PDA

View Full Version : UK cruiser on the Wonder i need some advice

marv
03-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi too you all ime not sure wether you will be able too answer my question, but we are leaving the uK in a weeks time for Florida and have booked are holiday with Virgin.
For the past 3 weeks i and the Travel agent have been trying too get my tickets and documents from Virgin..theywouldn't send them too me untill they had received the cruise documents.
On Friday after a battle with Virgin over the phone they said they were sending the plane tickets,accomodationandcar hire documents to the Travel agent special delivery, but the cruise documents would not be sent now as Disney do not send the cruise tickets out and i would have too pick them up from the pier (whats the peir??)

I have recieved all other documents and plane tickets now..butnothing from Disney...on are documents i have the cruise details listed and i have printed out are reservation detailsof the DCL web site which lists all state room numbers and party names and times of dinner seating.

Would anyone know if this is commonpractice for UK cruisers not too have their documents sent too the Uk prior to their cruise??

Thanks Marv :wave:

JeannieH
03-26-2006, 02:31 PM
With the "hit and miss" postal service between USA and UK, it is common practice for UK travellers to collect their cruise tickets, etc. on arrival at the Airport or the Cruise Terminal at Cape Canaveral. Providing you have confirmation e mails, etc., or have telephoned Disney to confirm your booking, your tickets will be waiting for you. Have a wonderful time! :thumbsup2

marv
03-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Well thats good too know.... we booked up with virgin over a year ago and if Virgin had explained that we wouldn't get them through the post we wouldn't have been expecting them and wouldn't have all the stress over the last couple of weeks...as Virgin have been telling us they were on the way.

Well i have all the proof that were on the ship just cant wait so looking forward too it :)

Marv :wave:

jdybnsn
03-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi Marv,
We did a Disney Cruise last month and although we booked through a US website, we had our cruise documents direct from DCL about 3 weeks before our cruise via UPS, (we were a bit concerned about getting docs.,as we were going to Orlando for 10 days before we sailed).

If you don't get them before you leave this really isn't a problem - you can download any forms you need to fill prior to embarkation,from the DCL website.
You will have a DCL reference and your passports so you should have no problems getting aboard. There is a special check in desk for non US citizens at the the terminal (my advice is to get there early......just after 10.00am if you can to avoid any queues).

You should also bring a credit card for your on ship & Castaway Cay purchases (you can't use cash on board) and a drivers licence photo ID for all adults, if you have them (to be able to disembark the ship in the ports)...if any adults don't have one, be sure to ask them to photocopy their passport in the terminal (they are happy to do so) instead , as your passports will be retained by DCL.

Any other queries then PM me

.....you will have a great time :yay: ...enjoy :wave2:

Judy

mandymouse
03-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey marv

We have taken 3 cruises, one booked through Virgin and two booked direct with DCL and on all occasions we received our documents about 3 or 4 weeks before our cruise. The documents are usually sent via UPS as I think they have to be signed for. I would ring DCL if I were you to let them know that you haven't received your documents - maybe they could arrange to send them to where you are staying or for pick up at the terminal

marv
03-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey marv

We have taken 3 cruises, one booked through Virgin and two booked direct with DCL and on all occasions we received our documents about 3 or 4 weeks before our cruise. The documents are usually sent via UPS as I think they have to be signed for. I would ring DCL if I were you to let them know that you haven't received your documents - maybe they could arrange to send them to where you are staying or for pick up at the terminal

Hi mandy Mouse

I think whats gone wrong here Virgin havn't done what they were supposed to do...and now they have left it too late for documents too be sent to get to me on time...i know ime on the ship as ime on the DCL cruise web site as Judy mentioned that i can get forms i need from there...so i will do this too make it checking in more smoothly. I went on line from Febuary and booked in the kids too the Oceaner's lab and bikes for castaway cay but didn't get the forms because i was expecting too get these with my tickets.
Virgin have had payment in full since December and only issued tickets to me on March 25th, but plane tickets were dated the 20th Feb so they have had enough time too get all cruise documents from Disney.
Its like going blind it's a good job that i have been able too get on-line and get all the info i need about the cruise and help from the Forums...if i hadn't i would be clueless with out any documents.

The TA and myself are putting in a complaint to virgin i just hope the villa's ok and we dont get any problems with that.

Thanks for all your help

MrsJobba1
03-27-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi,

I have done 3 disney cruises and each time recieved tickets about 2-3 weeks before we went via Ups (i think).

We booked them using our DVC points.

marv
03-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Ime gonna print this off and send this with my complaint if one uk cruiser gets there tickets well before they travel then i should have

Keith Ward
03-27-2006, 08:19 AM
We too have done 2 Disney cruises and on both occasions the tickets etc. for the cruise came to our home in the UK direct from DCL about 3 weeks prior to the cruise.

Keith.

jdybnsn
03-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Marv

I'm pretty sure your docs should come direct from DCL .....I think you should contact DCL about the delay, rather than Virgin.

When are you sailing ?

Hope you get this sorted soon......nothing worse than having to chase docuements before your holiday.

Have a good holiday :banana:

marv
03-27-2006, 09:56 AM
I have a letter from virgin with ll the details on it..i also have booking documents from the DCL that i printed of line so ime not too worried that i havn't had any thing now as i have the proof that ime on and its been paid for.
Just a shame that we have to have all of this before we go we fly 3rd April and cruise 23rd April

Marv

Andrew DEREK UK
03-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Been on many Virgin holidays and usually they are very good indeed, the normal documents come out fast. For my first Virgin holiday including DCL, the documents came a bit close to the leaving date, a note said it was due to the cruise docs.

Since then I have booked the DCL bit through dreams and the documents come fast, in fact I asked Dreams to make sure DCL knew I was flying out well before the cruise and they turned up in good time.

As said before you can download most forms through the website now and if you have your reference collect the documents at Port Canaveral.

jdybnsn
03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
From the dates you have stated I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your docs. don't turn up this week.

The problem is that DCL don't issue the docs. any sooner than 3-4 weeks before the sail date ..I suppose this is to accommodate last minute bookings and particularly any upgrades they are applying, or that get requested.
Unfortunately you are flyng out just at the three weeks mark, so this was always going to be tight anyhow.

Fingers crossed for you pixiedust:

Wish I was going too :wave:

marv
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Virgin have contacted dCL and they have assured Virgin that that all documents will waiting at the pier for me too sign and have apologised that they have not arrived in time for my departure.

All seems well ime not going to worry about it now i have enough documents to prove ime booked and paid for so ime just going to enjoy the holiday now.