PDA

View Full Version : I'm in tears right now.....

PRINCESS VIJA
03-23-2006, 01:12 AM
I pop in and out of WISH, because I pop in and out of trying to loose weight. I am so sad right now. We booked a cruise for this year, and I had promised to loose weight. Hasn't happened yet. :sad2: I have been so stressed between student teaching, still working 12 hour shifts on weekends, and trying to be mommy and wife all together, and trying to figure out what we will do on vacation. I am a big planner for vacations. I still have no idea what we will do for excursions or when to do Palo and we are supposed to book on Sunday. :confused3 I AM SO STRESSED RIGHT NOW! I should be asleep, but have so much work to do. Anyway, I just go off reading about a trip report and I realize how soon our cruise is ~ 3 months away. There is no way I can loose over 100 pounds before then. UGGHHHH, why didn't I do it?????? WHY is this so hard for me? Why do I fight myself and maintain an unhealthy lifestyle???

Thanks for letting me vent....

DisTeach1
03-23-2006, 06:12 AM
I know when I have a lot on my plate, I can't concentrate on a "program" to lose weight. I was going to start the Sonoma Diet, but there are so many things going on, that I haven't. So, I go on autopilot, and the weight doesn't come off. I started a WISH journal, but get no support there.

Maybe you can focus on what you can do before the cruise. You can't lose 100 lbs, but you can lose 20 maybe. Start your program now, relax on the cruise, and pick it up when you get home.

DisneyGirl
03-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Hi Princess Vija--

First, you are making the first step by coming here and recognizing what you want, and what you need. Next, please relax! I know you are frustrated right now (and I know exactly how you feel!!!)

You don't (and can't and definitely shouldn't) lose 100 pounds in 3 months. For so long, I did the same thing-- I would pick a particular event in the future, and make an outrageous unreachable goal. Then, of course, I wouldn't be on track to that goal, and I'd give up, and end up where I was in the beginning.

here is the way I think now-- I want to lose weight, and I know how much I want to lose. However, for every pound I lose, whether it takes 1 day, or 1 month, that pound was not there before, and that means it's better. It's worked so far, and I have lost some weight! What you want to do is come up with some easy steps you can do now-- maybe start by trying to eat right. You are really busy, so it may take some time for you to get into exercising, but if you are eating right, you may have a little more energy, and want to get out there. Then you can ease into some exercise (even if you can jog in place for 15 minutes, that would be good-- how old are your children/child? Can they exercise with you?? Otherwise, you can do it when they are napping.

As you feel better about yourself, you will be less stressed. Now, for your vacation, I can write a book-- you won't go wrong no matter what you choose to do!!!

CrzyforPiglet
03-23-2006, 06:15 AM
I just wanted to write and let you know you are not alone - I could have written your post. We've had our May trip planned for a year and I figured out if I started really working out and dieting about 6 weeks after our son was born I could still drop some pounds and look better for our big family vacation. Well here I sit only 6 and a half weeks away from our trip not one pound less than where I started from and it almost brings me to tears how bad I think I'm going to look in the photos of my son's first trip to Disney!

That being said I also know that even though I only have a little over 6 weeks it is still 6 weeks I can try and live a better lifestyle and lose a couple of pounds in the process. If I never start, I'll never get any closer to my goal and I'll just be unhappy about it. Losing weight is hard and after motherhood is probably the second hardest thing I've ever tried to do. It is so much easier to eat junk food, especially when you have a life as hectic as yours, but I truly think there are better options out there. I'm trying to stop snacking on chips and crackers and move towards nutrigrain bars and then to fruit to help me. You have 3 months and even if you only lost a pound a week that would still be 12 pounds! You can do it - you just have to decide to start.

Good luck - Laurie

taeja71
03-23-2006, 12:20 PM
:hug:

disneyfanz04
03-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I pop in and out of WISH, because I pop in and out of trying to loose weight. I am so sad right now. We booked a cruise for this year, and I had promised to loose weight. Hasn't happened yet. :sad2: I have been so stressed between student teaching, still working 12 hour shifts on weekends, and trying to be mommy and wife all together, and trying to figure out what we will do on vacation. I am a big planner for vacations. I still have no idea what we will do for excursions or when to do Palo and we are supposed to book on Sunday. :confused3 I AM SO STRESSED RIGHT NOW! I should be asleep, but have so much work to do. Anyway, I just go off reading about a trip report and I realize how soon our cruise is ~ 3 months away. There is no way I can loose over 100 pounds before then. UGGHHHH, why didn't I do it?????? WHY is this so hard for me? Why do I fight myself and maintain an unhealthy lifestyle???

Thanks for letting me vent....

OK, first of all your here, so that is a start. Second, sit back and think about this...if you are such a planner, and want to make sure your WHOLE family has a good time on your vacation, then YOU MUST make time for yourself to be healthy and HAPPY!!!! If you are unhealthy and unhappy, then YOU are not going to have a good time on your vacation. You still have 3 months, and if you can stick to the standards of 2lbs a week, then you CAN lose 30lbs before you go. I know it is not the 100lbs you want to lose, but it is a START, and that is what you need-a start.

Are you doing WW or something to the sort??? What I did was I joined WW and bought the 10 week pass. This way I knew I would at least go for the 10 weeks that I paid for. I have been going for 6 weeks now, and have lost 16.8 lbs so far. I KNOW that I will stick to it because I do NOT want those 16.8lbs back. I also found that putting the ticker on the bottom of my siggie really helps...because I HAD 63lbs to go, now I only have 46.2 to go. Now that I have been doing it for 6 weeks, I look back on what I use to eat in a normal day and I want to cry. I was filling my body with JUNK!!!!!!!!! I think out of all seriousness that I was probably eating 5000 calories a day :sad2: . And I wasn't even eating because I was hungry, I was eating because I was bored, or sad, or mad, or depressed. My life was out of control, and what I ate was the only thing I could control. Trust me I know how hard it is, but if I can do it, then you can do it!!!

You NEED to do it for yourself, and NO other reason. If you have that frame of mind, then you will succeed!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!! Just remember, it is not too late...you have 3 months!!! :grouphug:

LuvTigger
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I can totally relate to what you're feeling.

I have a very time-demanding job, and I've done the yo-yo thing. Lose weight, gain it back.. Lose weight, gain it back. I kept making excuses that I could start my program because of the holidays, or because of certain deadlines at work, I figured I would just be eating whatever was around the office. Like you, I've popped in and out of WISH.

After a while, I realized that EVERYTHING was becoming an excuse, and at that rate, I would never get going. It was a simple decision. No one could make me do it. I had to be in the right mindset at the right time to finally make the decision that this was going to be it, and I'm going to reach my goal. While the decision was simple, achieving the goal was going to take some work.

I decided that with my busy lifestyle, planning was the key. I chose to follow a particular weight loss program (kind of a cross between Atkins and SB), and I had to figure out how I would be able to prepare the kind of meals I can eat without wasting a lot of time. Some of the things that help is that I try to roughly plan out my meals since I spend a lot of time at work. Based on that plan, I make a shopping list, including approximate portion sizes (I tend to overbuy if I don't do that). Then, as soon as I get home, or shortly thereafter, I wash all my vegetables. You would not believe how much time it saves later when preparing meals. I can just pull things out of the fridge and start chopping and cooking.

Then, I spend about 1-2 hours every Sunday preparing what I can for the week. So this Sunday, I cooked some fish and beef to eat throughout the week, and I prepackaged them into containers with veggies in the portions I can eat. All I have to do is open the fridge and grab a container and I'm all set!

And ditto the above...lose whatever you can now, and don't beat yourself up because you didn't meet your original goal. I've learned to be thankful for ANY weight I've lost, and I've made the commitment to at least keep off what I've lost. Another WISHer made a good point, to think of weight loss in tangible terms. So when she lost a pound, she'd think of it as 4 sticks of butter. For me, I've lost 5.5 pounds so far, so I think of it as a small bag of rice. I certainly wouldn't want to be carrying a 5 lb. bag of rice around with me all day, so I'm sure not going to gain those 5 pounds back!

Again, it's up to you to make that simple decision when it's right for you and when you find your reason. Best WISHes to you!!!

ohMom
03-23-2006, 05:32 PM
((VIJA)) you have already gotten lots of great wisdom and encouragment -- i hope just what you need to hear b/c you are worth it and it's NEVER too late!

now for your cruise -- deep breath -- and yes, jump on it now -- just take it day by day b/c you will feel soooo much better for YOU! now no stressing over the details of the cruise, pop on the cruise board and you will find LOTS of info to help you out. i love to talk cruising and easily get my fill there ;) whenever you go to Palo it will be fabulous, pick excursions that you know you will enjoy without overscheduling your days so you have to relax and enjoy the beautiful places you will be. book on sunday so you have something and you can change it later if you think it differently --- how fun Vija, cruising is fabulous allow yourself to enjoy it, don't use your energy beating yourself up. can't change the past but you can make a difference for your future!

nliedel
03-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Try setting your goals short term and lower. When you look at 100lbs altogether it's overwhelming enough to send you right to the Ben and Jerry's!

Take out a snack a day and exercise for 10 minutes. That's it. Your goal is now five pounds. When you meet that make another goal. Only 5 pounds. You can do this, so little.

I know this works, I lost a lot that way. A LOT!

No matter what you are not a failure. So many people never even think about starting. Hugs and feel free to PM me about the frustration any time you want. Not everyone needs to do what I do (triathlete) but I started just walking 5 minutes a day.

Seahunt
03-23-2006, 07:18 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I also know exactly how you feel - on the morning of leaving the house for our last cruise I was up at 3 AM on the elliptical, wishing that I would have tried harder to lose the weight instead of waiting until like a week before we went and then really getting serious :rotfl2:

My situation was even worse because we were sailing with some old friends that my DH & I hadn't seen for a couple years, and I really dreaded meeting up with them with my extra weight on... still makes me shudder to think about how embarassed I was! Yuck.... :guilty:

When you say you have 3 months to go, you are sooooo lucky! You still have time to do something about it, even though you might not lose it all, believe me anything you do lose will make you feel so much better about yourself that you need to take this pep talk :cheer2: and TRY, TRY, TRY! You can do it!

Try for small efforts like everyone says, but acknowledge to yourself that you are doing something about it, and you will feel 100% better rather than kicking yourself that you didn't do anything..... :wave: Good luck - we are all on your side!

PRINCESS VIJA
03-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Thank you for being so encouraging and providing some very positive motivation and great ideas. You are all truly angels and I needed to read your posts today. It truly is a decision and you are all right, I have 3 months until the cruise, but a lifetime of feeling good and healthy. Thanks for being there and giving me a shoulder to cry on and a gentle hug to get going.

beckmrk04
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
I know how this feels!!! :grouphug:

I joined WW online- because hey- I'm at the computer alot anyway! And my SIL and I joined Curves- it helps to have a buddy to work out with. I've been doing both for about 3 weeks, and have lost 7 lbs. I have even gotten off track. But even on those days, whenI was totally stressed and ate whatever, I reminded myself that tomorrow was another day, and luckily, it's not a "pass/fail" scenario!

You can do it! Every little step counts, and is better than doing nothing at all! Good luck to you! Take time to take care of yourself, because if you don't take care of you, you can't take care of anyone else.

TigH
03-24-2006, 01:12 AM
I haven't posted here for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time but thought that maybe if you took a look here http://www.oxygenmag.net/showthread.php?t=12292 that it might inspire you. I lost my weight via weight watchers BUT I educated myself about healthy eating and exercise in order to maintain my weightloss and set new health goals.

It is a lifestyle change. I used to think I couldn't give up the margaritas, Mexican dinners, Ben & Jerry's, etc. But guess what? When you do, your body eventually craves the healthy food. Now my once in a while treats are chips and salsa, and then I order the broiled salmon and veggies because I LOVE IT, not because it's the better choice.

Go easy on yourself. Take small steps. Make ONE healthy choice per week (ie: drink a certain amount of water per day one week, then the next week keep doing that but eat whole wheat bread instead of white bread, then the next week exchange a fatty condiment for a lowfat one, etc.) In a month you'll have made four GREAT healthy changes that begin to feel natural, then you just add a new one each week. There isn't as much pressure then to *be perfect* and a year from NOW you will see big changes.

Just do what you feel good about between now and your cruise and don't worry as much about how you look - focus on the memories you are creating with your children. I'd gladly add pounds to my figure if it would mean I'd have a chance to have a Mom who was loving and doting and planned a happy vacation for me. Kids don't see you for your size, they see you for who you are when you are with them, and you are a very sensitive and caring and sweet person.

xoxoxoxo Karen

nliedel
03-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Just remember this. You are NOT going to lose all that weight in three months (Some tuff love here) you cannot go back in time and fix your initial goals so just go out there and do what you can do and stop beating yourself up. I see so many people (I am a certified personal trainer, for a short time, before I gave it all up to have a kid explosion. I still hold my cert.) who go out and try and don't make a goal (which is why I suggested a 5 pound goal and then another) then eat themselves into the weight they had just lost.

This is NOT a quick fix for a cruise. This should be a slow build up to a lifestyle change. EEEKKK! Did I just say, gulp, "LIFESTYLE CHANGE?" The HORROR! (OK I am being dramatic. No coffee yet this morning). Yes I said it. So now you are going to be sweating away and cussing and here I am saying you have to do this forever and a certain finger may or may not be raised in my direction. Stop.. You don't have to be miserable about this.

What do you like to do? I started with Belly Dance and now I am really good at it. I added the other stuff to prove I could do it and I like it but it is NOT for everyone.

Don't let anyone tell you, "I did this and you need to do it too". I would die on a diet without potatoes and all meat. YUCK. I found a calorie level I could live with and worked from there.

I still eat a Milky Way (small size) every day and I took the winter off from running because it was becoming self torture instead of fun. I did other things. I take it one day at a time. One measly day I will do my _______ minutes of exercise and some days I have a breakthrough and some days it sucks rocks.

When you have made it a couple weeks doing the day to day thing start setting a longer term goal but a REACHABLE goal. Like to walk? What about signing up for a 5k? Bike ride? How about building up to a long ride with a bike club?

I have loads of stuff like this if you like the happy, dappy cheerleader approach PM me. I a good at e-mail encouragement to just to do it. I always ask that the favor be returned and my hind end be kicked when I can't face my morning run. :)

No matter what you are not a failure. You see something you want to change. Stop beating yourself up for what you didn't do and do some small thing.

I am going to once again caution against big change all at once. That approach tends not to stick. You have a lifetime to lose the weight. You didn't get heavy overnight. I am aghast at people who think they have to take it off today or in some painfully fast process. This should not be painful.

kamgen
03-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh my goodness....I wish I was there to give you a big hug, I know we all do! :grouphug:
I haven't posted in awhile and I am sorry for being distant...I remember we used to chat here about weight loss and here we are trying to lose still...but no worries...
Your cruise will be amazing no matter what and you will enjoy yourself...because life is short and we need to live each day to it's fullest...
So you want to lose weight? well then you need to give yourself a break...you are stressed and busy and the last thing you need is to make yourself feel worse. I know! Take it day by day and remember one pound down is better than nothing...and no matter how long it takes you...keep going...little by little...make smaller goals...maybe set a goal to lose 10lbs before the cruise...sounds too small? well, that will be ten lbs gone...now that is awesome..think about it...
I am battling too...a few years ago I lost 55lbs with the help of my WISH friends (like you! :goodvibes ) and now I have to do it again since I gained almost 70lbs during my pregnancy. But we can do this...slowly but surely...and you can do it too....just breathe...get your mind focused on how important it is to you and never lose faith....

DizznyChick
03-24-2006, 08:48 AM
im sorry-you sound like me - 12 hour shifts and i work nights
im trying to find my kick start
i have a son - divorced - super stressed and have been looking for the thing to get me going
but im going on the ladies only trip to wdw and that should do it for me
i hope
i think we need to find a goal-none of the goals worked for me but maybe this trip will do it
good luck

KathyFP
03-24-2006, 10:58 AM
:grouphug: I know that it is hard!! There is probably nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said. :grouphug:

Don't give up!!! You can do it. Keep posting - it helps ypu and also helps others that may feel the same way.

schatz5k
03-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Since you are so busy, try incorporating one of the WW or Lean Cuisine meals into your day for lunch or dinner. If desserts is what you want, than try the WW ones. And don't forget the water. You can drop some pounds before you go. Do you have steps at home, try to walk up and down them a couple of times a day. You CAN do this.

PRINCESS VIJA
03-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Wow, I am so overwhelmed by all of you. I almost didn't post on WISH because I have popped in and out so many times that I was afraid you wouldn't take me seriously... you know "there she goes again"... Thank you for accepting me and trying to help me out. I appreciate it more than you know. After reading several of the posts I was in tears again.... not because of a sense of hopelessness (sp?) but a sense of hope and possibility.

Karen you are right, my kids love me for who I am and support my efforts. They will have an amazing time on the ship and so will I. I can't wait to check out the link and get inspired!

nliedel, I think I might take you up on your offer of extra positive pep talks! I hope you don't mind. that is a very generous offer.

Kamy, it is great to hear from you! I know we can do it together. Let's not be strangers to WISH anymore. THese guys are the best!

DizznyChick, hang in there with the stress, I am making a poster today to help keep me on track and motivated. Perhaps that is something you might want to do? I hope you have fun on your trip.

KathyFP, you are right! I will definetely keep posting here, seeking help for me, but also to help others that are in a need of a boost.

beckmrk04, thanks for the wishes, and congrats to you! Way to go on getting going. I realize through your post that 3 weeks will go by no matter what and by your example I could be down, it is just a matter of doing it!

ohMom, thanks for being here. I somehow knew you would be! YOu have always given me strenght and encouragement and I will forever be thankful for that.

LuvTigger, I am the queen of excuses! but I have to say this, that about 2 weeks ago, I asked my DH to get all the chips out of the house. I haven't had too many since then. Before then I would eat probably a bag a day... :rolleyes: WITH sour cream :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but since then I have been better and I have probably eaten things I shouldn't have, I know I have cut down on calories and that feels great.

Seahunt, disneyfanz04, taeja71, DisneyGirl Thank you, thank you, thank you! I reread your posts today and I appreciate all of the uplifting words. I know that it is a decision to just start. And I am making that decision today. I am off today! One day inbetween student teaching assignments and I took a nap, I am going to do some cleaning, and some DISing! I also could have gotten the bag of chips and sr cream. I originally had planned to do that because I was going to have my own "destress" party, but with your posts I realized how stupid that really is. Everything counts, there is no good reason to eat that way and so be it. It is time for healty me!

disneyfanz04
03-24-2006, 01:15 PM
It is time for healthy me!

Right there is your sign that it really is time. The fact that you KNOW it is. YOU not Can, but WILL do it!!!

If you need anything, come here and we will do whatever we can to help you. I know just by coming on here and seeing other people post about loses and even problems, helps me.

You know I thought about those minnie goals, and thought maybe you could hop over to the easter weight loss thread. Maybe you can set a 5lb goal or something by easter, plus the clippie is really cute :goodvibes . Here is the link to that...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1035028

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

keenercam
03-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi, PV! Just wanted to check in and say hello. :wave: How are you doing today? I hope you are having a good one. I think of you often and the struggles that we all face every day, and I am so grateful to read posts like the ones here. They remind me that none of us has to be alone on this journey. That there are really wonderful, generous people around who are willing to lend a smile or a helping hand or a word of encouragement. So, I just wanted to send a :hug: and :goodvibes: for you today.

Hugs,
Cam

PRINCESS VIJA
03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Hi Cam,
Thanks for that! I needed it today. Actually I am doing pretty good. Not necessarily because I am trying really hard, but because my nerves are frazzled... the fight or flight response and boy do I want to flee! JK. I started my new student teaching placement and it is a little stressful. So I am glad at least that I am not overeating! LOL! Thanks for your support. Thanks for the hug, and I'll send a HI back to you! :wave2:

ohMom
03-29-2006, 01:43 PM
vija it's good to see you still checking in -- look at your siggie each and every day is a gift, a fresh start; this is something i must tell myself many many times too :)

keenercam
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi, Vija! So glad to see you checking in. We all need a place to come to where people know our struggles and support us and care about us. I am sorry your new student teaching assignment is stressful. Two of my dearest friends are teachers and I know the job is not easy. This is just training for the challenges that will become routine for, and routinely handled by, you in the future. Enjoy the learning experience and don't let it derail you. You are strong enough to face these challenges.
Sending :hug: and pixiedust:

I'll be away a couple of days (going to WDW to see DD17 march down Main Street!), so be good while I am gone. ;) Can't wait to hear next week how everything is going. :teeth: I am hoping to report back that I exercised 2x while away.

babywewe
04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
wow , i could have written that post myself. I have no advice b/c i'm in the same boat. Just wanted you to know your not alone. 100+ pounds over weight and depressed. I'm not up to student teaching BUT i'm a full time grad student, doing my observations AND work as a full time retail manager.

Tiger Lily 03
04-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm glad you figured out where to come when you need help. I am hoping that you are making some progress. We are here for you.

Take it one step at a time and you will be amazed that you will be doing it.

lmhall2000
04-10-2006, 08:15 AM
PRincess!!!! I feel like I know you like a buddy!!! We've been here for 3 years haven't we? Or is it 4? AAGH! And I'm still not at goal...but I sure have a better outlook on staying fit and not beating myself up half as much....

I NEVER can lose in the winter...I start losing when spring comes...so guess what, I'm starting now too! :) I probably put on 15 pounds this winter...depresses the jimmies out of me! My fat clothes are now my fitting clothes and I hate the way my body feels like a Jimmy Dean sausage in my clothes that were loose last October! But we can do it...

First and foremost...when you get that DOWN DOWN can't do anything right feeling... GET OUTSIDE AND MOVE!!!! I can't tell you how just adding exercise REALLY REALLY HELPS!!!! IT REALLY REALLY HELPS!!! Don't fight the food just yet...we know we eat to eat and it's comforting...but you need to work out that heart and increase those endorphins that make eating a necessity not just a pleasure. Once you put in 5 days of working out...just walking 20 minutes a day...10 in the morning, 10 at night...something where you're just out there moving...you will really be able to handle the depressive moments! I PROMISE!!! I could have written your post last night...and until I get 5 good days of moving under my belt they still sneak up on me...but once I've done it for a week I have a completely different outlook!

Go buy a goooooood pair of walking shoes and find a nice park to hit or your local botanical gardens...trail or something that has some interest to make it fun for you! I also just bought a cruiser bicycle...those grandma type ones...and I really enjoy biking again! I may look fat sitting on it now but with effort I won't be so embarrassed by how much hangs over the seat! :)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! You've done it before and you'll stick to it! Enjoy that cruise 30 pounds lighter! :)
Tara

summersfam4
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM
:) I hope all is going well! It's been awhile since your first post, but this is the first time I have read it. I know as nliedel said, that some days you exercise just because you know you need too, some days you do it because it's great, and you're motivated, and somedays it (in nliedel's words lol) sucks rocks! In the end it really does help you feel better. I am a comfort food eater (that's the beginning of my confession) and when the weather is bad and we are stuck inside, and the kids are arguing, ect. I eat, I'm crabby (some use a different word Lol), I am lazy, and I don't want to do anything. THEN, I pull out my cheesy 1998 TaeBo video in which at just the right times Billy Blanks says things like, "I like what you're doing right now"! The thing is that I want to be strong, I want to be tough, and I want to have fun, so it works for me! You just have to find what works for you. As ImHall2000 said, exercise will really help you feel great. It may be long walks with the kids to have some family fun and relaxation. It may be an exercise video when the kids are asleep, it may be joining a class where you not only exercise but also have time to spend with other adults (that's why I go to my class, I need adults to see and talk too :3dglasses ). I have also found that on the days that I eat better, I feel better, and I am in a better mood. Now that may be because I know I am doing something I want to do, but I KNOW for a fact that when I OVERINDULGE (and I mean over) on sugary sweets that instead of giving me hiper energy like it gives my kids, I get sleepy, and I just want to slowly move around in a dream like manor, so I have tried cutting out a great deal of those and it's working to better me in many ways :woohoo: ! Like many have said, set mini ::MinnieMo goals, and when you reach one celebrate with something small (new book, new exercise video, new shirt) and then set another goal! You can do this! Other people have done this before and we can do it now! My goal one day is to wear a T-shirt saying, "Strong Women do 26.2" after finishing a marathon. It's awhile away because I have 2 kids and I homeschool, and I do many other mommy, wife, homeowner, farmer, activities, but one day I will.
Kelly

PS, My first step at achieving success was to enter the Atlanta Peachtree Roadrace five years ago. I had never run a full mile since highschool gym class. I trained for 4 months (the time between entrance and race), I finished it and got my T-shirt 30 pounds lighter. Now 5 years later, and having a kiddo in the middle, I am 80 pounds lighter. If I can do it, you can too! Update us on how you are doing when you can! If you need someone to talk too you can pm me too :grouphug:

jennz
04-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Vija - it's okay! :grouphug: I'm glad you posted! We can sooooo relate to what's going on. Long term goals are great but I need short term ones to keep me going - and I just realized that last night as I was depressed at gaining weight. It's time for the old one step at a time...personally, even a weekly goal doesn't work for me because there's my excuse "oh I'll just have these chips today and be really good tomorrow." And by the way what's "really good?" I am working on changing my lifestyle and I know it's going to be tough BUT I can do it and so can you! I suggest make small goals, very small - "I will have my breakfast of ____ and then have a snack at 10:30 of _________ " then do lunch and a snack and then dinner and a snack and by the end of the day - you have 3 victories!! Write them down too...and add in that 10 minutes of exercise someone wrote about (break it up if you need to) and drink some water - even more victories! :cheer2: So by the time your cruise is here you'll be a much healthier person and about 20 #s lighter (and by doing it right it'll be 20#s of fat - 20 boxes of butter off your body, how awesome is that?!)

BTW I love the reward idea of a new book or new shirt...I'm stealing that! :thumbsup2 also love the "minnie ::MinnieMo " goals, more fun to look at it that way! :woohoo:

Hang in there and keep posting and take it one small minute at a time... :grouphug: