PDA

View Full Version : Pedometer??

Zippa D Doodah
03-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Do you find pedometers to be accurate? I have been wearing one for a week or so now, and maybe it seems to be overestimating my actual mileage just a bit.

Also, I am currently using a cheap plastic model, and I already have cracked one of the little plastic pins that holds the clip in the correct position. Are there nicer, sturdier versions? What would you recommend?

momrek06
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
The best way to tell if it is accurate is to get on a TREADMILL and after the DISTANCE on the treadmill says 1 mile, then look at your Ped and see if it does say 2000...as one mile is 2000 steps.

I also walk at a walking track in my town that has a sign that says FOUR times around the track is a mile and then I check that as well.

Yes, some peds are cheap. I have about 4. I wear one EVERY SINGLE TIME I WORK OUT and I come home and record it in a journal. I walk 8000 to 10,000 steps a work out. I usually am on the treadmill from an hour to 70 minutes.

Every day I try to walk ONE MORE step. My own challenge.

I bought mine from WALKERS WEARHOUSE online. I bought the model put out by PREVENTION MAGAZINE. Very basic, JUST STEPS...nothing else. Runs about $15.00.

GOOD LUCK, HOPE THIS INFO HELPS!!! :sunny:

kamgen
03-24-2006, 08:37 PM
We bought ours at Walmart and while it does work good, it doesn't work all the time...I find it logs a step when I shift my hips or bend over. I only use it now on walks, instead of all day to log my steps.
Good luck!