PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Question...

CinRell
03-21-2006, 03:29 PM
I posted this on the disney tips board but got no feedback so I thought I'd post here..

How far before a birthday is too far ahead to celebrate your birthday at the parks?

This is for way ahead but I'm a planning weirdo and it's helping me get past the long drought of disney withdrawel I have ahead of me.... I'm planning to take my family to disney .. a surprise trip... a month before my mom's birthday, my nieces birthady, and mine. I'm not going to celebrate mine... but was thinking of letting them know it's mom and niece's... and I am going to have a cake delivered to our room and maybe a Peggy's Creations gift... do you think a month before a birthday is just being silly? Their birthdays are in October and I want to take them in Sept because the crowds are so low then and as much as I"d love to go for halloween... I want my niece's first trip to be good old basic disney without dealing with Halloween.

spiceycat
03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
disney has never asked proof that it is your birthday.....

so go for it.... :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

john2u
03-21-2006, 07:56 PM
When we went to DL last May upon entering the park the cast member was talking to my DD5 and asked her when was her birthday and she said it was on 7/11. The cast member then proceeded to give her a birthday sticker and said this would be our little secret. This made my DD's day. Everywhere we went the cast members would tell my DD Happy Birthday and make her day. :tongue: She felt like a real princess. princess:

Have a Disney Day :disrocks:

John
:wave:

byoung
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Go to guest relation and get your birthday pins at each parks.

CinRell
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I didn't want to take advantage, being that their (our) birthdays are a month after we're there but I think it would make it really fun.. an extra surprise for my mom and niece plus seeing the birthday cake thread it's something I really want to do! Thanks for your encouragement.. we'll just celebrate birthdays a few weeks early:)

ddgckg
03-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Where is this Birthday Cake thread??? We are taking my daughter to WDW for her 5th b-day next February. I would love to know more about cake possibilities.

makinorlando
03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I think since Disney is a once in a lifetime trip for some that it is not out of the ordinary to celebrate birthdays prior to or after the actual date. As another poster mentioned, they don't ask for proof of birthday, they just hand you the pin at the parks. Except for the pin (or cupcake etc at the restaurants), they really aren't giving you anything of monentry value, just lots of Happy Birthdays, etc. throughout the parks!

My great nephew who turned 6 in February is coming in April. DD and I did not get to celebrate with him (nor his 4th or 5th birthdays), so I plan on celebrating at Chef Mickey's and at the parks during his visit... this is his BIRTHDAY trip! Unless my sister or I fly him down for another visit it is unlikely that he will be back to WDW anytime soon - so I am going to make this the most special trip that I can for him!

ddgckg
03-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Please, where is this birthday cake thread you speak of???? I'd love to know more!

Thanks!!

alle_rednic
03-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Go to guest relation and get your birthday pins at each parks.

at EACH park! i was under the impression you could only get one bday button from main street

when we go it'll be my bday in 18 days and my moms in 50 days - i'll be getting us both buttons

CinRell
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks so much everyone! Is it a birthday pin or sticker?

I'm sorry it took me a while to find the thread with the cakes.. it's really fun to look at! Here it is:)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=845308&highlight=birthday