PDA

View Full Version : conch trolley-reviews/book ahead? key West

njmomboys2
03-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi there....looking for reviews on the conch trolley tours? It seems it is better not to book through Disney as if you do you can't get on and off the trolley..is this true? How long is the tour? Can you sign up once you arrive in Key West? Good for adults and children (ages 11 & 6)..thanks

Yankee914
03-26-2006, 02:07 PM
This was fun -- no need to book ahead. You can just walk off the ship and they are right in town. I think they have a website with info. If you book through Disney, you are obligated to go, this way you can change your mind that day if you want -- and it is the same tour as Disney's excursion.

floridaminnie
03-26-2006, 03:05 PM
We went and it was very knowledgeable and fun. There is a slight difference between the Disney Excursion and doing it on your own. Disney per say "rents" the trolly so you stay on it the whole time. If you do it on your own, you can get on and off at the stops.

snelsonbrown
03-26-2006, 03:47 PM
The Magic docks right there at Mallory Square - you get off the ship and ANYTHING OR ANYWHERE you want to go is RIGHT THERE - the Key West Trolly, the conch train, cabs, bikes, scooters etc - Key West is only a 2 X 4 island and almost all the tourist stuff is within walking distance - Go the good way - on your own.
Always
Shirley
the ol' conch

TexasGirl
03-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Just a note cause we were in Key West two weeks ago and did this...

There are two options that are same price. The Conch Train and the Old Town Trolley. The conch train does a smaller section of the area and you can't get off. The trolley does the whole area and you can get off at several different spots and do your own thing and reboard.

I've done both and would def not recommend the Conch Train. I like the flexibility of being able to board and unboard and 'do your own thing.'

Esp if you have young children with you. They get very squirmy stuck in a seat for an hour and a half while a narrator drones on about the architecture.

I'm sure there are those that love the conch train though...everyone is different. However we would not do it over again if we could go back in time.

FYI. Do buy the tickets directly from the operator..not from Disney.

abitjaded
03-27-2006, 11:23 AM
We took the Trolley in Key West. Couldn't have been easier. Bought our tickets right there using a coupon found online at their site. We jumped on and off and toured what we wanted. The different drivers have different takes on the same streets. Very easy to do on your own.

Carla

carole88
03-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately we had a very bad experience with the trolley and not booking through Disney. We got off and had the hardest time getting back on. We waited over an hour and a half for a trolley to stop and pick us up. At least 5 trolleys that were not full passed us by. I can't tell you how hard and upsetting that was. The reason we were given was because the other trolleys were "rented" out by cruise lines. When we inquired at the place we bought the tickets we were met with a rude man who basically told us "tough luck". Since we hadn't booked the excursion through Disney we had no recourse. So, be forwarned, if there is a problem you're on your own. I would never do this again.