PDA

View Full Version : Verandah in August

jd99
03-26-2006, 12:35 PM
We are on August 12 Western cruise. Currently booked in Oceanview but really want to upgrade to a verandah cabin. Have two little people with us - one is going to be just under 3 when we cruise and probably still taking naps..so having the Verandah will be nice for those times we are in the cabin for naps. But what I need to know is will I actually be able to use the verandah in August...or will it be TOOOOO hot?

professorandmom
03-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I have criused in July (which I think is statistically hotter) and I wondered the same thing. Well, when the ship is moving, it isn't hot at all since the water cools the air and the air is moving. In port, there were some times where it was pretty warm out there. BUT I still enjoyed reading my book outside and would go inside to cool off I got too warm. One thing I have learned about the boards is that you will hear lots of differing opinions! But, for me, the verandah was not too hot and well worth it. (Watching the fireworks on the verandah with the kids was truly a highlight!)
All that said, we have a SPH room booked for a 7 day this July because that keeps the trip affordable.
Have a fantastic trip!
Barb

Yankee914
03-26-2006, 12:58 PM
We cruised in August. We had a Category 8 oceanview and our friends had the category 6 balcony cabin. They did use the cabin but not too much. It was very humid and not very pleasant to sit out there -- besides we all weren't in the room much. Their cabin was about $1,000 more than mine -- so with that savings I spent more on excursions and pictures! The next time we cruised, our friends opted to get the Cat 8 like us and were not disappointed.

clovely
03-26-2006, 01:36 PM
When you're in port it might be hot out there. But we just got off the Wonder today and it was COLD out there at night with the ship moving. We were thinking it would've been perfect in July or August.

disneycruise05
03-26-2006, 03:13 PM
My friends and I had a cat. 6 last July on the Wonder. We rarely used it during the day, since we were either in Port on elsewhere on the ship. However, a friend and I used the verandah every night when we ordered room service. The temperature was just right to relax and the view was beautiful...clear skies and tons of stars to look at. Have a great trip!

SeaSpray
03-26-2006, 03:27 PM
We cruised on the Magic on August 28th, 2004, and were so glad we had booked a verandah cabin. We used it a lot, and didn't feel it was too hot to spend time out there. We're booked in the same cabin for our August 19, 2006 cruise, too :sunny: