PDA

View Full Version : ? for Ladies only: Need a "lift"

JJsmama
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Seriously, this is for ladies only.

Considering dresses for formal night, etc and need a good strapless and / or backless bra.

Does anyone know of a good one that is strong and gives support and Lift! for a full C cup?

Thanks

mattmommy
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Is your dress strapless or with tiny straps? For tiny straps I suggest a bra that you can buy clear straps for. You can buy the straps at Victoria's secret. It came in a 3 pack. Clear, white and black so you could switch off. The plastic ones are only good for those "special occasions" or dinner. Not comfortable for the long haul around the parks.

Suzanne
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Personally I went to a specialty shop with my dress & splurged on a good custom fit strapless. We both know the strapless can make or break the look.

My suggestion go to one of your local lingerie shops downtown and treat yourself. The good thing is, it's a better treat then the dress because you will get a lot of use out of it. YOU DESERVE IT!

Seriously don't go to a mall shop or department store, they just aren't the same. A good store will measure you right away, before they even let you try anything on.

In the end I ended up very happy with my Chantelle.

jjupiter
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Nancy Ganz makes some nice products. I have seen them at Macys and on occasion at TJ Maxx or Marshalls

SueEllen
03-27-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure what size "c" you are, but Lane Bryant has a new one that looks like it will be great for formal wear. Here is a picture of the back of it:

http://i.charmingshoppes.com/is/image/LaneBryant/LBSR0018_B?

It's about $42 though.
Sue Ellen

Cindy B
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm glad you posted this..

Im fuller than a C and have wondered about this as well.
At this point I'm looking at double sticky tape!

I have two strapless bras that I have that may work. I need to try the bra on with the dress.

Vanvmom
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I've seen some great (though pricey) adhesive type ones (we were :rotfl: when the sales lady suggested them and brought out a pair to "try on." They seemed to come in all sizes. There are many styles of adhesive ones available if you google the topic.

Leia's Mom
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Adhesives didn't work too well for me (34 D -- too much info, I know). However, I found a miracle. IPEX. They make a strapless that is good enough for me to wear with the boat neck t-shirts.

Hanover
03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Adhesives didn't work too well for me (34 D -- too much info, I know). However, I found a miracle. IPEX. They make a strapless that is good enough for me to wear with the boat neck t-shirts.

Where can you find IPEX bras? I can't find ANY DD backless/stapless in my town. All my 36 DD bras have 1 or 2 inch wide straps that just won't hide under my formal gown straps. I'm having a very hard time finding anything other than those adhesive ones and they didn't look like they had much support.

SueEllen
03-27-2006, 07:57 PM
I had to laugh about the adhesive ones as well. I spent a pretty penny on one of these and it DID NOT work for me (as one who is on the fuller side top-wise.) I bought the darn thing and can't use it. Seems like this new one from Lane Bryant will work for me (I'm going to get one this coming weekend so if any of you ladies are interested in how it does feel free to email or PM me.)

Sue Ellen

GreenGirl8
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Is your dress strapless or with tiny straps? For tiny straps I suggest a bra that you can buy clear straps for. You can buy the straps at Victoria's secret. It came in a 3 pack. Clear, white and black so you could switch off. The plastic ones are only good for those "special occasions" or dinner. Not comfortable for the long haul around the parks.

I have a bra from victoria secret that has tons of different straps/back combinations. Here is the link to it. http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=UL-188104&page=1&cgname=OSBRPSTPZZZ&rfnbr=2784

If you click on the "see how to wear it" link it will show you many of the options.

I really like this bra because you can wear it strapless or just regular. So, I don't feel like they are one time bras. I ended up getting a couple and wear them on a regular basis, with halter tops, backless shirts, no straps..etc.

ImMarcik
03-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I have the Victoria Secrets bra too. I love it. The first strapless bra that actually stays up and holds everyhitng. :rotfl2: It comes with straps and clear straps too.

crisi
03-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm chesty (34D) and I love the adhesives, but I've never been able to find a strapless that works for me - I've probably owned six over the years. I really like first aid tape and that is what I usually go back to. Has the advantage of working and being cheap (though it isn't exactly sexy on romance at sea night).

Hanover
03-28-2006, 08:00 AM
I went ahead and purchased the one from Victoria's Secret last night. I am hoping it's a good fit. Seems like it will adjust to fit all my dress styles and still give me the support.