PDA

View Full Version : Just booked! Deck 7 aft cabin questions

ceopamom3
03-26-2006, 01:26 PM
We are very excited to have just booked our first Disney Cruise - western itinerary next January... We have cabins 7126 and 7127... I have three kiddos, 11 yo DD, almost 10 yo DS and an 8 yo DS. We plan on having them share the inside cabin across the hall from DH and I in our Cat. 7....

Does anyone know how the bedding can be arranged in the Cat 11 - 7127? The kids do not want to share a bed... I hate to spend all this money on the cruise and have one on the floor!!!

Thanks for your help!! I hope aft Deck 7 is a good spot... I did alot of reading on these boards before I chose this spot!!

We are all very excited about our first cruise!!! :cheer2:

Buzz & Woody
03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you get adjoining rooms? I would personally feel safer knowing that I could leave a door open between the rooms. As for sleeping, the bed can be a queen or 2 twins and then the couch folds out to a bed and there is alsoa pull down bed from the wall so a Cat 11 can actually sleep 4 people

ceopamom3
03-26-2006, 03:06 PM
for the inside cabin info.. We decided to book the cabins configured the way we did for a number of reasons - with availability of connecting cabins in our price range and in our available travel time being the most limiting factor. The kids will only be in the cabin to sleep, and my DH and I will split up if we are not comfortable with the arrangements when we get on board.

mommasita
03-26-2006, 03:50 PM
I think these are cabins to sleep 3 right? Having said that, you can request that the queen bed be split into 2 twins....Just ask your room steward, that way you can have those 2 beds, and the pull out couch for a 3rd.. IF not then the room sleeps 4, you can still request the queen bed into 2 twins, and you will have the drop down berth above the couch to make 4..

Wow, I hope this makes sense..lol :confused3

musicgirl
03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Oh you are in my FAVORITE room. 7127!!! Our 4th time is coming up in 90 days!!!!

However, there is not a pull down bed. There is only the couch bed, and then as mentioned, they will separate the bed.

Fire14
03-28-2006, 03:47 PM
7126 is a very nice cabin imo. dh and i had it in nov 2005.

dwkwootton
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
A problem with your idea is that its not allowed! There must be an adult in each room.

ceopamom3
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
for all the cabin info!

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 04:37 PM
We just booked a cat 11 deck 7 aft. There was actually a SPH room available for another $600. DH decided no. If he can't have his own balcony, he would rather be close to the deck 7 balcony. :rotfl2: and $600 will buy some good spa time!

A problem with your idea is that its not allowed! There must be an adult in each room.

Yes, there needs to be an adult "booked" into each room, but once onboard, DCL does not care what the sleeping arrangements are and will issue new room keys, as needed.

musicgirl
03-28-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm sure if the op has booked, they probably have 1 adult in each room, but are planning on the new sleeping situation. DCL only requires this on paper. How would they know who sleeps where?

dwkwootton
03-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I bet DCL requires this and not just on paper. I don't think they would go for three young children alone in a room. I'm not sure why anyone would choose to do this but I guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

vassello
03-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I believe how the OP decides where the people in their family decides to sleep is up to her. She paid her adult fare for each room so DCL should be satisfied. I know of other people who purchase a room solely for their children and don't see the problem. It would be your choice if you choose not to allow the children to sleep in a room alone. Have a great time ceopamom3 and let us know how it works for you! :)

ivanova
03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I bet DCL requires this and not just on paper. I don't think they would go for three young children alone in a room. I'm not sure why anyone would choose to do this but I guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.
Logistically there is noway for DCL to enforce or monitor this, short of putting cameras in each stateroom or having the stateroom hosts do a "lights out" to verify there's an adult in every room.

ibouncetoo
03-28-2006, 11:47 PM
I've stayed 'next-door' in the Cat 11, 7125...loved it and the location. You'll be very happy ::yes::

dwkwootton
03-29-2006, 05:27 AM
I believe how the OP decides where the people in their family decides to sleep is up to her

No its not, but it is her decision whether or not to comply with the rules. And as the next poster said, she probably won't get caught. No matter to me. If the policy bothers you, take it up with DCL.

ceopamom3
03-29-2006, 03:30 PM
to all on the cabin advice ... However, I will not post on this board again... I was excited about booking the trip before I posted this question, now I have been made to feel like a rule-breaking neglective parent ....

CACruisin'
03-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Please do not let the opinion of a single poster keep you from this board.

There is such a wealth of knowledge to be gained here and the Cruise Meet threads are a wonderful way to get to know your fellow cruisers and share information also. I hope you reconsider.

musicgirl
03-29-2006, 04:12 PM
ceopamom3-I agree with CaCrusin', just ignore that. Your decision is based on how you feel your children will do and you also stated that if they are uncomfortable, one of the adults will go over.

I think it's a great idea!!! Please read the threads on this board and you will learn soooo much!!! Join the cruise meet board and meet some people who are on your cruise and you will have a lot of fun!!!

pigget74
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
We are planning on doing the same thing. My kids will be 12, 9 and 18mths when we go. Our rooms are side by side. My husband and I will keep the 18mth old with us and the other two will have their own room. If we see this as a problem we will switch things around. Have fun and please keep asking questions.