View Full Version : Med cruises who's booking what?

03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
OK just so we can get an idea if there will actually be any cabins left on April 5th. (The day after they're released) I'm curious on a count of who's booking what rooms.

Please also include your count if you've already faxed Inv. Control

03-21-2006, 11:47 AM
I was thinking a verandah, but on the 10 day cruise, we are at port everyday. What's the point of a verandah when your not in the room to enjoy it. lowest cat. oceanview for me!! (only because I need some natural light! other wise I would be in a cat 12!!!)

03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I said cat. 11/12 for the repo in august, though I am going to try for a SPR on the 4th, but if I can't get in on the first tier, than we won't be going at all & I fear that first tier will be gone beore April 4th!

03-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Could anyone possibly explain how this booking works? I am so confused. So you can start booking on April 4, correct? Then how are people already on a wait list? To get lower prices do I need to be on a waitlist now or come April 4th can I just go to disneycruise.com and book and be fine? Thanks.

03-21-2006, 12:12 PM
My family of five - and my friend with her family of five will each be booking two cabins -

No option on poll - we are really not sure yet. :rolleyes:

03-21-2006, 01:15 PM
We have a request on the waitlist for 2 cat 6 rooms. However, we will not be booking anything. We were hoping for Greece, Turkey, and Venice. The ports for the trip are lovely, but we have already been to many of those cities.

03-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Wow, it seems like suites will be booked pretty fast. Out of 23 voters booking, 5 want suites. That's a pretty high percentage. :worried:

03-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I had faxed IC just before they closed the waitlist; but I did not receive a postcard. I also have a request in with a TA. Depending on rate differences and availability we'll book a category 7-6 or . We are looking forward to bringing the Magic home a second time.

03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
We are waitlisted for a Cat 9 on the July 7, 11 night but will not be booking. We wanted Greece and Venice also.

03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow, it seems like suites will be booked pretty fast. Out of 23 voters booking, 5 want suites. That's a pretty high percentage. :worried:
that's assuming any suites are even left once they clear the waitlist (suites fill fast on normal sailings too).

03-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I have spoken with several DCL & DVC operators and managers (7 times in the last two days) and they have each told me that the waitlists are absolutely not active. They are rumors. Other travel agents have their own waitlist. They each told me the same exact thing - all cabins will be open to everyone on the morning of 4/4/06. They used to have a waitlist, but it has not been in use or planned to be used for so long they can only figure these rumors are coming from websites and other travel agents. I read that some people got a fax notice, but I don't see how each and every time I call they would have any reason to lie. It's so confusing to keep hearing about the waitlist.

03-21-2006, 06:59 PM
CRO isn't lying to you, at least not knowingly. For some reason they are not "in the loop" on a lot of things. They always seem to be the last to know.

A few people have posted that they have already started getting phone calls about their waitlist request. My guess is this is part of the reason they aren't taking new reservations until Apr 4. They need time to go through the wait list & see what's left.

03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
milestogo- I agree with Suzanne. CRO isn't purposefully or knowingly lying to you... just like they weren't lying to all the people who called just yesterday and were told the Magic would absolutely not be going to the Med in 2007. The waitlist is held by inventory control, a different department altogether and quite possibly CRO has no knowledge of it. I have it in writing from Inventory Control that I am on the waitlist. I know others who recieved in writing that the waitlist has since closed and only people on the waitlist before that time will have their requests honored. But either way any correspondence from Inventory Control has confirmed there IS a waitlist.

03-21-2006, 09:51 PM
I am also "waitlisted" with SueEllen at DU for the eastward repo. Was wanting category 7 - but DH is balking at paying even category 11.

So add me to the list of probably not gonna happens.