PDA

View Full Version : They're all dumps. Now let's get on with our lives.

iankh
03-26-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm going to settle this once and for all. They are all dumps and verge on mousekeslums.

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

Any future resport built. Double-dump.

Now that that's settled, let's just all move on.

Author's Additional edit - Hmmmm. Since some people may not realize that I am being sarcatic and witty. I have added beginning and end tags to my above posting to clearly demark where the funny begins and ends.

twotoohappy
03-26-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm going to settle this once and for all. They are all dumps and verge on mousekeslums.

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

The Shanking Pickle
03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
None are dumps or even close to being dumps. Each has it's own attributes. Some feature pools, some feature locations, some feature low pts to use and larger rooms, some feature how close they are to parks, some feature the length of the contract. DVC has something for everyone.

CapeCodFam
03-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Yay! Life is good. Let's move on. I started this thread to also try and break up the bad Karma... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1066804

:thumbsup2

Cinderpals
03-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Some people really believe this, but we don't want them at WDW anyway!!

browniemtb
03-26-2006, 11:35 AM

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

[/color]

I agree...so nobody else buy in..... :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jen D
03-26-2006, 12:20 PM
I agree, they're all pretty rotten!! :rotfl2:

TAKitty
03-26-2006, 12:48 PM
[witty_remark]

THANK-YOU :rotfl2: . For awhile I feel like people forgot that we are all part of DVC, not a specific resort! :teeth:

Dean
03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
But your resort is more rotten than my resort.

jarestel
03-26-2006, 01:21 PM

Hey, those are fightin' words! :)

Dean
03-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Hey, those are fightin' words! :)Super Soakers at 12 MN Saturday night on OKW grounds. No reason for you to take a potty break prior because I'm a good shot and I'll make it look like you were in Billy Madison anyway. LOL.

jarestel
03-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Super Soakers at 12 MN Saturday night on OKW grounds. No reason for you to take a potty break prior because I'm a good shot and I'll make it look like you were in Billy Madison anyway. LOL.

:rotfl2:

crisi
03-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Here is what I don't get....why does anyone care what anyone else thinks of a resort? I can see people trying to decide on which resort to purchase soliticing opinions. But if you like your home, what should you care what I (or anyone else) thinks of it.

Our home is BWV. So the clown slide spooks some people out - I don't care, doesn't spook me or my family out. So some people think the resort is too active - so what, hasn't really bothered us. So some people think the hallways are too long - we've never minded them. So some people think the dues are too high - it isn't a burden to us. So some people think the transportation is bad - we hop the occation cab and are happy with that solution. I agree that it would be nice to have interior access to the restaurants, but we haven't been rained on yet on our way to dinner - maybe our luck will hold and maybe I'll finally use that umbrella I drag with me every time I go to WDW.

If you are happy with the resort you choose to stay at - what difference does it make what someone else's opinion is. We all don't like the same things - makes the world a far more interesting place.

Doug7856
03-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Here is what I don't get....why does anyone care what anyone else thinks of a resort? I can see people trying to decide on which resort to purchase soliticing opinions. But if you like your home, what should you care what I (or anyone else) thinks of it.

Our home is BWV. So the clown slide spooks some people out - I don't care, doesn't spook me or my family out. So some people think the resort is too active - so what, hasn't really bothered us. So some people think the hallways are too long - we've never minded them. So some people think the dues are too high - it isn't a burden to us. So some people think the transportation is bad - we hop the occation cab and are happy with that solution. I agree that it would be nice to have interior access to the restaurants, but we haven't been rained on yet on our way to dinner - maybe our luck will hold and maybe I'll finally use that umbrella I drag with me every time I go to WDW.

If you are happy with the resort you choose to stay at - what difference does it make what someone else's opinion is. We all don't like the same things - makes the world a far more interesting place.

AMEN!

sajetto
03-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Here Here :drinking1

paults
03-26-2006, 05:39 PM
na, nana na na your dumps dumper then my dump :rotfl2:

OH guess where we're going this MAY

TO THE DUMP, TO THE DUMP, TO THE DUMP DUMP DUMP :lmao: :lmao:

I hope this thread takes some of the edge off :banana:

SueOKW
03-26-2006, 06:00 PM
:thumbsup2 at least that might get the Boat Drink song out of my head...

I have spring fever something awful here in cold, snowy ohio!

DrTomorrow
03-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I guess iankh really had to take a dump.... :rotfl2:

sajetto
03-26-2006, 07:10 PM

OMG :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

iankh
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM

I can't believe that you would speak to me in this manner. I know the truth hurts. But a dump, is dump, is a dump (didn't Shakespere have something to say along those lines?)

CarolA
03-26-2006, 08:22 PM

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

Author's Additional edit - Hmmmm. Since some people may not realize that I am being sarcatic and witty. I have added beginning and end tags to my above posting to clearly demark where the funny begins and ends.

Can we nomiate this for a sticky! (I LOVE this post and I love my dumps!)

By the way, you forgot HH and VB. I am sure they are also dumps!

RoyalCanadian
03-26-2006, 08:42 PM

Dean! Watch your mouth -- people might become interested in staying at your resort. My resort is much more rotten than your resort. There is nothing at SSR that would interest anybody -- no reason for anyone to even want to stay there. iankh was right -- SSR is definitely a dump. Folks, consider BCV, VWL, BWV and OKW before you even think about SSR. Heck -- there's a lovely Red Roof Inn at the corner of 535 and 192 -- much nicer than SSR.

I'm sure Daitcher would agree with that one.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to stay at SSR. Just leave me alone to hang out in the dumpiest dump.

Muushka
03-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Finally. A thread that makes sense. Thank you!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

:cool1: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :confused3 :lmao: :teeth: :banana: :Pinkbounc :love: :cheer2: :moped: :woohoo: :wave: :badpc: :stir: :yay: :rolleyes1 :wave2: :surfweb: :bounce: :hippie:

Can't forget the bouncies

iankh
03-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Dean! Watch your mouth -- people might become interested in staying at your resort. My resort is much more rotten than your resort. There is nothing at SSR that would interest anybody -- no reason for anyone to even want to stay there. iankh was right -- SSR is definitely a dump. Folks, consider BCV, VWL, BWV and OKW before you even think about SSR. Heck -- there's a lovely Red Roof Inn at the corner of 535 and 192 -- much nicer than SSR.

I'm sure Daitcher would agree with that one.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to stay at SSR. Just leave me alone to hang out in the dumpiest dump.

Puh-leaze! I am sure that anything, even a used refrigerator packing carton would be better that the gaggle of hovels we, the unfortunate, are forced to choose from! A ditch by the side of the road would be palatial, not to mention luxurious by comparison, to these mouse-manufacturered squatters flats.

So, let's get real people.

mlill
03-27-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah... we stay at the Boardwalk - what a dump! Can you believe you actually have to WALK to Epcot or MGM - I mean, WHAT was DVC thinking!?! And really, there's ONLY about a dozen nice restaurants in the area! We really got the shaft! Anyone wanna sell their points??? :teeth:

MdmMim
03-27-2006, 08:42 AM
:rotfl2: I just spit my coffee out when I read this!! Thanks for a good laugh, Iankh! We needed one around here!! :lmao:

lillasmom
03-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for making my morning....I would love to be in a dump right now!

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :lmao: :wave: :yay: :bounce: :banana:

patsal
03-27-2006, 09:54 AM
LOL Exactly! :lmao: :lmao:

LIFERBABE
03-27-2006, 01:50 PM
I have 4 dumps! :rotfl2: OP, you know you are dating yourself! I havent heard that term used in years! LOL!!

My Dumps? Isnt that a Black-Eyed Pea Song? :lmao:

My Dumps, my lovely lady Dumps, in the back and in the front!! :rotfl2:

My Dump is bigger than your Dump!

popsmensahbonsu
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
DUMPS is right! Please someone start a threadabout how dumpy BCV are!!! :thumbsup2 Some hit a home run with the ideas. Who cares who likes what, as long as you like it, who cares? It is your "home" not there home. This brings to mind something I just ranted about on another thread. Why all the people defending SSR? Who cares who likes it? Call my home a dump all you want, not gonna stop me from booking it. Have to wonder who these SSR defenders are and what there motive is? Keep the place to themselves? Sell them maybe? Thanks for telling it liike it is, they really are dumps especially the BCV. They become an even bigger dump 7 months before you want to stay. :lmao:

sajetto
03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
My Dumps, my lovely lady Dumps, in the back and in the front!!

.........DVC's got me spendin'...oh spending all my money, on dem dumps, oh yeah..oh yeah ;)

my dump rocks your dump outta the water! :lmao:

JoeEpcotRocks
03-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Please note to any potential renters:

We are just kidding and don't expect any more of this $10 or less per point nonsense. :teeth:

magsmom
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Read this regarding OKW...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?referrerid=&t=862818

:lmao: :lmao:

1000th happy haunt
03-27-2006, 06:48 PM
When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.

When DVC hands you a dump, ask for a dumpster view.

I'll be at the dump in 37 days :bounce:

Dennyha
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Why is it that a thread that calls all of the DVC resorts "a dump" is probably the most encouraging thread I've seen here in a while. :banana:

Again, all whiners are banished to a night at the Masters Inn. :rotfl2:

LIFERBABE
03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
.........DVC's got me spendin'...oh spending all my money, on dem dumps, oh yeah..oh yeah ;)

my dump rocks your dump outta the water! :lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Ok Sajetto! I wanna party with you!! :rotfl2:

No more drama, you dont want no drama, dont touch my Dumps! :lmao:

rparmfamily
03-27-2006, 08:15 PM
LOL, too funny!!!

sajetto
03-27-2006, 08:30 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Ok Sajetto! I wanna party with you!! :rotfl2:

No more drama, you dont want no drama, dont touch my Dumps! :lmao:

Sure...man you've got a lot of dumps...which one would we party at? I'm at the major dump over the river and through the woods from your oldest dump, but ya know PI is just across the way. We could get on with one major ho down over there....yeeeee haw! If we can't get down with a trailer jig we could just waltz over to BET with our version of the Black Eyed Peas.....just lemme know ;)

LIFERBABE
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade.

When DVC hands you a dump, ask for a dumpster view.

I'll be at the dump in 37 days :bounce:

Or..........

When DVC hands you a dump, go dumpster diving! Dont forget your wetsuit! :rotfl2:

Sajetto, I will see you at BET!! Its a big party, so we need to stay at the biggest pimpin Dump on WDW!

Maybe MTV will "Pimp our Dump" and then we will be stylin!

party: Watch Out y'all, the Dump sisters are getting our groove on!!!!

sajetto
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Dump Sista!

When I met you a BET I'll be wearin' a purple halter, my pink belly ring, some gold hoop earrings, and my black mini with my knee length black leather boots. I'll make sure to get a glow necklace so I'll be easy to see, sometimes my belly ring doesn't light up when it should.

'Pimp my Dump" Whose the host of that show? I'm wantn' me some strobes, tricked out subs, and a dope fold out sofa that you can put quarters in for a massage. SSR's first though so ya'll just better wait yur turn!

LIFERBABE
03-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey Dump Sista!

When I met you a BET I'll be wearin' a purple halter, my pink belly ring, some gold hoop earrings, and my black mini with my knee length black leather boots. I'll make sure to get a glow necklace so I'll be easy to see, sometimes my belly ring doesn't light up when it should.

'Pimp my Dump" Whose the host of that show? I'm wantn' me some strobes, tricked out subs, and a dope fold out sofa that you can put quarters in for a massage. SSR's first though so ya'll just better wait yur turn!

4 Real! I have that same outfit, but my belly ring is platinum to match my grille :teeth: Dump Sistas in the hizzy fer shizzy!! Heyyyyy!

You are crazy!! But you may be on to something!! That massage sofa could be just the little sumthing, sumthing our Dump needs to put it on the map!

They'll be lining up at 7 months for a 25 cent SSR rubdown! Sand bottom my foot! Who's the Dump now? :woohoo:

sajetto
03-27-2006, 09:38 PM
"Lemme see yer grill.....lemme see ya what!" :rotfl2:

For real girl, that sofa would be da bomb. That's what would make SSR the doublewide in a park full of singles. That and some corona neon lights.

I wanted to go for the platinum grill, but my baby's daddy said we needed to do gold so we could buy the rims for his caddy.

Can't wait to see ya there....dump sistas in the house!

SleepyatDVC
03-29-2006, 12:10 AM

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

HEY!!! On behalf of all the future DVC members who will be buying into any future resorts built, why are the future built resorts a Double-dump?!?!?! :furious:

Why are all the older more established DVC resorts only a single dump. Stop making future built DVC resort owners feel like the unwanted step children of DVC.

"Your dump is my dump, my dump is your dump,.....these dumps were made for you and me..." :grouphug:

iankh
03-29-2006, 06:02 AM
HEY!!! On behalf of all the future DVC members who will be buying into any future resorts built, why are the future built resorts a Double-dump?!?!?! :furious:

Why are all the older more established DVC resorts only a single dump. Stop making future built DVC resort owners feel like the unwanted step children of DVC.

"Your dump is my dump, my dump is your dump,.....these dumps were made for you and me..." :grouphug:

I know, the truth hurts, but it is just progress. It's nobody's fault. It's just the way things are.

DVC - Dump
DVC II - Dump-squared
DVC III - Dump-cubed

SleepyatDVC
03-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Read this regarding OKW...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?referrerid=&t=862818

:lmao: :lmao:

ooooooh... I love that thread! Thanks for the memories!

SaratogaShan
03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Well,

I am OUTRAGED that even though I called at the 11 month mark at my HOME resort of SSR (the mother of all dumps), I could not secure a dumpster view. In fact they tell me that there IS NO DUMPSTER VIEW! What is wrong with DVC development? Why can't we have the same amenities that the OTHER DVC resorts have? Why should VWL owners have all the fun? Crap, at least the BCV owners can get a view af the sewage canal with the resident alligator?

Update:

After many calls to MS and DVC development they have responded to my concerns! From here on out, the point structure will be rearranged to reflect a new view category:

Starting July 2006 there will be a port-a-potty view available in the Paddocks! :cheer2: Of course....this will cost you point wise, and if you are smart you best be on the phone at the 11 month window to book. (MS recommends day by day) :teeth:

LIFERBABE
03-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Shan, thank you for taking up our cause. All Dumps should be created equal!!

My homegirl Saje and I would like to make you an honorary Dump Sista!

Here is your purple halter, gold teeth starter kit, and and neon belly ring.

We will see you at BET!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

twister
03-29-2006, 11:44 AM
What is BET?

LIFERBABE
03-29-2006, 11:53 AM
What is BET?

BET Soundstage is the Dump Sista hangout! It's in Downtown Disney and within walking distance from our Dump!

You know we can't walk too far in our thigh high stiletto's! :rotfl2:

They won't let you in without the right gear though, so if you need to borrow a purple halter, I'll hook you up! :rotfl:

sajetto
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Shan, thank you for taking up our cause. All Dumps should be created equal!!

My homegirl Saje and I would like to make you an honorary Dump Sista!

Here is your purple halter, gold teeth starter kit, and and neon belly ring.

We will see you at BET!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Heck yeah! Now we've got a dump sista trio! Don't worry about the gold starter kit...eventually you can upgrade to platinum. Like I said I ain't gotten there yet b/c we had to buy some spinning rims for the caddy. But once we've got that paid for and the child support for my baby's daddy's other kids I'm all there!

We are gonna be the flyest sista's in the house! :thumbsup2

SaratogaShan
03-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks gals!

I feel so honored! I don't know about the gold teeth....too rich for SSR aka the "offsite" dump, but I am diggin' that purple halter top! :thumbsup2

iankh
03-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Now now, everyone stop fussing. There's plenty of dumps to go around for everyone.

Chris and Pooh
03-30-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm really happy now, I can honestly say SSR is home from home .
I live in a dump and holiday in one, nothing could be better!!;)

DVC Sadie
03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks to the OP for a well deserved laugh! Special thanks also to the poster who posted the OKW thread. Very enjoyable reading. :rotfl2:

All I can say is Hanname to everyone, including you, yes you! :teeth:

Muushka
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Yes!! Hanname to everyone!!! :sunny:

JustEngagedNicole
03-30-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has made my day! :) I am a new DVCer (BWV) and will be staying for the first time for my honeymoon. Keep fighting the good fight guys; hopefully you'll scare some people away!

mommyceratops
03-30-2006, 07:46 PM

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

OMG! I am :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Thanks I needed that today!!

ceejay13
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
You all made me LOL. Thanks for a great thread! :teeth:

debloco
04-01-2006, 11:43 PM

:rotfl: :teeth:

Mississippian
04-03-2006, 01:17 AM

VWL - Dump
BCV - Dump
OKW - Dump
SSR - Dump
BWV - Dump

Since all of the resorts are dumps that makes our choice easy. Which ones have quick and easy access to one or more theme parks, and which ones have lots of dining options very close by?

Golly! I guess it doesn't settle it! I don't mind staying in a dump, but I do want great park access and lots of nice restaurants.