PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel Jeep Safari Excursion?

eeyoregon
03-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm going to assume that we are going to Cozumel on the April 22 Western. When I booked the Jeep Sarari Excursion I got a little freaked out when I read the fine print that says "guests share driving duties - standard shift transmission." :confused3

Uh, I have to drive?? Does standard shift = stick/manual shift?? Single Mom here - like to think I am adventurous however but I CAN NOT drive a stick shift! And don't want to drop $255 for a Jeep that I can't get out of park :rotfl2: So, if you have been on this excursion, please comment.

Thanks!!! :wave2:

jw2736
03-27-2006, 12:46 AM
We did this tour in july2004 and had a great time. If i remember right, they did have some automatic transmission jeeps, but not many. We had two couples in our jeep and we switched drivers (we went to the back seat) at the halfway point for the trip back to the port. The guy who was driving back (happened to be a DCL employee from the main office) was riding the clutch so much that it smelled like it was burning and the jeep quit working. The tour guides, one leads the group of 20 or so jeeps and the other lags behind, had to give us his jeep while he slowly made it back.
Another poster may have mort recent info on the jeeps. It was a great excursion and if e go on a western again, would certantly do this or the fury catamaran tours for sure.

MickeyD
03-27-2006, 09:11 AM
We have been on this excursion twice and both times my dh drove the whole time. Since you can only fit four in a jeep, and there are three of us, we never had to deal with someone else. That said, if it were just myself and ds, I would have insisted on someone else driving the whole time, as I can't drive a stick shift. :) Most people love to this and don't mind. They do expect you to drive though. It is a great excursion and we had the time of our lives the first time,, the second time was fun, but it had lost some of the majic the second time....that and our jeep was in better shape and we didn't have the "excitement" of wondering if it would make it or not! LOL

Lisa