PDA

View Full Version : What was the strangest interaction you ever had with a character?

Pages : [1] 2

BYC
03-22-2006, 07:43 PM
I went to Disney for the first time with my then 4 year old son, my sister and her 6 year old son. This was about 19 years ago. We were at a charactor meal...I cannot remember where. As we ate, several different characters came around. The most memorable was Capt. Hook. My 6 year old nephew was misbehaving a bit at the table, and my sister was trying to correct him without causing too much of a commotion. Then, Capt. Hook came over to the table, and started playfully bopping him around. We were cracking up. Then...he pulled him out of the booth, onto the floor, and stepped on him! He didn't hurt him, but if you ever want to make a 6 year old boy behave...try using Capt. Hook as a disiplinarian! What a little angel he was the rest of the meal!

KAMommy
03-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Last October, we were at the Princess meal in Epcot. My son was maintaining, but not really enjoying himself. When Jasmine came around, she talked to my daughter, then turned to my son and commented on his shirt. He was wearing a Kingdom Hearts shirt I had made him. Turns out that Princess Jasmine likes Kingdome Hearts. Anyway, they talked a bit and then she left. As she was getting ready to take her break, she walked by us and my son called out to her to ask a question about how she had beat the game. They wound up talking Kingdom Hearts for about 10 minutes. I asked him if he had found his dream girl. He agreed that he had, because she knew video games and she was hot! :rotfl2:

TAKitty
03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
This isn't that strange, but I hate when the characters make the "kissing" sound. It really creeps me out. :guilty: Goofy and Chip both kissed me and all I could think was Oooo, Yuck! I would perfer that they didn't say anything.

krismas29
03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
One time at the character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, I was sitting by myself at the table as everyone else had gone to the bathroom. Either Chip or Dale came over, sat down across from me and started piling mashed potatoes and mac and cheese on my plate. He piled it up so high that it was falling over on to the table! He left after about 5 minutes, never made a gesture or anything .. it was bizarre. And of course, my young nieces didn't believe it!

weirdpaintballr
03-22-2006, 09:28 PM
When I was like 6 years old I had my picture taken with Donald Duck...When he went to hug me, he ended up trying to eat my head...It was very strange. :):):):)

owensamo
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
When I was like 6 years old I had my picture taken with Donald Duck...When he went to hug me, he ended up trying to eat my head...It was very strange. :):):):)

I had a rather traumatic run-in with Donald Duck at Disneyland when I was 3. Donald was trying to be gallant, and he leaned over and kissed my hand. Now, I don't know what the duck's beak is like now, but in 1976 it was made out of something hard - probably plastic, but when he misjudged and gave a very hard peck to my 3 year old hand, I would have sworn it was steel and concrete and my hand was broken! I remember it to this day - I cried for quite a while! (then, not now) I've avoided the duck ever since.

My daughter has had her picture taken with Donald, and fortunately he's never tried to kiss her hand.

Joanna71985
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I had Mickey "propose" to me in front of the castle! I have a picture of that.

makinorlando
03-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Not really "strange" but things I thought were funny -

1) we were at Cape May for breakfast one morning, and patiently waiting for Goofy to come visit us. A family of about 10 decided that they could not wait for him to get to their table any longer, and practically tackled him on his way (they had talked to the CM about their need to leave - which was fine with me - but they should have waited for him at their table) - Once Goofy got to our table, he sat down in the seat next to DD, and picked up her pen, and wrote on the paper table covering..... It's tough to be so popular!!!! I thought that was funny.

2) DD and I went to CP for my birthday dinner last month, and Tara had on a shirt that had pink and red stripes, and her pink crocs. Well Piglet proceeded to point to her stripes that they matched his, and when I pointed down to both of their "big pink feet" - he also made motions like - Oh my..... we took a picture of their matching feet.

On that same day DD had green and purple hair - they had crazy hair day at school, and several of the other characters fiddled with her hair due to the unique colors!

It is funny the things they pick up on!!!!

MickeyMouseGal
03-22-2006, 10:01 PM
A few years ago, my Mom and I were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We had just sat down with our plates when Minnie strolled over. My Mom, in a teasing way said, "Buzz off Minnie, we're hungry." Minnie put her hands to her mouth in the 'shocked' pose... and then proceded to look around in a sly way... and then flipped Mom the bird!!! We were laughing hysterically!!! Then Minnie gave us a quick wave :wave2: and was off to the next table!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: We still laugh about how Mom brought out the worst in Minnie!!!

HugsForEeyore
03-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Our strangest was also the best ....! :teeth:

Back in Jan 2002, Me, my brother, his wife, and my nephew Ben were in Fantasyland and we see Jafar and the Snow White Queen meeting together. Ben got scared so his mom took him to a bench a bit aways. I went up to the characters for autographs, my brother with me. While meeting them, I told Jafar and the Queen that I was getting autographs for my nephew, since he was too scared to meet them.

Oops! Major mistake!! Boy did that triggered some reaction!!! The Queen demanded "Bring us the child!!!" I thought they were kidding but she was serious!! I tried to politely say that we weren't exactly sure where he was sitting, but no matter - she commanded Jafar to go with me to find Ben!!!! :eek: So then me and Jafar start walking together through Fantasyland, much to the surprise of passing people! I tried to make small talk with Jafar, commenting on his shoes, as we walked. (Well, what do you say to Jafar to pass time??) :teeth: My brother wisely decides to run ahead and find Ben, who was nearby, and brought him over to me and Jafar. Ben was very surprised - what a nice family we are, we brought an evil villain over to him!!! :teeth: Jafar takes Ben's hand and they walk back to the Queen. I thought Ben would cry but instead he was happy!

Then Ben meets them both and does photos and autographs and then waves goodbye. Afterwards, we were all quite stunned (and delighted!) that the characters would actually follow you through Fantasyland just to meet one little boy! They probably spent over five minutes with us doing this! We still talk about this character interaction to this day!!! :)

Skylarr29
03-22-2006, 10:26 PM
One day we were walking into AK and it was pratically empty... all of a sudden we looked up behind us and turk was running towards us... I moved out of the way and turk jumped on my boyfriends back and he gave her a piggy back ride.... I wasnt quick enough with the camara and dh was a good sport but I thought that was strange :rotfl2:

makinorlando
03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Our strangest was also the best ....! :teeth:

:)

That's a great story... no wonder he loves the autograph "thing" so much!!!!

angel's momma
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Not exactly strange, more a funny coincidence -

DD has very long hair - she can sit on it. Every day on our last trip I braided it in 2 braids high on each side of her head. Practically every single one of the characters (and we got over 50) held her braids out when posing for the picture.

DD didn't see the humor in it. :) Why do they keep doing that???

Made for some cute pictures though -
Pluto was eating a braid
Goofy held out one of his ears to compare the length
Captain Hook wrapped it around his hook
Jafar attempted to tie them knots
Tweedle Dee & Dum made motions that they wanted to jump rope with them

anewvance
03-22-2006, 11:25 PM
More odd then anything. My son loves characters, any stuffed ones he'll go right up to and hug and gets so exicted. The face characters like the princesses, he gets shy but ends up loving them and hugging them. Except for Aladdin! This kid screams and hollars every time we go to see him. The first time I got him out of the stroller to go see him and the baby started screaming at him. But Aladdin was oddly relentless. He went up to the baby (17 months at the time) who was hiding behind me. He proceeds to pick him up and was talking to him. All along the baby is screaming even harder but it took Aladdin a good 5 minutes before he would give him back, and yes he was still screaming. I thought it was very weird!

I still am not quite sure what this was all about, made for a strange picture..

http://www.beautybabies.net/disneysept05/dis05day3twentyfour.jpg

HugsForEeyore
03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
That's a great story... no wonder he loves the autograph "thing" so much!!!!
Yes, thinking back, I think that's what got us started!! We started paying heck of alot more attention to characters after that!! :teeth:

The other reason we love those characters is probably because Ben is a "special" child - he has a rare syndrome which caused his head to form improperly and other health anomalies. I think he can be mistaken for having Downs Syndrome, though he has something different. But either way, the characters are just WONDERDUL with special kids, and it absolutely makes his day. Though on recent trips, my five nieces love to meet characters as well - it spread to the entire family!!! :sunny:

Joann
03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Mickey hit on my Husband LOL .. the first time he had ever been to disney and we took our kids into where Mickey and Minnie are and my husband was standing there and he was literally hitting on him trying to hug him and motioning with his hands about my husbands hair and doing silly flirty things! I laugh my butt off walked out and said to DH I hope that was a girl playing mickey today or you have a boyfriend hehe.... also that same time the queen of hearts went up to my son and went on her knees and stuck her hand out for him to kiss it he turned and looked at me scared to death and I laughed and told him he better do it she looks mean LOL so he did here is that pic
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/83029Image1.jpg

Family Fun Mom
03-23-2006, 12:44 AM
A few years ago, my Mom and I were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We had just sat down with our plates when Minnie strolled over. My Mom, in a teasing way said, "Buzz off Minnie, we're hungry." Minnie put her hands to her mouth in the 'shocked' pose... and then proceded to look around in a sly way... and then flipped Mom the bird!!! We were laughing hysterically!!! Then Minnie gave us a quick wave :wave2: and was off to the next table!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: We still laugh about how Mom brought out the worst in Minnie!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, that is hysterical!

Disney Gator
03-23-2006, 01:00 AM

That is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard. :rotfl2:

Bunch24
03-23-2006, 01:07 AM
My strange interaction was a rarity at WDW. We were eating at Liberty Tree Tavern prior to the Christmas party this past year. All the characters came visit and of course Minnie was last. When Minnie came, my 2-year old had to get out of his high chair and sit next to her on the bench.

They sat there and I took a couple of pictures. Minnie got up to go to the next table and my little boy is holding on to her. Well, she stands up and my little boy goes south, face first into the floor. Of course, it scared him more than hurt him and he started screaming.

Minnie came rushing back, hugging him and pointing to her heart over and over. He busted his lip and I think the whole situation just really scared him. While we were tending to him, Minnie leaned over and whispered in my ear "I am SOOOO sorry." I told her it was not her fault and that we just loved that she sat with him to take a picture.

I have heard very, very few stories of cast members breaking character, but I guess in this situation Minnie just felt really bad.

I didn't fault her at all. I've been in a mascot uniform before and I know that it's so hard to maneuver around with that big of a suit on.

I felt bad for her, because she hung around our table for a good five minutes before moving on. And she came back after she had made the rounds to give our little one one more kiss on the cheek.

Here's the pictures we got before the spill:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j281/Bunch24/KalebMinnie.jpg

and a kiss:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j281/Bunch24/IMG_4723.jpg

bubba73
03-23-2006, 04:48 AM
Several years ago during my kids first trip to WDW, we had an incident with a character. We werer over at POC and Captain Hook and Mr. Smeed was over there so we decided to let the kids get their picture made. Captain Hook stayed in character by being the villian. He first acted like he was going to put one of our bags into the fountain and my Aunt had to stop him. Then, during the posing for the picture, he gently put his hook in front of my son and was going to act like he was going to "hook" him. When he did that, he actually did hook him in the sense that the hook went in my son's nose. Honestly, I got mad about the situation because now my kids don't want to have anything to do with those two characters even til this day.

PercussionGirl
03-23-2006, 05:08 AM
my strangest interaction with a character was in DL, i was must have been about 7 at the time eating my lunch and brer bear came up to me and sat on my knee then he pulled my mum over to sit on his knee! quite heavy for a wee 7yo, i found it funny though! :)

Pea-n-Me
03-23-2006, 07:04 AM
We were in the Polynesian lobby when the Character Caravan came through. We got in line to see a particularly rambunctious Baloo. We got some pictures, and then Baloo started goofing around with DH, appearing to punch him, slap him, etc (I knew what he was doing because DH is built like a football player and people always comment about it and joke around with him, but since Baloo couldn't "talk" this was his way of kidding him).

Well DS, who was 5 at the time, thought Baloo was really "beating up Dad" and and began screaming hysterically. Baloo tried to go over to him but DS wanted no part of him. It took us a while to calm him down. Now DS thinks it's funny but for a long while he didn't like Baloo. :teeth:

DisneyDadFaNaTic
03-23-2006, 08:51 AM
We had taken my DS to eat at Cinderella's Castle, after the meal as we were leaving my DW went to the restroom and my DS and I went to the lobby to wait for her. My DS saw Jasmine and ran over to talk to her, I got the video camera out and began to film the whole thing. Jasmine talked to my son for a moment and then began flirting with me! No Lie. I've got the whole thing on video. I told my DW what had happened and she said I was crazy, when we returned to the hotel later I showed her the footage, she didn't know whether to laugh or be angry. I don't think she cares for Jasmine to this day!

a*lil*bit*goofy
03-23-2006, 09:16 AM
OMG I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

the only thing i can think of , happened when i was a kid. we went to chef mickeys, and i was so excited about having the characters over...and someone brought me something, maybe a waitress with juice or maybe mom or dad with something, and i was j ust staring up chip and dale and wasn't paying any attention.

they got mad at me and wouldn't sign my autograph book, because i didn't say THANKYOU to whomever. LOL

use your manners folks! my mom was in hysterics! she knew that i always used my manners, and the one time i get caught .... :rolleyes:

and when dh and i went to disney af ew years ago, we were at garden grill for lunch. when we went it was 2ish in the afternoon and it was dead in there! only a few other tables. so we had lots of interaction with the characters. mickey sat down with us fora while, we had a nice conversation...things like "is it hard to be with the guests watching them eat?" ~sometimes~ "how about now, are you hungry?" ~big nod! belly rub!~ "ok here have a bite" ~ hands on hips as if to say 'sure tease me' ~
every time mickey came by after that he would reach for my fork to try to take a bite, or would pretend to take my plate. LOL dh loved it.

dancekm01
03-23-2006, 09:39 AM
When I was 8 and my brother was 6 (20ys ago) Friar Tuck from Robin Hood comes running out of the gate picked my brother and I up and fell to the ground with us. He just jumped in the air and fell right on his butt with us sitting on his lap. It was so much fun. I still have the picture of us on the ground with Friar Tuck

jann1033
03-23-2006, 09:45 AM
funny but a little weird...we were eating at what is now the concourse( don't remember if it was called that 10 yrs ago) and chip and dale came in...it was late and only one other family was there but i dont' even think it was a character meal so not sure why they( c&d) were there..anyway they would not let the 4 teenage girls alone..everytime one got up to get food ( it was a buffet then) they would chase them all around the place. their handler kept coming over and dragging them "back stage" and 2 mins. later they'd be back...guess even the cms who play them are "bad boys"! :rotfl:

luvmarypoppins
03-23-2006, 09:46 AM
At the BC Cape May Breakfast Goofy accidently wacked me in the face with his very large face/nose. Boy let me tell you it hurt so bad I was almost crying. He did get down on the floor and apologize., but it really ruined the start of the day, I was in so much pain we had to detour back to the swan so I could go get some tylenol. It was several hours later before I was feeling better.

SandraVB79
03-23-2006, 09:48 AM
I had to kiss the feet of that bad king-lion out of Robin Hood. Thank the Mouse he had washed his feet that morning, lol!

I also once told Dale (or is it Chip?) that my mom looks like him, because she also has a red nose and her hair was being "Goofy" (that happens after a day out in the snow at DLP), and after that, the chipmunk made fun out of my mom!! And the next day again. hehehe

MyDreamIsAWish
03-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I have a few, not quite as memorable as the Minnie flipping the bird, though!! Omg..that is hilairous!!!

The first day at MGM last year, we saw Pooh....my youngest dd and I waited on line to meet him and finally got up there. DD is a dancer and was wearing a dance shirt. Pooh noticed and made her dance with him, it was so cute. I wish DH had the video camera out. He hugged her over and over.

Both my DD's met Stitch and raved how they got kisses from him, I was jealous of course and wanted "Stitch kisses" too.
We finally met him and he gave all us girls sweet kisses, then DH got a big "SLURP" lick...it was so funny! DH turned bright red!
When we met the Incredibles, DH was wearing his Incredibles shirt and Mrs. Incredible made a huge deal out of it and acted like she was 'stealing' him from me!! DH loved it!!

faeflora
03-23-2006, 10:31 AM
I kissed Dopey and he fainted...it was very cute...then he came back a little later to get another kiss

theycallmered
03-23-2006, 11:27 AM
This first story is not about a traditional character, but it's still funny (to me at least) nontheless.

It was back in 1998 and I was on a marching band trip to WDW. My friends and I had decided to spend some time in the newly opened AK. I had spotted, I don't know what you would call it, an actor perhaps, on stilts dressed up as a man riding a large bird. Well I wanted a picture of it.

It seemed like the bird/man/stilt thing was standing still so with my camera firmerly attached to my face I started to walk towards it. Well, you know how things in your camera lense appear farther away than what they actually are? By the time that I had snapped my picture and taken my camera away from my face I was literally 4 inches away from the thing and now had a very large bird face directly in my face.

Boy was I surprized and boy did I scream. My friends just laughed and laughed and laughed, and the man on the stilts just laughed and laughed and laughed.

My other story happened in Oct. My Hubby and I had spotted Capt. Hook and Smee just outside the PotC. I went to have my picture taken with them. While up there Hook motioned that he wanted money for the picture to which I told him that I had none. While this conversation was going on I had my back to Smee who upon hearing I had no money started to go through my backpack and located my wallet and proceeded to pull it out and hand it over to Hook.

My Hubby with the camera caught the whole thing. It makes for a truely funny sequence of pictures.

momof2cutegirls
03-23-2006, 08:40 PM
We were in the Toon Town Judge's Tent in line to see the Princesses. My daughters were dressed as Belle and Sleeping Beauty. The doors opened and the first princess sitting there was Aurora. Just as Ava (aka Sleeping Beauty) walked up to see Aurora, the song from Sleeping Beauty came over the speaker (Once Upon a Dream). Aurora stood up and said, "This is our song. Shall we dance?" She took Ava's hand and twirled her around and danced with her.

I am kicking myself for not having my camcorder out! I was practically in tears since it was such perfect timing. I will never forget it, and I don't think my daughter will either.

SyracuseWolvrine
03-23-2006, 09:58 PM
I was at Crystal Palace with a friend, and we were talking with Tigger ... I had asked him something about Pooh, and he was being very animated in his response. Tigger's tail managed to find the beverage of the teenager sitting at the next table, dumping the (I think it was sprite) in said teenager's lap. Both of the teenager's parents start laughing, as do I and the friend I'm dining with, and the nearest character handler. (The now soaked teenager, obviously, wasn't very amused)

willis37862
03-23-2006, 10:18 PM
What a great thread. Loving all the stories :goodvibes

WDWSuperFan
03-23-2006, 10:28 PM
We were eating breakfast at Ohana's one morning and Goofy visited our table. As Goofy was leaving our table, his pants fell down! After a brief minute, he grabbed them, pulled them up and ran through a door out of the dining area. He came back to our table and acted all embarrassed. :blush:

TravelinGal
03-23-2006, 10:28 PM
We took my DH's twin boys to WDW for their graduation present. We were eating lunch at (oh shoot - what's it called? The one that goes in a circle @ The Land...). Anyway - Chip and Dale came around and the boys were goofing around with the crayons they had at the table (as only 18 year old boys can do... :rolleyes2 ). I don't remember if it was Chip or Dale, but he grabbed a crayon from one of the boys and threw it into the scene! (near the farmhouse) Just chucked it out there. I'm sure half the diners there heard the boys exclaim "DUDE!!!"

:rotfl2:

dmk1021
03-23-2006, 11:11 PM
My sister and I were at DL for New Year's and visited Santa's Reindeer Round Up (something like that), a Christmas-themed area.

One thing we wanted to do was buy a Christmas cookie and decorate it. For $5, you got a large cookie, two tubs of frosting, and sprinkles (don't tell my mom I spent $5 on a cookie and it wasn't even from Sleepy Hollow!).

While my DS and I were decorating, Chip came over and looked like he could really go for the cookie. He bumped my sister down the bench of the picnic table, took the knife and started decorating her cookie! It was so cute. When he was done, he held it up and my sister and I started clapping.

There weren't a lot of people around, and it was so nice to have a random interaction like that without waiting in line or being at a character breakfast. It was really cute.

Here's my DS with her finished cookie (Chip did a lot of the hat, the splash of green on Mickey's left ear, and the errant red streak on his face). I would have taken a picture of Chip except I had frosting all over my hands (and yes, I licked them clean when I was done. I'm a young 25, and I washed my hands before eating!!)

http://homepage.mac.com/dmk1021/.Pictures/CIMG0163.jpg

ucfsweetie82
03-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I have a few good stories.

The first story was in dec 2005. My mom and I were walking through the osborne festival of lights and we found goofy dressed as santa. We got in line and when we got to goofy he only had 5 minutes left. I tried to hurry and get our picture taken but as I was walking away goofy grabbed my hand and we danced to winter wonderland.
My next story is my DFiance and I were going into AK and as we were walking, Baloo comes up and shoves DFiance out of the way and escorts me to the turn styles. The same day we had to run out to the car, and coming back I stopped at the restrooms. As I am coming out of the restrooms, the chipmunks are taking a break and walked right by us, and put their hands on their hips. My fiance did the same thing back and then they put their fists up pretending to want to fight.
Last Story.
My fiance and I were at the Garden Grill. Chip came over while our server was getting our drinks and saw we didn't have anything on our table so he bangs our salt and pepper shakers and climbs on our booth and waves to get the server's attention and got the attention of the rest of the restaraunt.

goofy's friends
03-24-2006, 01:11 AM
We have had some fun: Chip and Dale played keep away with my DS4 hat. It was hillarious and all 3 kids trying to get it back. They had it on their heads, noses, and tossing it back and forth. Then, we took a pic with all 3 kids and it is my all0time fav. pic with them all laughing so hard.

The bus in Epcot was just leaving when we walked up and we were trying to help DD7 take a pic with her camera and DD9 came running back to us and said Did you see me dancing with Mickey and Minnie----WHAT????? We missed it--could NOT believe that! she was very excited though!!!

At DL, my daughter was then almost 3 and the whole trip, would have NOTHING to do with some characters and LOVED some--we couldn't figure out the deciding factor for her. She was in love with Alladin at the time and we got tons of one on one time with he and Jasmine after a show for some reason. They played hide and seek on the stage and he played peeka boo and she was very verbal and they teased each other--then, she refused to take her pic with him, but would with Jasmine. HMMMMM....
Last day of trip, we did a character meal and Baloo came out and she asked if it was a boy or girl? We said Why? Because girls only should take pics with girls. :rotfl: Sure enough, all the pics she did were with girls and none with boys :rotfl:

brer rabbit 28
03-24-2006, 05:45 AM
mum and i were in chef mickeys at DLP.mum and i were chatting and suddenly she stopped and was staring right passed me.As i tried to turn to see whst she was looking at,one of the country bears snuck up behind me and pulled up the hood on my jacket!He held on to it really tight so i couldn't move or see anything!!!Poor mum was laughing too much to even think about taking a photo!!!
From that day on we have called him the naughty bear!!!

CdnDisneyFan
03-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Back in 97, my best friend and I were at MK, and at a Character meeting with Minnie, and after we had each taken a photo of the other with Minnie, we got autographs from her, and she wrote on mine "your finger was covering the lens" , so I had to retake the picture of the two of them. I STILL have that picture of my finger covering the lens, it's too funny! I wish I still had that autograph, that was priceless!

Jules

TAKitty
03-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I forgot about this one. During MVMCP this year, The Mayor of Main Street USA was talking to me and my Dh. I forgot who he has walking around with him--some woman character. Well we were all joking around and he said that she was his mistress. Now I know that at WDW none of the characters are supposed to have mistresses! He tried to "cover" it up, but we all had a big laugh about it.

liamsaunt
03-24-2006, 01:45 PM
On the 1994 trip, my DH (then DBF) and I were walking in Epcot, maybe France? Suddenly, I felt this really hard blow to my head. It knocked my head down onto my chest--it really hurt! I thought something had dropped on my head. I turned around, and there was one of the dwarfs (I don't remember his name--the one with the shirt with blue stripes on it). It was the dwarf, he pounded me on the head! I could not believe it. I asked him why he hit me on the head, and he just stood there. DH took my picture with him anyway--I do not look pleased in the photo, let me tell you. Stupid dwarf.

Goin2Disney2006
03-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Back when I was teenager, (maybe around 14) we were at a character breakfast at the Polynesian. My brother was only 3 or 4 then. Minnie came up to the table to give autographs. When she was walking away, he turned to my mom and said She is not the real Minnie and mom asked why he said she has sneakers on....apparently her costume shoes didn't cover sneakers (we have this on video too)

On that same trip we were having dinner and the Country Bears were going around to all the tables. Well this 1 bear would not leave me alone! He kept covering my eyes while I was eating, then he left and came back during dessert and did the same thing. It was quite annoying!

WinnePoohlvr
03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
My parents tell me about this story. I was 8 months old on my first trip to WDW. I loved Pooh, still do in fact. We were at a show and I was sitting on Mom's lap. Pooh walked by to go up on stage and I reached for him. He came over to me and let me rub his belly until I fell asleep. He never went up on stage.

The next story took place about 16-17 years ago. I was 13 years old and in a wheelchair because my heel bone hadn't hardened the way it was supposed to. The Dr. gave me a choice a cast or a wheelchair. We were going to WDW in July, no way did I want a cast. Anyways I was in the wheelchair and Minnie came up to us and pointed at my Dad's shirt. He was wearing a shirt that said Lefty on it. It turns out the Minnie is a lefty (or at least the person playing her was). Now whenever we go to Disney Dad looks to see what hand Minnie is signing her autographs with.

I also had an interaction about 17 years ago with the Dream Maker and Figament in the original Journey into Imagination. I had hair down to my waist and it was in a braid and put through the baseball cap. Well Dream Maker had a Figament puppet, and Figament kept eating my hair and knocking my hat off my head. I was so young and didn't realize that Dream Maker had a fake arm. I thought Figament was a real dragon. To this day I still love dragons especially cute purple ones.

We went to WDW every summer from the time I was 8 months old until I was 15. There are probably more funny character stories I just don't rememeber all of them. Usually the characters are very good with little kids, but sometimes the kids aren't very good with the characters. We saw a couple of little kids pulling Goofy's ears and stepping on the lion-king from Robin Hood's robe. Their parents were taking pictures and laughing.

Corey127
03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
chip from chip and dale punched me in the face!

lol by accident, it was an e-ride night at MK and chip and dale were out, with no line to see them. My two sisters and I went running up (i was 18 at the time, i want to add lol) and my sister Kasey got to them first. chip went to hug her and didn't notice that i was was running up right behind her (we are the same height), so i got a punch to the nose. it was really funny, i was temporarily stunned, holding my nose, and my eyes were watering like crazy. chip (who punched me) didn't even notice, but dale did and was making holding his fists up behind chip's back pretending to fight him.

HugsForEeyore
03-25-2006, 01:06 AM
I forgot about this one. During MVMCP this year, The Mayor of Main Street USA was talking to me and my Dh. I forgot who he has walking around with him--some woman character. Well we were all joking around and he said that she was his mistress. Now I know that at WDW none of the characters are supposed to have mistresses! He tried to "cover" it up, but we all had a big laugh about it.
I was at MVMCP this year, and I also saw the Mayor out greeting. I love chatting with him! The day I was there, he was with a character named Hildegard, who is running against him in the next election (as so her character's story goes!). So maybe that is who you saw? I am sure you been dying to know, right??? :teeth:

I never sensed there was anything going on between them, maybe next time I will probe further ..... :scratchin :teeth:

wdwjunkie2005
03-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Not really strange, but Kermit hit me in the mouth with his giant eyeball! Ouch! I had a bump on my lip for a while after that.

crazyj4488
03-25-2006, 01:46 AM
My girlfriend just about lost it when Pooh made the kissy kissy noise at her. She said it creeped her out. I laughed so hard about that one.

dizneybelle
03-25-2006, 10:02 AM
We went to MK in November. I made autograph albums for my DD to use and I planned to take her pic and put the pic on the page opposite of the autograph. She was SO excited about going to Disney, but since she is 2, I was concerned she would be scred of the characters. I let her take her favorite stuffed kitty because this cat has to go everywhere with us. It was so funny. She would walk up to the characters and hand them kitty. If they were nice to kitty, she assumed they would be nice to her. All of the characters played along so well. They would hug kitty and then hug her. All of the pics are of her, the character, and the kitty. Baloo was the best though. He sat and played with her and kitty for a LONG time on Main Street. She was in heaven. :love:

The only character that wouldn't play along was Rafiki. He must not have realized what she wanted because he took kitty before she handed it to him and she reused to get near him. It was pretty funny. I have 1 pic of just Rafiki and the kitty.

Twinklee
03-25-2006, 12:51 PM
During our dd's first trip to WDW(she was 5 at the time) we were in Adventureland and ran into Timon at an out of the way spot and actually had him all to ourselves for about 15 minutes. He and my dd layed down on the ground on their bellies and played tic tac toe in her autograph book for quite a while.

When my dd was about 10 were in the garden area of the UK pavilion in Epcot and she was sitting at a picnic table making her mask when Captain Hook sat down right beside of her.....and preceded to ignore her(actually turned his back to her) for about 15 minutes. He interacted with the other kids, helped them with their masks, ect. but completely ignored her no matter how hard she tried to get his attention. Finally when she finished her mask he turned around, acknowledged her and signed her autograph book. I have no idea why he was so pointedly ignoring her the whole time.

Toni

maxiesmom
03-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I have 2. On my very first trip to Disney we had dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. When Tigger came by, I wanted a hug. So not only does he hug me, he sticks his face in my neck and makes kissing noises. We have a great picture of me laughing hysterically while Tigger is getting fresh! :rotfl: My second one happened when I was on a trip with my sis. We were walking thru the Japan pavillion and the big scary guy from Mulan came out. Well, he made a bee-line for me and chased me around a bit. Now I'm a grown woman, and I know he really won't hurt me, but it did freak me out! But not so much as the little kid he went up to after I ran away. I thought that poor boy was going to pee his pants he was so scared! I was torn between laughter and feeling sorry for him. The child was probably traumatized at Disney! :lmao:

princess aurora
03-25-2006, 03:03 PM
We were standing with Capt'n Hook at the Grand Gathering Pirate Cruise and I was trying to interact with him b/c they hang out with you so it's not a quick picture then leave.

I wanted to say how nicley dressed he was but it kept coming out wrong. I said he looked very fancy which was not something a pirate wants to hear. My family and friends were killing themselves laughing as I'm trying to get my foot out of my mouth then Hook puts his arm around me. I'm thinking to let me know it's alright when he takes my hand as if to kiss it and starts to try and take off my wedding rings.
My kids were histerical "Mom, Mom he's trying to steal your jewels!"

JVL1018
03-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Not exactly strange, more a funny coincidence -

DD has very long hair - she can sit on it. Every day on our last trip I braided it in 2 braids high on each side of her head. Practically every single one of the characters (and we got over 50) held her braids out when posing for the picture.

DD didn't see the humor in it. :) Why do they keep doing that???

LOL! The day I did that with my daughter's hair most of the characters did that, too!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf20b3127cce9c1066c725f600000015108Aasm7Zk4bNE
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4cf20b3127cce9c1066dca4dd00000015108Aasm7Zk4bNE

Joanna71985
03-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah. I had that happen to me too. I have to find the pictures.

SamRoc
03-25-2006, 05:32 PM
My dd met Jafar about 7 years ago at the Polynesian during a costume contest (she won for Shirley Temple) Well I took this picture and she has a big smile on her face, but Jafar is just a little too creepy for me!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/Samroc/MelJafar.jpg

meeko_33785
03-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Having Goofy blow me kisses seemed pretty strange and out of character to me.

CAD3655
03-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Right before our trip to WDW my sister had fallen and broken her ankle. Not wanting to postpone the trip, she travelled in a wheelchair for the week.

I was pushing her in the wheelchair out of Buzz Lightyear, and was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Pluto, but my sister had no clue what was going on. He motioned that he would push the chair for me. Well he didn't just push the chair..he sprinted off across Tomorrowland at a dead run to Space Mountain. All I could hear was my sister screaming at me to slow down and stop being a (bleep bleep expletive bleep) jerk. She about died when she turned around and saw it wasn't me at the "wheel".

It was a hoot....

marquettedis
03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
mine really isn't strange but it was very funny!! at GF character breakfast, i spotted a cupcake that was being brought out for a birthday. at that same moment, the mad hatter visited to our table. i said that it was my unbirthday (and i am sure that i am not the first and only person to ever say that to him). the mad hatter said he would see what he could find in the back. after a few minutes he came back out with a cupcake and said something about it was laying out so it might be stale. so i should smell it to see if it was still good. well being a naive teenager i agreed and sure enough i got my nose shoved into the cupcake.
the pictures are priceless and my family still gets a good laugh about it :rotfl2:

laughinplace199
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
This past Dec., we went to AK on a very rainy day. We went to Rafiki's Planet Watch and had the place practically to ourselves. The kids were very excited to see Stanley and Rafiki there and they got their pictures taken with them. After the pictures were taken, Stanley came up to me, grabbed my hand, and brought me over to this window-type thing with a hologram of a spider (I HATE spiders!). After that, he dragged me over to where some CM's were holding a snake and letting people touch it. Stanley put me in the line to touch the snake. I actually had no problem doing this, but he stood there pointing to me, the snake, and then to his eyes as if to say that he's watching me so I better do it. It was weird but funny. My kids got a really big kick out of it!

Joanna71985
03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Right before our trip to WDW my sister had fallen and broken her ankle. Not wanting to postpone the trip, she travelled in a wheelchair for the week.

I was pushing her in the wheelchair out of Buzz Lightyear, and was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Pluto, but my sister had no clue what was going on. He motioned that he would push the chair for me. Well he didn't just push the chair..he sprinted off across Tomorrowland at a dead run to Space Mountain. All I could hear was my sister screaming at me to slow down and stop being a (bleep bleep expletive bleep) jerk. She about died when she turned around and saw it wasn't me at the "wheel".

It was a hoot....

Ha ha ha!! :lmao: That is GREAT!! I would have died from laughing, if that was me!

goofy's friends
03-27-2006, 02:23 PM

It was a hoot....

This is one of the best ones :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Matt
03-27-2006, 03:47 PM
I walked into the Toon Town Tent at about 10pm one night with my 7 year old daughter. As it became our turn for our pic with minnie, I said pretty loudly "Minnie, baby.. Kiss me" as I pointed to my cheek. She feigned shyness and then kissed my cheek and I even heard the big "SMACK" from her. Then she hugged me twice and was rubbing my back. My daughter was laughing very hard. As we walked away, I looked at Allie and said "When ya got it, ya got it." Then Minnie ran up to me, KISSED me again. and pointed at me and then did the "I love you" hand signals. ROFL hahaha

We next went to see Mickey in his tent thing and Allie told Mickey everything that happened. LOL He wouldn't take a picture with me. ROFL He kept motioning for me to leave Allie with him and for me to get out. hahaha

zmirby
03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I have a couple stories:

My family and I were at MgM in April of 2001. As we were leaving around 5:00pm, before we got to the exit gates we saw the following characters:
Phil (Hercules), Mushu, Stromboli, Capt. Hook, The Witch *the old hag with the apple* and Bo Peep. Well nobody was in the Witch's line -- so I got in line. We had ate a SciFi Dine In earlier and I was randomly chosen to receive a free frisbee, so I had the frisbee with me and when I got up to the Witch she took the frisbee out of my hand and motioned for the to step back, well the next thing I know the frisbee is coming right at me. We played frisbee for about 5 minutes, the the CM said "Hey Phil, Mushu, Stromboli, Capt. Hook, Witch, Bo Peep come on!'' Well all the other characters went back behind the closed gate -- all of them except the Witch, who was still playing frisbee with me. Finally after 10 more minutes the CM had to drag the witch to the gate. The whole time the CM was doing this the witch shrugs her shoulders and blows a kiss, then when the get close to the gate she hits the CM in the arm, and gives me the thumbs up! (I guess she was in a good mood that day!)

Then earlier at MgM, we were riding the Backlot Tour when we saw about 6 characters come out of a gate and go down NY Street. (thank god we were at the end of the tour). So we went over to where Doug and Patti were and we met them. Well here come J. Washington Foulfellow and Gideon over to me, while we were meeting Doug and Patti -- so Foulfellow takes his cane and puts it around my arm and Gideon is pointing his finger at Doug and pushing on me at the same time! (funny!)

Then one day during our trip in April of 2001, we were at MK and Chip and Dale were out front there in front of the Train Station after you enter the park, well I had a backpack on a I had some cheese crackers and a juice box in my bag, well the bag was open (BIG MISTAKE), while Dale was signing my book -- Chip goes behind me and very quitely lifts my bag up and takes out the pack of crackers and the juice box and he balances the crackers on his nose and gives Dale the juice box and it just so happened that Dale actually got the straw from the juice box open and he put the straw in the box and acted like he was drinking it.. (too funny...)

Those are my stories, now let's hear yours...

dustysky
03-27-2006, 04:04 PM

OMG!!

DebbieinWA
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
This isn't really strange, but it was funny! We went to the PSB in 2004 - our kids were all teenagers, so not necessarily into the whole character thing. However, our DS who was 18 had been singing "A Whole New World" on the way to breakfast. When Jasmine came by our table, I mentioned that he had been singing it, and she asked him to sing it with her. He told her no, that she would be embarassed because he could sing so much better than her (this from a kid who can't carry a tune at all!). I have great pictures of her next to him, hands on hips, angry/insulted look on her face.

shafke
03-31-2006, 08:40 AM
We almost had a food fight with Chip at Chef Mickey's.
We were eating breakfast and Chip tossed something toward our table from another table. Our friend then picked up a roll from our table as if to throw it back and Chip ducked behind the people at the table he was at.

Minnie came and broke it up though before it could escalate.

Chip also untied Minnie's apron at one point and she made him stand in the corner.

kirsangel
03-31-2006, 08:56 AM
DH and I had dinner reservations for Victoria's & Albert's and we got there a bit early so we walked around the lobby of the GF checking it all out. We were looking at the map of the place and DH glances over my shoulder and has a small smile on his face. I turn around and the Queen of Hearts(from Alice in Wonderland) is right in my face! Now this is a scary looking mask so I sort of jumped. She apparently snuck up on me. ScarY!

phisigprincess
03-31-2006, 09:36 AM
We were having a character breakfast in what is now Playhouse Disney Live's spot. (This was back in 1997). Jafar came over to our tables and picked up our can of crayons. He motioned for me to put out my hands to hold the crayons for him. When I did, he dumped them ALL in my hands and started shaking my hands so the crayons flew everywhere!!! Of course, my family still laughs at me for that one because I totally fell for it!!

fun2bmomof3
03-31-2006, 11:27 AM
I have to say we have had some great character moments during our 3 trips to wdw. Here are a few that stand out.

The first was last sept. we took our 4 children ages 17 monthes, 8, 11, and 12. We also took my dd 12's best friend so 5 kids in all. We are in future land and it's our turn to see Buzz Lightyear. He counts the kids in our party, holds up his 5 fingers and I nod yes. He goes over to DH and motions 5 again, makes strong arms, holds up dh's arm in a champion like gesture. Buzz then motions to the others waiting in line like he was asking if DH was a macho man or crazy for having 5 kids. He got the crowd to clap for DH. My dh is kind of a shy quiet guy so that made it all the funnier. I was laughing so hard I could hardly take pictures.

Another story is my youngest was just 5 monthes the first time we took him to wdw in 2004 . We were at typhoon lagoon at one of the counter service restuarants. Chip and Dale came over and played with the baby in his stroller while I snapped pictures. They then motioned for me to pick him up for them. I had him in my hands so that he his back was against my chest and he was facing the two characters. He was squealing with delight then all of a sudden he spit up. Not just a drizzle coming out, it was like a fountain spewing out all over Chip. I started apologizing and grabbed a burp cloth to wipe the spew off the character. Well Dale is laughing and rolling around on the ground. He gets up and comes over to help, luckily he grabbed a clean unused burb cloth because instead of helping clean Chip up he was wiping my face and head. I was so embarassed but laughing so hard. I guess Chip wasn't too mad, he did in the end take the cloth and gently wipe the baby's face. That's one moment I wish I had on video.

crissy

Piglet843
03-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Great Stories...
I am interested in more stories about times when Cast Members have come out of character.
They are absolutely never supposed to - but sometimes it just happens....

princess:

SlEePiNgBeAuTy!
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
we,my mom, my lil bro n I, were in a huge crowd watching the jungle book parade dancing lively down the street when baloo looked straight at me and waved... i waved back and he ran up to me, pulled me into the middle of the street and started twirling me round and having a dance with me!! i was speachless and afterwards couldnt get over how special it made me feel! Its the little things that make the day!! what a most memorable experiance!:yay:

#1DizGal
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Gepetto - quite the 'handsy' fella! Major hugging and kissing in front of Cindy's castle. Certainly made my day!

DaisyD
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
My 20 y/o DD at the time had to pratically unwrench herself from Friar Tuck's grubby little hands. He was all over her! I was taking her picture with him when he started to get fresh with her. He leaned in her ear and asked for her phone number! Beware of FT!

disneynewbee
03-31-2006, 05:55 PM
We had so many great interactions too. I had 2 preteens with me and the characters really seemed to have fun messing with them. My niece had asked me to get her a picture of JoJo and Goliath, we ran into them at the halloween party and noone else was around. My 2yo was passed out so she missed them completely. I told my 11yo dd and 13yo bil to get there picture taken with them so that Emily (my niece) would have a picture and so that Julianna (my 2yo) would get to see them if we didn't run into them again. Well they didn't want to because apparently they are "baby characters". So I told JoJo and Goliath that they thought they were too cool to get there picture taken with them. JoJo and Goliath messed with them so bad chasing them around and carrying on. He stole there pen and was making them jump to get it. By time they were done my dd and bil were laughing so hard and I got the best picture. I wish I had a scanner. I think they became there favorite characters that day even if they are baby characters. LOL.

DisneyMama629
04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey, this thread is so funny. Don't let it die. Anybody else have stories?

Sleeping Jedi Beauty
04-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I have a story where a character at DL almost slipped out of character. My brother(17) had been telling his friends that he was going to get the phone number of a Princess while we were at DL. Well, he ended up seeing one of the Princesses holding court in front of the castle with a bunch of little girls. She didn't see him coming in from the side where he drops to one knee and kisses her on the hand. She was startled, but quickly recovered and was holding court again within seconds, all the while ignoring my brother.

d-r
04-10-2006, 11:56 PM
This isn't really funny, but it was my strangest. A few years ago, back in our childless days, we were at disney with some friends. I guess we had already been to the studios that trip, but one morning we took the boat back over there because somebody wanted to see the muppet movie for some reason. Anyway, when we got there, I realized I didn't have my pass, so I told them I'd get a new one and just meet them after the muppet show. So I went around back to the exit of the muppet show, and it must have been the first couple of shows of the day, because there wasn't another soul in sight. Then Buzz and Woody came out. So I hung out by myself with Buzz and Woody and their handler for like 15 minutes. I got sort of bored and asked if they wanted me to look around the corner and see if any kids were there, but Buzz took both hands and motioned no in an exagerrated sort of way.

And one time Goofy gave me a little too much massage at breakfast, so I'm still a little not sure about him.

One other time when we were younger there were a bunch of us and we were kind of lit at pleasure island and were hanging out with a bunch of the characters' friends, which always makes me sort of laugh now when we are there with those friends and our kids go to see the characters = "Remember that time you bumbed a smoke from Alice's friend?"

jaycns
04-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Not so strange but really sweet and funny...

Stitch was coming out or going back to the cast only area at AK. My boys saw him just kind of hanging out there behind a tree...they approached and Stitch picks up a tree branch that had fallen to the ground and pretends to hide behind it...he let me boys find him again and again and again. Then he proceeds to pretend to look for my boys as he holds the tree branch in front of their faces...it was the funniest thing we had ever seen UNTIL...

Genie was (again entering a cast only area) when he saw my boys waving at him. He turned around and went over to a payphone and was trying to talk into the keypad part of it and listen to the place where you put the money in. We have picture after picture of my boys trying to teach Genie how to use a phone. My boys had such a blast doing this and Genie stayed with them for a LONG time trying to learn how to use the phone! I guess Genie's don't know everything!! :) It was so funny to see him acting stumped and then scratching his head and trying again only to get it wrong again and then make pouty hand gestures...he also tried to work magic on the phone a few times by pointing at it. It was a really a funny moment.

The awesome Clopin experience...my boys spent at least 15 minutes (I kid you not, nobody else was paying any attention to Clopin from The Hunchback of Notre Dame) playing with him. His handler had this little fake ferret (or some sort of little skinny brown furry creature) puppet and Clopin took the puppet from his handler and told the boys to watch while he "scared mom". Then he proceeds to pop this puppet into my face, on top of my head, next to my head, on my hand etc. every few minutes. My boys were almost in tears they were laughing so hard. Since he was a face character he talked with the boys quite a bit as well. When Esmerelda came out towards the end of the time he led her over to my boys and introduced them as his "cohorts in crime" and told her how they had been scaring me with the puppet (and demonstrated). Esmerelda got a good laugh out of that and then took the puppet and "scared" Clopin.

Just a downright sweet character interaction (3 actually) was with Snow White. I have three boys and when she saw us eating in Cindy's castle she made a big deal about "my princes...you brought my princes...oh the most handsome royal princes"...my boys thought she was great. Well, later on that night we were at the big store in Toontown at the end of the night and they were playing music and the characters were looking for someone to dance with (the place was almost empty)...Snow White spotted my boys and asked them each for a special dance. Not only did she remember them from lunch but she asked them each about how their days had gone and told them that they should not forget to come back and visit her again. Later that week we were back again at MK and Snow White was doing meet and greets in Toontown. When she saw my boys she came right up to them and said..."My princes you are back!! She then proceeded to introduce them to Cinderella and Aurora (they did have name tags on so she didn't have to remember their names but when she introduced them she said "Cinderella...these handsome princes ate :thumbsup2 :love: lunch at your palace a few days ago and have become my fast friends" It ws so wonderful to have that kind of interaction. My boys were head over heals for Snow White for months after that visit!! :)

rigs32
04-11-2006, 12:28 AM
When I was four, we stayed at the Poly and went to a character breakfast - I don't know where. But we have pictures of my dad and Pluto wrestling. Literally - rolling on the ground and I think there were some not-quite-fake-but-all-in-good-fun punches in there, too.

At dinner in LTT three years ago, I could tell Pluto was a boy - that would have been a strangely built woman if it was, so I told him that he beat up my dad when I was a little girl. It was SOOO funny to watch Pluto try to apologize.

I *know* it's their job, but as an adult, it's still fun and a little flattering to have a character try to pick you up - Tigger wanted me to leave with him, Donald cuddled up to me.

smilie
04-11-2006, 05:45 AM
When we went last September we saw Gideon and Gepetto as we were exiting. It was only the 4 in our group with them. When we were getting pictures with Gepetto, Gideon pretended to be drunk and stumbled and fell off the curb. He kept tripping and falling down. Dh has it on video. The CM with them kept telling Gideon he's had too much to drink. It was pretty cool.

JPN4265
04-11-2006, 06:01 AM
When our daughter was only 4, we were waiting in line to see Minnie, some rude little girl jump in front of our daughter with her mothers help. Well the most interesting thing happened, Minnie stopped everyone, stomped her foot and point her finger at the little girl and made her go to the back of the line. She then proceed to interact with our daughter for at least 5 minutes. You gotta love the mouse. :goodvibes

Disney Planner Mama
04-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Years ago, when they still had the Pooh character breakfast at Artist Point We took my sister and two nephews who were I think about 9 and 12 at the time (DD was about 2 at the time). The 12 year old was just entering that lovely stage where everything is too babyish and was cranky at having to get up early and just sitting at the table being rather sullen. He had pretty much ignored Eeyore and Pooh, but Tigger came around and refused to be ignored. After interacting with the rest of us he went over to the 12 year old, sat on his lap, took off his shoe and sock, proceeded to pretend to be horrified at the smell, and then ran away with both the shoe and the sock. My nephew had to chase him all around the restaurant as Tigger ran waving the shoe and sock in the air (how he didn't smash into a table or person I will never know). Eventually he gave it back and my nephew came back to the table shaking with laughter. We didn't have any sulks for the rest of the trip. Now THAT'S Disney Magic.

jaycns
04-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Bumping this thread...it's a funny/sweet one and I would love to hear some more stories! :sunny:

BTown
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I remember once, about 8 years ago or so, I was at Disney with my parents (I was about 16 at the time) and we were at a character breakfast. I cant remember where we were, but we were at one of the resorts.

Anyway, we were eating a late breakfast, and were one of the only families in the resturant. Characters from Winnie the Pooh were wandering around, and the other folks in the resturant were paying a lot of attention to Pooh and Tigger, but no one was paying much attention to Eyore.

So, after a while, Eyore comes by our table, and we dont pay him much attention, cause we are all trying to eat. So, he grabs one of the butter knives from the table, and attempts to cut his wrist. But, of course, it doesnt work. So, he put the knife down and hung his head. At this point, we were all in stitches, so I suppose that gave him cause to keep the gig running. So, he grabbed an empty chair from the table near us, and drug it to the balcony. He put the chair at the edge of the railing, looked back at us, and then climbed on top of the chair and acted like he was trying to throw himself over the edge. Of course, his leg couldnt get over the railing, and he just sat back in the chair defeated.

Honestly, this was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Not sure if it was juat some guy who was getting sick of his job and decided to have a laugh, but i still crack up everytime I think about this.

diz_prncez
04-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Ok I have 2 stories.

pluto: I was at MK with my parents and 2 little brothres. I was 16 years old. My brothers and I waited in line to get pics with Pluto. When our turn came and we walked up to Pluto to pose and take our picture. He hugs my little brothers and they walk back to mom and dad while Pluto is embracing me in a long and strange hug . . . not the same kind of hug he just gave my brothers. Then he pulls me back up against the building behind us, blocking me in and motions telling me to stay there. He turns around to the huge crowd, who are all cracking up, and motions to my family to leave without me. I would try to walk away and he'd turn back to face me holding out his arms to block me. I guess Pluto had a little crush and wanted me to stay there with him. My parents are taking pictures. I am just trying to get away and everybody is just laughing. After a couple more of the long strange hugs he reluctantly let me leave. It was very weird and try to avoid Pluto when I am there now. :love:

:scared: My second story was from a different trip. I went when I was 22 with my DBF and 2 other couples. We were on our way to a ride when we noticed Dopey and he only had like 3 people waiting for him, so one of the guys in my group said he wanted to go get a quick pic. He got in the short line and when it was his turn he yells happily "Dopeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" opens his arms wide and runs (all of four steps) up to Dopey to give him a big hug. He was just trying to be funny. Well I guess Dopey thought he was going to tackle him or something because Dopey got scared and started running away! When Dopey realized my friend meant no harm he stopped and held his arm out to my friend for the pic but not before Dopey's female "buddy" very angerly scolded my friend, telling to approach the characters slowly or be kicked out of the park. My friend apologized and explained that he didn't mean to frighten Dopey or cause any trouble. The "buddy" replied rudely and Dopey and my friend took a very akward picture and we all walked away in shock of what just happened. It was rather upsetting. :confused:

pampam
04-17-2006, 07:04 AM
A hundred years ago, (it seems) we were having a character breakfast on the Empress Lily Riverboat. The announcer would shout "Everybody, here is Minnie!" We would clap. "Everybody here is Donald" More applause. "Everyone, Here is Goofy" By this point we are ignoring her. I guess Pluto noticed, because after he was announced, he made a mad dash over to my husband and nearly knocked him out of his chair as he was eating. He jumped up on him as only a dog can do, licking him and climbing all over him. Totally in character.

erikthewise
04-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Not so much strange as cute:

-- On our first family trip we had dinner at Garden Grill as our first meal at WDW. Chip and Dale came to visit our table, and we were all trying to remember how to tell them apart. There was of course the noses (Chip black, Dale brown), and then I suggested that Dale had two teeth and Chip only had one. Chip became frantic and went through a complete 60-second charades-style presentation of how he also has TWO teeth, it's just that they are together in the middle instead of separated like Dale's are. Now I'll never forget!

-- One year we arrived at the Festival of the Lion King show in AK more than half an hour early to see if we could say hi to our son's teacher's father who worked there. It turned out he wasn't working that day so we had some time to kill. I spotted Santa Goofy (it was the holiday season) all by himself on one of the character trails, and since neither of our boys would talk to him, I went over to say hi. Somehow he managed to ask (without talking) what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I wanted a Honda Civic Hybrid. He went over to his handler, pulled her car keys out of her pocket, and gave them to me! She didn't know what to do! When I asked, she said it really was a Civic, but not a Hybrid! So I gave the keys back to her.

-- A couple years ago we took the Family Magic Tour at MK, and at the end everyone in the group got to spend some "quality time" with Peter Pan and Wendy. Peter was a real chatterbox and talked almost constantly. I remembered how in the movie Peter says "Girls talk too much", so I suggested to Wendy that she must have waited fifty years to tell Peter that HE talks too much. She just laughed, and without breaking character at all said "Oh, I tell him that every day!"

asmarykay
04-17-2006, 11:41 AM
The characters always go above and beyond with kids, but these really stand out for us.

When my DS was three we ate at a Character Breakfast in MGM that had the Alladin characters. Jafar came up and took my DS's favorite stuffed animal (Simba) and punched it in the nose. DS was horrified - later Jafar came back and made nice.

We were in line at MK for the Goofy Rollercoaster and suddenly (not really sure where he came from) Goofy himself asked if he could ride with DS. Of course he did and DD was jealous.

Once when we were getting the princess autographs in the Judge's Tent in Toontown it must have been really slow. There was no one in line but me, DD, sister and mom. My sister had really wanted to see Mary Poppins who was there. When we went in they had just changed the princess line up and Mary Poppins wasn't there. We had Aurora, Cinderella, and Snow White. We asked the CM and he said he would see if Mary would join us. Well, she did come back along with several other characters. We have the greatest pictures of all of us with the whole group of characters and Dwayne the CM who made it happen! :cloud9:

100AcreWood
04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
These are great!

We took our dd to Disney for her first trip at age 2 1/2. She loved Pooh (still does) and we made a reservation at the Crystal Palace for lunch. We were the first ones there at 11am and Pooh came to our table right away. I told him he was my dd's favorite character and he proceeded to "steal" my camera and my dd! He took her over to the topiary/plant area in the middle of the restaurant, gave the camera to his "buddy" and they did a photo shoot! He even PICKED her up for the pictures! I heard that is against their rules so what a shocker. A CM asked my dh if he was worried when Pooh took our child and our camera and dh said "nah, it's only Pooh."

We cracked up!

tinkgurl
04-17-2006, 05:30 PM
My story isn't that strange, it's just rather hilarious! I was around 10 or 11, eating breakfast with my family at Artist Point, I think, and Pocohantas, John Smith, and Meeko were the characters walking around. When John got to our table, he pulled up a chair and just started up a conversation with us in his English accent. He just kept talking faster and faster and faster; pretty soon I was giggling. He then decides he wants to feed me my strawberries; so he picks one up with my fork and has me take a bite. After I swallowed it he decided to just shove more and more strawberries in my mouth WHILE still talking about nonsense. I thought it was the most hilarious thing ever! We even have a picture of him holding a strawberry and I'm covering my mouth to catch all the strawberry juice! :p

MyGoofy26
04-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Back when I did my college program I did merch at MGM. My area was awesome so no one ever left, but other areas seemed to have a little more trouble keeping employees so we'd always get sent to cover shifts in those areas that were short since we had so many CMs. One day I had to work the Christmas store in the Muppet area. . .actually it was the cart of Christmas stuff outside the Christmas store. It was very early in the day, park had just opened so there was no one around. One of the Green Army Men came wandering over since apparently no one was hanging around their area either, LOL. For about 15-20 minutes he hung out, but NEVER got out of character so he would not speak. Very awkward at times being the only one doing the talking. . . and he just wouldn't leave, LOL! He kept miming out conversations even though I was the only person there.

Well at one point he goes and sits down on the bench just before some people start walking past. He holds VERY still and the people look at him and point and comment. They really believed he was just a statue. . . until he jerked forward towards them. The woman screamed her head off, I was about on the ground laughing as was her whole family (and eventually her once she realized what happened)

A little while later, the Green Army Man took one of the Christmas Mickey eats and put it on over his helmut. . . another woman walked past and loved it so much she had to get a picture. . . and made me get in the picture too! I was mortified. . . my costume looked like I was wearing an actual Christmas tree skirt, LMAO. To this day I wonder where that picture is of me and that slightly odd Green Army Man.

MyGoofy26
04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh, and I just remembered another one from my college program days. This was back when they still had the Mulan parade. I was leaving after my shift and walking backstage to get back to costuming and the parade had already started. The last couple floats were still parked backstage waiting for their turn and as I walk past the last float with Mulan and Shang, I can hear everyone laughing and Mulan is yelling down to the handlers that are getting ready to lead the horses to the gate, "I demand a straight Shang! It's in my contract!" and she's pounding her fist on the float.

Another day I was working in one of the stores (Indy Outpost) and it was very quiet - no guests around at all since it was between shows and when those let out is when we were slammed. So this one day a few characters show up and hang out in there BSing with us until it's time for them to go backstage again. It was Aladdin, Shang, and Clopin (jester from Hunchback) The three of us working and Aladdin and Shang were standing around BSing and Clopin is half involved in conversation by yelling across the store and half browsing. . . all of a sudden he finds the small rugs that were for sale and holds in the air waving it and yells, "Aladdin! Aladdin!! I found Carpet!" We were all cracking up.

zipuzee
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
A hundred years ago, (it seems) we were having a character breakfast on the Empress Lily Riverboat. The announcer would shout "Everybody, here is Minnie!" We would clap. "Everybody here is Donald" More applause. "Everyone, Here is Goofy" By this point we are ignoring her. I guess Pluto noticed, because after he was announced, he made a mad dash over to my husband and nearly knocked him out of his chair as he was eating. He jumped up on him as only a dog can do, licking him and climbing all over him. Totally in character.

In 1988, my son was 3 and it was his first trip to WDW. We did the character breakfast on the Empress Lily and by the time Pluto came around he was getting restless. Well, Pluto comes over to me and "licks" me and my son freaks out cuz he thinks this huge dog is attacking his mom. Pluto doesn't have a clue, goes over to my son, who now starts screaming at the top of his lungs. My son made up with Pluto four years later on our next trip, but that meal is probably the biggest memory I have of any WDW trip.

Philadisney
06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
not so much strange as just kinda weird. on our last trip, i have a Disney Visa card so we were able to go to a private visa meet and greet. cardmembers can get a private audience with a handful of characters, no one else in the room (except a photopass photographer). we went twice on our last trip (you can go once a day - it's at epcot) and the second time we got donald, minnie, and goofy. i was wearing an alice in wonderland shirt and after greeting the characters and taking our picture, the photographer was like, "oh, alice! you know sometimes she is at the UK pavilion." i said we hadn't seen her at all this trip, so she said "i can check for you and see when she'll be there - wait a minute" and scampers off. so DBF and i are standing around with the three characters...not really sure what to do. we kinda stood there looking at them for a minute in silence, and they looked at us. maybe we waved. i rummaged through my purse for a bit like i was looking for something. it was so akward! we couldn't really think of anything to say to the poor characters, and of course they couldn't say anything to us. there's only so much miming or waving you can do for five minutes, which is how long it took for the photographer to come back, but it seemed like an eternity. oh well, we got a good picture out of it. next time i'll have to think ahead of time for things to say!

njdisneyfreak
06-25-2006, 04:10 PM
The last time I was at WDW was four years ago (we leave again in 4 more days!!! :sunny: ). It was just my DH and me, and the characters truly helped us to feel the magic of Disney and remind us of what it's like to be a kid again. Mind you, we were only in our 20's, but without kids, the characters helped us feel like we were kids! Here are some examples:

- On a EMH night at MK my husband and I were walking on Main Street, near that circular area in front of the castle, where the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey are. Out of nowhere, Chip and Dale come running out and one of them begins chasing my DH around the circle. Then the other would tap my DH's shoulder and the chase would begin in the other direction. Again, out of nowhere, a policeman/guard shows up. I begin wondering if we're in some sort of trouble, because he looked serious. But, when he saw what was happening, and how much my DH and I were laughing, he began doubling over in laughter himself! It was great, and one of the few times I didn't have my camera with me to capture the moment.

- Another time, during the same trip, my DH and I went to stand with Pluto and Goofy for a picture. Well, I guess Pluto was feeling a bit goofy and every time they would try to take a picture, he would tickle me! At first, it was kind of funny. Then, I reached a point when all I wanted was a picture and for him to stop tickling me. I guess it looked like I had, had enough of the tickling, because then he got down on all fours, acting like he was sorry. That really got me laughing, he stood up and the picture was taken.

- Then, there was the time that DH and I were standing in line to get a picture with the Little Mermaid. Well, the line was long and we already had experienced some situations with a couple of different women who didn't understand what two grown adults were doing in a character line and made it clear that these things were for the children. One even told her child to just get in front of us! I was getting annoyed, since I believe that any age should feel comfortable getting pictures with the characters. Then, our turn came to go inside and get our picture. The Little Mermaid character was so nice, and clearly not having seen what had occurred outside, totally made up for the bad experience. She spent a long time with us, talking with us about how we were enjoying our stay and what we had seen and done so far. I felt bad about taking so much time, but she told me, "Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere and they can wait a bit longer." My DH and I walked away smiling, and to this day, I wonder if a CM may have noticed what had happened, took pity on us and let the Little Mermaid know.

dreamsofdisney
06-25-2006, 05:00 PM
When my DS was only 6, we took our first trip to WDW. DS has Autism, and at the time was in the middle of an intense obsession with the Disney Villains. While visiting MGM, we were walking out of the Villains' Store, when Jafar came up and grabbed him by the back of the shirt and picked him up. Some little ones would be terrified by this, but my son just smiled and laughed!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/dreamsofdisney/anthjafar.jpg
Six years later, we were at MGM again and the characters were in front of the Sorcerer's Hat posing for pictures. We were still a few people back in the line when the CM announced that Jafar would have to go in a few minutes. Thankfully, we made it up to see Jafar right before he had to leave. I took this shot with no adjustments to the camera (or later on after developing.) We saw a number of other characters during that same 1/2 hour and this is the ONLY shot that turned out blue. My DS was sure that Jafar had placed a magical spell on the camera!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i12/dreamsofdisney/135-2.jpg
:wizard:

inloveindisney
06-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, this one has gone down in the history books at my house and it took a while for my husband to give forgiveness!!
It was our first time at disney for quite some time and all my husband wanted to do was see his favorite characters: chip and dale. We eventually saw them and waited in line with all of the kids and finally got to the front. Well, we went to get in the picture together and chip and dale pushed my husband away and gathered around me while kissing me on the cheeks! In the picture, you can only see my husband's head sticking out behind dale's! It was hilarious!
the next year, we went back and he got his picture with them by himself! We call it the "makeup" picture.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-25-2006, 05:09 PM
The very 1st time my family ever stayed on Walt Disney World property was in May of 1998 at the Contemporary. As we were going into the elevator, Pluto for some reason was in the lobby & he tried to steal my luggage as a joke. Anyway I thought it was very funny at the time & I said to him what do you think your doing? So I thought what a great memory for my very 1st trip staying inside WDW.

va32h
06-25-2006, 05:12 PM
When we went to WDW for my daughter's 6th birthday, her birthday wish was to be in MK from the minute it opened until the minute it closed.

We were in Toontown for the last 1/2 or so that the park opened - Natalie was about to get on Goofy's Barnstormer, when Pooh came up and decided to get on the ride with her.

That was fun, but the strangest interaction came a few minutes later. As we were heading to Main Street to leave, I felt something tapping on me. I looked over, and Tigger was bouncing along next to me, and his tail was hitting me on the arm. I think that part was an accident. But I was feeling jokey, so I said "I think Tigger is kicking us out. It must be time to go." Tigger heard that, and proceeded to whack me on the behind with his tail, all the way out Main Street.

BeckWhy
06-25-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't really have any strange interactions, but this comes the closest. This thing came up and pulled on my piggy tails:
http://www.geocities.com/bla112/images/beckything.jpg

TDC Nala
06-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Last February a friend and I went to eat at Tusker House at AK. I suppose because it started raining, the scheduled character greetings moved indoors to the vestibule area of Tusker House. Because there weren't a lot of guests around, this ended up with Baloo and King Louie taking orders, Robin Hood wiping down tables after diners left, Friar Tuck being pushed around by some preteen kids in one of those big plastic strollers, and Chip running around the kitchen (Dale was absent). I know I told the person at the counter that I wasn't going to eat there because the kitchen was obviously infested with giant rodents. Chip came out to the area where the food pickup is and started handing people fruit with their food. My friend got some grapes with hers.

Loves Disney
06-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay, they made us CHASE them! lol. Yes sir rey! lol.

When my sister and I were much much younger, we were entering into EPCOT from the boardwalk and there they were...the ever popular Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

I was wearing a hat, my sister was wearing a hat...normal, yes...what came next was out of the ordinary -- or was it? lol

My parents pushed us towards them to get a picture. We were obedient in the best possible way -- you know, refusing to due to shyness, pulling back, yelling no and what not -- we were perfect angles!!

Okay, so we finally got to the characters and stood near them for a picture...just then, I feel something lift from my head!! One of the little rascals took my hat off!! I mean, I wasn't having a good hair day to begin with and my gosh, talk about hat hair!!!

Okay so anyway, the other dude took my sister's hat off as well!! They both ganged together and ran off with the hats...okay so they ran in circles. I chased the guy who took my hat around and around and you know what...he even had my autograph book -- did I give that too him??

Anyway, so there they are running and running and there is me...chasing and chasing; so is my sister. Then they come back at us as if they are going to give us back our hats...but NOOOOoooo...They trick us...the little fools! lol. More running...

I think I lost a good 1/2 pound that day!! lol, okay so maybe not, but finally after about 5-7 minutes in a game of cat and mouse, they pose nicely for a picture putting my sister's hat on me and vice versa...oh yeah, and giving us the "bunny ears" with their fingers!

Had my parents not pushed us to them like that...I would have been spared humiliation and embarrassing visable child hat hair...I would have been spared all the running in hot humid weather...I would not have had the chance to experience something so precious and SO memorable...I would have missed out on a magical moment!!

pluto's fan
06-25-2006, 05:51 PM
We were having breakfast at Chef Mickey and Chip and Dale came over to interact with everyone. My aunt was right on the side of Chip and started making face at him...little did she know that chip saw her. He turned around and shook his finger at her as to say 'naughty, naughty, naughty'...We all fell out laughing :rotfl2: I don't think my aunt will be making faces at any of the characters anymore. :rolleyes1
Now we call chip "auntie's friend"

chigirl
06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
These are all great!!!
I had two on our family's first trip this past September:

when we arrived at MK and my DS, 7, ran up to Mickey where the greet at the entrance, I was so overwhelmed with happiness (we saved for years, had just been through a house fire, etc) that I broke out into hysterical, joyful (is it possible to be both) sobs. I was such a mess that all the characters who were out Goofy and Max, Mickey and Pluto all hugged me while a CM yelled out, "Group hug!" and Mickey made kissy noises.

A few days later, my son and I had a run-in with an overly enthusiastic parent while waiting in line to have Lilo and Stitch sign our autograph book. I won't go into details, but let me just say this woman's husband threatened to punch me!
It was nasty! So Stitch saw this and did the "naughty, naughty" sign with his finger to the man and then spent extra time with my son and I, even though they announced they were going on a break. Apparently word got around that I had been threatened, so park security came and went after the family (who had 2 little kids..man these people were nasty, dropping F-bombs at me in front of their girls and my son, while my husband sat 12 feet away, oblivious as he was deep in conversation with a pin collector while a man was an inch from my face with a ball-up fist). Goofy came up and my son told him the story as I was crying and shaking and Goofy gave me a huge hug and walked us to the entrance (we said we were leaving)...this was all the way by the Lion King show, it was a long walk! He gave us a hug and motioned to my husband to do the same, then the CM with him asked if they could do anything for us. It was all handled well, but yikes!

aristocat
06-25-2006, 06:13 PM
At the BC Cape May Breakfast Goofy accidently wacked me in the face with his very large face/nose. Boy let me tell you it hurt so bad I was almost crying. He did get down on the floor and apologize., but it really ruined the start of the day, I was in so much pain we had to detour back to the swan so I could go get some tylenol. It was several hours later before I was feeling better.

Well, the real Goofy is a klutz... maybe he was just deeply in character? :rotfl:

I'm kidding... But I'm glad your pain went away after a while and you were able to enjoy the rest of your day. :)

aristocat
06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
When our daughter was only 4, we were waiting in line to see Minnie, some rude little girl jump in front of our daughter with her mothers help. Well the most interesting thing happened, Minnie stopped everyone, stomped her foot and point her finger at the little girl and made her go to the back of the line. She then proceed to interact with our daughter for at least 5 minutes. You gotta love the mouse. :goodvibes

Minnie is awesome that way!

I was waiting in line just outside MK to get a picture with her. Minnie's CM was busy answering some questions for another guest, when a man ran up to Minnie and put his arm around her and called his large family over to get some pictures - completely ignoring the line of people waiting!... Minnie was great though!! She wouldnt let them pose with her and ran over to her CM pointing at the line cutters. The CM politely notified the family that there was a line and they'd have to wait..... My fiance and I were sooooooo impressed with how Minnie handled it!

BandGeek911
06-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I love these stories :goodvibes Maybe I'll have some good ones to share when I go to WDW!

eeyoreiscool
07-27-2006, 09:30 AM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

golden1
07-27-2006, 09:46 AM
We ate at the Crystal Palace the last time I was at WDW in 2000. I was sitting at my table alone and the rest of our party was up at the buffet. I was concentrating on my food but I noticed a something off to my left so I turned and there was Tigger about an inch away from my face! I screamed and jumped up and Tigger just about busted a gut laughing at me along with everyone else in the restaurant. My dh still thinks that was the funniest thing!

Princess19
07-27-2006, 09:59 AM
I have one with Eeyore. My family and I went to eat breakfast with the characters at WL for my birthday. Everything was fine...we saw Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, etc. Last, but not least Eeyore came out and he was circling around our table like a shark. He kept messing with me like touching my hair, grabbing my napkin, and blowing me kisses (really creepy). Anyway, we got through breakfast and my family and I decided to head out where the boat rentals are to check out the prices and see if we wanted to ride. After renting our boats I turned around to head back to the pool area and there was Eeyore again. Ahhh! He was following me! My aunt made a joke of it and told him (Eeyore) she thinks he has a crush on me and he started doing the shy/bushing gestures. Whatever the case was, it was totally weird and creeped me out.

StephSparrow
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I have several.

about 10 years ago we were have breakfast at Chef Mickeys and Minnie came to our table, and was concerned that my 3 year old brother wasnt eating. So she picked up his fork and started feeding him potatoes, one by one, until he had eaten them all! His eyes were huge the whole time, and I'm sure that he only did it because he was terrified what would happen if he didnt.

Back in 2004 me and my friends were waiting to meet Aladdin, and we were singing A Whole New World to pass the time in line. Well when we got up to Aladdin, he said he had heard us singing, and wanted us all to sing together. So with a ton of people around we all start singing, but I'm the only girl, so when it gets to the part where Jasmine comes in, i was left singing alone, and I was so freaked out, as here I was singing in front of a group of people and Aladdin! Aladdin came over and took my hand and called me Princess as he kissed it, and told me I was a better singer than Jasmine!

On that same day, we met Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Well when it was out turn I yelled out ' Hey Captain Hook! You're a CODFISH!' and me and my friends started laughing at him. Well Mr. Smee came up to me shaking his finger and Captain Hook GRABBED my hand with force and tried to lead me away behind the building, I was trying to figure out how to get out of it, so he was holding my left hand, and I took my right, which had my watch on it and put it in his face and said 'tick tock, tick tock' to which he jumped in the air and RAN behind the building as fast as he could. Mr. Smee went running after him and had to coax him out.

Then last year at Christmas, we were at MVMCP and watching the 2nd parade in Frontierland. Well I was standing on the side of the road camera ready, when all of a sudden ALL THESE CHILDREN started crowding around me. Well i noticed there was no one on the other side of the road, so I scurried over there. I've never had so much character interaction in my life. EVERY character came up and hugged me, or talked with me. All the characters on the float motioned things to me.. it was great. Then at the end when the reindeers come out, they all came around me and started violently rubbing my head and hugging me... my parents were on the other side of the rope watching all of this with amazement, and we still talk about how I got 'molested by all those reindeer'

More recently we went up for Star Wars Weekends and had some great interactions. We started the day at Epcot and ended up in the Character connection completley alone with the characters, so We took pics with Mickey and Pluto. Minnie had us pose sassy. And then Chip and Dale would come and run up and tap on us on the shoulder and run away. And when we started to take pics with them, Dale took me and Chip took my friend, and then when we would try and get pics they would jump in fron of one another, all in the meantime, pluto and goofy are running around chasing each other. When we went over to goofy, his person inside was panting heavily from running and it was very creepy. Mary Poppins was there too, and I told her I could supercali- backwards and she folded her arms and said 'Alright, let's see it' So i said it, perfectly. And she look impressed and told me I'd have to come visit her in London.

Then the weirdest yet best ever! We were waiting to meet Darth Vador at Star Wars Weekends. And we watched people go up and meet him, and he was totally in character. A little girl tried to hug him and he ordered her out. Wouldnt hug her. It was so funny. So, my friend and I had brought props with us, her a gun and me a lightsaber and she went up and he did the mind choke thing to her and she got some funny pictures with the gun. Well, I went up there and starting like dancing around with my lightsaber fake hitting him and i stopped and was like 'what are you gonna do now?' and He pointed at me, and pointed at the back wall and I was like 'huh?' and then all of sudden two stormtroopers BUST out of the doors take either side of me, and escort me from the room, and told me 'Lord Vador doesnt welcome your prscense here. Stay out'

Love Disney characters.

nephthys43
07-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Gepetto - quite the 'handsy' fella! Major hugging and kissing in front of Cindy's castle. Certainly made my day!

OMG! i wonder if the same person was playing gepetto when i was there in 3/05. i was kneeling next to my niece to get pinocchio's autograph and not paying attention to what gepetto was doing. my sister told me when we walked back over to her that he was checking out my goodies and had elbowed pinocchio and nodded towards me. that'll teach me to wear a low-cut top at disney. :lmao:

PrincessV
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Not strange, but cute and funny!
Last Dec. was the first time my DS (3 at the time) was willing to interact with characters. We took pics with Mickey and a few others in the morning and had lunch with Winnie and friends at the CP. By the time Tigger got to our table, DS was very comfortable with the characters and didn't act at all surprised or excited to see him. Tigger acted all put out and bounced all around trying to get a shriek of delight form my DS. All DS wanted was to play with a little rubber manta ray he got at LS, so he showed it to Tigger.... who looked at me and shrugged as if to say "Oh well, I tried!, then proceeded to sit down next to DS and play with the toy with him!

AdventureGuru
07-27-2006, 11:41 AM
the first time I was at disney I was in second grade...and as all kids do-was getting autographs...it came time for me to get Snow whites autograph and my dad asked me to get her phone number! I was mortified...but snowwhite didnt miss a beat and said that the dwarfs dont let her have a phone b/c she would never get off of it to keep the cottage clean!

oxfordcircus
07-27-2006, 11:58 AM
We met Friar Tuck near the ToonTown train station and asked him for his autograph. As you know, the cursive F and T are dangerously similar in appearance. And the poor Friar Tuck must not have had much practice signing his name, so, naturally, one slip of the pen and we've got the name of a porn movie in our child's autograph book. The Friar was clearly distraught and apologetic. I half expected to see sweat beads coming through the costume. Next time, we'll bring a pencil with an eraser for the Friar's autograph.

rer1972
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
That Friar Tuck autograph story is hilarious.

Here's mine...

My ex-DW was in line to get a pic and autograph of Lilo. I had just bought a bottle of Soda and was waiting over to the side. Well, Stitch comes over and starts being real nice to me. Then, he asks if he can have some of my soda. Me being the nice guy I am hand it over. Big mistake. As soon as I hand it over to him he starts shaking it like crazy, and then pointing it at me. I start running off and he's chasing me. Everyone in the Lilo line is laughing there heads off at this time. Until, Stitch stops running looks over at everyone laughing and starts running towards the line with the bottle. He starts going up and down the line pointing it at everyone. It gave me a chance to rest and have a laugh of my own. He never did open the bottle. When he was done he handed it back, and then did a kind of an I'm sorry shrug and walked off.

disneyfan19712006
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Back in 1988 when the characters roamed more freely. Micky came up to my DD 3 and through motions told her she was too old for the pacifier she had in her mouth because she refused to give it up. He took it from her and she never wanted one again. We have picture of her with Mickey under the tree in front of American Adventure. Does anyone else miss the characters just roaming around?

WDW LOVR
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Quite a few years ago we headed to the World Showcase shortly after it opened. When we got to UK the Robin Hood and Little John were out. Our 2 kids were the only ones around so they got their autographs, lots of hugs and plenty of attention. The Characters would take one of the kids hat and play keep a way with it.....this kind of stuff went on for probably 10 minutes.

DW and I decided we were thirsty so we said our good-by's and went into the Pub for some Lemonade (it wasn't noon yet :) ). About 2 minutes later we hear a knocking at the windows. We turn around and Robin and Little John are waving at the kids to come back out. We let the kids go out while we finished our drinks, all the while watching the fun through the Pub windows. By the time we were done a few more people had begun to show up so we told the kids to let the other people have some fun too. The got one more great big hug and wave good by before we continued our lap around the world.

That was the best. I still can see the smiles on our kids faces 10 or so years later.

dominia_1979
07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
:goofy: Goofy kept trying to put the moves on my mom. He must've followed us around for 5 minutes and kept putting his arm around her and trying to hug her. We still laugh at the picture to this day! :rotfl: My mom looks so uncomfortable in that pic!

::MinnieMo Minnie fed my sister (now 25 years old) some scrambled eggs at the character breakfast at the Polynesian resort when she was 4 years old. She still talks about how awesome that experience was!

tinkgurl
07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
On this past trip, we ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time. Our waiter was asking us our drinks and Goofy came over and pushed our waiter away! He then pretended to be our waiter and we told him our drink orders. He then told us that we couldn't have any of it and all we were getting was bread and butter! He then started dancing and "air humping" HA! The guy at the table behind us laughed so hard everytime Goofy would walk in our area and "air hump"! Goofy was definately the most excited character I have ever met!

TBuss
07-27-2006, 01:58 PM
The first time my husband was at WDW was for our honeymoon (and, it was only my second time!). We were at the restaurant in the Land building in Epcot for lunch. Shortly after the waitress brought our food, I got up to use the ladies room. I came back to the table to find Minnie Mouse sitting in my seat, holding my husband's hand and staring into his eyes. I stood there with my hands on my hips shaking my finger at her and then pointed to my wedding band. She put her hand up to her mouth as if she was giggling, stood up and gave my husband a big kiss on the head ... she looked back to see my reaction as she walked away (swaying her hips as she walked).

Then, at the same meal, Chip and Dale came over and one of them took my plate from in front of me and started to hand feed me with my fork. I waved my hands and said "I'm full, I can't eat anymore." So, the other one put his hand on my stomach as if to check to see if it was full and then patted me on the head and walked away.

Twende
07-27-2006, 02:02 PM
In May Goofy proposed to our DD. He got down on one knee and all! Her poor Beau was so flustered. It was cute. Then Goofy took her by the arm and the two of them went skipping off across Epcot! :cool1:

I was wishing I had a video camera with me!

allaboutmm
07-27-2006, 02:09 PM
My boys were wearing Boston Red Sox baseball hats, well Donald Duck made it clear he did not like the Sox ( Yankee's fan he was :rotfl: ) so he took their hats and wouldn't give it back for a few mintues. Silly duck!

LadyOmega
07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I think this was an accident, but to this day, I am not quite sure.......A few years ago, my husband and I were in Toontown Fair and were going to see Pooh and friends. We get into the little room, and we go take pictures with Pooh, Eeyore, and Piglet. We get to Tigger, I snap Hubby's pic, then he gets ready to take my pic with Tigger. Well, like I said, I can't figure out if it was an accident or not. I know with the big hands on the character costumes and such it must be hard to tell where they are putting them, but.....well, ladies, you know how a push-up bra sort of pushes you up and out from the side so your cleavage gets bigger? Well, that's what was happening to me, Tigger's fingers were in the side of my ****, and was pushing it up and out!! My husband said he didn't notice, but like I said, to this day I'm not sure if it was an accident, or if Tigger did it on purpose!! :lmao: I heard a rumour somewhere that a Tigger got fired for grabbing a girl like that, so I wonder if it was the same one!! :rotfl2:

Race the Reaper
07-27-2006, 03:22 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

LukenDC
07-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I was having lunch at Crystal Palace last year when someone suddenly grabbed me from behind and I felt like I had been body slammed. I was locked in a tight squeeze and looked down. The pink paws identified the culprit. I had been body slammed by Piglet!

I still wonder what possessed Piglet to do that. :confused3

Mouse-n-Mini
07-27-2006, 03:48 PM
My family did the Aladdin character breakfast at MGM studios several years back. The funny thing was that we were getting character signatures and pictures and when my dad shook Jafar's hand, Jafar proceeded to wipe his hand off on his robe as if to say "eww, I just shook that guy's hand" It was funny and I still remember it.

DaniDownUnder
07-27-2006, 08:10 PM
In 1990 I was a junior in an Orlando high school and my family went to MK for Thanksgiving Day (we practically had the place to ourselves...it was great!) As we were wandering near Carousel of Progress in the afternoon we saw Roger Rabbit dressed like a Space Cadet (how appropriate). We stopped for pictures and such with my little cousins. He stood and took pics with them, then as we started to walk away he grabbed me for pics, so my family stopped to take more.

As my family whipped out the cameras again, Roger picked me up in his arms (think a groom carrying a bride over the threshold) and started walking off with me!

Turns out, it was a guy I knew from my HS drama class (and who I had a huge crush on).

Very cool interaction *giggle*

madfordonald
07-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Alice sang my dd who was 3 at the time a song. The Mad Hatter and Alice worked great as a team and my dd enjoyed them so much!
The evil queen was an awesome character! She'd make the men get down on their knee and kiss her hand. My dd and I got our pic with her, dd wasn't sure about her because she seemed so abrasive...she asked my dd if she wanted to do a pretty princess pose (and she put her hands together and placed them by her head) or if she wanted to do the evil queen pose. My dd chose the evil queen pose, probably for fear of what she'd do if she didn't. :rotfl:
Sorry it's so big, photoshop is on the fritz.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/vheather/LaurynMommywithEvilQueen.jpg

Torjohnson
07-29-2006, 03:39 AM
Darth Vader Kissed Me.

donnajon
07-29-2006, 06:46 AM
This is more my niece's interaction than the character's but it was pretty funny. We were eating breakfast at CRT when Belle came over. Gracie (age3) told Belle how she enjoyed reading too. Belle asked her what her favorite book was and Gracie,very seriously, said, "Everybody Poops."

psar
07-29-2006, 08:54 AM
This is more my niece's interaction than the character's but it was pretty funny. We were eating breakfast at CRT when Belle came over. Gracie (age3) told Belle how she enjoyed reading too. Belle asked her what her favorite book was and Gracie,very seriously, said, "Everybody Poops."

:rotfl2:

D,L and K's Mom
07-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Quite a afew years ago DD was wearing an Alice in Woderland shirt and shorts outfit. After enjoying a ride on the Teacups my DD waited in line to get autographs from Tweedle Dee and Dum. To her surprise the Queen of Hearts showed up and motioned for her to come over to her. My little DD walked over, the queen put her arm around her shoulder and made the off with her head (hand across the neck) sign. She scared the daylights out of DD. She would not sign and autograph until her "handler" put a mickey sticker on Alice's face on DD's shirt. I thought it was great, DD to this day talks about how the Queen of Hearts scared her!!

4kidsandadog
07-29-2006, 10:34 AM
My youngest child's first visit to WDW was when he was 2 1/2 months old. We had a late breakfast seating at Chef Mickey's one morning and all the characters would come around and sign questions asking how old was he, how old were the rest of the kids, making signs like I was brave to have 4 children... We got a lot of attention at the table. But what was better yet was that by the time breakfast was over, we were practically the last family there, so we got extra special attention out in the waiting area as we were leaving. We have pictures of Chip and Mickey each holding the baby... it was priceless.

Then a couple of years later, we were touring Epcot and the youngest was asleep in the stroller. Snow White came up and proceeded to kiss him on the cheek, leaving behind perfect red lip-prints. It made for a great picture.

That same trip, the performers in France (the ones with the handheld masks) interacted with the kids quite a bit. One of them was able to get the youngest back into the stroller when it was time to go, after he refused to listen to us.

MrsJackSparrow
07-29-2006, 10:58 AM
In '04 when we had breakfast at the Castle, Cinderella and Mary Poppins were in the waiting area after we had eaten so we got in line for a picture. Well, my DS was 4 at the time and had no interest whatsoever in "face" characters. Mary Poppins tried to engage him and he just was not interested, so I wasn't pushing him, just planned to photograph DD with them. Well, Mary Poppins should be renamed She Who Will Not Be Ignored. She told me that perhaps DS should spend a little time with the Supernanny! :furious: He was not rude to her in the least, just did not want anything to do with her. I quickly snapped DD's picture and we were on our way. I was astounded at the bold rudeness of Mary Poppins. Cinderella, elegant as ever, was completely unruffled by DS not wanting to be in the picture and was polite and graceful with DD. :love: Maybe someone peed on Mary Poppins once too many times that day! :sad2:

D,L and K's Mom
07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
DD was only 3 months old (I know, I know we are brave to bring an infant to WDW but she was GREAT) We had her dressed up like Minnie Mouse (adorable infant minnie dress and ears and bow and socks...even the matching Minnie Mouse Shoes) She was asleep in her nip nap type chair at our breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Minnie happened to see her and came over and pretended to give her a kiss. She went and got Chip, Dale, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy and all stood around DD who was fast asleep and we got the best photo ever. After the photo Mickey pretended to push Minnie aside and take DD instead. It was very very cute.

Joanna71985
07-29-2006, 12:34 PM
DD was only 3 months old (I know, I know we are brave to bring an infant to WDW but she was GREAT) We had her dressed up like Minnie Mouse (adorable infant minnie dress and ears and bow and socks...even the matching Minnie Mouse Shoes) She was asleep in her nip nap type chair at our breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Minnie happened to see her and came over and pretended to give her a kiss. She went and got Chip, Dale, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy and all stood around DD who was fast asleep and we got the best photo ever. After the photo Mickey pretended to push Minnie aside and take DD instead. It was very very cute.

Awwwwww!! How cute. :teeth: And I don't think it's bad for people to bring babies to the parks (just as long as they know what they're getting into and plan ahead. But anyway). I have seen people with babies as young as 1 month old. And last year I saw a 2-week-old baby boy.

kennezgirl
07-29-2006, 01:20 PM

THAT IS HILARIOUS! I LOVE MINNIE.

kennezgirl
07-29-2006, 01:29 PM
We were having breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and The Fairy Godmother came to see us. She took a look at our table and our FOUR daughters and asked if we had any wishes or something like that. My husband piped up that he would like to have a little boy! She laughed and said that she didn't think she had enough bibbidy bobbedy boo for that one. It was nice to get one of the characters tickled. We still look at the photo of her and our daughters and laugh.

D,L and K's Mom
07-29-2006, 04:25 PM
That is so funny. On one of our trips we searched and searched for Donald Duck. We didnt see him anywhere. We were not looking for the kids we were looking for SIL. Well, we finally found him one night when we were alone without the kids. We found him in Epcot by the back entrance. He was all alone. We ran over and my SIL said,"We have been looking everywhere for you, where have you been Rehab?" Donald looked shocked and then proceeded to stagger around pretend to take a drink and hiccup and fell down on the street.It was so funny! There was no one else around but us, Donald and his wrangler. We have had many great interactions with the characters.

rer1972
08-01-2006, 10:43 AM
I like this thread, and there haven't been any posts in a few days so I'll try and keep it alive...

hidmickey:myantidrug
08-01-2006, 11:25 AM
My whole extended family and I were at a character breakfast when we were camping at FW. Chip and Dale came over and set up my 2 aunts with these 2 other guys. C&D came over to visit all of us and then left and a minute later came back with these 2 guys and set them up...pretty weird but definatly memorable!

kg66
08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
When we were at MGM Studios , our neighbours grandsons were with us and the youngest had on a #8 shirt, and Lilo definitely doesn't like Dale Jr. She made faces at him (putting her fingers in her ears, and off the tip of her nose). But the older one had on a #24 hat, she likes Jeff Gordon. She pointed at her chest, saying he was #1. Well the funny thing was, when we were at the Stars on Parade, the kids yelled to Lilo showing them the # 8 hat, and without missing a beat she pointed at the kids and made the same faces as earlier in the day. The kids were hysterical!! :rotfl:

disneypookies
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Minnie Mouse hit on me lol(kidding).. she blew two kisses at me at our (DW And I) Chef Mickeys Character Breakfast in the Contemporary. Mickey would have been upset.
My DW said... "OH so you're cheating on me with Minnie are you! She's trying to take my man!" - Hilarious

bluejasmine
08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Back in 1988 when the characters roamed more freely. Micky came up to my DD 3 and through motions told her she was too old for the pacifier she had in her mouth because she refused to give it up. He took it from her and she never wanted one again. We have picture of her with Mickey under the tree in front of American Adventure. Does anyone else miss the characters just roaming around?
Thats amazing! Mickey helped my DD kick the paci habit too! LOL!

Simba22
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
We were eating breakfast at Ohana's one morning and Goofy visited our table. As Goofy was leaving our table, his pants fell down! After a brief minute, he grabbed them, pulled them up and ran through a door out of the dining area. He came back to our table and acted all embarrassed. :blush:

Aww! The poor guy! Goofy is one of my favorite characters to meet...the CM's they get to play him are awesome...i would swear it was the same person everytime! Cute story...i love this thread. I'm going to use it to convice DBF to do a character breakfast when we go back!

Simba22
08-01-2006, 01:49 PM
He was wearing a shirt that said Lefty on it. It turns out the Minnie is a lefty (or at least the person playing her was). Now whenever we go to Disney Dad looks to see what hand Minnie is signing her autographs with.

It's funny you mention this because my DBF is a lefty and Mickey is his favorite character. We have come to find out (through pictures and cartoons) that Mickey is in fact a lefty. Each time we go to Disney we make sure to see what hand he signs autographs with and each time he has signed with his left! Now THAT is good casting!

SFLTIGGER
08-01-2006, 02:12 PM
During EMH at MK last year, we were on our way out and ran into a bunch of Characters in front of the castle. There were not a lot of people (maybe 5 waiting for each character. When we got up to see Chip and Dale, one of them, Chip I think, jumped in the stroller (park rented) and ask my wife to push him around. When she stopped, he pretended to fall out and hit his nose on the ground. Then he proceeded to get my wife to kiss it to make it better. Funny enough, but at 1:00 in the morning it was hillarious :rotfl2: and the handler was just having a fit! We have pictures somewhere, maybe I will try to find them.

disjointed
08-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Last time we went to WDW in May '06, we were in MK. I was waiting in line for Chip and Dale with my little sister. My little sister is 6 and has her front two top teeth missing, when we finally got to see Chip and Dale, Dale couldn't get over them both having the same missing teeth!

It was hilarious!

Disney Lover JJ
08-01-2006, 04:45 PM
I took my girlfriend to MK and Chip and Dale tagged teamed on me....Chip started kissing and hugging my girlfriend while Dale kind of entertained me and pushed me aside. Then in the picture, you could see them all over my girlfriend while I was out to the side...I was pissed!

I went with a bunch of friends to Animal Kingdom and in Dino Land USA we caught the dinosaurs just entering the park...one of them started running at full speed in the direction of my friend the suddendly turns around and whips his tail into my friends face...my friend reacts by grabbing his tail and pulling..then the Dinosaur grabs him into a head lock, says a nasty word in Spanish (He realized we were from Puerto Rico), and starts punching him in the head...needless to say they went at it for 5 minutes..it was hilarious! It all ended with Dino on the ground and my friend kicking him (plaayfully kicking I must admit) and we have it all on video tape for the ages! No worries....we all shook hands in the end...but my friend can confess...those tails do hit hard.

deekaypee
08-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Here's a few:

1) I was joking around with Chip and Dale--some chorus-line dancing, some teasing them about their status as a couple, etc. And when it came time to have my picture taken with them, the picture-taker told us all to smile. I said, "I don't do happy," and struck a pose with attitude. Chip or Dale--don't know which one--snapped my bra. (Which did my me yelp in surprise and then laugh, so I do look sort of happy in the picture.)

2) On another trip, the Mayor of Main Street stopped me and my then-BF and asked us if we were married. My BF got all flustered and said "No." The Mayor replied, "I thought so. You're acting far too much in love to be married." (We were holding hands and walking leisurely down Main Street while everyone was rushing to the attractions.) As it turns out, this was the trip my BF was planning to propose to me--and did--so the question really threw him.

3) On my most recent trip (last week, to DL), I was wearing a t-shirt to a character breakfast that caused Alice to say, "How dreadful" in a very proper, faux-English acccent. I replied that Chip liked it, and I had worn it especially for him. [It has a picture of one squirrel holding an acorn above its head because another squirrel, disguised in a bandanna, is robbing the first squirrel at gunpoint. Trust me, it's hilarious.]

MickeyMouseGal
08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Quote:
"Originally Posted by MickeyMouseGal
A few years ago, my Mom and I were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We had just sat down with our plates when Minnie strolled over. My Mom, in a teasing way said, "Buzz off Minnie, we're hungry." Minnie put her hands to her mouth in the 'shocked' pose... and then proceded to look around in a sly way... and then flipped Mom the bird!!! We were laughing hysterically!!! Then Minnie gave us a quick wave and was off to the next table!!! We still laugh about how Mom brought out the worst in Minnie!!!"

THAT IS HILARIOUS! I LOVE MINNIE.

It was a riot! Least we forget that the characters are often played by college students who like to have a little adult oriented humor! :joker:

Becky521
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
I have two very memorable moments. The first happened at the garden grill the second on the street at the studios.

1. We went into the Garden Grill for the great character breakfast,one of our favs. Well, it wasn't real crowded and we had alot of time with Mickey, Minnie and the chipmunks. As the meal continued Chip and Dale got up to their old tricks and eventually got Minnie to join in. They were dancing, romping and such. As we rotated around the rest. we eventually came to the kitchen, and lucky forthem. Just as the kitchen went by Minnie and Chip started to b^#@! slap each other and somehow her "hand" got stuck on his "face". They stumpled around the floor for a moment looking like some kind of bizarre Disney conjoined twins. We could hear both laughing through the heads and it was obvious this wasn't going to be an easy fix. Dale ran up and threw his arms out trying to block our view as if to say "nothing to see here go back to you meal" Then the mouse and her unfortunate friend fell through the kitchen door on the floor. Dale steped in and tripped on them, and the door closed behind him. Poor Mickey drawn over by the comotion had no idea what was up and we were laughing to hard to tell him.

2. The second involved Buzz and Woody. We were at a character meet in the Studios and our DS around 8 at the time was wearing a shirt with buzz on the front and Woody on the back. Asmy DS was getting autographs Buzz noticed his shirt. Buzz then marched him over to Woody to show him that Buzz had made the front and Woody only the rear. They then both insisted on getting their picture taken together with our DS. However when we tried to snap the picture Woody, on the back spun our DS around, The next attempt promted the same from Buzz. This went on for two mins and until our DS was dizzy from all the spinning. :crazy:

All Aboard
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
2002, daughter was 4. She approached Eeyore in the ToonTown tent and told him, "you're not real." He leaned in really close to her and responded (in perfect Eeyore) "I am real". She froze.

LiLIrishChick63
08-01-2006, 09:35 PM

lmao!!

when i was 16 i went to WDW for the first time and i went up to get a picture with Donald. he refused to sign my autograph book unless i gave him a kiss. my mother and her friend laughed, but it creeped me out. to this day i don't like going near Donald lol.

disjointed
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
2002, daughter was 4. She approached Eeyore in the ToonTown tent and told him, "you're not real." He leaned in really close to her and responded (in perfect Eeyore) "I am real". She froze.
:eek: Wow!

Mecha Figment
08-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I took my girlfriend to MK and Chip and Dale tagged teamed on me....Chip started kissing and hugging my girlfriend while Dale kind of entertained me and pushed me aside. Then in the picture, you could see them all over my girlfriend while I was out to the side...I was pissed!

I went with a bunch of friends to Animal Kingdom and in Dino Land USA we caught the dinosaurs just entering the park...one of them started running at full speed in the direction of my friend the suddendly turns around and whips his tail into my friends face...my friend reacts by grabbing his tail and pulling..then the Dinosaur grabs him into a head lock, says a nasty word in Spanish (He realized we were from Puerto Rico), and starts punching him in the head...needless to say they went at it for 5 minutes..it was hilarious! It all ended with Dino on the ground and my friend kicking him (plaayfully kicking I must admit) and we have it all on video tape for the ages! No worries....we all shook hands in the end...but my friend can confess...those tails do hit hard.

your friend is a weekling then, because if it was any other time besides this year those dinos were inflated baloons. that changed this year though.

LiLIrishChick63
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Mickey hit on my Husband LOL .. the first time he had ever been to disney and we took our kids into where Mickey and Minnie are and my husband was standing there and he was literally hitting on him trying to hug him and motioning with his hands about my husbands hair and doing silly flirty things! I laugh my butt off walked out and said to DH I hope that was a girl playing mickey today or you have a boyfriend hehe.... also that same time the queen of hearts went up to my son and went on her knees and stuck her hand out for him to kiss it he turned and looked at me scared to death and I laughed and told him he better do it she looks mean LOL so he did here is that pic
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/83029Image1.jpg

that's not half as bad as what happened to me and DF at Universal. we had gone to Disney and Universal 2 years in a row. and both times we went and got those photos done at Universal i was a harem girl and he was an arabian prince. well, the photographer just happened to be the same guy both times. and he remembered my DF A WHOLE YEAR LATER! and even commented on the pictures we were getting done "didn't you wear these in your pictures last year??" and then another guy who was working says to him "yeah don't we have some pictures of them on file somewhere?" and the photographer quickly mumbles "no" and walks away...........i was laughing so hard, DF was just beet red and didn't say anything for the rest of the photo shoot lol

LiLIrishChick63
08-01-2006, 11:40 PM
funny but a little weird...we were eating at what is now the concourse( don't remember if it was called that 10 yrs ago) and chip and dale came in...it was late and only one other family was there but i dont' even think it was a character meal so not sure why they( c&d) were there..anyway they would not let the 4 teenage girls alone..everytime one got up to get food ( it was a buffet then) they would chase them all around the place. their handler kept coming over and dragging them "back stage" and 2 mins. later they'd be back...guess even the cms who play them are "bad boys"! :rotfl:

everytime DF and i go to WDW no matter what park, Chip and Dale constantly are hanging around me. DF gets really annoyed. the last time we went to Chef Mickey's for a Magical Gathering with DF's family and he was sitting next to me. Chip comes over and starts flirting with me and petting my hair(it's really long and curly) and then at one point he actually pushed DF off his chair and sat down next to me! everyone thought it was funny, except for DF lol.

LiLIrishChick63
08-01-2006, 11:42 PM
We were in the Toon Town Judge's Tent in line to see the Princesses. My daughters were dressed as Belle and Sleeping Beauty. The doors opened and the first princess sitting there was Aurora. Just as Ava (aka Sleeping Beauty) walked up to see Aurora, the song from Sleeping Beauty came over the speaker (Once Upon a Dream). Aurora stood up and said, "This is our song. Shall we dance?" She took Ava's hand and twirled her around and danced with her.

I am kicking myself for not having my camcorder out! I was practically in tears since it was such perfect timing. I will never forget it, and I don't think my daughter will either.

aww that's so cute!

Hessie628
08-02-2006, 12:18 AM
I had an incident w/Pluto-- two times. When I was about 6 years old we ate dinner at the Poly for the character luau. During part of the show a man was using a sword/knife and cutting up these huge leaves. After the show, one of my brothers, who is almost 3 years older than me, gave me some of the leaves that had fallen off the stage. He told me to put them in Pluto's mouth. I walked up to Pluto and hesitantly did it. Pluto was not happy and threw the leaves at me pretty hard. He hit me in the head!!!!!!!!!!! I was horrified and terrified of Pluto for a long time after that and my brothers thought it was great. When I returned to WDW with friends when I was 22, we saw Pluto at the MK near the castle. One of my friends literally dragged me to see him because I needed to "deal with the Pluto problem". She told Pluto something about me being scared. I told him, "I'm sorry, but I just don't like Pluto." Pluto's reaction was to grab my head and lick my face. I have a pic somewhere of my reaction. It was a mix of horror and laughter. I am still a little hesitant when it comes to Pluto, but I will never forget those memories of WDW.

ssjerauld
08-02-2006, 12:58 AM
OK--We're leaving AK and I find this GREAT Tigger hat--baseball cap style, but covered in Tigger fur, with a spring-loaded Tigger on top!! I LOVE it--and buy it-- and wear it!-- to my familiy's great chagrin-- although they do have to admit that it makes me easy to find. We are watching the 3 o'clock parade the next day at the MK ( which, by the way starts at 3 o'clock) and Alice comes over to say hello and notices my hat. She becomes very excited, and calls over Tigger beccuzz--""She has a hat that looks just like you!!" I got a BIG HUG--but even more important-- I got extremely jealous looks from my 2 step-daughters and my husband!!

AStarOnMars
08-02-2006, 01:08 AM
This was at Disneyland about 3 months ago ... My DF and I were getting ready to board the Matterhorn and my DF looked down at my jeans wide-eyed ...

I thought for sure there was a bug or stain on me ... so I quickly look down ready to freak out and ...

Peter Pan was squatting down by my butt ... really close too ... I looked at him in shock and he told me he was hiding from Wendy ...

To which I thought to myself: Peter, are you calling my butt big?

disjointed
08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
My family and I were in the crowd, watching the Share a Dream Come True Parade. It had been raining, and I was holding an umbrella. Dopey came up to me and shook it! All the water went all over me!

rer1972
08-02-2006, 10:46 AM
My exDW and I were just coming back from Rafiki's Planet Watch to catch the train, and she was wearing her goofy shirt. All of a sudden a garbage can rolled towards her and told that was the goofyest shirt he'd seen all day. It scared the you know what out of her. I couldn't stop laughing. The guys who control those characters are really good. Not only do they have to be able to use the remote without running over people, but they also have to be quick with their wit.

Cinderella89
08-02-2006, 11:20 AM
- A few years ago my family and I went to US. We did the Jimmy Nuetron ride and afterwards you can meet Spongebob. My baby sister (Four then) was uber excited. I was standing a little further away so I could video tape the interaction(I was 14 then and in lub with Spongeybob. :happytv: ) Well, after the interaction with my sister and a picture with her, he noticed me and made a mad dash towards me, keep in mind I'm still video taping here. The next thing I know spongebob is hugging me. On the video, you see this big nose hit the camera and you hear me laughing histerically. To this day, we call the video "When Spongebobs Attack!"

-That same year, differant trip, we went to the judges tent and because I have a special needs sister we get a little private time with the characters. We were meeting Chip, Dale, Minnie, and Pooh Bear I think... Anyways. My sister is having so much fun with Minnie and Pooh and our camera battery was dead, so I was just standing off to the side minding my ps and qs. Soon Chip(I only know because his nose was brown like a chocolate chip) had his arm around me and started miming how bored he was. Then Dale came over and I became the middle of a chip and dale sandwich. It was great. Until my Baby sister came around, we hung out. Chip motioned for my Mom to take a picture of the three of us. It was sweet....

- same trip, still in the judges tent. We also get to skip the line to meet Mickey. Again, just standing there, minding my ps and qs. Apparently I still had my birthday button on. I took pictures with my sisters but then Mickey motioned for a picture of just the two of us. And since I'm a huge disney freak, I got all excited! Haha! I felt so special! :blush: :cloud9:

-Same trip. (This was a birthday trip for me and my mom since our birthdays are only a week a part) Anyways...It was our last day and we went to a Character Breakfast at the Poly. It was my day to wear the birthday pin.(I was 15 at the time) And chip and dale(again...Lol), spent some time with us. Minnie demanded that we take a picture together in a typical Minnie pose! Haha. And Mickey again wanted a picture with just the two of us. :love: :blush: :cloud9: (lol). And I guess at the Poly they have a "parade" during the character breakfast and my baby sister and I got to be in the front and dance with Chip and Dale.

-Last one happened when I was around 5/6 and we went to the hoop-de-doo review. I had just bought this Princess Hat (You know, the one with the point at the end) and wore it everywhere except there. I put it on my sisters strollers and during the dinner, the chubby, funny one, usually wearing red came by and stole it! But it was all good because he acted like a princess...A sick princess...They put a green spot light on him....Haha :rotfl: :dance3:

Becky521
08-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Bump for more great stories

Fairy_Tale_Bride
08-05-2006, 01:26 AM
I had a great encounter with Mickey on my Disneymoon! Our first day of our Disneymoon was the last day of Star Wars' Weekends at MGM Studios and I am a Star Wars freak, so that's where we were ALL day! Well, one of the first things we did was get in the long line to meet Jedi Mickey! Jedi Mickey is in the theatre, where they usually show the stunt show with Drew Carey because there are so many people who want to meet him, so they close the theatre to meet Mickey! We were in line and when it was our turn..Mickey left for a "cheese break" and then he came back in about 10 mins. My DH loved calling out "See ya real soon" and having Mickey give him the thumbs up! Well, I had a stuffed Jedi Mickey with me that I carried with my ALL day! I brought him up on stage to be with me for the picture with Mickey. My DH took our picture and then turned to leave. I said "Thanks Mickey," next thing I know...Mickey has stolen my Jedi Mickey stuffed animal! Everyone in the line/audience was laughing and Mickey was taking off with my Jedi Mickey! I grabbed onto Mickey tight, so he coudn't run off! Everyone was laughing like crazy and so was I! My DH heard and saw everyone laughing and turned around. He said he had no clue what was going on! He turned around and says he saw me humping Mickey and didn't know what was going on...haha!!! :rotfl2: One of the cast members taking pictures said we gotta get a picture of this! It was so funny and we loved it...not to mention everyone else there waiting to meet Mickey! Finally, Mickey returned my Jedi Mickey and apologized...haha...I told Mickey thank you and gave him a kiss on his nose. Then, did the same to my Jedi Mickey stuffed animal! It was my BEST character moment ever and I shared it with so many others! :teeth:

http://photos-667.facebook.com/ip005/v19/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30682667_7168.jpg

http://photos-668.facebook.com/ip005/v19/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30682668_7649.jpg

http://photos-669.facebook.com/ip005/v19/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30682669_8069.jpg

IHeartTink04
08-05-2006, 01:40 AM
When I went on a school trip with my friends, we were near the American Adventure in Epcot and Mickey and Minnie were signing autographs seperatly and we wanted to see if it was possible if out group could get a picture of all of us and them together. So we went up to Minnie and asked her and she wrote in one of my friends autograph books "in a minute when we are done" so we sat over on the curb and waited until their security guards told them that they were done. Then Minnie told them to hold on and they both posed with us for a about 8 different cameras. It really made a lot of people mad because it was something special that they did for us but it was unforgetable and the best picture on the trip. I still have the paper that Minnie wrote to us. :teeth: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Fairy_Tale_Bride
08-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Another great story! This time meeting Minnie! My DH & I were entering the MK and at the same time Mickey & Minnie were arriving hand in hand for photos outside the park! What great timing! We were lucky to be first in line for Minnie! The lines became so long so quickly!! Mickey & Minnie kissed and seperated, so they could meet their fans! My DH & I walked up to Minnie for our photo...I had my Pal Mickey with me and Minnie had to make sure he looked PERFECT for the photo! Minnie fixed Pal Mickey's hat, shirt, and kissed him before we were able to take our photo...hehe! :rotfl: It was too cute and my Pal Mickey looked perfect for the photo...as you can see! Minnie loves her Mouse!

http://photos-416.facebook.com/ip006/v34/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30693416_2870.jpg

http://photos-417.facebook.com/ip006/v34/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30693417_3286.jpg

Groovee
08-05-2006, 02:40 AM
We went to DLP in 2004 and were in the kids play area of our hotel. Dd was playing the computer and Minnie came along and pulled her on her knee and played the computer with her for about 20 mins and the PLuto sat on my knee and kept stroking my face much to the amusement of dh! Another child was throwing a right strop over my dd getting all the attention of Minnie but the more she screamed the more Minnie ignored her and concentrated on my dd. Pluto was one heavy dog though.

OhhBother
08-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Here's a weird thing that happened to me -- but my DH swears to this day I made it up! It's true, I promise.

Years ago, we were at AK. We'd ridden Dinosaur, and DH and our friend who was with us wanted to ride again. I didn't want to, so I went over to those concrete walls/benches that are along the walkway as you exit Dinosaur. There was no one else around. It was in the afternoon and warm, so I laid down and closed my eyes.

A few minutes later, I heard someone coming. I opened my eyes and saw a seven-foot-tall cartoon-like dinosaur character skipping down the walkway. It skipped right past me, and I never saw it again.

DH swears I dreamed it, but I know I saw that skipping dino. Every time we go to AK, I keep looking for it so I can prove I'm not crazy.

Mecha Figment
08-06-2006, 06:33 AM
was it green or red

if it was green and looked like i was wearing drag that was conniesaurus and if it was red thats carntosaurus.

Mecha Figment
08-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Another great story! This time meeting Minnie! My DH & I were entering the MK and at the same time Mickey & Minnie were arriving hand in hand for photos outside the park! What great timing! We were lucky to be first in line for Minnie! The lines became so long so quickly!! Mickey & Minnie kissed and seperated, so they could meet their fans! My DH & I walked up to Minnie for our photo...I had my Pal Mickey with me and Minnie had to make sure he looked PERFECT for the photo! Minnie fixed Pal Mickey's hat, shirt, and kissed him before we were able to take our photo...hehe! :rotfl: It was too cute and my Pal Mickey looked perfect for the photo...as you can see! Minnie loves her Mouse!

http://photos-416.facebook.com/ip006/v34/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30693416_2870.jpg

http://photos-417.facebook.com/ip006/v34/12/63/25002324/n25002324_30693417_3286.jpg

is it just me or dose it look like mickey is about to do some spanking.

Joanna71985
08-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Here's a weird thing that happened to me -- but my DH swears to this day I made it up! It's true, I promise.

Years ago, we were at AK. We'd ridden Dinosaur, and DH and our friend who was with us wanted to ride again. I didn't want to, so I went over to those concrete walls/benches that are along the walkway as you exit Dinosaur. There was no one else around. It was in the afternoon and warm, so I laid down and closed my eyes.

A few minutes later, I heard someone coming. I opened my eyes and saw a seven-foot-tall cartoon-like dinosaur character skipping down the walkway. It skipped right past me, and I never saw it again.

DH swears I dreamed it, but I know I saw that skipping dino. Every time we go to AK, I keep looking for it so I can prove I'm not crazy.

The dinosaurs do not come out anymore.

Mecha Figment
08-06-2006, 06:40 PM
well they did briefly durringthe grand opening of everst. but chip and dale have since taken over there area.

sandybobandy
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM

EXACTLY what I was thinking! lol

Joanna71985
08-06-2006, 06:59 PM
well they did briefly durringthe grand opening of everst. but chip and dale have since taken over there area.

I know. I work with Chip and Dale over there.

Blumonkeyboy
08-06-2006, 07:02 PM
at chef mickeys at the conteperary we saw Goofy and he started a game of XTREME Hi 5 with me i was so out of breath after about 2 minutes LOL here is what it looked like with out the hands Figment is me on here..... :figment: :goofy:

Blumonkeyboy
08-06-2006, 07:04 PM

you are right i have seen it he also has a purple twin i belive the names are Haster and Chester

Joanna71985
08-06-2006, 07:35 PM
you are right i have seen it he also has a purple twin i belive the names are Haster and Chester

I think it was Carnataurus and Conniesaurus. Here are pictures

Carnataurus
http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/characterphotos/carnataurusphoto.jpg

Conniesaurus
http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/characterphotos/conniesaurusphoto.jpg

DaisyD
08-06-2006, 09:34 PM
On our last trip this July I had a funny encounter with Chip. I had on an Ocean City MD t-shirt that was kind of tropical. In light lettering is said "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" and it had a martini glass next to it. Chip pointed at my shirt and gave it a thumbs up. LOL!

Fairy_Tale_Bride
08-06-2006, 11:45 PM

HAHA! :rotfl: I will never look at that picture the same again!

OhhBother
08-07-2006, 08:51 AM
I think it was Carnataurus and Conniesaurus. Here are pictures

Carnataurus
http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/characterphotos/carnataurusphoto.jpg

Conniesaurus
http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/characterphotos/conniesaurusphoto.jpg

Thanks to all -- I'm not crazy! It was Conniesaurus I saw and, thanks to Joanna71985, I have photo proof to show my doubting husband. :thumbsup2

disneyphilip
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
The dinosaurs do not come out anymore.

Why not?

Ride Junkie
08-07-2006, 05:58 PM
How funny, I saw that brown dinosaur last time we went! He was sneaking up behind people & scaring the bejesus out of them. :rotfl:

My strangest character interaction didn't happen at Disney, but at Great America (Marriott's back then) around 1984. The Smurfs were really popular then, and they were the main characters in the park. My stepsister and I (both 14 at the time) stood on each side of a Smurf for a picture. After it was taken, she comes up to me and says, "That Smurf had his hand on my butt"! To which I replied, "Me too!" The funniest part is the picture. We both have these weird looks on our faces, like we just smelled something funny...wish I had it to post! :rotfl2:

Jambo!424
08-08-2006, 11:33 PM
During my first trip to Disney (back in 1996) my family an I ate at a character breakfast every morning as part of our vacation package, and my sister (who was 8 then) kept getting into trouble with Jafar and General Radcliffe! Twice my sister got physically dragged out of the restaurant by Jafar (she has always spoken her mind and let Jafar know she thought he was rude and should be nicer :rotfl: ). Then one day Jafar got General Radcliffe to help him trap her between these tables that werent being used, b/c she had told him she didnt like where he was signing the Pluto dog that I used for autographs! It was soo funny and she just looved the attention. I'll never forget that.

dmk1021
08-09-2006, 12:24 AM
This is slightly off-topic, but I still think it's appropriate here:

My grandma has this cute brown sweater she got from the Disney Store that has a Pooh patch on the front. She's always cold, even in WDW, and she loves that coat.

Well, as she was posing for a picture with the whole family in front of the castle, the CM taking the picture said to her," You've got Pooh on your shirt!"

My grandmother was completely aghast at what the CM said to her, "I DO NOT!" she replied in a grandmotherly tone.

"No, you have Pooh on your shirt!"

Clutches her chest, "I DO NOT!"

After two or three go-rounds, and my family laughing hysterically, she got it.
Great picture, too. I wish I had a digital version. She's so mortified!

Christopher5927
08-09-2006, 02:54 AM
My story is from Disneyland Paris in 1993. In the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel, I gave Minnie a kiss and she 'fainted'. If I had not caught her, she would have fallen flat - no kidding - and she stayed 'unconscious' for long enough that I wonderd if she really had fainted!

MScott1851
08-09-2006, 06:04 AM
My very first trip to WDW, I was 5, and Mr. Smee (I think that's who it was...blue and white striped tunic, silver hair?) grabbed me and pulled me up against him, then pulled his shirt up and over me, like he was trying to tuck me into his shirt.

I was NOT amused, nor was my brother, who was 3 and started wailing because he thought the mean old man ate his sister.

I bet if that happened today, there would be some feathers ruffled...people would be screaming about inappropriate touching, etc.

rer1972
08-11-2006, 10:17 AM
bump bump babump

#1 Pocahontas
08-11-2006, 10:26 AM
One time when I posed with Geppetto for a picture he motioned for me to sit down on a bench. He held my hand for what felt like forever. He stroked it repeatedly and kept kissing it. I could hear all the kissing sounds he was making. All the time there were many people waiting in line.

Yah, not the most comfortable situation. I finally pulled my hand away and left. My mom still makes fun of me about that.

Becky521
08-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Just bumping for more great stories.

Codie
08-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Here's mine:

My now dh (bf at the time) and I went to The Land and ate at my favorite restaurant The Grill...the character one that turns. It was really slow in Disney world and especially in the restaurant. The characters came by several times. It was the first time we had been to disney together and dh was a little leary of interacting with the characters. Welllllll, Dale comes up to us for the second or third time. Each time he had come by he had "flirted" with me. Well, this time he comes up and sits down next to me. Dh and I had been coloring and such with the menus and crayons that they give you. Dale picks up the crayon and writes, boyfriend? and points at dh. I said yes. Then he writes "cheat?" and again points at dh. Dh was not pleased with this. I said, "Oh no...he's a good guy, Dale." Dale proceeds to shake his head no, placing his paws over his heart. He then reaches over and hugs me and leaves. To this day we have no idea what he meant--no idea, but dh was SOOOO mad. It took a few years before he could see another Dale without getting ticked off at him. All is well that ends well...

Dolce27
08-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Here's mine:

My now dh (bf at the time) and I went to The Land and ate at my favorite restaurant The Grill...the character one that turns. It was really slow in Disney world and especially in the restaurant. The characters came by several times. It was the first time we had been to disney together and dh was a little leary of interacting with the characters. Welllllll, Dale comes up to us for the second or third time. Each time he had come by he had "flirted" with me. Well, this time he comes up and sits down next to me. Dh and I had been coloring and such with the menus and crayons that they give you. Dale picks up the crayon and writes, boyfriend? and points at dh. I said yes. Then he writes "cheat?" and again points at dh. Dh was not pleased with this. I said, "Oh no...he's a good guy, Dale." Dale proceeds to shake his head no, placing his paws over his heart. He then reaches over and hugs me and leaves. To this day we have no idea what he meant--no idea, but dh was SOOOO mad. It took a few years before he could see another Dale without getting ticked off at him. All is well that ends well...

Based on the stories that I have read on this website - it sounds that the chipmunks are big flirts and huge troublemakers if they spot a young couple. They always seem to hit on/flirt with/attempt to seal the girl and tick off the guy in the process. I think itís funny that so many guys seems to get seriously jealous of a chipmunk. :teeth:

bluejasmine
08-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Here's mine:

Those two chipmunks are such trouble makers!! Men jealous of a chipmunk thats too funny! Im so tempted to change one ADR to Garden Grill so I can see if DH gets jealous or a rodent!!! lol

hamlet35_2000
08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Those two chipmunks are such trouble makers!! Men jealous of a chipmunk thats too funny! Im so tempted to change one ADR to Garden Grill so I can see if DH gets jealous or a rodent!!! lol

Minnie kept flirting with my DBF at Liberty Tree...so much so that I called her a "tart". I wasn't really jealous though, now if a chimpmunk had started coming on to him....that would have been a fight!

Kellyscrapbooks
08-12-2006, 02:17 PM
The first was back in 1990. Dh (was just my boyfriend then) was home on leave and we went to Disney. We had a wonderful time, it was my first time there. Chip and Dale fought over me on 3 different occasions! Dh laughed so hard and then pretended to get mad and "challenge" them both to a fight. They pretend fought for a while and then Chip and Dale got 2 little boys to hand them their pirate swords and Chip challenged hubby to a duel! It was HYSTERICAL! I have some great pictures!

The next 2 happened on our last trip. And they were just incredibly sweet moments that I wanted to share.
At Toontown we were in line for the Princesses, and when it was their turn my kids walked up and Aurora motions for my dd (age 8)to come over and says "Oh my gosh, you look JUST like my friend Belle! Are you two friends? YOu must be friends! You are so pretty! You look just like her!" My dd was thrilled you could just see her confidence soar through the roof! Then Aurora told Chey (dd) that her shoe was untied, sat her down next to her and tied her shoe for her. Placed her dirty little sneaker right on the lap of her princess dress! They had a long talk about how Aurora never gets to wear cool light up sneakers cause she has to wear those silly slippers all day long!
The next day we happened to see Aurora again and she called Belle over and said, "See, here is your friend that I met last night! She looks JUST like you!" Cheyenne was so excited!

The other moment was with my son (age 4 at the time) and Jasmine. She just LOVED him. They had a long talk about how it would have been better to take a magic carpet than drive in the car like we did. She put lipstick kisses all over his face and he wouldn't let me wash his face until the next morning! He now tells everyone that when he grows up he is going to marry Jasmine!

caegan
08-12-2006, 04:54 PM
These are great stories! They're giving me ideas of more ways to interact with characters the next time I'm at WDW.

Here's my story...

When I was really little (3?) my parents took me to DL. I was having a great time with all the characters, getting lots of hugs and kisses while my dad was taking pictures. Then I got to meet Chip. He sat on the ground and held me in his lap for a while while I touched his face. Then he stood up, took my hand, and turned to my dad and waved goodbye. So I also turned to my dad and waved goodbye and we started to walk away!! My dad kept snapping photos until he realized we were just going to keep walking if he didn't come get me! :goodvibes

Groovee
08-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Dh just reminded me about when we were in DLP. We were sat in our hotel after the evening parade and chip and dale were out doing a display in the foyer with some chinese dancers as it was chinese new year. Afterwards Chip and Dale were going round all the children when one of them grabbed ds off dh. Chip sat down with him in a chair and was playing littl games with him (ds was 14 months) and ds was more than happy and kept touching the characters nose which was funny. We got him back and along comes Dale who decides to take him a walk. All these other parents were giving us dirty looks and everything, but I can't help it if Chip and Dale loved my ds.

Becky521
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Just bumping, hoping to get more great stories.

Becky521
08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
anyone else have any good character stories?

Nanu57v
08-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Not Disney characters, because now I tend to stay away. :rotfl:

When I was young my parents took me to Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA) and some kind of bear tripped over me and knocked me down.

Then when I was an adult we were at Hershey Park (Hershey, PA) and I was telling DH the story and a giant Hershey Bar did the same thing!

liamsaunt
08-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I thought of another one. A few years ago we were at MGM with one of my friends, who at the time was fairly pooh sized. We saw Stromboli just hanging out in a doorway next to the Great Movie Ride. My friend went up to him and said "What's up?" and Stromboli reached out and grabbed both sides of my friend's stomach and started jiggling it up and down! Thankfully, my friend thought it was funny, but I could see someone else getting really angry by that.

Tosie
08-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Not strange, just fun:

In 1994 dh and I were on our honeymoon part 2 and dh is a HUGE villain fan. We met up with Captain Hook and Smee and took some pictures. As dh was walking away from Captain Hook, the good Captain proceeded to kick dh in the rear!!

Last October we celebrated dd's birthday at the Crystal Palace before we went to MNSSHP. Well, there was a family of character hogs sitting near us and Tigger passed us by. So dh asked the handler if Tigger could come back for a picture with our birthday girl (it was her actual birthday that day) and the handler said sure, just give us a few minutes. Well, Tigger came back and spent quite a bit of time with dd. At one point, Tigger scooped her up and went to sit down with her on his lap and missed the chair!! Poor Tigger, I felt so bad!! But of course, he was a great sport and we have some really wonderful pictures of him acting "embarrassed"!

Prinny27
08-19-2006, 01:09 PM
In April 05 DF (bf at the time) were walking through AK during evening EMH. We noticed Stitch and I got in line for a picture, since I love him. Well, when it's my turn I go up there and we pose for a picture. Then Stitch starts waving to DF, takes my hand, and starts walking me towards backstage. His handler had to chase after us and told Stich he was a 'bad boy'. So Stitch shakes his head, looks at me and makes a 'phone' out of his hand and holds it up to his ear, to say call me. So I did the same and told him I would call him, and he jumped up and down. To this day DF still doesn't like Stitch. :rotfl2:

rer1972
08-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Too Good. Bump

Laz
08-29-2006, 05:21 PM
I got "goosed" by Minnie after a picture with my family. I asked her what Mickey would say and she just motioned for me to be quiet :teeth:

In another incident, we were having dinner in The Land Restaraunt, and Chip and Dale sat down with my DD and colored with her for about a half hour!

DisneyOct05
08-29-2006, 05:34 PM
The funniest interaction I ever had was at last year's MNSSHP. My girlfriend and I dressed up as a king and queen. We ran into the Queen of Hearts. Just before it came time to take a picture, the Queen shoved my girlfriend out of the way and leaned into me. The picture is of my girlfriend flying out of the frame with only the back of her dress showing. I AM THE KING.

disneytraveler
08-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Ha i said to the one of characters '"Iam a big little person" when i was waiting for an autograph. I think it was the wolf (dont know character name)
but he looked at me in a funny way. :goodvibes

hogwartsdropout
08-29-2006, 05:42 PM
I spotted Chip and Dale at the International Gateway, so I rushed to get a pic. While Chip was signing my book, Dale motioned over to the water where there was a speedboat sitting. He pointed to it, then to himself, then to me, then to his wrist. In other words, he wanted me to meet him there later :rotfl:
Then he took my book and covered up Chip's name with his hand (or paw??), meaning it'd be just me and him!
We then tried to take a photo, but they both linked arms with me, one pulled me one way, and the other pulled me the other way! It was hilarious!!

pixieprincessmom
08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
We were last in line to get Stitch's autograph in AK. After he signed our book and gave it to Lilo he walked over to some guy walking by and took his shoe right off of his foot. He came back and posed for our picture, shoe in hand. When the guy realized he was going in he followed him, but had a hard time getting his shoe back. My kids loved this and we have a series of pics of the whole thing to help them tell the story. :rotfl2:

grahamsgirl
08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
When my youngest DD was 3 we went to Chef Mickeys for Dinner, that particular day Minnie was in the foyer greeting guests and not going round the tables. DD3 adored Minnie as we were leaving I realised we didn't have her autograph book just a WDW activity book. Minnie was so cute she found a page with her picture on it which also had a crossword and proceeded to lay down on the floor and figure out the crossword !!!DD3 wasn't sure what she was doing but sat right beside her watching her fill it in. When Minnie had completed it she jumped up and ran around celebrating - and then gave my daughter the biggest hug - absolutely priceless !! We have it on video and it still makes us laugh. :wave2:

TinkNH
08-29-2006, 06:24 PM
In Oct 1995 when we went on our honeymoon, DH and I had dinner at the Liberty Tree tavern one evening. At the table next to us was a couple with a little boy about 5 ish? Goofy came along and whipped the little boys chair around so he was now seated with DH and I...and then Goofy tossed our salad...I mean TOSSED it ..all over the 3 of us. Then walked away..leaving this little boy sitting between the 2 of us...we and his parents were in hysterics..but the poor kid didn't know WHAT to make of the whole thing. Its one of my favorite Disney memories. :rotfl:

Mousema
08-29-2006, 06:50 PM
A few years back DS and I were at dinner at Chef Mickey's. I had my back turned to the room. Chip sneaked up behind me and stuck his fingers in my ears. I jumped.:Pinkbounc sky high and screamed and DS :rotfl2: :rotfl: took about 10 minutes to recover.

rer1972
08-29-2006, 07:13 PM
The funniest interaction I ever had was at last year's MNSSHP. My girlfriend and I dressed up as a king and queen. We ran into the Queen of Hearts. Just before it came time to take a picture, the Queen shoved my girlfriend out of the way and leaned into me. The picture is of my girlfriend flying out of the frame with only the back of her dress showing. I AM THE KING.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Missus Toad
08-29-2006, 07:14 PM
One time when I posed with Geppetto for a picture he motioned for me to sit down on a bench. He held my hand for what felt like forever. He stroked it repeatedly and kept kissing it. I could hear all the kissing sounds he was making. All the time there were many people waiting in line.

Yah, not the most comfortable situation. I finally pulled my hand away and left. My mom still makes fun of me about that.

I had a similar Goofy encounter at the Grand Floridian Cafe back in '89 or thereabouts (I was 18ish). He literally did not leave our table for our whole meal, and kept getting me up to dance with him over and over. It was funny at first, but then I just wanted to eat and felt bad for all the kids waiting to see Goofy. They'd come up to him and he'd give them hugs or take a picture, but then would sit right back down with us. After a while you kinda run out of conversation...

blondeheroine
08-29-2006, 07:53 PM

I LOVE the Main Street characters! I wish you got to see them more often, but it does make Christmas really special.

First, there was a really pretty lady. I can't remember what her name was, but she was dressed in her turn of the century Christmas attire. She was telling us that we needed to move into an apartment there on Main Street. A lady had just moved out (she had a whole story about how she was a gossip!) and we could totally have the apartment. She had no idea I would totally take her up on that offer. :p

She then danced with a little boy next to us to the Nutcracker Suite. It was FANTASTIC. I wish I had recorded it.

Also that night, not the Mayor but another older gentleman Main Street character was telling us how he had just bought new teeth at Montgomery Ward's and was asking us what we thought of them.

I love these characters and the Streetmosphere characters at MGM SO MUCH!

i<3Disney
08-30-2006, 02:56 AM
About 10 years ago my step sister and I were eating at Crystal Palace and Pooh grabbed all my silverware and ran away :rotfl:

flortlebap
08-30-2006, 05:44 AM
These are funny stories :rotfl:

I like watching the test dummy at Test Track. Particularly when people don't realise he's for real and run screaming out of the exit when he pounces on them during a photo :lmao:

Timon_n_Pumba
08-30-2006, 06:46 AM
...and then Goofy tossed our salad...I mean TOSSED it

Oh Taaaaag Fairy?!

Scott in MO

cherokeemamma
08-30-2006, 06:54 AM
I love all of these stories.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Missus Toad
08-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh Taaaaag Fairy?!

Scott in MO
:rotfl:

the Fidge
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I went to Disney in 1994 , in Epcot I had lots of fun with the Charcters, I pulled Tiggers tail! Thats right I pulled his tail!!! Very naughty yes but it was a dream of mine!!! :cool1:

SO he looked behind him and chased me aorund for a few and then have me a big hug!!

Thats a good life moment! Now how do I tell DS NOT to pull our cats tail?? :confused3 shh I do just don't tell him it was before he was born!!! :rotfl:

Zela
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
A couple of years ago I was at Animal Kingdom with my 2 sisters and my brother in law. We were right around the Dinosaur ride. I was taking pics of my family members with the carnasaur and telling them to move this way and that. Then midways while I'm trying to take a picture The carnasaur starts running at me. I ran away but he chased me around for about 5 minutes. I guess the cm in that suit was tired of posing just how everyone told him to. :rotfl2:

Tinkerbell Teen
08-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh GOODNESS where to begin?

- We were in line for Tweedledee and Tweedledum at the teacup ride. When it was my turn to see them, I walked over and handed one of them my autograph book(yes, at 12 I still collect them!!!!!), and the other one(How can I tell them apart?) took my Pal Mickey off of the chain, and proceeded to play "Monkey In The Middle"- with me as the monkey! I was SOOOOOO mad! The, the two traded book for Mickey, as we went through the entire process again! They gave it back after they took the picture, and my dad had to put the Mickey back on the lanyard for me. :blush:

- At the Garden Grill, the characters all came around two times, so when Chip and Dale came together for the second time, Chip grabbed the salt and pepper shakers and put them in Dales pocket(they were wearing overalls) and then grabbed the sugars and flavourings (the whole box) and put them into his own pocket! Dale sprinkled the salt and pepper onto the table, and Chip put about 5 sugar packets on the table. They returned them, but then sat at the empty table beside us and proceeded to bang the forks and knives on the table in a "WE WANT FOOD!" kind of way, then blamed the racket on us! It was priceless! :rolleyes1

-At Character connections, we just saw Chip and Dale, and then a heavy metal rock song came on, and Chip was on the ground slammin' away on an invisible guitar, as me and Dale giggled in the background. :moped:

poopsie81305
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Earlier this month we were having dinner at Chef Mickey's and it was mine and DH anniversary and we were wearing the anniversary buttons from MK. Even though it was our anniversary we were still having a family dinner. It was the two of us, my mom, DD10, DS7, & DS3. Dale came over to the table and tried to steal we away from my husband and tried to fist fight with him. DS3 yells at him and to get away from his mommy and says that he is going to tell his brother (Chip) on him. So them Chip comes over to the table. DS3 lets him know that Dale had tried to steal his mommy. Chip starts shaking his head, plugs his nose, and makes motions to indicate that Dale is stinky. DS7 yells out "No that wasn't Dale that was me. I'm the stinky one." Apparently he had just passed gas and thought that Chip was really smelling something stinky. Chip (and the rest of us) collasped in laughter. It didn't think Chip was going to be able to hold it together. He actually had to leave the table and come back to finish signing the kids autograph books after composing himself. It was very funny.
:wave: :bounce: :wave2:

Smooshdog
08-30-2006, 02:00 PM
This post is great!

I have learned that there is no need to have my DGF get a picture with Geppeto...we will avoid him.

When my DGF and I went to get pictures with the incredibles, Mr. Incredible made sure that he stood by DGF and not by me, which was OK because Mrs. Incredible did not want to let go of me after the pic...oh and we took a picture with Baloo and it was normal just til the 3 in 1,2,3, when Baloo decides that we should all lean left, luckily we did not hit the ground but it was close...turned out to be a great pic.

And despite me and DGF being in the mid-twenties charater pics are one of our favorite things to do

agnes!
08-30-2006, 03:25 PM
We were at our first (& only!) dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. The character interaction was ok until my DH was eating, looked up & Minnie was standing there. He called her Mickey by mistake & she openly lipped him the bird with both hands...
it was very strange, I was glad our DD didn't pick up on it.

agnes!

Jozymouse
08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
When i was 16 years old, I spent Christmas with my family in Disney World at the Yatch Club Resort. On December 24th, the parks were closing early and we had characters hanging out in the lobby of the hotel. At some point Captain Hook and Smee were there. Hook kept on writing things like "whats your name?" "where are you from?" in my autograph book. Then my dad came to take a picture and Hook got on one knee "asking" for my hand to my dad and he had a candy cane for a ring. We thought it was cute and all. The next day, we're in EPCOT and the bus with characters comes along...after doing a little xmas show, you could meet the characters. I went to see a reindeer (Donner) and he kept on making weird gestures with his hands....then he wrote in my autograph book "Love, Donner (Captain Hook)". How weird is that?!?!?!? After, we all realized that the weird hand gesture was him trying to reprensent a hook. To this day, I still dont get it. :confused3

Fairy_Tale_Bride
08-30-2006, 04:05 PM
When i was 16 years old, I spent Christmas with my family in Disney World at the Yatch Club Resort. On December 24th, the parks were closing early and we had characters hanging out in the lobby of the hotel. At some point Captain Hook and Smee were there. Hook kept on writing things like "whats your name?" "where are you from?" in my autograph book. Then my dad came to take a picture and Hook got on one knee "asking" for my hand to my dad and he had a candy cane for a ring. We thought it was cute and all. The next day, we're in EPCOT and the bus with characters comes along...after doing a little xmas show, you could meet the characters. I went to see a reindeer (Donner) and he kept on making weird gestures with his hands....then he wrote in my autograph book "Love, Donner (Captain Hook)". How weird is that?!?!?!? After, we all realized that the weird hand gesture was him trying to reprensent a hook. To this day, I still dont get it. :confused3

That's so funny to have the same guy in two different character costumes that you met! How wierd!! I think the man had a little crush on you under those costumes...haha! :rotfl: And...he remembered you! Wow!

kribit
08-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I was 16 at the time and had just finished breakfast at Chef Mickeys (pretty sure the resort was under renovation at the time). We were shopping at the gift shoppe (at the time it was a jewelry store) but the front entrance had bars down (you could only enter through a side door). Goofy was trying to get in through the bars and was skaking them back and forth almost as if he was trying to get out of jail. :rotfl2:

My mom said "my I think Goofy may be trying to pick up on you." It was really funny, but strange at the same time. The cm at the time was looking at him very strangely as well. Anyone had a similar experience?

rer1972
09-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Need some new stories...

DisneyMommyMichelle
09-05-2006, 02:33 PM
these were soo cute and funny!

SFLTIGGER
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
We just got back from WDW. While we were at MGM, my DS4 went in to see Sorcerer Mickey (we were the only ones there). While I was trying to get him to smile and look at the camera, my son saw Chip & Dale walk down the street outside. He ran for the door yelling "I saw Chip and Dale!". Mickey was so dejected! He sat down on the floor, put his head in his hands, and shook his head. Go figure, Mickey stood up by Chip & Dale :rotfl2:

henrylovespooh
09-06-2006, 03:41 PM
On my high school class trip in 1984, When having my picture taken with the three pigs, one of the pigs pinched my rear end. My face in the picture is priceless.

In 2002, we took my 7 month old son to the Animal Kingdom, and one of the bears (in costume - like a country bear) took my son and went and sat on a bench holding him. While I was taking pictures, people would walk by and look once and then do a double take. It was hilarious.

dbk1029
09-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Pluto tried to eat my head at Liberty Tree. I guess MIckey didn't feed him enough that day! pluto:

catsrule
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Goofy chased me and my Mom down mainstreet. :teeth:

2angelsinheaven
09-06-2006, 07:23 PM

Wow, maybe Cindy was hungry? :confused3
or
Your son is a budding dentist? :teeth:

babynurse1
09-06-2006, 07:37 PM
This is kind of a weird story. When I was little (about 2) my brother, then 4, was trying to push me in the stroller. Of course he was too little, but he was pushing and pushing and I wasn't going anywhere. Donald came up behind him and was in a creeping, sneaking pose when my mom snapped the picture. Then Donald grabbed my brother and he started screaming and then I got scared and started screaming!

Well, on our last trip, my 2 yr. old was in the stroller and my 4 yr old was trying to push him. My dd had been looking for Daisy the whole trip, and I hear her say "MOM IT"S DAISY!!!". I got my camera out to snap a picture when I saw her sneak up behind my 4 yr. old and do the same pose Donald had done to my brother. I took the picture, and then she grabbed my son and he yelled, and then my 2 yr. old started yelling.

My mom couldn't believe that 25 yrs. later I snapped the same picture she had (only it was Daisy instead of Donald)!!

jcamacam
09-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Not Disney characters, because now I tend to stay away. :rotfl:

When I was young my parents took me to Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA) and some kind of bear tripped over me and knocked me down.

Then when I was an adult we were at Hershey Park (Hershey, PA) and I was telling DH the story and a giant Hershey Bar did the same thing!

Wow, Nanu57v, I live about a half a mile from Dutch Wonderland and I think I remember that bear! ha, ha, ha

been2marceline
09-07-2006, 01:32 AM
We visited ToonTown just after opening one moring with my then 5 year old daughter. Pluto was greeting guests coming through the walkway and our DD was into autographs BIG TIME.

She is always a little shy so when an opening came along, my wife told her to "go see Pluto" ( sorry about the planet thing! ).

Pluto then spins toward my wifes voice and starts jumping up and down and waving, takes my daughters autograoh book and writes "Hi Karen!".

Old friends, my wife and Pluto, they are :yoda:, not sure if I should be jealous or not... :rotfl:

buzzbuzz21
09-07-2006, 05:20 AM
I have been chased by the genie at both wdw and disney land paris! Both places i was walking through adventure land and he came up behind me and pinched my sides!!! :rotfl2: He then went on to chase me when i tried to walk away. To make things even more embarassing that first evening of my encounter with the genie we we're eating at a restaurant when he appeared again. This was not a character meal but he still came over to our table. I have since avoided him on any further trips!!!!! :rotfl: :blush: :scared1:

Jozymouse
09-07-2006, 09:13 AM
At Disneyland, many years ago, we met a Pluto that was barking. He was good at it, it really did sound like a real dog!!! It was just weird...

Then, also at Disneyland, I met Kit the Cloud Kicker (Do I ever miss the Disney Afternoon gang!!) and while I was behind him, he opened his arms wide and smacked me in the face. :faint: My nose started bleeding! Nothing dramatical but still! He then wrote in my autograph book "i'm sorry".

rer1972
10-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Okay, it's been too long since I've read a new character tale. So, http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/rer1972/bump.gif

D3sdoll
10-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Earlier this month we were having dinner at Chef Mickey's and it was mine and DH anniversary and we were wearing the anniversary buttons from MK. Even though it was our anniversary we were still having a family dinner. It was the two of us, my mom, DD10, DS7, & DS3. Dale came over to the table and tried to steal we away from my husband and tried to fist fight with him. DS3 yells at him and to get away from his mommy and says that he is going to tell his brother (Chip) on him. So them Chip comes over to the table. DS3 lets him know that Dale had tried to steal his mommy. Chip starts shaking his head, plugs his nose, and makes motions to indicate that Dale is stinky. DS7 yells out "No that wasn't Dale that was me. I'm the stinky one." Apparently he had just passed gas and thought that Chip was really smelling something stinky. Chip (and the rest of us) collasped in laughter. It didn't think Chip was going to be able to hold it together. He actually had to leave the table and come back to finish signing the kids autograph books after composing himself. It was very funny.
:wave: :bounce: :wave2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

HeatherFeather
10-04-2006, 06:20 AM
Just got back and had a sort of odd encounter at Animal Kingdom. It was around 2 pm and we were leaving for the day. A handler was brining out three characters for autogrphs outside of the turnstile area. Odd group...Launchpad McQuack from Ducktales, Turk, and Friar Tuck.

As they were coming out Launchpad and Turk kept roughing each other up...bumping into each other, play fighting, etc. Well, I wanted my picture with Launchpad, as my little one loves Ducktales. We posed for the picture, with Turk still lurking around (I can see him in the pic) and as soon as I stepped away, they resumed their "playing." I guess Launchpad got a little rough, because next thing we knew, Turk was on his booty on the ground. Friar Tuck was just standing back the whole time shaking his head. The handler had to get Turk up and try to clean all the leaves and mulch off his backside.

Dh and I laughed pretty hard and I think we were the only guests who saw this little fiasco.

babynurse1
10-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks for sharing heatherfeather, maybe I'll have one to add when I get back!

cybrkitn
10-04-2006, 08:59 AM

My DS4 used to do that to our mouths as well when he was that age and younger. We used to comment how we thought he would be a dentist when he grew up :rotfl: !

Btw, that is such an adorable picture!