PDA

View Full Version : boy am I hot over on line ressies

musicgirl
03-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I was up at 3am eastern time and could not get a single Palo ressie.

I was able to get a wild side for ds, but after over 6 hours, yes, it's pretty stupid but I'm really mad because others were having problems then they eventually got through but not me.

When I just called,they couldn't help because no one from the technical side was in on Sun. Hello, I just spent a small fortune and DCL doesn't even have one person to work with tecnical difficulties. DCL is a multi-million dollar company.

It would only let me select the brunch on the day I wanted and when I clicked on continue, it did nothing. I tried refreshing, updating, getting out of the system over and over for 2 hours.

Then, I was given an error that they couldn't even retrieve my cruise plans. Finally, it came back on. But I still couldn't make a ressie. Then I watched as the brunch was taken off the list. Now only dinner is available and I still can not get even that.

Is it too much to ask for one brunch at Palo after 3 cruises, booking at 625 days out and getting up at 3am and trying to get through for 6 hours, then 25 mins. on the phone with a CM who cannot help me??????

:furious: :furious:

Scratch42
03-26-2006, 09:24 AM
It sounds like too many people trying to do the same thing!

Don't worry, you'll probably will get your ressie once you get on board!

Good Luck!

j

musicgirl
03-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm hoping DCL sends a little pixie dust my way and takes care of the reservation for me. That would make me a bit happier this morning.

HappyLawyer
03-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm hoping DCL sends a little pixie dust my way and takes care of the reservation for me. That would make me a bit happier this morning.
'hey, cheer up and forget Palo, i'll fix you a brunch, which one PB & J or mocrowave meals -let me know if there are takers :cool1:

musicgirl
03-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Happy Lawyer thanks for making me smile this morning!!! :)

I was thinking more on the line of the awesome fruit, omelets, special pizzas, hmmmmmmmm.

I think I'll go fix some toast!

LADYnTRAMP
03-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I'm a little frustrated too. It's 90 days out, I'm a Castaway Club Member, I'm signed in but it's telling me things like "You may not make reservations at Palo at this time. Please return 75 days prior to embarkation. If you are a Castaway Club member, you may return 90 days prior to embarkation. If you are a Concierge Guest, you may return 105 days prior to embarkation." Well, I AM a CC member and it IS 90 days out....who knows, maybe it will change later today. I know getting upset isn't going to help matters any so I'm going to get ready to go to church and PRAY! :thumbsup2

lbgraves
03-26-2006, 10:32 AM
LadynTramp, have you been able to get all your info up before? Maybe there is a wrong number linked with your reservation? I would definitely call CS & get them to check that. Usually people with the problem you are having report that DCL entered an incorrect CC number with the resie.

To the OP, hang in there! When we boarded our last cruise we did have brunch & dinner resies but due to the fact that we were switched to early dining a few days before, we didn't need the brunch to be as late as I booked so I went to RNBD. I was the only non CM in there at the time...we were the first in group 2 to board the ship. I was able to switch it to an earlier time with no problem. There are lots of resies held for those who can't book online. Get to the terminal ASAP that morning & go right to RNBD to get one. (((HUGS)))

rtphokie
03-26-2006, 10:47 AM
I was up at 3am eastern time and could not get a single Palo ressie.

I stressed over this too, setting multiple alarm clocks to get up in time to put in our Palo reservations.

There has been a lot going on on the Disney website lately. New features (online checkin for example) and other stuff. Change always means the possibility of instability. I hope that's not the case but it may be.

When we made our reservations at that we hour several weeks back you could really notice the slowdown on the DCL website. Lots of people trying to do the same thing.

Choc_marg
03-26-2006, 11:22 AM
This is a longshot, but when we did our ressies for our Nov 2005 cruise, we were using Firefox as our browser & it wouldn't let us proceed past the first ressie screen as well. We switched to internet explorer & we were able to book fine from there!

Sunshine56
03-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Wanted to add my 2 cents of encouragement. When we did the Eastbound Repo taking the Magic home, there was nothing available on line and we were not in the first group on board so the line was out the door to be waitlisted. HOWEVER, with a little faith, trust and pixie dust - we walked up after we sailed and got great reservations. A couple of other times we were able to get ressies at the last minute.

Good luck and enjoy!!!!

Mickey&JoshNut
03-26-2006, 11:27 AM
My understanding from a CM is that only 45% of Palo reservations are available online....like the others have suggested....try to get to the port early and as soon as you board the ship head to Rockin' Bar D (Magic) or Wavebands (Wonder) to make your Palo reservations.

musicgirl
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
thanks for all the positive comments. I have cooled off a bit. I also know that it is not the end of the world and if not getting my brunch is the worse thing that happens today, I guess I'm in good shape!!!

Susan, I would check to see if your CC # is in your profile. Way back when, months ago, that was why I had problems.

There are a number of people having problems trying to book today from our cruise board. Jillpie was having a hard time booking an excursion after booking a Palo, so she cancelled a Palo and then was able to book the excursion. What does one have to do with the other???

I do know that they hold back some of the ressies and I do understand that there were alot of people trying to get them. But I really am not kidding about the amount of time I spent. I have even tried off and on this morning and I still can not book palo for anything. How could it be that busy from 3am until 12:45?

When I talked to DCL, they said it wasn't anything to do with my computer or internet company. They couldn't get any further than me. :confused3

It sounds like they have alot of "tweeking" to do with this system.

slindamood
03-26-2006, 12:54 PM
I would try again later. For our Thanksgiving cruise last year, my DSIL got up at 3 AM to book Palo brunch. She had a very limited choice of times (2 if I remember correctly). I booked later that afternoon and had a choice of 6 times - apparently they had not completely posted everything at 3 AM. Also - keep checking back.

Good Luck.

JeannieH
03-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Dont worry: dozens of people either dont show up for their Palo reservations, or cancel on the day. You will almost certainly get a reservation during your cruise. Leave your name on the waitlist, and also call daily to see what is available. Its well known that some selfish people book several times - using various tricks of the trade - then just dont bother to attend or let Palo know. Its about time Palo started charging those guests $20 pp IMHO. Good luck: its worth it! :thumbsup2

NCardella
03-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Adding another bit of encouragement...We just sailed on the Magic 3/18/06 and boarded with no Palo ressies because they were booked up when I tried online. Went to RNBD upon boarding (and I was in group 16!), got Palo dinner ressies easily for Tuesday but waitlisted for brunch and tea. By the time we went to dinner that night I had received a call with my brunch and tea times. I was thrilled! Don't fret...you'll probably get just what you want. I found them very accommodating.

musicgirl
03-26-2006, 06:56 PM
JeannieH-Thanks, but I have tried all day, I just tried a few minutes ago. I still can not get past the same spot. As I said, DCL tried to do it, and they couldn't go any further either. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

NCardella-Thanks for the share!!! I do have hope that I can book on board. I hope you had a great trip!! I'll watch for your report!!!

LADYnTRAMP
03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Same here musicgirl. I have tried off and on all day, I double checked my profile and my CC Member number and I'm at a loss. I'm just hoping that tomorrow we can get it straightened out and there will be some ressies left open. If not, I guess we'll just have to deal with it. What other choice do we have? :confused3 Oh well, tomorrow's another day...

Skuba2
03-27-2006, 06:48 AM
I don't know if this has anything to do with your issue, but I got another invoice from Disney after paying off my cruise that said i owed a whole $1.36 or something stupid like that. Turns out the governement increased some kind of port tax or something and they sent the bill. I had to laugh. Cost them more to send it and credit card charges rather than just add it to the onboard account. Anyway, I was just wondering if you are showing a balance and that may be screwing you up.

I got into my account yesterday and I am on the 7/1 western. I was able to pull up my ressie and look at everything. Didn't try and book anything, but I could try if you want me to and then just cancel it.

The other thing I thought of was have you cleared out your cache. I am not a computer expert at all so maybe someone else on here can either tell me I'm wrong or help out. I believe that when you visit a web site, they sometimes write their page to your own computer. If you revisit the site, you sometimes get the page that was written and not an updated one. Maybe clearing out the cache (history of saved pages) might clean it out.

I hope they get things fixed soon. I can't believe they can't help you book. I would be totally frustrated as well.

Good Luck!

DG

willbug97
03-27-2006, 07:13 AM
I just got back from the Wonder. I was in group 2. I boarded at 11:45 went upstairs ate at BBB. I didn't go down to Wavebands until 12:35 and I was the first one in line. The ship I was told was full. I'm sure you will get your reservations when you board. I would rather wait for a few minutes in a line than get up at 3AM...........Good Luck

yogibigdog
03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
This is a longshot, but when we did our ressies for our Nov 2005 cruise, we were using Firefox as our browser & it wouldn't let us proceed past the first ressie screen as well. We switched to internet explorer & we were able to book fine from there!
The same thing happened to me this past December!

JeannieH
03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Once onboard the ship, just keep in touch with Palo desk for cancellations or "no shows". Am certain you will get a booking during your week. :thumbsup2

Tay N Evie's Mom
03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me at what time in the am can you start booking. I am CST. Thanks

mnemsmommy
03-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Can someone refresh my memory and tell me at what time in the am can you start booking. I am CST. Thanks

3am eastern ... dh did it last night at 2 am central time, though was unable to get all the Palo we had wished for. At least I will get to see it at a dinner.

musicgirl
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Skuba2-thanks for the suggestion, but the account is paid in full according to their records. It shows up as $0 on line. Plus, I was able to make a ressie for the Wild Side.

I do know that you can only make so many Palo ressies. I think they limit this even on the 1st day on the ship. I think after a certain time, then you can go back in and fill in the unused. Unfortunately, I didn't get any.

Susan, I hope they get it fixed for you as well. I just called and the CM I was supposed to talk to today was away from her desk. Perhaps they are trying to figure this out!

I like the idea of booking on-line, but it has too many drawbacks.

1-If you've read through the posts, you will see that there are some really dumb reasons why people can not get through.

2-If you are trying to get a ressie for a family, it has to be done separately.

3-Why not have a number to call if you don't want to do it this way or can not get through? Is there a number I don't know about? And to be fair with the ressies, it should be available when the bookings open up. Maybe they should move the time to 90 days out starting at 9 Eastern since that is when you can talk to someone if there is a problem.

4-Whenever the time, a CM should be able to go in and take care of a situation like mine. I would hope that someone wouldn't take advantage and lie about not being able to get through.

The whole reason for the on-line ressies is to lighten the ressie rush and for the early birds who want to get up at 3am instead of having to go the 1st day.

If there are this many "glitches", maybe they shouldn't be using it until it is fair to everyone trying to use the system.

I'll let you know what turns up.

LADYnTRAMP
03-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Well, well, well....this morning I called the Castaway Club 1-800 #.....sure wish I had done this yesterday. The castmember solved the problem in just a minute and it was immediately updated online and I was able to book a Palo ressie but there were no brunch available, maybe when we get on board. Anyway, I still can't figure this out. She asked if I had sailed before and I said YES 4 times the last being on a 4 day this past Dec. and I had NO problem booking on line 90 days out. She said they had me down as a NEW cruiser not a repeat cruiser. I have NO IDEA how this got changed but I sure wish I had called yesterday. Not knowing what the dinner rotation would be and what night for Formal and what not I booked Palo the last night on Friday thinking that would be a safe bet. I booked it for 6:30 hoping to see a beautiful sunset from Palo. All the times we've sailed I'd never eaten there until a brunch this past Dec. Anyway, I feel better just thinking about it...and ranting a little, so thanks..... ;)

LadyZolt
03-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Just to share: I had the same thing -- hitting "Continue" for brunch at Palo (or dinner -- didn't matter what I selected) and it just sitting there. So I loaded Firefox (web browser) because it lets me easily see specific errors on the page. Sure enough, hitting "Contine" resulted in a Java script error: "paloAvail is not defined - (then it listed the URL of the page) - line 330." So, it definitely wasn't us. When I last checked, brunch was no longer an option for me, and I haven't checked again to see if it would let me hit "Continue" and actually move to the next screen. I emailed DCL and let them know, so I hope someone actually corrected it for the web site.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

musicgirl
03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Maybe we could get a thread started that would stay at the top of the boards (is that what they call a sticky thread?).

It could have a list of things to check out if you are having problems getting ressies. That way, someone up at 3am :rolleyes1 (I'm not bitter, really!) who runs into these problems will at least be able to check out and try to correct since it is 3am and there is no one to help!!!

They still have no idea why I can not book. Honestly, I think the CM that I talked to has no clue. She insisted that I should be able to book since I was able to get an excursion.

BTW, in dealing with them helping me try to get a brunch, DCL got 2 thumbs down. She of course went through the whole, well they can not just give you one since all the ressies are taken.

Well we all know that's not true. When I mentioned this, of course she went through DCL trying to be fair so that those boarding can get ressies, blah, blah, blah. I will just have to go try on the 1st day, blah, blah, blah.

Does she realize I've already discussed this will 1000+ disers???? I'm sure she was telling the others around her, "I've got another one of THOSE disboard people on the phone".

She kept telling me to check back on the ressie system to see if anyone has cancelled. I kept reminding her that it wouldn't do any good because I still couldn't get past continue!!!!

To be honest, I think I knew more about the system then she did. She kept telling me that perhaps I couldn't get one because there weren't any ressies left. No, no, no. when it's not available, it goes bye bye!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

She also informed me that there was nothing DCL could do. Please.......this is 2006, they can figure out a way to set aside a brunch for me. Maybe they might have to right it on a piece of paper. Oh the horror!!! Not in the system, why how dare I mention that!!!

When I FINALLY convinced her that I still couldn't book, she said she would have to talk to someone on Thursday since it was 8pm Mon and all techies were gone and she wouldn't be in on Tues. or Weds. EXCUSE ME!!!!!! Find someone else then please!!!!

As I said, 2 thumbs down on this one DCL. I have to admit, in the 3 cruises and the one upcoming, this is the 1st time I have been disappointed.

disgal1
03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I was able to get on and book Palo at 6pm on sunday eve. I thought, wow, that was easy! well 2 hours later, that was still all I had gotten!
I tried again monday, and was finally able to book 2 excursions. was able to finally get to the Palo brunch page, but none were available.

I will try again on april 10 and if worse comes to worse, i'll try to book brunch on the ship. I have done it twice before, so if I miss it , I won't be too upset.

It really was frustrating. something that should have taken 10 minutes took 2 days!

Good luck to all!!

JeannieH
03-29-2006, 06:43 AM
I cant believe how some people get SO stressed about such trivial things!

Lighten up, or you wont be able to enjoy the whole cruising experience.
There will be PLENTY of opportunities to get bookings once onboard. Lots of "bookings" are kept back for those who do not have computers at home and therefore cannot book online.

Also, however helpful people/computers may or may not be.........there are problems with technology: the onshore office and onboard office are not always able to contact each other for many reasons: therefore online facilities may be disrupted regularly. Just be glad you are cruising, and head straight for the designated areas to obtain bookings when you board. Good luck....you will be fine! :thumbsup2

ldb1030
03-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Who ever post the tip about trying INTERNET EXPLORER instead,THANK YOU! I was "practicing" for booking this weekend and it would not move! Tried that and it seems fine............for now! :thumbsup2