PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a carseat?

BusymomX3
03-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Do I need to take a carseat with me? I don't want to take one on the flight with me! I have an 18 month old! I am not sure if I will be needing it anyware else, like on the way from our hotel to the port? Any suggestions out there?

TIA!

DutchsMommy
03-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Not sure how you are getting around once you are in Orlando. If you have a rental car you can rent a carseat with it. Towncar services also have carseats. I think the booster is free but you might have to pay for the carseat as I don't think your child is old enough for a booster. When we went with DS the first time we used a car seat from the towncar service. What I didn't like is that it was installed while we were at the airport and I wasn't comfortable that it was in tight enough. This is not an issue with a booster as you just use the regular car seatbelts, but if you are still using the 5 point harness then you might want to consider bringing your own and making sure you are satisfied with the way it is installed. Good luck - it does get easier when they get a bit older and don't need so much 'stuff' :goodvibes .