PDA

View Full Version : Just when I think it's under control, a binge

Pugdog007
03-25-2006, 12:08 AM
What causes this??? I have been hardcore for 6 months, only cheating on Christmas Eve. I'm 8# from goal, then tonight I just had an awful binge. Now I feel like I'm going to throw up. Will the urge to binge never go away? What is wrong with me? I just bought a bunch of clothes in a size 6 and I'm not going to fit in them if I don't get back on the wagon pronto. Depressing.

lilouisianagal
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Often binging is caused by letting your daily calorie intake dip too low. This can be a dramatic drop over a few days or a more gradual and sustained dip over a longer period of time. Can also be your body's way of telling you that it needs more of a certain nutrient, etc.

DisneyGirl
03-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Don't worry-- you've been doing great for SIX months!!!! We are human, and we can't be perfect-- there are going to be blips in life-- it's life! When I decided to start dieting, I decided to, of course, reduce fat/sugar/etc., but I would never want to go through life never getting to eat a whole quart of Ben & Jerry's ever again-- I just can't do it all the time. You are already doing the right thing-- just get back on track, and you will be more than fine!!!