PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishment of AKL deluxe rooms?

Abra Cat
03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi all--

Does anyone know anything about the AKL's deluxe savanna and deluxe pool view rooms being refurbished later this year? According to my AAA agent, this is the reason I can't get a room in December or January. Has anyone heard anything about this? Thanks.

dmslush
03-22-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know, but I wasn't able to book a pool view, or a concierge Savannah view for December. We had to get regular Savannah view. I was curious as to what was going on.

Abra Cat
03-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I wish I knew. I'd just book a regular savanna room too, but our youngest will be turning 3 before our trip, so we're too many people now. I called WDW last week and the CM said there was a convention that has all the deluxe rooms booked up throughout December, but now my AAA agent has said they're refurbishing the rooms, so who knows who's right. She's trying to contact the resort manager to find out when the rooms will be available, but she's had no luck so far.

I don't know, but I wasn't able to book a pool view, or a concierge Savannah view for December. We had to get regular Savannah view. I was curious as to what was going on.

Abra Cat
03-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone know? :confused3

cortegro
03-23-2006, 02:09 PM
I reserved a 1BR suite a couple days ago and the CM at CRO offered me two concierge rooms at that time as well. The dates are Jan 2-4, 2007. She didn't mention anything about a refurb. I didn't ask about the view. I have never been to AKL and hope we have a nice savannah room.

-cortegro

Abra Cat
03-24-2006, 11:49 AM
You know, this really stinks. I've been having the worst time making our reservations for AKL. We originally wanted to do our usual early December visit, but when we couldn't make that reservation, we decided to give January a try. But now they're supposedly doing a refurbishment of the deluxe view rooms-- the only rooms big enough for my family AND within our budget. My husband and I have been talking about staying at another resort, but I really love AKL and I feel like I'm "settling" for something I don't want if we stay elsewhere. I'm almost to the point where I want to skip this year and start making our plans for next year. I know I'm probably being stupid, but exploring AKL and spending time doing the kids' activities and watching the animals is such an important part of our trip, it almost feels like a waste of a trip to go to WDW and not stay at AKL.

It's a cold, gray, and wet day here-- maybe I'm just depressed because of that. :sad1: