PDA

View Full Version : May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

txaggie94gigem
03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
:cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :wizard: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :wizard:

Let's have a group hug shall we? :grouphug:

HERE IS UPDATED CRUISE INFO AS SUPPLIED BY OTHER DISers:

Here is the link to the list that Epcotkilter has designed for us:

Magic to the Med Cruise Roster (http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotkilterfan/)

Cruise Activities for the Taking the Magic to Med cruise

Cruise List and other general info: Webpage by EpcotKilterFan at http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotkilterfan/ (see above link)
So if we have any lurkers or anyone that has not added their info yet:
If you would like to be added to the roster you can e-mail Debbie (EpcotKilterFan) at maymedrepo@wideopenwest.com

You can include as much or as little information as you would like. You can also a include a photo at the e-mail address.
DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age (or something close to the age ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining
You may include a photo if you would like

Pre-Cruise Banner and BBQ Party: Get together to help make the cruise banner and have some fun.
Web page link:
http://www.geocities.com/kissimmee_family/

Date Noon April 28th
Location 10 mile south east of Orlando International Airport

RSVP via Email to Kissimmee_family@yahoo.com

Pre-Cruise Wine and Cheese get together: Hosted by Scott H (Scott and Lynn) - to be held at Old Key West Resort on the evening of May 11, 2007. Unusally 4pm to 8pm or so. RSVP to Scott H. BYOB - More info to come. Room number posted here when known.

Pre-cruise meet at the Offkilter stage: Thursday 5/10/07. time - TBA

Cruise t-shirts available at Cafepress: http://www.cafepress.com/may2007ebrepo

If you are doing the Back to Back cruise - t-shirts are available at: http://www.cafepress.com/b2brepomed

First Day Dis-meet: informal meet at 3:00pm, deck 10, starboard side, overlooking the Goofy pool. Stop by and meet people, get your name badges and lanyards, mini-navigators will also be available.

Name Badges and Lanyards for all on the cruise list: brought to you by charwac1, tig82174/Jasonroo, gydell, Scott H, littleowensmommy, Bob and Lee, first timers, milestogo, seaulater, Tigrrtum/Dznelin, wrabitdad, kpros/spros.
Pickup your name badges and lanyards in the cruise terminal prior to boarding or at the first meet and greet at 3:00pm. Look for kpros - he's the guy wearing the cool custom lanyard everyone will want.

Bracelets for all on the cruise list:

please pm txaggie94gigem with size info...bracelets come in adult, 8 inches and youth, 7 inches...please pm your infor by Friday, April 6, 2007.

Grass Skirt Fraternity:
You know, if one person, just one person, shows up wearing a grass skirt, they may think he's really sick.
And if two people do it, they may think they just like each other.
And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people wearing grass skirts to the May 12, 2007. sail-away party and tropical night on DCL. They may think it's an organization!
And can you imagine fifty people I said FIFTY people wearing grass skirts to the May 12 Sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, Friends, they may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE GRASS SKIRT FRATERNITY MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is wear a grass skirt to the May 12 sail-away party and tropical night on DCL, .........With feelin'.

Here is a link to official Grass Skirt designer clothing line
http://www.cafepress.com/soggy_moose
Note: no profit made on these items.

Info from DCL about Formal and Simi-Formal nights: provided by littleowensmommy and seaulater
From DCL: (always subject to change)

First and only formal night is Monday, May 14 (sea day)
Pirate night is Friday, May 18 (sea day)
First semi-formal night is Saturday, May 19 (sea day)
Second semi-formal night is Thursday, May 24 (sea day)

Pirate Night: Just in -DCL just told us that Pirate night was set for May 18th. Take this with a grain of salt.

Disboard Mini-Navigator: seaulater will be printing our own mini-navigator with our groups activities and the information from the cruise list. Will be available at the first meet on May 12. If anyone is celebrating a birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc., PM seaulater so she can add it to the mini-navigator. Need person's first name, (disboard name if they have one), the date, etc. etc.

1/2 way accross the Atlantic hosted by Scott H - time and place to be determined.

Tea with Wendy: littleowensmommy is organizing Tea with Wendy. Milestogo (Kelly) is keeping the list. If you are interested, let Kelly know by posting in this format - disboard name, name of parent, name and age of children. Here is the latest list of participants:
Littleowensmommy - Kathy and DD5 Amy
Gydell -Gydell, Betsy, and DGS5 Brent
misseulalie - Jennifer, DD6 Sophia and DD4 Lena
Milestogo – Kelly and Zoe DD4
NHdisneylover – Hadley & DS Rio (8) and DD Marika (10)

Internet Cafes: Information provided by Hopemax

Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Cyberdream opens at 6 PM on Sunday
http://www.cyberdream.es/public-access-internet.html

Cadiz
I found reference to two, but they don't seem to have websites. One is enred@2 which is supposed to be near Torre Tavira (the watchtower). The other is Cyber Cadiz which is at the Plaza Ingeniero La Cierva (but I haven't looked where that is).

Gibraltar
Cafe Cyberworld http://www.gibnet.gi/~cybercaf/Location: Units 14-16, Ocean Heights Gallery, Queensway
Price: 2.5 pounds for 30 minutes; 4.5 pounds for an hour
Hours: noon-midnight

Barcelona:

inetcorner http://www.inetcorner.net/gracies.html
Price: 20 minutes for 1.8euros additional minutes .05 euros
Hours: 10-10

MrsMork
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
We have our request in with DU! :woohoo: :banana: :Pinkbounc
Will just be DH and I.

CACruisin'
03-23-2006, 03:52 PM
We also have a request in with Inventory Control for this trip. It will be me, DH and DD3. We will be transfering our current reservation for Thanksgiving 2007 to this cruise. :banana: :banana: :banana:

PrincessTToo
03-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for starting this thread.

If my TA is on the ball, then my DH and I will be joining you guys on the eastbound repo. On 4/4 I'll either be crying or screaming (or maybe both)!

Seriously, it's been a lifelong dream of mine to do a transatlantic crossing so I can't even tell you how excited I was when my DH gave me the thumbs-up on this vacation.

CACruisin'
03-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Bumping this thread back to page 1 for others that may be interested. Got a call from DCL Inventory Control this morning. I let them know that we were definitely still wanting to do this trip and to move our deposit from Thanksgiving 2007 to this one. I was told that we would get a call back sometime next week with confirmation information! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

MrsMork
03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Seriously, it's been a lifelong dream of mine to do a transatlantic crossing so I can't even tell you how excited I was when my DH gave me the thumbs-up on this vacation.

Me too! I am so excited to do a transatlantic AND on the Magic!! :woohoo:

seaulater
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
DH (Robert) and me (Linda) will be joining you on this cruise. We have two cruises before then, the 11 day on Sept 17, 2006 and the DVC owner's cruise in October, 2006. Then we will be able to focus on the Med. cruise.

Oh, and we leave for Hong Kong Disneyland on May 4, 2006 for 10 nights.

:cool1:

txaggie94gigem
03-25-2006, 06:25 AM
Ii am still awaiting my phone call....i wondered if they contacted people who requested the same rooms and will just call the rest of us with no conflicts next week with confirmation info!

call me! call me! :banana: :banana:

CACruisin'
03-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Ii am still awaiting my phone call....i wondered if they contacted people who requested the same rooms and will just call the rest of us with no conflicts next week with confirmation info!

call me! call me! :banana: :banana:

Here's :wizard: that you get your phone call soon!

MrsMork
03-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Linda!!! :wave2: Glad to be sailing with you again (10 Dec 2004). I think Kpros will be on this one too! :Pinkbounc :yay:
We have one more booked also. We are doing a double dip in Dec. :sunny:

PrincessTToo
03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to about this cruise. One of my co-workers said "I'm so sick of hearing you talk about this cruise and it's still 14 months away!" (I'm really not that annoying. He was just having a bad day.)

Anyway, the April issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine has an article about Andalusia which includes Cadiz. It's just fascinating and has some beautiful pictures. I especially liked the quote about Cadiz "...it's cleaner than any port town I've visted and little troubled by crime". I also liked the discussion about ham. I guess they take their ham very seriously there. The author said he found some ham that was $325 for the shank. Good thing I'm a vegetarian!

CACruisin'
03-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to about this cruise. One of my co-workers said "I'm so sick of hearing you talk about this cruise and it's still 14 months away!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

DH is reasonably tolerant, but other family and friends are defnitely getting tired of it!

Soccermom-Cheri
03-26-2006, 12:19 AM
We're only tired of it because we can't go :p (and we want you to come play with us in the Med)

littleowensmommy
03-26-2006, 06:06 AM
DH (Ted) and I (Kathy) will be cruising with DS (Owen) and DD (Amy). The kids will be 8 and 5 respectively at the time of sailing. We'll be doing the repo b2b with the 26 May Med cruise. I was contacted by DCL IC via my TA last Tuesday as we've been waitlisted since last August. We'll be in the process of moving from Virginia back to California during this trip. This will be our 4th (and 5th) Disney cruise. I look forward to getting to know you all during the next year!

seaulater
03-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Linda!!! :wave2: Glad to be sailing with you again (10 Dec 2004). I think Kpros will be on this one too! :Pinkbounc :yay:
We have one more booked also. We are doing a double dip in Dec. :sunny:

Yeah! See Ken and Shari will be on this one along with a bunch of other PC westbounders. I'm sure they will all start posting once they get the reservation made.

I talked to DCL yesterday, they said they are hoping to get port charges and fees a day or two before the 4th, but weren't sure about the air add-ons. They said they may not have that info until booking opens on the 4th. Also, the deposit per person is $500 for cats. 4-12; the 1-3 cats. is $750 and on the 1-3 the deposit in NON-refundable.

That's the latest I have.

Linda

CACruisin'
03-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the update, Linda. I watched you all go through the Panama Canal last May and desparately wanted to be onboard! Decided then that I would not miss the opportunity again if DCL decided to repo the ship again. :thumbsup2

Littleowensmommy: did I read someplace that you are coming to Coronado? Welcome back to CA! How wonderful to do B2B!! What a great break during your move.

littleowensmommy
03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Littleowensmommy: did I read someplace that you are coming to Coronado? Welcome back to CA! How wonderful to do B2B!! What a great break during your move.

Yes!!! I can't wait to get back out there. We were supposed to move back this summer but we got postponed. This will be our final move and we plan to settle there for good. The B2B certainly will break up our move. Hopefully, it won't break our budget as we'll be re-entering the Coronado real estate market. Are you from Coronado too?

Soccermom-Cheri
03-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes!!! I can't wait to get back out there. We were supposed to move back this summer but we got postponed. This will be our final move and we plan to settle there for good. The B2B certainly will break up our move. Hopefully, it won't break our budget as we'll be re-entering the Coronado real estate market. Are you from Coronado too?

<nosy Soccermom butts in here>
No, she's from up north of there - where the flower fields are a-bloomin'. Ah, that CACruisin'... She's the smartest, wittiest person I know. Too bad you won't get to meet her 'cuz she'll be with me in the Med :lmao:

( :wizard: make it so make it so make it so...- can't blame a friend for trying. Wait till you see how I beg tomorrow at school :rolleyes2 )

<soccermom crawling back into her hole promising to stay on topic from now on...>

CACruisin'
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Soccermom -- if you are going to post on this thread, then you MUST go on this cruise! May repo, May repo, May repo ... :wizard:

Sorry folks. Ignore Soccermom. Soccermom is my neighbor and we are not in agreement on which cruise to take. She would be a great addition to this cruise, if I can talk her into it!

littleowensmommy
03-27-2006, 05:32 AM
<nosy Soccermom butts in here>
No, she's from up north of there - where the flower fields are a-bloomin'. Ah, that CACruisin'... She's the smartest, wittiest person I know. Too bad you won't get to meet her 'cuz she'll be with me in the Med :lmao:

( :wizard: make it so make it so make it so...- can't blame a friend for trying. Wait till you see how I beg tomorrow at school :rolleyes2 )

<soccermom crawling back into her hole promising to stay on topic from now on...>

I love the flower fields! We took the kids up to Legoland a couple of years ago. There is just so much to do in San Diego.

CACruisin'
03-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Spent all day Saturday at Legoland. It is great with the little kids and my older two had fun doing the Mindstorms (computer controlled Lego) stuff this time.

It has been so dang cold here that the flowers are only just starting to come out. There is another storm coming in tonight. I am ready for Spring now!

So how many people are on DCL's unofficial waitlist that supposedly doesn't exist? I was so excited to get a call last week confirming all my information. Now this week I am just waiting/ hoping DCL calls with actual booking info .... :surfweb:

MrsMork
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
We are not on the official/unofficial waitlist, but I do have a request in for DU. :woohoo: :yay:

first timers
03-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah! See Ken and Shari will be on this one along with a bunch of other PC westbounders. I'm sure they will all start posting once they get the reservation made. Linda

Hey Linda. We'll be there with you as well. Still trying to keep up with all the firsts, but running out of room on the shirt. We may have to get creative. We just returned from a week in Rome and a week in Paris (35th anniversary), hopefully we can give some insight to Rome excersions when they are announced. See you in Sept. on the Wonder. :banana: :banana: Alex and Carolyn

littleowensmommy
03-28-2006, 05:51 AM
So you did b2b repo/western cruises! How was it being on the ship for 3 weeks? Did you stay in the same stateroom for both cruises? Did you keep the same servers at dinner? So many questions...Are you planning b2b cruises for next year too? We're booking the same cat 6 cabin for both of our cruises. I'm sure it's going to feel pretty small after a while but a cat 4 would be about $2000 more so we'll stick with the cat 6 and hope for an upgrade. (We've been upgraded to cat 4 on our last 2 cruises that we've booked as cat 6.) We're planning on early seating for dinner during the repo and late seating during the Med cruise.

Kathy

seaulater
03-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Linda. We'll be there with you as well. Still trying to keep up with all the firsts, but running out of room on the shirt. We may have to get creative. We just returned from a week in Rome and a week in Paris (35th anniversary), hopefully we can give some insight to Rome excersions when they are announced. See you in Sept. on the Wonder. :banana: :banana: Alex and Carolyn

Glad to see you are back safe and sound. Shari has been keeping me updated on your travels! Happy belated anniversary! What did you think of DL Paris? Our favorite was Space Mountain, but I have to say I only did it once, it was a little too much for my stomach to handle!

Can't wait for our cruise. Talk to you soon.

Linda

PrincessTToo
03-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I see that DU is now offering a shipboard credit for the repo and med cruises. Does that mean these cruises aren't generating much interest?

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM
We are OFFICIALLY booked!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DCL called this morning while I was out. It took awhile to get through when I got home, but it is official -- We are on the ship with a room assignment and everything!!!!!

Our first cruise was in a Cat 3. We are taking a MAJOR step down to a cat 11 deck 7 aft for this cruise. ugh. I hope I don't regret that decision, but this 14-day cruise costs less than half of what our 7 day Mexico cruise cost. ... That is a whole lotta spa time in my mind!

videogal1
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah! See Ken and Shari will be on this one along with a bunch of other PC westbounders. I'm sure they will all start posting once they get the reservation made.

Linda

Guess who else.... pirate: plus
:dog2: and maybe :dog:, if his training has advanced that far...

MrsMork
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
We Get To Sail With Cash Again.

littleowensmommy
03-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I got the call from my TA this afternoon. The prices were higher than I expected. DCL's price for the children was much higher than the lowest rate listed on their website.

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Guess who else.... pirate: plus
:dog2: and maybe :dog:, if her training has advanced that far...

We are looking forward to meeting you and Cash and :dog: too!

seaulater
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
We are OFFICIALLY booked!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DCL called this morning while I was out. It took awhile to get through when I got home, but it is official -- We are on the ship with a room assignment and everything!!!!!

Our first cruise was in a Cat 3. We are taking a MAJOR step down to a cat 11 deck 7 aft for this cruise. ugh. I hope I don't regret that decision, but this 14-day cruise costs less than half of what our 7 day Mexico cruise cost. ... That is a whole lotta spa time and in my mind!

So what is the price for the category 11 and how much for port charges and taxes, oh...and were they able to tell you anything yet for airfare addon?

Linda

littleowensmommy
03-28-2006, 05:14 PM
My TA told me that DCL would have info on the air add-on on 4 April. R/T transfers are $50/person.

videogal1
03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
We are looking forward to meeting you and Cash and :dog: too!

Thank you! I've had to cancel four cruises (one RCCI transatlantic and three back-to-back-to back December '06 cruises) this year...I've got my fingers crossed (and am teaching Cash how to cross his) that Mom will stay healthy and next month's trip to California to help her will be the last for a while and I'll actually be able to do the eastward transatlantic repo in '07....!
:lovestruc

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
We were able to transfer an existing reservation and get our 10% discount and $250 stateroom credit. I generally do the insurance separately to cover my whole trip, not just the cruise. Not sure what to do about the transfers on this trip. More research required .....

I was told air add on was not yet available. I have been pricing open jaw flights for May 2006. Yikes!! The best I have gotten is $1670/pp. That is nearly as much as the cruise itself! Hopefully, Delta will hang in there. I would like to use DH's FF miles for these tickets, if I can.

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Thank you! I've had to cancel four cruises (one RCCI transatlantic and three back-to-back-to back December '06 cruises) this year...I've got my fingers crossed (and am teaching Cash how to cross his) that Mom will stay healthy and next month's trip to California to help her will be the last for a while and I'll actually be able to do the eastward transatlantic repo in '07....!

Here's pixiedust: that you will be on the May 2007 repo cruise!

seaulater
03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
My TA told me that DCL would have info on the air add-on on 4 April. R/T transfers are $50/person.

Thanks!

seaulater
03-28-2006, 06:12 PM
We were able to transfer an existing reservation and get our 10% discount and $250 stateroom credit. Cat 11: $4894.80 : 2 Adults, 1 child; no insurance or transfers (I think?). I generally do the insurance separately to cover my whole trip, not just the cruise. Not sure what to do about the transfers on this trip. More research required .....

I was told air add on was not yet available. I have been pricing open jaw flights for May 2006. Yikes!! The best I have gotten is $1670/pp. That is nearly as much as the cruise itself! Hopefully, Delta will hang in there. I would like to use DH's FF miles for these tickets, if I can.

We are planning on using FF mileage with Delta also on an open jaw ticket. I need to mark my calendar 331 days out so I can call and book the first day. 50,000 miles each is what they have already told me at Delta. No problem there, I've got plenty of miles!

CACruisin'
03-28-2006, 06:35 PM
We are planning on using FF mileage with Delta also on an open jaw ticket. I need to mark my calendar 331 days out so I can call and book the first day. 50,000 miles each is what they have already told me at Delta. No problem there, I've got plenty of miles!

Us too. It is the one perk of DH travelling all the time. His miles are MINE!

txaggie94gigem
03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

i have not yet heard from inventory control....i ope they call me soon....i was just waiting for a cat 11 so i hope they are not all gone...DCL please call!!!!

txaggie94gigem
03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
i need delta to hang in there too...my dad was retired from there and i still have pass priviledges....we can fly standby home at a very reduced rate...that is what i am counting on...

i have heard that the airport is 20min away from the ship....we have 4 people in our cabin....any ideas on whether it will be cheaper for dcl transfers (one way $25 per person) in Barcelona or a taxi? :confused3

first timers
03-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Glad to see you are back safe and sound. Shari has been keeping me updated on your travels! Happy belated anniversary! What did you think of DL Paris? Our favorite was Space Mountain, but I have to say I only did it once, it was a little too much for my stomach to handle!

Can't wait for our cruise. Talk to you soon.

Linda

We did both parks in one day, so we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. I loved the outside of space mountain, looks like Julles Verne designed it. They are building a Tower of Terror in the studio side. Alex

first timers
03-29-2006, 09:08 AM
So you did b2b repo/western cruises! How was it being on the ship for 3 weeks? Did you stay in the same stateroom for both cruises? Did you keep the same servers at dinner? So many questions...Are you planning b2b cruises for next year too? We're booking the same cat 6 cabin for both of our cruises. I'm sure it's going to feel pretty small after a while but a cat 4 would be about $2000 more so we'll stick with the cat 6 and hope for an upgrade. (We've been upgraded to cat 4 on our last 2 cruises that we've booked as cat 6.) We're planning on early seating for dinner during the repo and late seating during the Med cruise.

Kathy

We have been on 25 DCL cruises, so the Magic/Wonder feels like home when we are onboard. We stayed in the same room, a cat. 6, but swithed dining room rotations (let us meet more crew members). We are booked on the Wonder 10 and 11 day cruises in Sept and the repo and Med cruises in May 2007. One of the most interesting things to do when everyone else gets off is to watch DCL turn over the ship. Semitrailer after semitrailer pull up and are offloaded. It's amazing how orgainized everything takes place. Look forward to meeting everyone and getting back together with friends. Alex

ssnyder
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
We asked our TA to book as soon as he is able. We are Curt and Susie and we were on the first West coast cruise with some of you.

littleowensmommy
03-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Another San Diego cruiser! I look forward to meeting you!

txaggie94gigem
03-29-2006, 04:39 PM
i got the call today!!!!!! i am now officially booked in the Cat. 11 on deck 5 that i requested!!! the only thing we had to work on was that they automatically placed us in 2nd dining....we had to fight to get that changed but my TA came through and chnaged us to first dining...we had 2nd dining on our last cruise and hated it! i could handle second dining if i had to for 7 days but never for 14!!!!

our price was almost $6100 for 4 people with no insurance or transfers....this is right on target with what CaCruisin paid since we have 1 more child in our room (he will be 13 in 2007 so considered adult fare - that is fair since he is a growinf boy and can eat more than my hubby and i combined!!!) :drinking1 :drinking1 :mickeybar :mickeybar

Hygiene99
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.apb.es/rsc/images/contents/Creuers.en.PORT.Cruises/Creuers.en.PORT.Cruises-1.jpg

Hi everybody .

Here is a hotel (http://www.bookings.es/hotel/es/grandmarina.html?aid=306395;label=barcelona-hotels-barcelona;) in Barcelona. On the dock. :thumbsup2

more photo's (http://www.apb.es/en/SERVICES/Pictures_Gallery)

4th one down !!

seaulater
03-29-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.apb.es/rsc/images/contents/Creuers.en.PORT.Cruises/Creuers.en.PORT.Cruises-1.jpg

Hi everybody .

Here is a hotel (http://www.bookings.es/hotel/es/grandmarina.html?aid=306395;label=barcelona-hotels-barcelona;) in Barcelona. On the dock. :thumbsup2

More photo's (More photo's 4th one down. :teeth:

Pretty KEWL, as Scott would say. I like the one of the swimming pool. It looks like you can look right over on the end into the cruise ship!

seaulater
03-29-2006, 06:00 PM
i got the call today!!!!!! i am now officially booked in the Cat. 11 on deck 5 that i requested!!! the only thing we had to work on was that they automatically placed us in 2nd dining....we had to fight to get that changed but my TA came through and chnaged us to first dining...we had 2nd dining on our last cruise and hated it! i could handle second dining if i had to for 7 days but never for 14!!!!

our price was almost $6100 for 4 people with no insurance or transfers....this is right on target with what CaCruisin paid since we have 1 more child in our room (he will be 13 in 2007 so considered adult fare - that is fair since he is a growinf boy and can eat more than my hubby and i combined!!!) :drinking1 :drinking1 :mickeybar :mickeybar

Did they break down the price for you per person? I am wondering what the 1st and 2nd adult were. I know the port charges/fees per person is $279 on top of the price.

CACruisin'
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Congrats txaggie94gigem on getting everything you wanted! It is such a huge relief isn't it?

Hygiene99: very cool! Thanks for posting the pic's and info!

I remember reading someplace what dock we would be at in Barcelona, but now I can't find it? Anyone? editted to add: Never mind. found it on DU's page: Terminal C - Moll Adossat

Welcome, Curt and Susie! How awesome to have done all the "Firsts" and to get to spend 26 consecutive days onboard too!

It seems like most everyone here has already done multiple Disney Cruises. This will be only our second cruise (1st was Mexico last summer.) So bear with the newbie. DH still thinks we can do our planned trip to WDW and Wonder in March, but I'm thinkin' that may get canned.

ssnyder
03-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome, Curt and Susie! How awesome to have done all the "Firsts" and to get to spend 26 consecutive days onboard too!

I think you're confusing us with First Timers. We only did the first West Coast Cruise (that was our second Disney cruise) and this time we're only doing the TransAtlantic.

Thanks for the Welcome though. I'm really looking forward to planning the cruise with this bunch. We had so much fun preparing for the last one. And by the time we were on the ship, it felt like we knew so many people already. It's going to be crazy waiting for over a year for this.

- Susie

ssnyder
03-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Another San Diego cruiser! I look forward to meeting you!
I look forward to meeting you also. Welcome to California.

- Susie

CACruisin'
03-30-2006, 03:12 PM
I think you're confusing us with First Timers. We only did the first West Coast Cruise (that was our second Disney cruise) and this time we're only doing the TransAtlantic.

Oops, yes, sorry! We are very excited also about this cruise. With a little more than a year to wait, at least there is plenty of time to plan! :rotfl:

MrsMork
03-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Bumping :Pinkbounc us off the second page. :wave:

littleowensmommy
03-31-2006, 10:31 AM
We just upgraded to a midship cat 3 for the repo! DH figured with 8 sea days it would be a good idea and it really wasn't that much more than the cat 6. The only downside is that we'll have to pack and unpack again when we switch rooms for the Med cruise.

CACruisin'
03-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Congrats! That is wonderful for you. It will be well worth the packing/unpacking factor to have all that extra space on the repo!! :cheer2:

txaggie94gigem
03-31-2006, 04:40 PM
congrats on getting what you wanted! a cat 3 will be great, especially with the sea days!

i am so glad that we have all so far gotten what we wanted....are all of you early dining? i said earlier they tried to put me in second dining and said they could not change it until april 4 but my TA told them that was not fair to ask me to put down $2000 for my cruise when everything was not how i asked for it to be from inventory control so they relented and changed.... :wizard:

i have worked it out....i have to only work 12 extra hours per month to pay for this cruise (basically 1 extra shift at the hospital)...that can be done so easily so we will have it paid off in no time!!! i wish we could afford a better room but if we go cat 11 then we still have $$ for another big trip later in the year with the whole family....plus i think the excursions are going to be really pricey....in the past we have been very comfortable getting off the boat and exploring on our own but i do not think we will do that in a foreign port where english is not the primary language...i think we will have to pay for more excursions!!! :moped:

txaggie94gigem
03-31-2006, 05:04 PM
i saw some of you post on another thread wondering what "open house" was in the kids clubs....

a few months ago they started a policy that the first night onboard no children could be left unattended in the kids clubs (cheri - this was the "club" the poster was referring to when he talked about leaving his kids "alone" when he was a repeat cruiser)...many of us are upset because that essentially means no adult time, no late shows, no palo, no spa that first day....you can take your kids to the kids clubs to sign them up and get the beeper and show them around but you may not leave them....i personally do not agree with this policy but apparently they had problems with separation anxiety between parents and some children and implemented this policy to allieve it....

here is the big problem we will run into....the next day after departure we will be at castaway cay....so kids that had barely met the couselors on board will now be spending their first time with them not on the boat, where the parents showed them the night before, but instead on the island, in a totally new environment so i do not see all the benefits....some kids are just not going to like being left, whether it is the first night or third day....i know all kids are different but in my case, my kids cried when we picked them up so they are very disappointed to learn that they cannot spend free time in the clubs the first night.....sorry for the off topic :offtopic:

littleowensmommy
03-31-2006, 06:17 PM
i saw some of you post on another thread wondering what "open house" was in the kids clubs....

a few months ago they started a policy that the first night onboard no children could be left unattended in the kids clubs (cheri - this was the "club" the poster was referring to when he talked about leaving his kids "alone" when he was a repeat cruiser)...many of us are upset because that essentially means no adult time, no late shows, no palo, no spa that first day....you can take your kids to the kids clubs to sign them up and get the beeper and show them around but you may not leave them....i personally do not agree with this policy but apparently they had problems with separation anxiety between parents and some children and implemented this policy to allieve it....

here is the big problem we will run into....the next day after departure we will be at castaway cay....so kids that had barely met the couselors on board will now be spending their first time with them not on the boat, where the parents showed them the night before, but instead on the island, in a totally new environment so i do not see all the benefits....some kids are just not going to like being left, whether it is the first night or third day....i know all kids are different but in my case, my kids cried when we picked them up so they are very disappointed to learn that they cannot spend free time in the clubs the first night.....sorry for the off topic :offtopic:

Wow, I had no idea they were doing this. I don't like this at all. Are they doing it for all the kids or just the 3-4 year olds. I can't imagine a 7 or 8 year old with separation anxiety.

CACruisin'
03-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Interesting. This will be our first experience with the Club. DD turned 2 on our last cruise. She absolutely adored Flounders. Our older two were in the lab, but didn't really like it that much. I think it was just the mix of the kids in the lab at the time. After a couple of days I stopped forcing the issue. They were happy reading in the stateroom on the verandah or watching movies at the theater. They would go to the pool or Mickey slide with DH. They also went to the Twice Charmed matinee together because there was a movie they wanted to watch in the theater that evening.

I am planning on DD REALLY liking the club. She will be just a month shy of her 4th birthday. On our first cruise, I never made it to the pool at all, no Cove Cafe, no rainforest ... these are all things on my to do list this time. :teeth:

CACruisin'
03-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes, we have main seating. I sure hope DCL has done away with the "staggered" times though. 5:30 pm just seems like it would be way too rushed to get to dinner.

txaggie94gigem
04-01-2006, 05:30 AM
littleowensmommy...no kids of any age can be left in the club or lab the first night....i think it is silly too for the older kids.....i do not know why they are doing this...maybe they will get alot of neg feedback and not be doing it by the time we cruise!

i wonder if we will be like the panama may repo that had very few kids going....we are bring our oldest son and daughter....they will be 13 and 7 when we sail....

txaggie94gigem
04-01-2006, 05:34 AM
i almost forgot to tell you.....

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo! :wizard:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!! :rotfl2:

littleowensmommy
04-01-2006, 06:40 AM

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo!

I hope not! Congratulations!!! We'll be neighbors!

Scratch42
04-01-2006, 07:25 AM

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo! :wizard:

Party is in your Room then!

:thumbsup2

j

seaulater
04-01-2006, 01:21 PM

The only separation anxiety our DD had when she was younger was the fact that we were picking her up to take her out of the club to go to dinner and shows!

That's what they issue beepers for. If there is a separation anxiety problem, beep the parents! I don't see this as a big issue with the majority of the kids. Hopefully, for those that have kids still that age, they will have fixed by our cruise.

Our only problem now is getting DD out of the teen club!

Linda

Soccermom-Cheri
04-01-2006, 03:21 PM

huh.
good thing my DD knows the Magic like the back of her hand. She'll generally make herself at "Home".

I understand the concept (not really,) but... no likey. Most cruisers are "repeaters". Parents want the adult time - and kids want the KID (read: no parents) time.

Time to go post on the "If the Disney people are reading what do you want them to know" thread ...

(one more thing... you guys are already on page 5. By next year you're gonna be on 1005 :rotfl2: - and my friends bailed on the Med trip, so I'm gonna need CACruisin' back :rolleyes1 )

CACruisin'
04-02-2006, 12:00 AM
and my friends bailed on the Med trip, so I'm gonna need CACruisin' back :rolleyes1 )

Now you have to come join the May repo cruise!

CACruisin'
04-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Helo all! We are supposed to be skiing for the next two weeks of Spring Break, but there is ANOTHER storm coming in tomorrow! Maybe we will get up to the cabin before it hits or otherwise we will have to wait until Tuesday to go up. I've been telling my kids about Spring Skiing in shirt sleeves, and instead we will have another 3 feet of fresh powder - Sheesh! My parents two story cabin is a "a bump in the snow" according to dad. Luckily they are up there now "digging it out" for the girls and me. :banana: What good parents I have!

Anyway, when we do get up there (between storms!) I will be offline since there is no internet (or cable or even TV for that matter!) at their cabin. So good luck to everyone on tuesday. pixiedust: Hopefully there will be many new May repo members!

CACruisin'
04-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Looks like the storm has slowed up a bit, so we are headed up the mountain in a couple of hours and will then "wait out" the storm from the cabin. Should get a few days of good skiing in before the next storm comes through next Sunday. Kirkwood resort has a +35 foot base with more to come! Message to the weather gods: "the Sierra's have plenty of snow for the season now - enough already!"

See you all next week!

littleowensmommy
04-02-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm a Squaw Valley gal! We love Spring skiing in the Sierra cement. We take off Thursday for Florida...a few days at Vero Beach and a few Days at WDW. We're had a DIS reunion with a couple of the families that we cruised with last summer at WDW on 12 April.

txaggie94gigem
04-02-2006, 05:59 PM

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo!

APRIL FOOLS!!! :rotfl2:

i just had to tease.....i wish it was really true but alas we are in stateroom 5013, a cat 11 (not cat 1) :cheer2:

pixie3
04-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Okay Help - I would LIKE to be a part of this thread. What is Inventory Control, what is TA, what is the official/unofficial list? How is everyone booked before tomorrow?

first timers
04-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Okay Help - I would LIKE to be a part of this thread. What is Inventory Control, what is TA, what is the official/unofficial list? How is everyone booked before tomorrow?

TA is travel agent. DU is Dreams Unlimited. As best I understand, the inventory control and official/unofficial list involved a pre-announcement list of people who stated they were interested in any new cruises in 2007. The list started many months ago, and was then apparently "closed" by DCL as rumors of the new cruises started and the list started to swell. Almost all of these people book the cat. 1-3 rooms and seem to be frequent cruisers. Yhere should be plenty of room for everyone who wants to sail on the repo cruise if you call the first day for booking. Alex

Tinkerbel129
04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I got my call several days ago and have booked a SPR! Yippee!!! :cheer2:

pixie3
04-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you so much First Timers. I'm clear now hopefully I will get good news tomorrow. :cool1:

PrincessTToo
04-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Got an Email from my TA an hour ago. We're booked!
:cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay:

P.S. All cat 3's are booked. So we got a cat 6 midship which is what we had originally requested. The cat 3 was just a crazy dream that I was somehow able to convince my DH to share.

webray
04-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

We (Bob my hubby and Cheryl-me) are joining you on the May transatlantic.
Had no trouble making the reservation this morning via DCL website just a little after 8 (when I couldn't get through on phone lines.. :rotfl2: ). Got the lowest tier pricing for the two of us and we are both very excited.

We did the 14 night Panama, taking her to CA, and we have done the 7 night western and a quickie 3 night on the wonder. We are doing the 11 night southern caribbean this fall. :banana:

Can't wait to see some of you again, and meet the rest of you for the 1st time.

So..this party has officially started! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

lillygator
04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi all!!! I'll have to go back and read all 6 pages later, but the Royal Carlin family will be joining you!!

Me, Charming and our two princesses!!

This is so exciting...not sure of the cabin or anything yet, my TA is going to call me back with all the details!

videogal1
04-04-2006, 09:16 AM
YAYYY!

Cash, Little Bee and I are IN! :thumbsup2

Now to find another single woman to share the space....

lillygator
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Cabin 7037....

bonzie1
04-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Just checked my home e-mail... No word for us yet!

CONGRATS to everyone who is in!!!

seaulater
04-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Woke up at 12:45 am; 1:30 am; 2:15 am; 3:30 am and at 4:15 am (mountain standard time) decided to get up and get ready for work. Got here at 5:30 am, programmed my work phone to DVC on the 800 number and my cell phone on the 407 number, got on the DCL website and then started speed dialing at 5:50 am

Figured Tom McAlpin and all the Disney execs are just sitting back laughing at us.

Got DVC to answer at 5:58 am. Had all my information ready, they put me on hold at 6:05 am, called DCL and at 6:20 am I hung up with confirmation number, stateroom #6567 for Robert and I and $75.00 on my credit card for the exchange fee!

Now, for the countdown! (But I've got the 11 day in September, and the DVC owners in October before this one!)

Linda

videogal1
04-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Woke up at 12:45 am; 1:30 am; 2:15 am; 3:30 am and at 4:15 am (mountain standard time) decided to get up and get ready for work. Got here at 5:30 am, programmed my work phone to DVC on the 800 number and my cell phone on the 407 number, got on the DCL website and then started speed dialing at 5:50 am

Figured Tom McAlpin and all the Disney execs are just sitting back laughing at us.

Got DVC to answer at 5:58 am. Had all my information ready, they put me on hold at 6:05 am, called DCL and at 6:20 am I hung up with confirmation number, stateroom #6567 for Robert and I and $75.00 on my credit card for the exchange fee!

Now, for the countdown! (But I've got the 11 day in September, and the DVC owners in October before this one!)

Linda

I let the TA's fingers do the walking and got #6631...Soon to be upgraded to Cash and Little Bee's verandah...when the dust settles...
pirate:

This is so great having familiar faces on another repo cruise! :banana:

pixie3
04-04-2006, 10:25 AM
We're in!!! No problem with web site at 8am. We did it!!!!!! :woohoo:

webray
04-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Cabin 7037....

Hey..you are right across the hall from us. We are 7038!!!

webray
04-04-2006, 11:12 AM
YAYYY!

Cash, Little Bee and I are IN! :thumbsup2

Now to find another single woman to share the space....

Great Linda, we are looking forward to seeing you and cash again. Another repo cruise...yipeee!

maleficent1959
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
We're in. It will be me, DH, and 2 boys who will be 3 and 7. We got a Cat 3 with a connecting 4 for my in-laws. Never done a Cat 3 -- now we're afraid we'll get spoiled. We, too, were on the Panama canal repo cruise to CA and we know this one will be awesome!

lillygator
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
We're in. It will be me, DH, and 2 boys who will be 3 and 7. We got a Cat 3 with a connecting 4 for my in-laws. Never done a Cat 3 -- now we're afraid we'll get spoiled. We, too, were on the Panama canal repo cruise to CA and we know this one will be awesome!
We did a Cat 3 last December on the Eastern, I am sssoooo spoiled. We ate at Palo, I don't know how many times, they made personalized color books for the girls, a treat every afternoon and we even had a DIS meet party in there!! But, in order to cruise more often I have to cut corners. We are cruising this December in a 9 and then the repo in an 11....

kpros
04-04-2006, 12:02 PM
DW Shari (spros) and I will be on board! Cat 11 on deck 6.

Ken

maleficent1959
04-04-2006, 12:06 PM
... But, in order to cruise more often I have to cut corners. We are cruising this December in a 9 and then the repo in an 11....

Don't I know it. I told my family last night it's going to be ramen and Walmart brand macaroni and cheese for a year! LOL

milestogo
04-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Posted earlier on another thread:
Hi everyone,
After a very long phone wait (1:15min.), we booked online and then got all the details we wanted taken care of over the phone. We were lucky to get the Transatlantic 5/12 then the 11 night med. with the rooms we wanted. Is anyone else doing both cruises? We wanted to make this the big trip before our DD heads off to Kindergarten. I'm curious how many others are able to do a May trip before school is out? I heard that the Panama repo in May was not as crowded as the August - anyone know if that is true? Hope to see you there and we can't wait to eat the food in France and Italy - good thing the gym was expanded!

videogal1
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
DW Shari (spros) and I will be on board! Cat 11 on deck 6.

Ken

Y A Y Y Y , M ORE R E P O CRUISERS !

EEK, We've been moved already...to # 7631 and are still waiting for a verandah upgrade for Cash (and maybe Little Bee, too) :cheer2: :cheer2:

littleowensmommy
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Welcome Everyone!!!

Lillygator, I have to ask, is "Lillygator" also your eBay username? I'm a big Lilly fan too.

maleficent1959, We'll be in 8032. It will be our first time in a suite so we're very excited. Our DS will be 8 when we sail next year so we'll have to introduce our boys.

milestogo, We're doing the 26 May cruise also. I refuse to gain weight during 25 days on the Magic. I'll be in the gym every morning and walking the deck after dinner every evening.

Videogal1, Please tell us about Cash and Little Bee.

videogal1
04-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone,
I heard that the Panama repo in May was not as crowded as the August - anyone know if that is true? Hope to see you there and we can't wait to eat the food in France and Italy - good thing the gym was expanded!

Hi Miles...The May repo cruise was great kid-wise...except for a few lingerers in the stairwell outside my stateroom, things went on as though they weren't there...I noticed that many of the activities, like the ongoing mystery game, BINGO, and the theater were, by and large adult activities...Also, I wasn't bothered too often by kids wanting to ambush Cash... I was on the first 10-day holiday cruise and that's wat I'm comparing it to...LOTS of kids on that one...
Yes, France...I think I'll maybe take a train to Paris and visit DLP again....It depends on how many Service Dogs I have with me...

EpcotKilterFan
04-04-2006, 02:29 PM
We booked today! :Pinkbounc

Got on the phone just before 8 am and by 8:25 mom and I were booked in Cat 8 Deck 7 Room 7510!

Had some problems with the website, so I was glad to have been on hold.

In a few days I should have a webpage up that we can use for a cruise roster. I will let you all know when it is up! At that time I will give the directions on how to get the info to me.

:woohoo: Now I have to change my countdown timer!

Debbie

videogal1
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Welcome Everyone!!!

Videogal1, Please tell us about Cash and Little Bee.

Cash and Little Bee are my Service dog and Service dog in training. Cash has developed arthritis in his hips and, as Service Dogs usually retire around age 9, he's starting to, at age 7, slow down a little. I've just gotten Little Bee and will begin her basic obedience training at the end of the month. She won't be ready to help me walk, or take over for Cash, by the time of the cruise but she may be able to haul the luggage cart which would be very useful since I can no longer carry heavy things very well...Whether or not she comes on the cruise will depend on how ready she is and whether or not I can figure out how to fly alone to Orlando from Texas, then back to the U.S. with two big dogs at my feet..
This will be SO much fun! We are going to have a ball!
:love:

lillygator
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
nope - not my ebay name! Mine does have gator in it though! :) Ya know I love the Gators!!! :)

What does everyone think the airfare is going to be? My TA thought around $700....but I am thinking more like $1300....I wish we could know now...I really don't want to pay that much for airfare!!

littleowensmommy
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Miestogo, Our DD will be 5 when we sail. I count 4 little girls all about the same age.

Lillygator, How old are your girls?

Videogal1, We look forward to meeting you and Cash and Little Bee. I'll make sure I have a talk with my 2 little dog lovers so they don't bother the dogs while they're working.

lillygator
04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
at the time of sailing they will be 4 and 2....:)

littleowensmommy
04-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Wow, It sounds like all of these very lucky young ladies are going to have a great time together!

EpcotKilterFan
04-04-2006, 03:29 PM
nope - not my ebay name! Mine does have gator in it though! :) Ya know I love the Gators!!! :)

What does everyone think the airfare is going to be? My TA thought around $700....but I am thinking more like $1300....I wish we could know now...I really don't want to pay that much for airfare!!

When I booked this morning, it was about $934 for airfare to Cleveland. I think I can do better than that.

Debbie

videogal1
04-04-2006, 03:33 PM

I was supposed to do this transatlantic thing this month on RCCI and the airfare from Paris on American was $800. I don't remember if that included the flight toMiami, though...Big help I am....
:confused3

ssnyder
04-04-2006, 04:18 PM
TA just called. He had emailed me early this morning saying that he had booked us, but would call back with details (after he got off the phone with Disney with all the cruises he was booking today). We're in a cat 7, room 7124. I think we got a good price ($7357). He said that the TransAtlantic prices were coming out less than the Med cruises (especially the first Med cruise). So I guess not as many people are booking this one, maybe because of the timing.

- Susie

seaulater
04-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,
After a very long phone wait (1:15min.), we booked online and then got all the details we wanted taken care of over the phone. We were lucky to get the Transatlantic 5/12 then the 11 night med. with the rooms we wanted. Is anyone else doing both cruises? We wanted to make this the big trip before our DD heads off to Kindergarten. I'm curious how many others are able to do a May trip before school is out? I heard that the Panama repo in May was not as crowded as the August - anyone know if that is true? Hope to see you there and we can't wait to eat the food in France and Italy - good thing the gym was expanded!

On the May repo there were a little less than 500 kids if I remember correctly! It was awesome. We got to use the Oceaneer Lab one night and had lots of space everywhere. Like Lynda (and Cash) said (she is Lynda with the Y and I am the Linda with the I) we had a couple of the teenagers think that riding wheelchairs down Lynda's staircase was a blast. After one call to Security, it ceased. The kids were not a problem. The older ones seemed to really bond (too close for some) and they hung out in the Stack.

Okay, back to work!

Linda

bonzie1
04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
:flower: :flower1: :boat: Our TA came through. :boat: :flower1: :flower:
:goodvibes We are booked for the May 12th repro across the Atlantic! :goodvibes

:sail: Anchors Aweigh, we'll go, Anchors Aweigh. :sail:

Farewell to all our dough, :faint:

We called at break of day-ay-ay-ay. :sunny:

We'll sail the ocean blue, :boat: right to the Med ::yes::

:jumping1: Until we meet once more :jumping1:

We'll keep in touch through DIS Boards :disrocks: on this thread!

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

Disneynut1955
04-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone! My wife and I booked the 14 day repositioning cruise this morning (thanks to Ron and Alice for assisting). We look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying a wonderful two weeks at sea!

EpcotKilterFan
04-04-2006, 05:02 PM
:flower: :flower1: :boat: Our TA came through. :boat: :flower1: :flower:
:goodvibes We are booked for the May 12th repro across the Atlantic! :goodvibes

:sail: Anchors Aweigh, we'll go, Anchors Aweigh. :sail:

Farewell to all our dough, :faint:

We called at break of day-ay-ay-ay. :sunny:

We'll sail the ocean blue, :boat: right to the Med ::yes::

:jumping1: Until we meet once more :jumping1:

We'll keep in touch through DIS Boards :disrocks: on this thread!

:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

Yay!!!!! Can't wait for this next year and Georgie's poetry!! :cheer2:

Debbie

littleowensmommy
04-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi Dave and Monica!

We're going to be neighbors on this cruise too! Is Ron coming along too?

TADsMommy
04-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Hi friends!! :wave:

I see many fun names (and my mind sees the faces ... and paws) of the Panama Canal repo. :woohoo:

WooHoo :cheer2:

We are booked and in the same cabin as last year's repo.

Can't wait to see everyone again!!

Looking forward to making many new friends as well. :)

Karen (and Dave)
... and Tiffany-13, Ashley-12 and David-11

milestogo
04-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi all, I'm so happy to hear about the 4 & 5 year olds. This is going to be so much fun. Thanks for all the responses.

Disneynut1955
04-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi Dave and Monica!

We're going to be neighbors on this cruise too! Is Ron coming along too?

Hi there! Sadly, Ron will not be with us. This would be too much time for him to take off from work. He will fly out and join the celebration on May 26, 2007. We think it will be fun to be with so many people who will be on both cruises. We hope to have many nights together at dinner and the clubs!

MrsMork
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
We're booked!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :yay: :cheer2: We will be in 6319, I think. Can't wait to see those we have cruised with before and to meet many new friends! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

bonzie1
04-04-2006, 08:19 PM
We booked today! :Pinkbounc

Got on the phone just before 8 am and by 8:25 mom and I were booked in Cat 8 Deck 7 Room 7510!

Had some problems with the website, so I was glad to have been on hold.

In a few days I should have a webpage up that we can use for a cruise roster. I will let you all know when it is up! At that time I will give the directions on how to get the info to me.

:woohoo: Now I have to change my countdown timer!

Debbie

Hey Debbie!

Great Idea! A CRUISE ROSTER is soooo helpful! I can't wait to meet everyone, and say hello to old friends!

THANKS for volunteering to take this on. :banana:

Be sure to let us know how you'd like us to get the info to you. We could all send PMs, but your mailbox would be filled up in no time ;)

Set your timers... We're sailing across the Atlantic!!! :hourglass

wrabitdad
04-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Well we made the plunge!! We're booked on the eastbound transatlantic and the first Med cruise. :banana: :banana:

We decided to go for broke (literally) as Disney wife (Dale) and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary during the Med cruise.

It's great to see how many veterans of the blinkie, flippy floppy crew will be onboard! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Happy countdown.

Bob

littleowensmommy
04-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Wow, there are are alot of us doing B2B cruises! When the idea first came to us back in February I questioned our sanity but you are all validating our decision...If we weren't all crazy we would go insane!!

videogal1
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
It's great to see how many veterans of the blinkie, flippy floppy crew will be there

Bob

You know, that one's gonna take some explaining....
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

videogal1
04-04-2006, 10:26 PM
I was all set to stay here in Barcelona after my RCCI transatlantic cruise this month....: sigh...had to cancel but the rest of the group will still be there...
http://www.freedom-tour.com/hotels/spain/barcelona/firapalace.html

Mainly because it accepts service dogs....but it's a nice hotel, too... :thumbsup2

EpcotKilterFan
04-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Well I think I have the cruise roster page figured out! Thanks to some friends that are far smarter than I :rotfl2:

So if you would like to be included in the cruise roster for the Eastbound Repo Cruise please PM me with the following:

DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age (or something close to the age ;) ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining
You may include a photo if you would like I will send you an e-mail address in the PM for the photo if you would like it included.

This list will be updated as best as I can. You are under no obligation to be included on the list. It is just a fun way to see who is cruising and to get to know everyone! :banana: :grouphug:

I will keep the link in my signature and if there is going to be a "master" list of activities it can be placed there.

Hopefully in a few days we will have quite a list!

Debbie

kpros
04-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Off the first page already - can't have that.

I noticed that we seem to have 2 lists going. I would suggest that we go with a more private list like Debbie is willing to setup and not the public list in the other thread.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

BethE
04-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Yes, France...I think I'll maybe take a train to Paris and visit DLP again....It depends on how many Service Dogs I have with me...

Hi Lynda (and everyone) :wave2: ,

Harry in Michigan and I will also be on the eastbound repo cruise and we also plan to take the train to Paris and visit DLP. Harry has never been to Europe. I was at DLP for my 50th in 2000, so looking forward to seeing the new park and showing Harry around Paris before we fly home.

Do I understand correctly that you have a service dog in training :teacher: as well as Cash now? Will you be teaching this one to read, also? Cash "wow"ed us at the talent show last time we cruised together!

BethE

Tinkerbel129
04-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry, I did not mean to step on anyone toes. I simply started a thread with the list on the first page. Simply stating board name, dining and stateroom catagory or number that was already posted. If you do not wish to have your name there, than let me know and I will remove it. This morning I added to the bottom of the first post titles for the Ports of Call. So that as people find useful information they would like to share with everyone, I could then add what post number it is. With the summer just around the corner and people take vacations or new cruisers join, there could be lots of pages to catch up on. I am willing to try and keep this up to date as best I can. We all know how long the threads get as the months pass by. It would not doing anyone any good if the information is not found as the first post but, found on page 6 of the thread. Please forgive me if I have hurt anyones feelings, I only tried to make it a little easier.

Have a Magical Day!

kpros
04-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Sorry, I did not mean to step on anyone toes. I simply started a thread with the list on the first page. Simply stating board name, dining and stateroom catagory or number that was already posted. If you do not wish to have your name there, than let me know and I will remove it. This morning I added to the bottom of the first post titles for the Ports of Call. So that as people find useful information they would like to share with everyone, I could then add what post number it is. With the summer just around the corner and people take vacations or new cruisers join, there could be lots of pages to catch up on. I am willing to try and keep this up to date as best I can. We all know how long the threads get as the months pass by. It would not doing anyone any good if the information is not found as the first post but, found on page 6 of the thread. Please forgive me if I have hurt anyones feelings, I only tried to make it a little easier.

Have a Magical Day!

Hi Lori

No mashed toes here - just my opinion. Keeping track of everything is a big job. Thanks for taking it on.

Ken

first timers
04-05-2006, 01:33 PM
We're in!!! No problem with web site at 8am. We did it!!!!!! :woohoo:

Glad to hear you got onboard. Did you get the cat. room you wanted? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Alex

videogal1
04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Off the first page already - can't have that.

I noticed that we seem to have 2 lists going. I would suggest that we go with a more private list like Debbie is willing to setup and not the public list in the other thread.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

agree, agree, agree

Perhaps group activity stuff like lists of people wishing to do Palo Brunch, Palo, regular dinners, or excursions together would be easier to find and manage on a public list and private stuff...sailaway stuff, small group lists, weight loss/gain records, etc on the private list?...So much to do...So little time...
Who is organizing Palo Brunch?
or tea?
Group Surial? :rotfl2:

first timers
04-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Well I think I have the cruise roster page figured out! Thanks to some friends that are far smarter than I :rotfl2:

So if you would like to be included in the cruise roster for the Eastbound Repo Cruise please PM me with the following:

DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age (or something close to the age ;) ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining
You may include a photo if you would like I will send you an e-mail address in the PM for the photo if you would like it included.

This list will be updated as best as I can. You are under no obligation to be included on the list. It is just a fun way to see who is cruising and to get to know everyone! :banana: :grouphug:

I will keep the link in my signature and if there is going to be a "master" list of activities it can be placed there.

Hopefully in a few days we will have quite a list!

Debbie

For which ever or what ever list:
Carolyn (39 and holding) DW
Alex 53
Lake Mary, FL
First dining

And we are crazy enough to be on the first Med cruise as well.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: Alex

videogal1
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi Lynda (and everyone) :wave2: ,

Harry in Michigan and I will also be on the eastbound repo cruise and we also plan to take the train to Paris and visit DLP. Harry has never been to Europe. I was at DLP for my 50th in 2000, so looking forward to seeing the new park and showing Harry around Paris before we fly home.

Do I understand correctly that you have a service dog in training :teacher: as well as Cash now? Will you be teaching this one to read, also? Cash "wow"ed us at the talent show last time we cruised together!

BethE

Hi Beth...

Ooo, The DIS does Paris....I like the sound of that...I haven't seen Paris since my month-long European fling for my 50th "several" years ago...Time to do it again...Wonder if I have the stamina...sigh...

It will be a while before Little Bee does any real fancy stuff but, maybe, if I can iron out the logistics of bringing her, I could borrow a few DIS-ers to help train her on the ship to recognize words on paper?...Right now, though, I'm trying to figure out how on earth I can fly solo with two Service Dogs...It would be a blessing to have Little Bee along to haul my luggage on a fold-up cart and for Cash to help me walk (Bee's shoulders won't be ready to do that until she's 2) because using the scooter to haul luggage is very difficult size-wise. I got yelled at by a DCL rep at the L.A. port for not bringing my own luggage assistance and I know I can't afford to pay someone's fare just to fetch and carry for me...Cash can't do both, though, and porters just aren't always around (the reason for the yelling at the port last May).. My TA and I are working on it...The main problem seems to be the flight from Austin to Orlando and the return from Europe to Austin...not enough footspace for two dogs at the feet of one person... My other double dog friends are married...double the footspace...sigh...

Got a year to work on it, though...

krdisneybound
04-05-2006, 02:05 PM
We are booked on the 5/12 cruise also.

This is so exciting. DLP sounds like a great idea

krdisneybound
04-05-2006, 02:37 PM

thanks, Linda. I wanted to know that. It is 40,000 to Hawaii (coach) and 70,000 for (1st) and I thought it would be somewhere in that area

Happy we have the miles also. Even better

videogal1
04-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Harry in Michigan and I will also be on the eastbound repo cruise and we also plan to take the train to Paris and visit DLP.

BethE

Train from Barcelona to Paris :

$75.00 second class has sleeper compartments
$125 First class has recliner seats

Train Hotel Elipsos
Value Tourist T4
Value fare in tourist section provides passengers with a T4 cabin that contains 4-berth sleeping facilities in 2nd class.
Sleeperettes are only available on Pau Casals (Barcelona-Zurich) and Salvador Dali (Barcelona-Milan). 14-day advance purchase required
Fare 50% exchangable or refundable up to 3 days before departure if no segment has been used.

Catch train at Barcelona-Estacio De Franca ....Overnight express departs at 9:05PM and arrives at Austerlitz station in Paris at 11:55AM.

These are March '06 times..the info was for my trip this month (April '06) so things will change (times and pricing) by next year but you cannot get info until a few months before tickets are issued.

I got a great Barcelona tour book put out by the Discovery Channel. It's called an INSIGHT GUIDE and has great info and MAPS!

:wizard:

littleowensmommy
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM
We're leaving tomorrow for Spring Break. We're taking the kids to Vero Beach and WDW. I'll catch up with you all again next weekend.

bonzie1
04-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Train from Barcelona to Paris :

$75.00 second class has sleeper compartments
$125 First class has recliner seats

Train Hotel Elipsos
Value Tourist T4
Value fare in tourist section provides passengers with a T4 cabin that contains 4-berth sleeping facilities in 2nd class.
Sleeperettes are only available on Pau Casals (Barcelona-Zurich) and Salvador Dali (Barcelona-Milan). 14-day advance purchase required
Fare 50% exchangable or refundable up to 3 days before departure if no segment has been used.

Catch train at Barcelona-Estacio De Franca ....Overnight express departs at 9:05PM and arrives at Austerlitz station in Paris at 11:55AM.

These are March '06 times..the info was for my trip this month (April '06) so things will change (times and pricing) by next year but you cannot get info until a few months before tickets are issued.

I got a great Barcelona tour book put out by the Discovery Channel. It's called an INSIGHT GUIDE and has great info and MAPS!

:wizard:

Lynda... Thanks for this info! :thumbsup2 Joe + I would Love to to DLP after this trip, but not quite sure how to go about planning it... time... logistics, etc. Thanks for beginning the process for my tired mind! Just too much excitement for one week! :rotfl2: I am taking some Airborne :rotfl: and getting into bed... an early night. Between work and other planning, I think a good night's sleep is in order. Can't wait to meet Little B!

first timers... can't wait to see your jackets with all of your firsts! Of course you're going to do the FIRST Med Cruise... Hey, how could you pass up that opportunity... after all, when would you get another chance to do a first here with DCL... What fun you will have! :yay:

littleowensmommy... ENJOY your getaway! :Pinkbounc

videogal1
04-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Lynda... Thanks for this info! :thumbsup2 Joe + I would Love to to DLP after this trip, but not quite sure how to go about planning it... time... logistics, etc. Thanks for beginning the process for my tired mind!

A TA (I talked to Daun Flynn, traveldepot.com, a friend who is also a double service dog user, is doing the RCCI transatlantic trip this month I had to cancel and did all of the planning) can get the rail tickets and up-to-date information. The Barcelona book gives some more info and there is a great site on-line that discusses the trains coming and going from major European cities like Barcelona and Paris. You can take either a taxi or the RER from Paris to Marne La Valle, where DLP is. I wanted to stay a few nights, again, at the Sequoia Inn at DLP, their version of Wilderness Lodge, but I see that there are newer places so maybe I'll take a risk...The DLP website is pretty complete but I will use a TA again to make the reservations there, I think. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

BobandLee
04-05-2006, 07:31 PM
http://firstyear.tamucc.edu/uploads/FrancesJohnson/pooh_think.gif
O.K. Why should I let Lee talk me into the eastbound med repo cruise? :confused3
I know the points/money are less than the 10/11 day cruises.
Will 6 days at sea not get boring?
All of the other cruises we have taken were slam dunks. I really need to be convinced on this one. Alright Georgie....why should I? Anybody?

Bob

pixie3
04-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I got the cat I wanted two 9's large portholes and connecting.

I really thought about the med cruise after, but with a 2 year old and 4 year old, I think this might be just a little too much. BUT a stop to paris might work.

What do you do with yourself and your luggage from 7AM to 9PM train?

EpcotKilterFan
04-05-2006, 07:49 PM
O.K. Why should I let Lee talk me into the eastbound med repo cruise? :confused3
All of the other cruises we have taken were slam dunks. I really need to be convinced on this one. Alright Georgie....why should I? Anybody?

Bob

Because you gotta!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: pirate:

(How was that for a reason) And if ScottH is not crusing with us, where else will we get our Jimmy Buffet references :rotfl2:

Actually 6 days at sea sound wonderful :woohoo:

You will make the right decision Bob!

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
04-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks to all that have sent me their information!

We have a nice list started and many more to add. You can use the link to welcome new members and tell them to PM me.

I am open to adding whatever to the site. But be aware, I am a newbie at web design! So be gentle ;)

Here it is: Repo cruise roster (http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotkilterfan/)

If there are any changes or additions, just let me know. I will update it as I can. Soon, I am going to set up a seperate e-mail just for this info and I will put that out there too.

Debbie

krdisneybound
04-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Debbie: Excellent job. :thumbsup2

videogal1
04-05-2006, 09:59 PM
GREAT JOB, Debbie!!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

videogal1
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I really thought about the med cruise after, but with a 2 year old and 4 year old, I think this might be just a little too much. BUT a stop in paris might work.

What do you do with yourself and your luggage from 7AM to 9PM train?

1. Get together with a group of DIS-ers who will be doing the train and rent a hotel room near the station for all the luggage for the day...
2. or take it to the train station and stash it in an individual family locker and leave it until traintime...

That gives you a day to sightsee...do Familia Segrada or see other Gaudi landmarks.. or shop. Personally I think that with little ones you and others might do better to get a room for the day to rest in and use as a hub....Best yet if it has a restaurant...

The street maps in that Barcelona tour book are great for locating things you might want to see. It shows all the METRO lines...most are fairly accessible, which is one thing I was excited about touring there...(scooter) or stroller for kiddies...

Get the book, get the book. It will help you determine the areas you might want to tour and the METRO lines or taxi locations used to get there...Great pics, too...

Lacking any excursion info, it was a good way for me to eliminate what I wasn't interested in and to keep sight of what was in the areas I'd be able to get to in the time I had... Guess the cancelled cruise wasn't such a total loss after all!...

ok, ok, ok....No METRO..Take a taxi...Me, I have to do the METRO probably because finding a taxi that will take me, the scooter, the luggage, and, possibly, not one but two huge dogs will be impossible... even the METRO may not be such a good idea unless I stash my stuff first...sigh, more complications...... lots of time to problem solve...Maybe there's a private shuttle company near the port...

Bedtime now....BOB, six days at sea is a joy...Think of the murder mystery to be solved...

:wizard: :rotfl:

txaggie94gigem
04-05-2006, 11:24 PM
thanks debbie! i sent you a PM to see how i can get your list link on my first post....just let me know what info you want to be updated on the first post...if most of you are like me, it would be easier to have all the links on the first post than remembering which page had which info.... :wizard:

webray
04-06-2006, 05:13 AM

Bob

Bob, let Lee convince you. Why, because you will be with all your friends and we will make sure you are not bored during the six days at sea!

webray
04-06-2006, 05:21 AM
Debbie,

Beautiful job on the list. Love it!

Cheryl

bonzie1
04-06-2006, 05:58 AM

Bob
BOB ! BOB!! BOB!!!

Oh Yes!!! Just imagine... 6 wonderful days at sea!

Besides...

M - I - C... See you REAL SOON!

K - E - Y... Why? BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU!

M - O - U - S - E !!!

:mickeyjum pooh: :mickeyjum :earsboy: :mickeyjum :earsgirl: :mickeyjum

lillygator
04-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Well guys, after much much much discussion last night. I think we are giving up our repo reservation. Lots of factors weigh in, especially not knowing what the airfare is going to come in at...and having a 2 and 4 year old on a 9+ hour flight for their first time will probably not be all that fun. I am really really bummed, but logically - it's just not a good fit right now. We would rather cruise "locally", more often than have to travel that far with the girls being so young. :( You guys have a blast and I can't wait to read the trip reports.

pixie3
04-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Debbie: Great Work - Thank You!!

VIdeogal1: Thank You so much. I have a couple books (DK books) but yours sounds nice, I'll look into it. I love buying travel books. Thanks for the tips.

lillygator: DON'T LEAVE ME. I thought if she can do it with 2 and 4 so can I. I was glad I wasn't the only crazy one. I do understand. I just got off the western cruise and I need a vacation from my vacation. I plan to take an overnight flight - thinking they will sleep. (or keep everybody else up)

PrincessTToo
04-06-2006, 09:25 AM
For Debbie:
Great job on the site. (And this compliment is coming from a professional "webmaster"!)

For Lynda, Cash and Little Bee:
At the dog park, the dogs have named me "she who gives the best butt rubs". One of the rottweillers there actually walks up to me backwards so he doesn't have to turn around for his massage.

For everyone:
Another milestone. I just put down my deposit!

Also, my TA says that the excursions probably won't be released until January. She says that's when they did it for the last repo. But all you experienced repo-ers probably know that, I'm guessing.

kpros
04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone

Slow day today.

OK, should we put on our thinking caps and come up with a great name (theme) for our cruise. For example, on the May 2005 repo we adopted the "Kingdom to Kingdom" theme for the cruise. Any great ideas out there?

Ken

BobandLee
04-06-2006, 05:02 PM
.... Why, because you will be with all your friends and we will make sure you are not bored during the six days at sea!
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

videogal1
04-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone

Slow day today.

OK, should we put on our thinking caps and come up with a great name (theme) for our cruise. For example, on the May 2005 repo we adopted the "Kingdom to Kingdom" theme for the cruise. Any great ideas out there?

Ken

Cross the sea to DLP

:lmao:

EpcotKilterFan
04-06-2006, 07:40 PM
One day closer!!!

If anyone has any good links for the areas we are headed to, please post them. I can make a link page (I think :rotfl: )

Thanks Txaggie94gigem for putting the link on the first post. If someone can keep track of the activities and have it all in one place that is a wonderful thing. Even if it is not on the first page, a link to where it is can work also. I would put a link to the post on the webpage.

I am still working on the e-mail address :badpc: :badpc: and will post it soon. If anyone wants their info added just PM me! I can then provide an e-mail address if you would like a picture added.

Cruise Roster (http://www.wideopenwest.com/~epcotkilterfan/)

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
04-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone

Slow day today.

Ken

And a logo! But I guess a theme would be the first thing :thumbsup2 :lmao: I am not very good at that sort of thing. I have ideas, just not the execution

Mickey does the Med.....

Taking Magic to the Med

ummmm that is all I can think of. I am sure others can come up with something better.

Where are the scrappers!! They usually are whitty :rolleyes1

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Yah know.... it could be Kingdom to Kingdom

Magic Kingdom to the Kingdom of Spain princess: :thumbsup2

Deb

Mickey&JoshNut
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
And a logo! But I guess a theme would be the first thing :thumbsup2 :lmao: I am not very good at that sort of thing. I have ideas, just not the execution

Mickey does the Med.....

Taking Magic to the Med

ummmm that is all I can think of. I am sure others can come up with something better.

Where are the scrappers!! They usually are whitty :rolleyes1

Debbie

Debbie

See I'm already lurking on your thread....I'm so jealous that you guys will be cruisin' to the Med.....

How about

Bringing the Disney Magic to the Mediterranean

or

similar to what you came up with....

Bringing the Magic to the Med

Juli
04-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Hi Everyone!

We're heading across the ocean! For several days we weren't sure what we would do, but now we are heading to Spain! I sent the deposit into DU last night.

We are in cabin 6542. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and we finally get on the starboard side. :) We are from Michigan: Juli (46), Tony (47), John (11 when we cruise), Peter (11 when we cruise). I'll send my info to Debbie for the list once I know whether my in-laws are joining us.

Someday I'll add a signature line with all our Disney trips on it. We are DVC members and head to FL a couple of times a year. We were on the 1st Panama Canal crossing cruise which was absolutely awesome. I see lots of familiar names. So glad to be cruising with all of you again!

Juli

krdisneybound
04-07-2006, 07:39 AM
I believe we will be sailing very close to the route of the Titantic - we pass roughly 50 to 75 miles of the marker.

I know that many years ago they changed the route to avoid icebergs in that area.

I am pretty sure that there is a marker out in that area also.

EpcotKilterFan
04-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi Everyone!

We're heading across the ocean! For several days we weren't sure what we would do, but now we are heading to Spain! I sent the deposit into DU last night.

We are in cabin 6542. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and we finally get on the starboard side. :) We are from Michigan: Juli (46), Tony (47), John (11 when we cruise), Peter (11 when we cruise). I'll send my info to Debbie for the list once I know whether my in-laws are joining us.

Someday I'll add a signature line with all our Disney trips on it. We are DVC members and head to FL a couple of times a year. We were on the 1st Panama Canal crossing cruise which was absolutely awesome. I see lots of familiar names. So glad to be cruising with all of you again!

Juli

Welcome Aboard Juli!! :Pinkbounc :banana:

This is going to be a great trip!

Debbie

seaulater
04-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Debbie-awesome roster! I'll get you my info eventually, just really busy and just checked in for a sec or two to make sure I hadn't missed anything!

Linda

PrincessTToo
04-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I really like our thread title "Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean" for our theme.

Also, I had the TA switch us to late dining. I started to think about all the "springing ahead" (changing time zones) we'll be doing on the ship and would rather start out eating late and then end up eating somewhat close to a normal dinner time. I'm still trying to adjust to the time change from this weekend. Guess I don't have the flexible biological clock I used to have!

videogal1
04-07-2006, 04:04 PM
If anyone has any good links for the areas we are headed to, please post them. I can make a link page (I think :rotfl: )

Debbie

How's this...I'm a weird architecture fan......can't spell either...

http://www.gaudi2002.bcn.es/english/index.htm :love:

videogal1
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I believe we will be sailing very close to the route of the Titantic - we pass roughly 50 to 75 miles of the marker.

I am pretty sure that there is a marker out in that area also.

OOO, that would be great to see...wonder what time of day we'd see it?...Oh, SCOTTTTT...
Hope this isn't like the sighting of the Southern Cross....yawnnnn!

bonzie1
04-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone

Slow day today.

Ken

We'll all have to put on our thinking caps for this one! :goodvibes

Kingdom to Kingdom II

Kingdom to the Med

Mediteranean MAGIC

First Transatlantic Crossing

The First MAGICAL Mediteranean Crossing May 12 - 26, 2007

Happy Weekend to all! Thanks for the roster and links and DIS board pages! :yay:

videogal1
04-07-2006, 09:55 PM
We'll all have to put on our thinking caps for this one! :goodvibes

Kingdom to Kingdom II

Kingdom to the Med

Mediteranean MAGIC

First Transatlantic Crossing

The First MAGICAL Mediteranean Crossing May 12 - 26, 2007

Happy Weekend to all! Thanks for the roster and links and DIS board pages! :yay:

TransAtlantic Magic I

5/12 - 5/26 2007

txaggie94gigem
04-08-2006, 02:46 AM
okay...i am challenged as well...

Magically cruisin to the Med

i also liked....from the Magic Kingdom to the Kingdom of Spain, Kingdom to Kingdom II

just my ideas....we will need designers out there...do we plan on enentually doing t-shirts, lanyards, jelly bracelets???

bonzie1
04-08-2006, 07:28 AM
okay...do we plan on enentually doing t-shirts, lanyards, jelly bracelets???

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: Wow... Jelly bracelets! I hadn't heard of that one!

I'm sure we'll all come up with loads of ideas. Crank up the creative juices and let's get going! :cheer2:

bonzie1
04-08-2006, 07:38 AM
TransAtlantic Magic I

5/12 - 5/26 2007

Good One Linda!

Keep 'em coming! :banana:

Here's one more:
Taking the MAGIC to the Med - Eastbound Transatlantic to Europe May 12-16, 2007

seaulater
04-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Just don't make it too long. I almost had our last banner in the hotel hallway painting it the night before!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/seaulater/PanamaCanal1241.jpg

Linda :cool1:

seaulater
04-08-2006, 11:48 AM
And we need bubbles too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/seaulater/69009653.jpg

EpcotKilterFan
04-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Ok Linda I LOVE :love: the bubble pic!!!

LOL About the sign... i think it was still wet when it was rolled out :rotfl: :rotfl2: I was laughing when folks thought it was done by Disney. Even the crew was cheering for the sign! Good times!!!

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
04-08-2006, 07:21 PM
For any new cruisers that would like to be on the cruise list you can either PM me or e-mail me at maymedrepo at wideopenwest.com

(Did that to stop the spammers :badpc: )

You can include as much or as little information as you would like. You can also a include a photo at the e-mail address.

DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age (or something close to the age ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
DiningYou may include a photo if you would like

You can view the list by clicking on the link in my signature

Debbie

maleficent1959
04-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, I guess I am pretty excited about the cruise. Tonight I made a Swarovski crystal necklace for formal night. And earrings. :woohoo: DH thinks a) they're pretty and b) I'm nuts.

videogal1
04-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, I guess I am pretty excited about the cruise. Tonight I made a Swarovski crystal necklace for formal night. And earrings. :woohoo: DH thinks a) they're pretty and b) I'm nuts.

The truly nuts never have so much fun, though...!

videogal1
04-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Good One Lynda!

Here's one more:

I like it because it fits on my newly-manicured fingers and toes...
:lmao:

bonzie1
04-09-2006, 06:50 AM

Oooo, sounds beautiful! princess: Can you post a picture? We would all love to see your new jewelry!::yes::

Isn't it FUN to plan? It helps to pass the time.

WE'RE TAKING THE MAGIC TO THE MED!!! :banana:

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 07:14 AM
http://cruisetoberfest.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/Titanic.gif Just don't make it too long. I almost had our last banner in the hotel hallway painting it the night before!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/seaulater/PanamaCanal1241.jpg

Linda :cool1:

Thank You Linda. :grouphug:
Deb, Great Job. love the roster.

Just Lurking.

Peter :teleport: :sail:http://cruisetoberfest.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/Titanic.gif

PrincessTToo
04-09-2006, 07:33 AM

Well, I don't think you're nuts. Yesterday I bought a fancy dress at Marshall Field's that I've been lusting over for a long time. It was finally on clearance. Sure, the only place I can wear it is on the ship but it was half off regular price. I mean how nutty can it be to buy a dress now that you can't wear for 13 months? It was half off!

videogal1
04-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Good One Linda!

Here's one more:

How about

MAGICAL EURO REPO I

:banana: :banana:

EpcotKilterFan
04-09-2006, 11:52 AM

Oh you are not nuts! :crazy: I am cutting out Mickey Heads from Home Depot to put on my stateroom door :sunny: And trying to design magnetic signs for the door!

I am liking Taking Magic to the Med or Kingdom to Kingdom... hey Linda if you still have the sign we could just take off the Panama part and paste on Taking the Magic to the Med! :rotfl:

Doing some web page work - I am on a roll now that I understand it! ;) (And I really do not feel like cleaning the house) so maybe later I will have some other stuff up.

Debbie

irvingp
04-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Cool. On are on the 14 Night Eastbound and the 11 Night Southern also.

MrsMork
04-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Debbie, I sent you a PM with our info. Thanks for doing the website.

Suecot2000
04-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Hello To Everyone:

I just found out this week that my AAA agent was successful on booking me on this TransAtlantic crossing. I think I'm still in a state of shock...I never thought I'd get onboard this one. Could somebody pinch me!

Sue

EpcotKilterFan
04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Welcome Aboard Irvingp and Suecot2000! :welcome:

It is going to be a great cruise!

If you would like to be on the cruise roster you can PM me or e-mail me at MayMedRepo@wideopenwest.com the following info:

DIS board name
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining

We are going to have a great time!
Debbie

BobandLee
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
BOB ! BOB!! BOB!!!

Oh Yes!!! Just imagine... 6 wonderful days at sea!

Besides...

M - I - C... See you REAL SOON!

K - E - Y... Why? BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU!

M - O - U - S - E !!!

:mickeyjum pooh: :mickeyjum :earsboy: :mickeyjum :earsgirl: :mickeyjum
That is so nice of you to say that..... :worship:

Peter looks like he'd be quite happy with 6 days of nothing...I on the other hand would not, unless I could stay drunk.
Now there's an interesting idea. :drinking1 Never done that before.

Because you gotta!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: pirate:
(How was that for a reason) And if ScottH is not crusing with us, where else will we get our Jimmy Buffet references :rotfl2:
Debbie
You make that sound like a bad thing. :)

EpcotKilterFan
04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
You make that sound like a bad thing. :)

Oh never! Gotta have a bit of Jimmy Buffet in your life :thumbsup2

Hey it looks like Scott is caving in too! Instead of grass skirts this time you guys could be bull fighters :rotfl2:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/05b89fcc.jpg

:rotfl2:

Debbie

Scott H
04-09-2006, 07:40 PM
OK OK OK calling DVC in the AM.

EpcotKilterFan
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
OK OK OK calling DVC in the AM.

:cool1: :cheer2: YAY!!!! :cheer2: :cool1:

We will now know where we are going!!!

(Scott has an affinity towards GPS :teeth: )

Debbie

Hygiene99
04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 OK OK OK calling DVC in the AM.

kpros
04-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I would be happy to do lanyards and name badges again for the repo if no one else wants to do them. But if someone else really wants to do them, that would be great also.

Ken

Scott H
04-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Ken, you did such a good job on the Panama Canal Repo lanyards, I vote for your doing them again, (and we will again be glad to help with the cost).
Lynn :eeyore:

videogal1
04-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Ken, you did such a good job on the Panama Canal Repo lanyards, I vote for your doing them again, (and we will again be glad to help with the cost).

Cross the ocean to the sea with THE LANYARD PEOPLE!!

Let me know if I can help, please!... :thumbsup2

Scott H
04-10-2006, 08:21 AM
We're there, Cat 7.

Oh Bob :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 your turn.

seaulater
04-10-2006, 09:16 AM
QUOTE=Scott H]Were there, Cat 7.

Oh Bob :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 your turn.[/QUOTE]
KEWL!

GPS PARTY ON DECK NINE!!!!

Linda

seaulater
04-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh never! Gotta have a bit of Jimmy Buffet in your life :thumbsup2

Hey it looks like Scott is caving in too! Instead of grass skirts this time you guys could be bull fighters :rotfl2:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/EpcotKilterfan/05b89fcc.jpg

Debbie

I thought they looked pretty good in those grass skirts though...............
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/seaulater/3396.jpg

seaulater
04-10-2006, 09:22 AM

Ditto for us too!

Scott H
04-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Now I have to get the Atlantic Blue Charts for my GPS, so I will know where we are going. LOL

Me thinks we will have to change from a grass skirt theme to something different, not sure what, just yet.

Off to Physical Therapy and then Missoula MT.

milestogo
04-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I love Kingdom to Kingdom.

I love the Panama banner - it looks wonderful!

How about The Mouse Takes The Med!

webray
04-10-2006, 10:06 AM
We're there, Cat 7.

Yeah! Glad you guys could work it out!

CACruisin'
04-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Wow this thread has really taken off! We are so excited to be a part of this wonderful group. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My engineering background means I am compelled to research/plan anything and everything. :blush: Currently trying to determine what the weather will be like for our crossing, but haven't found a whole lot yet. Hoping someone over on cruisecritc doing a Spring '06 crossing will be able to provide some insight.

I am reasonably computer literate. I am definitely a newbie, but would be happy to help with whatever. Just point me in the right direction.

I'm a Squaw Valley gal! We love Spring skiing in the Sierra cement. We take off Thursday for Florida...a few days at Vero Beach and a few Days at WDW. We're had a DIS reunion with a couple of the families that we cruised with last summer at WDW on 12 April.

I wish we had good ol' Sierra cement! As it was, we were snowed in (4 ft of powder in 3 days) then had 3 days to ski (1 good day and two sunny gorgeous days - but the high was still only 34 degrees F). May try and go back up later this week "between storms" again. For now we are visiting my brother's family in Monterey.

Have a fantastic time in Florida! :sunny:

cruiseconvert
04-10-2006, 02:39 PM
CACruisin', that would be great if you can find out anything about expected weather! I've been looking and haven't found anything yet; looked at Cunard trip reports on Cruise Critic, but those are for northern Atlantic crossings. I have a reservation for the May repo but am reserving final decision until I know more about weather (and whether I'll have enough money!). With six days at sea in a row, I want some layin'-by-the-pool time!

I vote Taking the Mouse to the Med!

By the way, you'll see that this is my first post...but not really. Have been on three Disney cruises in the past four years. After each one, I have managed to lose my DIS ID/password, change my email address, or something else that causes me to start over. :confused3

milestogo
04-10-2006, 03:01 PM
CACruisin - I've been looking for the weather patterns too. Esp. for the ports, humidity and rain totals. Everyone keep your eyes open so we know what to wear! I think the heavy humidity comes later in the summer. Anyone know? Those of us from Calif. are a little goofy about humidity.

bonzie1
04-10-2006, 03:12 PM
I would be happy to do lanyards and name badges again for the repo if no one else wants to do them. But if someone else really wants to do them, that would be great also.

Ken
Ken!

:thumbsup2 :goodvibes :bounce: YES :bounce: :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Those Lanyards sure stood the test of time! That would be great. Thanks!

CACruisin'
04-10-2006, 04:40 PM
CACruisin - I've been looking for the weather patterns too. Esp. for the ports, humidity and rain totals. Everyone keep your eyes open so we know what to wear! I think the heavy humidity comes later in the summer. Anyone know? Those of us from Calif. are a little goofy about humidity.

www. wunderground. com is a great international site for checking weather trends at the ports. Typically, the weather in the ports looks a lot like So Cal coastal weather (but maybe without so much May Gray/June Gloom?), so should be pretty good. Humidity shouldn't be an issue in May either.

I'm with you on hoping for some sun time on all those sea days, or at least once we get to the other side of the sea. RCCL and Celebrity have more southern repo trips, but the cruisecritic trip reports have not had much, if any, "weather" info for past years. :sad2: DIS trip reports are much more informative - but then I guess I have a bias! :teeth:

videogal1
04-10-2006, 05:01 PM

One of the things that convinced me to take this cruise, as opposed to the August repo is the memory I have of my May visit to Europe many years ago...It was glorious!...mild, sunny, hot on a couple of days (I spent a month traveling around the Med., then up to London, over to Paris for a week, to the Netherlands for another week before visiting DLP and flying home). Little rain, glorious flowers, Parisians sunbathing by the Seine, ...It was perfect. Much like southern California in June. Can't speak for the in-between territory, though...I flew to Paris and missed the whole lazy days at sea thing, which is probably what we are all wondering about.... :cloud9: :sunny:

cruiseconvert
04-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, it's all those miles "in between" where I have little clue about the weather. It's easy to plug "Barcelona" into a weather site and get a forecast...but we need the weather at something like "latitude 32, longitude 37" or whatever it is. I wonder how much being in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean might cool off the weather.

I read that the newest Queen Mary-type ship travels so fast that it's actually too windy at sea for much on-deck fun. We won't get that, right? I'm thinking the Magic already goes as fast as it can on the 7-night at-sea days, and no problem with the wind there.

BobandLee
04-10-2006, 06:40 PM

Hey, you said that you wouldn't post my picture. :)
Next thing you know, there will be disco pictures with feather boas. :rotfl:

BobandLee
04-10-2006, 06:51 PM
We're there, Cat 7.

.....Bob, thanks for those links! Hey Bob... any news on the Magic to the Med Repro??? Huh? :Pinkbounc

No news. Nothing for sure in the near future.
"Some people claim,
that there's a woman to blame,
but I know,
it's my own darn fault"

Meaning, Lee would sign-up tomorrow, but there are other considerations.

first timers
04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I vote Taking the Mouse to the Med!

The theme name for the cruise needs to be short and catchy, that works best on name tags and lanyards. That doesn't mean other phrases can't be used on shirts, hats, etc.. For the panama canal cruise the theme was "kingdom to kingdom" and there was a shirt that said "repo this" with a picture of the Magic on the shirt. Kingdom to Kingdom II theme would be supported by TransAtlantic Repo, Taking the Mouse to the Med, Ocean to Sea items. Just some thoughts. Alex

videogal1
04-10-2006, 07:04 PM
The theme name for the cruise needs to be short and catchy, that works best on name tags and lanyards. That doesn't mean other phrases can't be used on shirts, hats, etc.. For the panama canal cruise the theme was "kingdom to kingdom" and there was a shirt that said "repo this" with a picture of the Magic on the shirt. Kingdom to Kingdom II theme would be supported by TransAtlantic Repo, Taking the Mouse to the Med, Ocean to Sea items. Just some thoughts. Alex

TransAtlantic Magic I?

EpcotKilterFan
04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
We're there, Cat 7.

:cool1: :banana: YAY!!!!! :cool1: :banana:

Now I have to get the Atlantic Blue Charts for my GPS, so I will know where we are going. LOL

Me thinks we will have to change from a grass skirt theme to something different, not sure what, just yet.

Off to Physical Therapy and then Missoula MT

The crew of the Magic is relieved that you are aboard.. we will know where we are, and where we are going LOL!! :banana:

You have to get the star charts out too!! A bit too North for the Southern Cross though.

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
04-10-2006, 07:31 PM
The roster has been updated!

We are growing :)

If anyone has any links they would like added, just let me know. I am surfing for information that is helpful and will add it to the list too.

I am wondering if we will have pirate night?? pirate:

And geee...... the other Med cruises may have to have toga night ;) :rotfl:

Debbie

wrabitdad
04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Another idea for the list of possible themes:

"Crossing the Pond with the Mouse"

Bob

videogal1
04-10-2006, 11:31 PM
The roster has been updated!

We are growing :)

If anyone has any links they would like added, just let me know. I am surfing for information that is helpful and will add it to the list too.

Debbie

Why has the roster link disappeared from the first page?

videogal1
04-10-2006, 11:40 PM

Debbie

Maybe a Titanic reenactment night.......Castaways on the Med...

txaggie94gigem
04-11-2006, 03:45 AM
i am working on the link...i have been swamped at work all weekend but i will try to update it when i am at my home computer.... :surfweb:

i am wondering what the weather will be like too...is there a reason we are doing a northern repo instead of southern???

webray
04-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Ok..I will take a stab at this..

:cool1: Mouse'n in the Med :cool1:

Hope everyone is doing great. I see lots of excitement brewing for this cruise.

Cheryl

Scott H
04-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Also wondering about the weather, will check the NOAA site that might have some info. Just did and only cover about ½ our route. Looks like we have a project.

My physical therapist said that a lot of Swedish folks vacation on the Canary Islands.

I want to be on the bow when we go through the Strait of Gibraltar, sea spray in the air, traveling at full speed yelling Alarm, (ya had to see Das Boot). Before that , Casablanca will be off our the starboard, guess we could round up the “usual suspects” and play it again. Of all the gin joints etc etc….. , we'll always have Paris.

bonzie1
04-11-2006, 09:45 AM
i am wondering what the weather will be like too...is there a reason we are doing a northern repo instead of southern???

Can anyone point me in the direction of our route? :confused3 Is it published anywhere?

Thanks!

CACruisin'
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM

Debbie

I am hoping we have pirate night Sunday after Castaway Cay as we start our "adventure" across the sea!

Love the Toga Night idea too :rotfl2: Boy does that bring back college memories!

For all of you past repo cruisers, what were some of the "added" things to fill the extra days? I remember reading about the Mystery at Sea game (that sounded like fun!) and the "pin party sleepover" (maybe not so much fun, but an amazing story!). What else do you think we might have?

My DH laughs when I talk about this trip "it is still more than a year away!", but I love to plan!

bonzie1
04-11-2006, 02:46 PM
For all of you past repo cruisers, what were some of the "added" things to fill the extra days? I remember reading about the Mystery at Sea game (that sounded like fun!) and the "pin party sleepover" (maybe not so much fun, but an amazing story!). What else do you think we might have?

My DH laughs when I talk about this trip "it is still more than a year away!", but I love to plan!

Isn't is FUN!!! Welcome to the club!... guess you could say we ALL love to plan too! Why else would we be here chatting about a cruise so FAR away... BECAUSE it's FUN!!! :thumbsup2

Here is a link with write-ups from the PC cruise. I saw it included some activies on the at Sea Days... There were special speakers, galley tours, cooking demos... :Pinkbounc There are 2 sections Week 1 and Week 2

Before you know it, we'll be crusing to the MED! :goodvibes

http://allearsnet.com/cruise/dcl_repo1.htm

videogal1
04-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I am hoping we have pirate night Sunday after Castaway Cay as we start our "adventure" across the sea!

Love the Toga Night idea too :rotfl2: Boy does that bring back college memories!

One of the minor activities was a 2-part training session for Cash for which several people crowded into the stateroom for each part, and provided mental distraction while he added to his reading vocabulary by learning to recognize words printed on flash cards.. At the end of the cruise he showed off the effectiveness of DIS-assisted learning by showing off during the talent show...You know, he still remembers those words he learned on board, too... After the show I heard that many passengers were trying to figure out the "trick"... :rotfl2:

CACruisin'
04-11-2006, 04:43 PM
One of the minor activities was a 2-part training session for Cash for which several people crowded into the stateroom for each part, and provided mental distraction while he added to his reading vocabulary by learning to recognize words printed on flash cards..

:rotfl2: DD will be just weeks shy of 4 and more than able to provide a distraction! :rotfl2: You and your dogs sound just wonderful.

bonzie1: thanks for the link and for the reaffirmation that I am not completely nuts! :rotfl: Off to finish reading the link now ... :surfweb:

videogal1
04-11-2006, 06:21 PM
:rotfl2: DD will be just weeks shy of 4 and more than able to provide a distraction! :rotfl2:
... :surfweb:

I'm really hoping I can get Little Bee on a fast track to public access so she'll be able to help me out on the Med cruise...She'd be fun to teach to read on the cruise... a real DIS-effort....put the prime rib scraps to good use...!

Why, add a few more Service Dogs and a couple of 5-year-olds and we could have a little schoolhouse on the Atlantic...
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

bonzie1
04-11-2006, 07:07 PM
One of the minor activities was a 2-part training session for Cash for which several people crowded into the stateroom for each part, and provided mental distraction while he added to his reading vocabulary by learning to recognize words printed on flash cards.. At the end of the cruise he showed off the effectiveness of DIS-assisted learning by showing off during the talent show...You know, he still remembers those words he learned on board, too... After the show I heard that many passengers were trying to figure out the "trick"... :rotfl2:

Lynda, I mised your training sessions on the PC cruise. Sure hope we can catch another one on the cruise to the Med! That's absolutely amazing!

BobandLee
04-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of our route? :confused3 Is it published anywhere?

Thanks!
This is the approximate route. Maybe someone else know for sure. Thought I had read soemthing about crossing paths with the Titantic. :scared1:
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/route.jpg

videogal1
04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Lynda, I mised your training sessions on the PC cruise. Sure hope we can catch another one on the cruise to the Med! That's absolutely amazing!

Well, if I get upgraded to the BAV we can all go rustle up chairs in the middle of the night sometime during the cruise and have a little "school session"...
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ...I wasn't part of it, but I remember the stories of chair kidnapping on the PC repo...!

videogal1
04-11-2006, 09:12 PM
T O P ! ! ! :rotfl:

This is the approximate route. Maybe someone else know for sure. Thought I had read soemthing about crossing paths with the Titantic. :scared1:
http://members.aol.com/robertj85/route.jpg

Kay said we'd come within 50 or 75 miles of the marker and Scott later posted its location...darned if I can locate it, though...somewhere around page 10...

Scott H
04-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I think we will be way south of the Titanic.

TADsMommy
04-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi all :wave:

I had to share our family's craziness with you (since you all are the only one's who will understand). :banana: :banana:

It's definitely not just us "grownups" (have any of us "grown up"??) getting excited a year ahead of time. :cheer2:

You all would have laughed to hear my kids conversation in the car today ... all about chicken fingers, ice cream, fresh water pool ... and wondering if all the adults were going to sit/stand around all day again (going thru the Canal) ... or sleep on the floor again (pins anyone) ... at the end they realized this trip was still a whole year away and they alternated giggles and groans for the rest of the ride home. :p

They are so excited to be on a virtually "kid empty" ship. The counselors last May repo practically begged them to come into the club just so they would have kids to play with.

Me ... I loved the Entertainment series ... all those yummy recipes and drinks ... and of course watching DUCKY draw!! :tink:

How are we going to make it thru this next year?!?!

Karen princess:

videogal1
04-11-2006, 10:21 PM

How are we going to make it thru this next year?!?!

Karen princess:

POST ON THE DIS and PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

EpcotKilterFan
04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I think we will be way south of the Titanic.

Yeah I think so. It may be a bit warm there for an iceberg.

I have updated the list. :cheer2:

Anyone that would like to be added to the roster can e-mail me at maymedrepo@wideopenwest.com

DIS board name
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining

Debbie

EpcotKilterFan
04-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I had my TA put me on the "list" of those interested in doing a Disneyland Paris add-on. No information is available, but they are just taking names. Not sure if I would do it or not, but at least I am on the list :3dglasses

If we do not do DLP, I will probably leave from the ship. But currently the flights are early in the day and may have to stay the day or leave on Sunday. Luckily the Monday after is Memorial Day so it gives me another day to recover.

Debbie

videogal1
04-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I had my TA put me on the "list" of those interested in doing a Disneyland Paris add-on. No information is available, but they are just taking names. Not sure if I would do it or not, but at least I am on the list :3dglasses

If we do not do DLP, I will probably leave from the ship. But currently the flights are early in the day and may have to stay the day or leave on Sunday. Luckily the Monday after is Memorial Day so it gives me another day to recover.

Debbie

Now that is a very useful piece of info, Debbie...Here I was sweating transport by train with all my stuff and canines...It'd be grand just to put it all in Mickey's hands...Well, of course, the transport won't be accessible...Now, Lynda...Hush that talk!...
:confused3

bonzie1
04-12-2006, 06:44 AM
POST ON THE DIS and PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

AND shop at WALMART!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

bonzie1
04-12-2006, 06:50 AM

I had to share our family's craziness with you (since you all are the only one's who will understand). :banana: :banana:

You all would have laughed to hear my kids conversation in the car today ... all about chicken fingers, ice cream, fresh water pool ... and wondering if all the adults were going to sit/stand around all day again (going thru the Canal) ... or sleep on the floor again (pins anyone) ... at the end they realized this trip was still a whole year away and they alternated giggles and groans for the rest of the ride home. :p

Karen princess:

Karen!

Thanks for sharing your children's thoughts. Isn't it amazing what they remember?

I love the phrase GIGGLES and GROANS...
doesn't that sum up a lot!

I'm so excited already... :Pinkbounc hope I don't burn out before we get on the ship!!!:faint:

bonzie1
04-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the route Bob! :thumbsup2 I thought DCL would have a route out there like they do for the 10 + 11 day cruises.

Scott H
04-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Georgie, Thanks for the Walmart plug, it helps my stock. Actually , been in a couple of Walmarts and there is nothing exciting in the way of flip flops, no blinkie ones.

Since the PC cruise I have become a fan of Crocs, Lynn got me wearing a pair and they are great, makes a great boat shoe, beach shoe, etc.

first timers
04-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Since the PC cruise I have become a fan of Crocs, Lynn got me wearing a pair and they are great, makes a great boat shoe, beach shoe, etc.

Scott- I have a pair I wear at work. They are so comfortable aven when I am on my feet for 12-16 hours. I bought a pair for Carolyn to use in the yard. Alex

milestogo
04-12-2006, 11:42 AM
"Kid empty ship" that is so perfect for our (DD will have just turned 4) as she is shy and gets overwhelmed with too many kids. Of course, a year from now she may be a different kid. But I've heard it is great for the kids clubs and pools as well as movies and shows. Can't wait.

bonzie1
04-12-2006, 12:22 PM
"Kid empty ship" that is so perfect for our (DD will have just turned 4) as she is shy and gets overwhelmed with too many kids. Of course, a year from now she may be a different kid. But I've heard it is great for the kids clubs and pools as well as movies and shows. Can't wait.

Hi milestogo! I guess we could call ourselves daystogo until this trip!

What will really be great is if they open the Kids labs to us BIG kids during our tranatlantic voyage. I didn't get to go when they opened up the lab to adults during the PC cruise, but there are others who will tell you what a GREAT time they had! :Pinkbounc Making flubber :Pinkbounc + painting cels! :Pinkbounc

CACruisin'
04-12-2006, 12:44 PM

Our DD will be about a month shy of 4 when we cruise. She is also much better in smaller groups. I am a SAHM so she is not in daycare. She will start preschool in the Fall. I am hoping that will help her be a bit more outgoing. She loved Flounders when she was just 2. I am hoping that she will be even more fond of OC!

videogal1
04-12-2006, 12:55 PM
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Lookey, lookey...pictures of me 'an Cash, an' other tiny people...Proof we were there...yayyyy!

videogal1
04-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Well, Enders, party of one and two (perhaps) halves listed for a three-day DLP add-on....Yayyyy... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

EpcotKilterFan
04-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi all!

Well I PM'd Bonitatime who actually lives in Tenerife! She has agreed to answer any questions we may have about her lovely island. And also plans on meeting the Magic at the port :woohoo: :wave:

So when we get to that point she may pop in and help us out!

Thanks Nikki!

We are getting things together for a garage sale in June :thumbsup2 :sunny: gotta pay for this cruise somehow! Boy we have alot of junk..err... merchandise :crazy:

Debbie

BobandLee
04-13-2006, 04:02 AM
party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL party:

:drinking1 WEBRAY, Have one for us. :teeth:

webray
04-13-2006, 05:21 AM
Thanks Bob and Lee!

krdisneybound
04-13-2006, 06:21 AM
CHERYL

HOPE TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND ALL YEAR ROUND

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/disney_gems33/14.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/disneyclipsch/clipmmballoons.gif

I ALSO POSTED IT HERE:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Scott H
04-13-2006, 06:37 AM
Happy B-day Cheryl, have a great one.

bonzie1
04-13-2006, 07:39 AM
:bday: :cake: :bday: :cake: :bday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL

Sending wishes for a SPECIAL day for you!

:jumping3: :jumping2: :Pinkbounc :rainbow: :Pinkbounc :jumping2: :jumping3:

videogal1
04-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Nothing fancy here, Best wishes Cheryl, just the best for the best!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

milestogo
04-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi - WOW, I didn't know they opened up the lab to the adults, I'd love that!!!

CACRUISIN,

well, I'm glad to hear there are going to be others my DD ages. I have an in-home office, so she is home too. We are starting preschool this fall also, so I'm hoping she comes out of her shell a bit. We tried flounders, but she wasn't that thrilled. But since then we've had more success leaving her. This less crowded cruise will be good, because the following 11 night on 5/26 will be packed I'm sure!