PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast ideas if you don't like eggs

cwnhokie
03-26-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm trying to improve my eating and would like to start it with a good breakfast, but I just don't like eggs. Does anyone have any other ideas for something that is good for you and will keep you satisfied for a while. Thanks!

ucfsweetie82
03-26-2006, 03:12 PM
here is what I have for breakfast in the morning.
Mix 1 cup of yogurt(Low fat Low Carb[Dannon Light n fit is good]) with 1/4 cup of berries, and 2 tablespoons of granola.
Also I see you don't like eggs, but they have turkey sausage and turkey bacon(which I love) you may want to try.
Congrats on choosing to eat healthy and good luck.

SetzKitten
03-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Not sure what diet you're on. I eat the same thing every day for breakfast and I can go until 12:30 or 1:00 without eating anything else. It's 1 piece of sprout bread with organic peanut butter, 10 baby carrots and 1 celery stalk with peanut butter.

njcarita
03-27-2006, 10:05 AM
I really don't like breakfast food.

For me its usually a small portion of left overs from dinner

or humus/ veggies on a toasted pita

or a light yogart smoothie.

TKERBELL
03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Here is an idea for you

If you like peanut butter, toast a whole grain English Muffin (Thomas' Honey Wheat is YummY!!!), spread 3 teaspoons of peanut butter and slice a banana then eat it like a sandwich you have covered what you need to get a good start on the day - Protein (Peanut Butter), Whole Grains (English Muffin) and Fruit (Banana) - then wash it down with either FF Milk (if you like it) or a Lite 'n Fit Yogurt Smoothie -

Before I started NS this was my favorite breakfast and kept me satiated 'til lunch.

Another option is Oatmeal (not instant) with Splenda Brown Sugar and raisins (or dried cranberries or dried apples) with the yogurt smoothie -

Good Luck BTW - how is the Pilates going?????

Kae
03-27-2006, 03:04 PM
A smoothie-I do 6-8 oz FF plain yogurt, 1 banana & a handfull of frozen fruit, one pk spenda or some SF Vanila syrup. And some FF milk.

Or an apple & string cheese.

Kae

VistaLeigh'smommy
03-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I like to eat a piece of fruit and a carnation instant breakfast with 2 percent milk. It really fills me up!

uncgsweetz16
03-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Try Vita Muffins. They are 1 pt. on Weight Watchers and very filling. They have 6 grams of fiber and great. I eat the double chocolate chip every morning during the work week. They come 4 to a box and have a website where I order them. They are usually 4 or 5 dollars a box but they taste great and are very filling. I have been eating them for about 2 years and 2 other women in my office started eating them too! Good luck! :thumbsup2

Chropistopy
03-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Weight Watchers makes good bagels....they're 2 pts. I usually have a bagel with reduced fat peanut butter (2 pts) and some sugar free jam (0 pts) every morning. If I'm planning on running that morning, then I'll also have a banana. The bagels have alot of fiber so they're very filling.

nelle
03-28-2006, 03:55 PM
For breakfast I have 1/2C of old fashioned oatmeal with 1 tbsp of splenda.
It's very filling I'm rarely hungry before lunch if I have oatmeal.
good luck!