PDA

View Full Version : Rebooking on board

SRUAlmn
03-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm sure the answer to this is on here somewhere, but the search feature wasn't working for me. If you want to re-book on board for a future cruise, how far in advance can you book for, and how much money to you have to put down to do so? Also, what is the discount? Thanks so much!!!

CACruisin'
03-26-2006, 07:11 PM
You can book any cruise that DCL has a published date & rate for.

The deposit depends on what category and what length cruise you are booking. For category 4-12, I think the deposit is $200/pp for 3/4 day, $250/pp for 7 day, and $500/pp for the summer 2007 med cruises. For the suites, the deposits are $500/pp for 7 day and $750 for the summer 2007 med cruises. The suite deposits are nonrefundable. You need to pay the deposit at the time when you rebook on board.

The discount can vary. Recently it has been 10% discount for a 7 day cruise +$200 stateroom credit on category 4-12. The discount does not usually apply to "special" itineraries. (I do believe it is applying to the summer 2007 med cruises however.) It also no longer applies to suites, I understand. However, I think in both cases you do still get a stateroom credit of some sort.

momrek06
03-26-2006, 07:26 PM
You can book any cruise that DCL has a published date & rate for.

The deposit depends on what category and what length cruise you are booking. For category 4-12, I think the deposit is $200/pp for 3/4 day, $250/pp for 7 day, and $500/pp for the summer 2007 med cruises. For the suites, the deposits are $500/pp for 7 day and $750 for the summer 2007 med cruises. The suite deposits are nonrefundable. You need to pay the deposit at the time when you rebook on board.

The discount can vary. Recently it has been 10% discount for a 7 day cruise +$200 stateroom credit on category 4-12. The discount does not usually apply to "special" itineraries. (I do believe it is applying to the summer 2007 med cruises however.) It also no longer applies to suites, I understand. However, I think in both cases you do still get a stateroom credit of some sort.

EXCELLENT AND THOROUGH INFO...I will add that DH & I just re-booked on the WONDER for a 7 day cruise :boat: for Feb 2007. We asked FIRST if we could cancel...YES...and I believe we have until Nov 2006 to cancel 100%!!! So we went ahead and booked and I did a "little" research when I got home..so far re-booking on DCL was the BEST price....HHmmmm!!!

I wanted to know cancellation info just IN CASE I found a better deal...but remember I have until Nov to find a better deal... :sail:

KrisannB
03-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Another Question on rebooking on board - can we reserve a cabin for just my husband and I for a cruise without the kids BUT if we change our mind after we have booked and want to take the kids can we add them on to the reservation (in our room) at a later date without loosing any perks from rebooking on the cruise?

momrek06
03-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Another Question on rebooking on board - can we reserve a cabin for just my husband and I for a cruise without the kids BUT if we change our mind after we have booked and want to take the kids can we add them on to the reservation (in our room) at a later date without loosing any perks from rebooking on the cruise?

I cannot answer that question but I notice you are going in April...I would certainly ask what the rates are for DH & YOU and then for the entire family. Also IF the entire family BOOKS and you decide LATER not to take the kids..find out if you will be refunded....?? As well as what the ADDITIONAL costs are if you end up ADDING them (if you had not when you re-booked)!

I also wanted to mention, we also requested and got our exact same cabin! So for anyone new to cruising and plan to re-book, you can IF IT IS AVAILABLE get your same cabin.

CACruisin'
03-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Certainly you can rebook for just yourself and your husband. The upside is that you would only have to pay deposit for 2 people at that point. However, there are SIGNIFICANT downsides. First, it is possible that DCL would put you in a cabin that only sleeps 3 (since you are booking for 2) and you would not be able to add two children. This can be avoided however, by requesting a specific stateroom that you KNOW sleeps 4. Second, as the ship fills up, DCL limits the number of children in specific age groups. If you wait too long, it is entirely possible that you would not be allowed to add one or more of your children because their particular age group is at capacity, even if your cabin could sleep 4. Finally, when you add people to your reservation it is at the prevailing rate that day, not whatever the rate was when you rebooked. Also, I do not know if you would get the 10% discount applied to the additional people?

If you can come up with the deposit, it is always better to go ahead and book for everyone at the time. If you decide not to take the kids, then the extra deposits just apply toward your final cruise payment. Also, deposits/payments are fully refundable for Cat 4-12 up until the time final payment is due.

Finally, if you wish to cruise at some future time that DCL has not released dates yet (2008 and beyond) you can go ahead and rebook for a "random" future date and then transfer your booking when the dates are released. Just make sure you pick a date far enough in the future so you are sure that the new dates will be released before your final payment is due. We rebooked onboard last summer for June 2006 with the intent of moving the booking to 2007. Well final payment for our June cruise was due 4/3 and DCL is not releasing summer 2007 until 4/4! :sad2: two weeks ago, I moved June 2006 booking to Thanksgiving 2007, and then on 4/4 I hope to move it to the May 2007 repo! Next time, if I am booking a "phantom" date, I will book the LAST date available. Sheesh! Lesson learned.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

SRUAlmn
03-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for all the great info and answers :) Especially about the 'phantom' date booking. What a great tip!!!

CACruisin'
03-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for all the great info and answers :) Especially about the 'phantom' date booking. What a great tip!!!

Your welcome. I have learned so much from these boards. I am glad I could "give some back" so to speak!

DVC Mary
03-27-2006, 01:20 AM
I had great luck booking onboard for the last possible date & then rebooking for the date I really wanted. We booked in June of '04 for Dec. '05 & then rebooked for June '06 on the 1st date the dates became available. I just kept reading the rumors on these boards of when the ressies would open & voila--thanks to all the awesome :thumbsup2 DIS members--I got my perfect cruise & exact room that I wanted. :banana: :banana:

Good luck! The only other suggestion is to check Costco prices. A friend of mine is going on the same cruise this June, but didn't book it until Aug '05 & got a good rate at Costco. My rate was still cheaper, but if putting that much money down so far in advance is a problem, Costco might be another option.

SRUAlmn
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
So here is another question. It would just be us 2 adults, so we would put down $500 for a 7 nighter, right? Then if we would book for say a year out, and then switch it when possible to another year out, would we get that entire 2 years to make payments for the remaining balance? Does that make sense?

Ex. If we re-book in say July of 2006 for July of 2007 and then in February of 2007 we switch the re-booked date to July of 2008 would we have from July 2006-July 2008 to pay the remaining balance?

CACruisin'
03-27-2006, 07:44 PM
After the deposit is made, with DCL it is not necessary to make payments. All that matters to them is that payment in full is made before the final payment date. Of course, that can be quite a chunk of change to come up with all at once! :rotfl2:

disney_imagineer
03-28-2006, 12:21 AM
by booking on a way future "phantom" date, you can wait until the new itineraries come out and rebook for the onboard-rebooking deal. by any chance, does DCL limit the number of times you can keep postponing and pushing your booking out further and further? or can you keep doing it until you finally decide to go? due to $$$ situation, hard to say when exactly we'll cruise again.

SRUAlmn
03-28-2006, 05:29 PM
by booking on a way future "phantom" date, you can wait until the new itineraries come out and rebook for the onboard-rebooking deal. by any chance, does DCL limit the number of times you can keep postponing and pushing your booking out further and further? or can you keep doing it until you finally decide to go? due to $$$ situation, hard to say when exactly we'll cruise again.

That's what I was wondering too. Then you could make payments gradually. I know you're not required to, but for us it's easier. The last time we went to WDW they would laugh when we called to pay because most people pay it all at once or break it up in 2 amounts, but we had about 8 times that we would call and pay $100 or $200 in little spurts to be able to afford to do it. Hey! It worked for us :)