PDA

View Full Version : POR or POFQ?

lilpixie
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
OK, now I am confused! Are POR and POFQ connected or just very close? Which one is the nicest?
I have heard about the awesome beignets (sp?) at POFQ -- do they have them at POR, too?
Just wondering which of these 2 is the best. We have 3 small girls, too.
thanks!

stm61
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM
depends on the ages of your girls. If noone is under 3 you can only stay at POR. If all the kids are about 6 and under they'll like the theme of POFQ's pool. Older kids will think it's to babyish and like POR's pool theme better.

HopperFan
03-22-2006, 12:22 PM
We prefer POR because all the amenities are located there and the pool is much better to us, at FQ the pool is geared for the very young children. My son at 8 had no interest in FQ pool. We also enjoy using the quiet pools in the evening. We always walk over to FQ to get some beignets - they are yummy. They are side by side, but the walk is more than a few minutes especially depending on where you are starting from in the resorts.

skooniebird
03-22-2006, 12:41 PM
POR has a nice fenced in playground with slides and swings and such also. they have a fishing hole where you can rent a cane pole for a small fee and watch the fish bite and hook them. The resorts are connected by a walking/biking/jogging path and a short boat ride. They are considered sister resorts, so you can stay at one and use the facilities at another. I personally think POR is much more child friendly and gives them more room to run. :)

jdyer
03-22-2006, 12:41 PM
I much prefer POFQ; far less crowded, much more relaxing, quieter.
Also, buses stop at POFQ before POR, which is a great blessing!