PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

OrlandoMike
03-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Anyone else watching? This is my first time this year, but so far I love "manDIVA" and the 15 year old kid!

True North
03-21-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't usually watch the show, but after the week that Ace sang a George Michael's song I have had the biggest crush on him. Shhhhh! Don't tell DH.

mantysk8coach
03-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't usually watch the show, but after the week that Ace sang a George Michael's song I have had the biggest crush on him. Shhhhh! Don't tell DH.

Ace is my favorite too! What a hottie! :love:

FordFusion
03-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Chris and Katharine are by far the best. Mark my words, they will be the top 2 to face off.

Stacerita
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
"ManDIVA" is my fave. I think she is the best by far. But I got a mad crush on Chris. I agree, Ace is a hottie, but he is just to pretty boy for my taste. Chris is my man!

mantysk8coach
03-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Chris and Katharine are by far the best. Mark my words, they will be the top 2 to face off.

I agree...and I'm thinking Mandisa will be #3

PHILCT
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
MandiVa number 1 for me.

I was impressed with how well they all did tonight.

Ace please stop staring at me with those eyes.
I think we need to get Ace into a boy band.

vyse22
03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
We faithfully watch it every week. We like Katharine, Chris, Mandisa, and Taylor. There are a lot of really good ones this year and it is tough to decide who will be at the finale.

jamieandben
03-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Got to stay with chris he is from NC
kellie...I Like her... but were not all that dumb.
Bucky... what can you say... just think there are 2 of him
My top 3 are chris, McPhee and Elliott

islandbeachnut
03-22-2006, 06:59 AM
I LOVE Elliott's voice!! He's my fave, I aslo love Mandisa's voice. The rocker, Chris - I think, is good too! :sunny:

vascubaguy
03-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Yup, I'm an idol fan too... been watching since season 2. Finally got dp watching last season.

Anyway, my fav girls are Mandisa and Paris. Favorite guys are Chris, Elliot and Taylor.

As for Ace... well, let's just say I was excited he was in the bottom 3 last week. His stares make me sick, it's one of the reasons I didn't like Constantine last season. He was soooo shocked to be in the bottom three, I guess he had that notion that he would go far because he's "hot".

The votes have suprised me in the past, but based on last nights performances, I'm guessing the bottom three tonight will (or at least should) include:

Buckey, Lisa, and Kevin (with either Lisa or Kevin going home). I also didn't care too much for Chris or Taylor's performances last night, but they are still 2 of my favs.

Guess we'll find out tonight!

Artaxx
03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
As for Ace... well, let's just say I was excited he was in the bottom 3 last week. His stares make me sick, it's one of the reasons I didn't like Constantine last season. He was soooo shocked to be in the bottom three, I guess he had that notion that he would go far because he's "hot".

Can't agree with you more vascubaguy. Ace just seems really fake to me for some reason.

I have been watching since Season 1, and I have to say that I like more people this season than any other so far. My top faves for men in Chris (God he is soo hot :love: ) and ManDIVA for the girls. Paris is a close second, as is Elliot. Catherine is definitly growing on me as well...after the next couple of weeks when a few more go home, its anybody's guess who goes home.

As for this week, I thought this show was so much better than last week. Even the bad performances weren't horrible (except maybe for Lisa's). Although I didn't love Chris's performance, I love that every week he really tries to change the song to fit him, something that no other finalist has ever done consistently. He is definitly a true artist, can't wait to see what he does when he gets to put together a whole album.

I think the bottm 3 will be: Lisa, Bucky, and Kevin (Lisa/Bucky bottom 2), with Lisa going home.

Oh, and one more thing, does anyone know what Paula is talking about half the time? It just seems like every week she gets more and more crazy, with her hooting and hollering throught the performances like she's a groupie at a concert. Its almost a little embarassing. Anyone else notice this?

vascubaguy
03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Can't agree with you more vascubaguy. Ace just seems really fake to me for some reason.

I have been watching since Season 1, and I have to say that I like more people this season than any other so far. My top faves for men in Chris (God he is soo hot :love: ) and ManDIVA for the girls. Paris is a close second, as is Elliot. Catherine is definitly growing on me as well...after the next couple of weeks when a few more go home, its anybody's guess who goes home.

As for this week, I thought this show was so much better than last week. Even the bad performances weren't horrible (except maybe for Lisa's). Although I didn't love Chris's performance, I love that every week he really tries to change the song to fit him, something that no other finalist has ever done consistently. He is definitly a true artist, can't wait to see what he does when he gets to put together a whole album.

I think the bottm 3 will be: Lisa, Bucky, and Kevin (Lisa/Bucky bottom 2), with Lisa going home.

Oh, and one more thing, does anyone know what Paula is talking about half the time? It just seems like every week she gets more and more crazy, with her hooting and hollering throught the performances like she's a groupie at a concert. Its almost a little embarassing. Anyone else notice this?

I agree that this is probably the most talented group of finalists. I also think there are several "fake" people up there... trying to "act" and play the audience to get more votes. Ace with the eyes, and Pickler with the dumb routine. *blah*

In regards to Paula... yes, how could you NOT notice! I think it is funny sometimes when she is standing up and dancing during the performance. I mean I know she is standing, but when they do the shot from the back of the audience towards the stage, it still looks like she's sitting down. :rotfl2: However, her interactions with Simon are extremely annoying most of the time and her comments for the contestants are usually pretty stupid. Example: "There are just some contestants that I just can't wait to hear each week. You look great tonight!" I think she throws in the "you look great" because she said the first part, and then realized the person she was talking to WASN'T one of those she looks forward to hearing. :lmao:

Artaxx
03-22-2006, 12:26 PM
However, her interactions with Simon are extremely annoying most of the time and her comments for the contestants are usually pretty stupid. Example: "There are just some contestants that I just can't wait to hear each week. You look great tonight!" I think she throws in the "you look great" because she said the first part, and then realized the person she was talking to WASN'T one of those she looks forward to hearing. :lmao:

Yeah, and she said that after earlier in the show putting Simon down for saying who he thinks will make it to the top three. I think she should just leave American Idol and go judge America's Next Top Model since the only thing she ever says is how great everyone looks! :teeth:

Oh...and I totally agree on the Pickler comment. My DP and I had this discussion last week. I'm not buying her act, but he doesn't think shes acting. I hope she is, because if she isn't...just wow. :teeth:

OrlandoMike
03-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Poor Chicken Little got voted off.

Oh well, I have a feeling he has a carear ahead of him.

Wouldnt be surprised if he has a contract by the morning with either Disney or Ron Perlman.

When is Paula going to whip out the lighter like she is at a concert?

vascubaguy
03-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Poor Chicken Little got voted off.

Oh well, I have a feeling he has a carear ahead of him.

Wouldnt be surprised if he has a contract by the morning with either Disney or Ron Perlman.

When is Paula going to whip out the lighter like she is at a concert?

:rotfl2:

FINALLY!!! I'm glad Lisa got a 2nd chance... she's gotta step it up or she'll be gone next week.

Did you notice that Simon was holding a lighter on Tuesday night? I was wondering if he grabbed it from her so she couldn't do that! :confused3

PHILCT
03-22-2006, 09:54 PM
I felt bad for the little guy (Chicken Little), although it was inevitable he would have been voted off during the next week or so.

I also got the same bottom 3 right, but I got Lisa wrong, I thought she would have gotten voted off tonight instead.

Sadly I watched UNANIMOUS (spelling ?) afterwards, and I was getting annoyed with the Gay Choice Debate going on show number one.

mickeymousemom
03-22-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that Paula is acting like a strange one lately. DD's and I were talking last night about how annoying it is that she gets up and dances and really gets into some of these performances. The first season or two(at least) she was using constructive criticism very well. She would comment on what they needed to change, what went wrong, how they were off-tune, etc. What happened to that?? I think she's been making a total fool of herself.

As for Kevin getting voted off, I am SOOOOOO glad. Yes, he could sing on a cruise line but he AIN'T no American Idol. Also glad to hear Elliot has some more fans out there. I truly believe Chris will go all the way, but you can never tell....Ace is really cute and had me on the floor with that MJ song???? a couple weeks ago(sorry, I like him :blush: )....but I certainly don't think he's the most talented. Unless she pulls off a stellar performance(not that it matters on this show) I think Lisa will be gone next week.

So how WAS Unanimous??? I didn't watch it because the previews alone made my toes curl....I figure I'm too impatient to watch it.

vascubaguy
03-23-2006, 05:27 AM
So how WAS Unanimous??? I didn't watch it because the previews alone made my toes curl....I figure I'm too impatient to watch it.

As Simon would say, I thought it was rather pointless. Just didn't have that WOW factor. I mean seriously, I saw this show the first time when it was called 'Big Brother'. I think the gay issue was overdone... I'm sure there was other things they could have focused on... I just hope that the "secret" of the preacher lady comes back to haunt her... :confused3 I doubt I'll continue to tune into that show, although I probably will because I think dp said he enjoyed it.

Artaxx
03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I usually tape the result show and watch it after it is done so I can fast forward through 99% of the show to get to the good stuff, so I didn't realize that Unanimous started last night until it was already over. I probably would have checked it out, but from the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't. Besides, we do not need anymore shows to watch. Our DVR is backed up as it is.

As for Kevin going home, I couldn't be happier. Although my DP will be upset (he loved him). I was just getting really tired of the whole stud joke. And I think that his comment to Simon a couple of weeks ago about not expecting much from him kind of made him seem a little full of himself, and that doesn't help your chances very much. It made me really start to dislike him. And does anyone else think that him and Paris are together? Everytime they show them at some function or hanging out, they are arm and arm. And She looked devistated when he was voted off last night.

Anyway, I say that unless Lisa pulls out an amazing performance, which I really think she is capaible of (she was my early pick to make it really far from the audition shows), she will probably be going home next week. I think Bucky will go after that, and then its gonna get a lot harder. I just hope Pickler goes home soon. The girl can sing, but her "what does Ballsy mean?" comment last night just pushed me over the edge to not liking her.

Man, I am way to obsessed with this show. Its sad really :)

LOLA2
03-25-2006, 08:50 AM

I tottaly agree I love Ace "hottie" Father Figure did it in.

vascubaguy
03-25-2006, 10:15 AM
I tottaly agree I love Ace "hottie" Father Figure did it in.

My question to the Ace fans.... do you like him because he's a hottie, or do you really think he's the best singer?

I did a quick poll at work the other day and 100% of the folks that liked Ace thought he was hot.... also... 100% of them also thought he wasn't the best singer. I then said, "If you don't think he's the best singer, then why do you vote for him?" Their response, "We want him to stay because he's nice to look at!" :confused3

I'm not sure if I'll be watching this week (or next)! We are gonna be at WDW and I don't think we are gonna plan our days around AI... oh well, the DVR will catch it and we'll have to get caught up when we get back.

DisneyGerry
03-25-2006, 10:56 AM
But glad 'Chicken Little' was voted off!

The blond gal from NC and the grey haired guy appeal to me.

Id guess Chris? the bald guy will win

Gerry

LOLA2
03-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes, Ace is hot sometimes good singer, I thought he did great for Father Figure, not so good last two songs. I think it depends on which song he chooses to sing, bad choices lately. I think his voice would be great fro some Reo, Chicago, Air supply those kind of songs, otherwise he may doomed. I think he will make it to top 6 but not so sure after that. Yeah, his stares first couple starws were hot but now it's getting old!!

OrlandoMike
03-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Bump!

FYI For those of you who are "Chicken Little" fans he will be on Regis and Kelly tomorrow (3/29).

True North
03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
So far I am not that impressed with anyone tonight. Future husband Ace downright scared me with his over-acting in the eye movments and the sad little face. Tonight so far it seems to be between those that are okay, and those that are just bad.

OrlandoMike
03-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Did Ace actually ask you to marry him? Because he proposed to me last week! Geesh, is he a two timer or what?

I like ManDiva tonight so far

True North
03-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Did Ace actually ask you to marry him? Because he proposed to me last week! Geesh, is he a two timer or what?

I like ManDiva tonight so far

Damn it! Well that's it. I'm done with Ace. You can keep him and his scar.

Eliott just sang, so the show is over. My final vote is for Paris. I think she lost some parts of the song becuase of the dancing but I tend to vote on what I find fun.

(And by vote, I mean vote in my head. I'm Canadian and have to wait about 4 months for Canadian Idol to actually vote myself, therefore no one can get mad at me for voting not based upon tallent, but on a fun and looks :) )

OrlandoMike
03-29-2006, 07:06 AM
I tend to agree with the judges, lots of great voices, but a lot of bad songs.

I am leaning towards "Mandiva" but someone needs to talk to her about her wardrobe! Nothing wrong with being a big girl, but what was she thinking packing all of that into skin tight jeans? :confused3

PennyW
03-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Strange show last night. You'd have thought it would have been more entertaining with current song choices. I did enjoy Katherine, Elliott, and Mandisa.

Did you see when Simon forcibly pushed Paula back into her seat after she wouldn't stop dancing? That girl is on something!

Kevin&Randall
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
In my most humble opinion, last night was the worst so far by everyone. I don't think anyone sang well. Paris was the best "performance" but not necessariy the best singing.

I think ManDIVA is excellent and hope she goes far. I love the sound of Taylor - very Michael McDonald. I need Bucky to go. He grates on my nerves and I so want to cut his hair!!!

You are all right. Ace will go far only because he is so easy on the eyes. Two weeks ago Kellie sang 'Blame it on the Sun' and coverted me to Kellie fan.

My top two: Mandisa and Paris. Toss up as to who will win. I think both are great. Mandisa has a presence that I love. A "full-figured" gal with complete stage presence. Paris has the lineage and will go far in the industry.

I will now climb down off of my soap box and return you to your regularly schedulded DisBoards.

Randall
:rainbow:

ohhhh... top. :)

WillYoungFan
03-31-2006, 09:42 PM
May wanna check out this week's big scandal... BTW new to the board. Spending my time reading as much as possible!

From Entertainment Weekly:

While we're on the subject of Mandisa (pictured), The Advocatecom has a story questioning whether this season's power vocalist is part of the ex-gay movement. Writer Neal Broverman points to Mandisa's official Idol page, where she says her personal American idol is author and speaker Beth Moore, of Living Proof Ministries, whose website contains links to so-called ex-gay organizations such as Exodus International. Broverman also wonders what exactly Mandisa meant with the shout-out that preceded her Tuesday performance: ''This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle, and situation may be big, but God is bigger.'' When asked for an explanation, a publicist for Idol told me it's not the show's policy to comment on contestants' personal lives (and apparently not their on-air remarks, either). That said, as a gay Idol addict, I'm not ready to label Mandisa a homophobe just yet. In fact, I got more of a ''God loves everyone'' vibe from the ''Shackles'' performance. Now 'Disa, don't prove me wrong, or it's gonna break my heart!

True North
04-01-2006, 03:09 AM
While we're on the subject of Mandisa (pictured), The Advocatecom has a story questioning whether this season's power vocalist is part of the ex-gay movement. Writer Neal Broverman points to Mandisa's official Idol page, where she says her personal American idol is author and speaker Beth Moore, of Living Proof Ministries, whose website contains links to so-called ex-gay organizations such as Exodus International. Broverman also wonders what exactly Mandisa meant with the shout-out that preceded her Tuesday performance: ''This song goes out to everybody that wants to be free. Your addiction, lifestyle, and situation may be big, but God is bigger.'' When asked for an explanation, a publicist for Idol told me it's not the show's policy to comment on contestants' personal lives (and apparently not their on-air remarks, either). That said, as a gay Idol addict, I'm not ready to label Mandisa a homophobe just yet. In fact, I got more of a ''God loves everyone'' vibe from the ''Shackles'' performance. Now 'Disa, don't prove me wrong, or it's gonna break my heart!

I saw that too! I didn't know if I should post it or not. I have to admit it does put a change in who I would cheer for.

mantysk8coach
04-01-2006, 03:01 PM
My question to the Ace fans.... do you like him because he's a hottie, or do you really think he's the best singer?

I did a quick poll at work the other day and 100% of the folks that liked Ace thought he was hot.... also... 100% of them also thought he wasn't the best singer. I then said, "If you don't think he's the best singer, then why do you vote for him?" Their response, "We want him to stay because he's nice to look at!" :confused3

I will shamelessly admit that I like him because he's a hottie! He isn't the worst singer...he really needs to step it up. I think he has the potential to be good. He's been just average so far. I've been voting for him. I think he'll make it a few more weeks yet...maybe finish 5th or so. I'm just glad he made the top 10 so now I get to see him in person on tour!

OrlandoMike
04-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Bump.

Well my thoughts on the first 20 minutes.

Mandiva once again wears denim! Doesn't she read my posts?

Paula needs a man bad!

Ryan and Simon need to get a room, anyone else notice the mmmmm "tension" tonight?

True North
04-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I have nothing to say tonight. I don't feel like I can comment that well on country music night. Like Simmon, I don't like the music. Some good, some bad, but thing great for me.

Ryan and Simon? I'm still hoping for the Ryan / Anderson Cooper love match after seeing a clip of the two of them on CNN. I know that's just in my gay little dream land, but still...

WillYoungFan
04-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I have nothing to say tonight. I don't feel like I can comment that well on country music night. Like Simmon, I don't like the music. Some good, some bad, but thing great for me.

Ryan and Simon? I'm still hoping for the Ryan / Anderson Cooper love match after seeing a clip of the two of them on CNN. I know that's just in my gay little dream land, but still...

Oh, you mention Anderson Cooper. Wow. Smart, handsome, good sense of humor! ahhhhhhhhh.

I think Mandisa might go tonight.

OrlandoMike
04-06-2006, 06:15 AM
So Mandisa gets the boot. I thought she did pretty good this week. Is there any more buzz about her being "anti-gay"? If so I wonder if that had anything to do with her lack of votes. :confused3

Hopefully that will be the last we see of Willie Nelson, just didn't think he fit in the show that well.

Next weeks theme should be pretty interisitng.......

airhead
04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't know if its true,but the way the DJ spoke,she's antigay. She is entitled to her opinions,but when she's looking for votes,she should keep them to herself. if its true that she was expressing her opinions about gays,she got what she deserves,the boot!

True North
04-06-2006, 11:47 PM
I have seen a couple of sites say that is probably a part of the reason she got voted off. My favourite line: "Once you don't have the gays - forget about it." :)

http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060406151609990001

airhead
04-07-2006, 05:35 AM
I LOVE it!!

OrlandoMike
04-07-2006, 06:42 AM
In her own words........

One last question. A lot of your fans were upset that you listed Living Proof Ministries' Beth Moore who says homosexuality is ''scary'' as one of your idols on the American Idol website. Are people right to think you're anti-gay?

"It breaks my heart to hear that's what people thought of me. I hate nobody. I absolutely live my life treating others the way I would want to be treated. I live my life being guided by love."

Sounds a little like "Hate the sin, not the sinner" to me.

Oh well, perhaps Anita Bryant can offer her advice now.

olbear
04-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi you all,

Well the last time I posted I was respected as a CSP. I hope I still am after my response to this thread.

I am not speaking "for" Mandisa, but I am pretty sure she has the same opinions/convictions I do. I am not sure if she has any gay friends as I do, but if she did, I am quite sure she would treat them with the same respect and agree to disagree as I do with my gay friends.

I honestly do NOT hate gay or lesbians. Many of our beliefs/convictions are based on how we interpret the Bible. As I interpret the scripture, I feel as Mandisa does I'm sure. I do not wish to open up a debate on the scripture or anything close to it. My only hope in responding to this thread, is to ask you to respect Mandisa's beliefs/convictions as you have mine. Just because we don't or maybe never will agree, does not mean we cannot be friends.

My brother was killed by a drunk driver, but I do not hate that driver. Ciggarettes killed my daddy when I was only 10. I do not hate the people who make ciggarettes. I could go on and on with examples. I hope you get my point. We will never always agree on everything, we live in reality right? LOL!

However, we as people, straight, gay, lesbian, black, white, baptist, muslim, catholic, rich, poor, middle class...whatever... can get along and live in some assemblance of peace and harmony if we can only agree to disagree. I hate it when dissagreements turn into bashing and name calling. Not saying this has happened, but it sure did on the American Idol message board, and yes, it was on both sides.. It was so very sad to me, I took it off of my favorites, and will not go there again.I am so not about that.

Thank you for reading again, and I pray for all to have peace love joy and prosperity.

Blessings,
Winnie

OrlandoMike
04-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks for that post!

I for one am not meaning to say anything negative about her or her beliefs. But the buisness she is in right now is show buisness. She made a few really bad mistakes. The first one was wardrobe, for two weeks in a row, she tried to cram 20 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound bag. It just doesn't work. There are a lot of large black women who look great in the buisness, she just made a wrong decision.

I felt her singing was great, and she was not in the bottom three in my opinion.

But her downfall, once again in my opinon, was the little speach she gave before her country song this week. That is the only reasonable conclusion I can come to as to why she was voted off so quick.

olbear
04-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Mike,
Good morning and thank you for being so kind. I have to agree about the cloths, jeans especially. They just do nothing for her.

As for her speech, I do realize she opened herself up to scrutiny because of her beliefs. It could have been taken many ways. But I have recieved e-mails during her time on the show. I know a friend of hers in Nashville who has kept in contact with her and forwarded me her e-mails. She was sincerely generalizing that comment in regards to lifestyle. There are a great many bad addictive, challenging, weakening, etc, lifestyles, and I believe she was addressing these as a whole. She admits she has the weak lifestyle of over endulgence when it comes to food. And I do not believe she is making this up as she goes. She is very real and very sincere.

In any case as I respect the homosexual community for standing up for what they believe in their heart is right, I believe we as conservative Christians only what the same respect for what we sincerely believe as well. And I thank many on this board who have shown me that respect and kindness. It has meant so very much, and given me hope that we can all come to this point one day, and be encouragers instead of stumbling blocks on this road called life!

{{{HUGS}}} and blessings,
Winnie

Tinky
04-09-2006, 10:59 AM
IRyan and Simon? I'm still hoping for the Ryan / Anderson Cooper love match after seeing a clip of the two of them on CNN. I know that's just in my gay little dream land, but still...

OMG, yes!... CSP here but I think that would be a ideal, beautiful match. Love, Love, LOVE Anderson Cooper. If only they could have bio children together... can you imagine??? Talk about perfect genetic engineering!!Deeeeeeeeelishhhhhhhhhh :goodvibes

True North
04-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Oh no!!

It's Mike's job to bump this thread everytime American Idol is on. He didn't do it today. Time to start searching the gay bars of Orlando for our dear Mike!

OrlandoMike
04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Sorry to disappoint, was having dinner with my Aunt Sandy. Aunt Sandy deserves her own thread! Just to tease, she is late 40's, a real treat, well a mess, buts it's always a party! Tonight while I paid the bill, she snuggled up to a lone man eating at the restaurant alone! Picture a drunk Ertha Kitt! So that was my entertainment tonight, saw the very end of American Idol, not sure I saw enough to comment, what did ya'll think?

PS....... The "S" hurricane this season is named Sandy! Batten doen the hatches and leave sacrificial bottles of wine on the roof!

olbear
04-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Well, I swore I wouldn't watch again as I was so upset with Mandisa's ellimination. But curiosity killed the cat ya know!!

My favs tonight were Elliot and Taylor. I know Ace is a "hottie", but he is not a "rocker". He did "We Will Rock You". Well, Queen may "rock" you but Ace won't. Not rock music wise anyway. Kellie...mmmmm...very interesting. Paris was pretty good, but she doesn't do well, with white folks hair. It was all in her face, mouth eyes, ears, you get the picture. Chris was back to screaming his song again. It was nice last week when he just "sang". I actually enjoyed his voice that one time. Katherine really did nicely, she watch slightly off pitch a few times, and her diction on one repeated vowel made my ears go on point..OUCH! Bucky I missed, thank goodness!

Of Elliot and Taylor, I liked Taylor the best. He really did a great job on his song, "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", and was back to being his ol self that we enjoy so much.

Blessings,
Winnie

TuppenceABag
04-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Can I just say Chris Daughtry looked hot in his suit? OMG

OrlandoMike
04-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Chris had a great look last night! IMO he needs to consider shorter hair, it really looked good on him.

If I were a betting man, I would bet the Pickle girl goes home tonight.

Everyone else was just so far above her last night. What a great night, great songs, great performances!

vascubaguy
04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Chris had a great look last night! IMO he needs to consider shorter hair, it really looked good on him.

If I were a betting man, I would bet the Pickle girl goes home tonight.

Everyone else was just so far above her last night. What a great night, great songs, great performances!

I'm afraid it would be hard for Chris to have his hair any shorter... he ain't got any! Maybe you meant Ace?

IMO Chris looked out of his element last night. He sounded pretty good (and yes looked pretty good) but it just looked too fake to me.

I also thought Ace did a little better this week, but he still make my list of the bottom 2. I think it should be him or Pickler. If based solely on last night, it should be Pickler... but considering overall, it should be Ace.

That said, I think Elliot is also in danger... I have a feeling he could round out the bottom 3, and also stands a chance of leaving. However, usually when a contestant flat out admits he/she sucked, he/she usually goes home that week.

OrlandoMike
04-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Ya I ment Ace, I was at Jury duty when I posted that post, must have been confused with all of the activity in the courthouse. But hey, Internet access! Jury Duty was better than I thought!

So Ace gets voted off, Pickler in the safe zone, frankly I'm surprised by those results, but oh well, it was a great show.

Next week looks like it will be great also!

vascubaguy
04-19-2006, 10:29 PM
While I'm not totally suprised by who was voted off, I am quite shocked at the bottom 3! Paris AND Chris! Wow...

Looking to next week, I'm a little shakey on who will do good... I'm predicting it's gonna be a snoozer... but... we'll see!

Bye Ace! :wave: