinking about renting a car just to drive to Port Canaveral, then I don't know of anywhere near the Disney terminal that you can turn in a rental. If there is one, I've never seen it. The port itself is miles away from most anything else, so I believe what you drive over there, you have to park and leave over there while you are gone. They do charge per day to park in the lot and you can pay with a credit card or cash.

Advice: If you are going on a 7 night cruise, unless you are bringing a LOT of people, or are on a really deeply discounted weekly rental rate AND need the car for use before and/or after the cruise to go to WDW, etc., then I would look into taking the DCL bus from the airport to the boat and back. It is a much cheaper and easier option. They make the bus ride fun too!

I hope this helps. Have a lovely cruise! :sunny:

Berry :wizard:

NYGiantsRule!
03-27-2006, 05:58 PM
There are several car rental agencies within 5 miles of the DCL terminal. Avis is the closest, followed by Budget and Hertz. It is very easy to rent one way at the airport and do the reverse when you get back from your cruise. It is also much cheaper if you have more than 2 of you. We can usually get a full size car for around $50 each way for the four of us. Disney transfers are $50 each, so we save $100 by renting a car.