PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus on G.Cayman/Parasailing in C.Cay

njmomboys2
03-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi there...any reviews on the Nautilus on G.Cayman? Should we book direct with them or through Disney? Any difference? Worth the cost? Good for adults and kids (ages 11 & 6).

Do you need to book parasailing in advance for C.Cay? Thanks!!!

njmomboys2
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
bump...anyone? THanks

njmomboys2
03-27-2006, 12:02 PM
looking for any feedback....

repeatcruiser
03-27-2006, 04:28 PM
We did the semi-submursible on Grand Cayman (NOT the submarine) - I think this was called the Nautilus - if so, this was really cool - our kids (7 and 10) loved it. Saw several ship wrecks and a lot of sea life very clearly - someone from the ship dives in and feeds the fish too.

Much better than "glass bottom boat" tours we have been on before - you really feel like you are deep under water, when in fact you are only about 5 feet below the surface.

Boat was very comfortable, clean and appeared to be well maintained. You sit on padded benches and look out fairly large windows that are at eye level (even for kids). The picture on the DCL website is accurate. Not cheap (I think it was about $30 to $40 per person), but we all enjoyed it.

LuvEeyore
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
You do need to book parasailing at CC in advance. It is worth it. Take a waterproof camera with you so that you can take pictures while in the air.

bbmom
04-03-2006, 01:09 AM
We did the nautilus on Grand Cayman (Christmas 2003) - DS's (age 6 & 8 at the time) and DH really enjoyed it. I'm a bit clostrophic :crazy: ; so needless to say I was way ready to get out. 3/4 positives is a pretty good rating.