PDA

View Full Version : So is anyone actually booked on a repo or Med cruise?

lillygator
03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Anyone?

Scratch42
03-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Booking don't open up to the General Public until April 4, 2006!

But those of us on DCL Waiting List, will be hearing starting around March 28th!

janet
:goodvibes

mardonna
03-21-2006, 11:00 AM
I told my TA at small world that I want a cat 1 or 2 for the aug 18th. I'm not sure if that will be avaible but I can hope. If not I would do cat 3 connecting to cat 4.

TheWog
03-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I told my TA at small world that I want a cat 1 or 2 for the aug 18th. I'm not sure if that will be avaible but I can hope. If not I would do cat 3 connecting to cat 4.

I think they require your first born as part of the payment for a Category 1. :teeth: :confused3 :banana:

mardonna
03-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Thankfully, I'm hoping everyone feels that way because we really want the cat 1 or 2 and don't mind paying the price. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

mommasita
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I think they require your first born as part of the payment for a Category 1. :teeth: :confused3 :banana:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

tigger2on
03-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Though it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.... can i really justify the cost?

If we got it at 1st tier pricing and it only totalled $6500 + air for us, I would do it... but since we weren't on the "official waitlist for the unofficial cruise"
I doubt we can go. This sucks cuz we missed out on the PC due to having gotten pregnant and having another baby! Our cabin could not occupy her
and they had no other ones to offer us for HA.
:sad2:
But if we have to pay $8800 + air and extras, then we will miss it and purchase and addon for DVC
:cheer2:

However... if we win a lottery before April 4..... :rolleyes1

Scratch42
03-21-2006, 02:00 PM
However... if we win a lottery before April 4..... :rolleyes1

Super 7 is at $12 Million

Lotto 649 is at $8 Million

Good Luck!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

janet

two-foxes
03-21-2006, 02:08 PM
the "official waitlist for the unofficial cruise"

You should have seen me try to word the stateroom/waitlist request for this cruise...."although this is purely based upon rumor and speculation....." is how I started it. Now, I am glad I did send it in. Hopefully, the waitlist will go smoothly. I think I got mine in a bit late compared to others here, but it was, thankfully before they stopped taking them.

ibouncetoo
03-21-2006, 06:14 PM
People on the wait list have already started getting calls from Inventory Control today! ::yes::

Soccermom-Cheri
03-21-2006, 06:49 PM
NO way!!!!! How do you know? No one called me or Beano and we simply must have our suites. Must I tell you! :rotfl2:

ibouncetoo
03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
I think I've seen two posts so far....scattered over the proliferation of Med threads. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon! ;)

lillygator
03-22-2006, 11:03 AM
wonder how they work the waitlists?

Scratch42
03-22-2006, 12:38 PM
wonder how they work the waitlists?

It's suppose to be according to date received, but I know of someone who received their call and they faxed after I did! :confused3

janet

Soccermom-Cheri
03-23-2006, 11:57 AM
I have no idea how the wait lists are working, but my neighbor (CACruizin') got a call yesterday from DCL. She declined her cat.3 ( and she didn't give it to me :mad: I thought we were friends. I would have brought you a toothpick holder of the Eiffel Tower or somethin' :lmao: )

Just gotta figure out how to transfer my home home to my cell phone so I don't miss my call :teeth: What happens if you aren't home when DCL calls? Do they just move down the list :scared1: Can you imagine: go out for milk and miss the Med? darn kids don't need milk for a while do they?

DrDO
03-23-2006, 01:45 PM
We received a call from Germaine at Disney Cruise line yesterday afternoon regarding a wait list request for category 1 or 2 placed while on board the Magic in July of 2004 for summer 2007. When reviewing the price, I just could not justify the cost estimated at over $23,000 for our family of five for the cruise alone. Consequently, we relinquished our place. She did say they were reviewing the wait based on when the request was made and contacting people in that order. I wasn't home at the time and returned their call a few hours later. According to Germaine, there are at least several hundred requests for suites to review.
We have always been avid Disney fans own a fair number of points in the DVC and have sailed Cat 3 on DCL several times, but have recently switched cruise allegience to Royal Caribbean. My wife and I recently returned from a 4 day cruise from Miami in a Grand Suite for under $2300 total cruise fair including gratuities. Granted, RCCL has a much larger fleet and that capacity often necessitates deep discounts to fill ships, but a comparable cabin on DCL would be twice that.
Why is Disney charging what they are? Because they can. Germaine stated that they anticipate filling all suites from waitlist requests before the actual sale commences on April 4th. We love DCL, but did we have half the fun or half the vacation on Royal Caribbean? NIMHO.

MrsJobba1
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
DH and myself are considering booking a 10 night.

If we can get the cheapest cat 11 and pay 1 person cash 1 person using DVC points.

At least we can get cheap flights to Barcelona!!
:teeth:

CastleLight
03-23-2006, 05:24 PM
What is the waitlist?

LookingForward2
03-23-2006, 08:48 PM
Do we know what the point structure is yet? I haven't seen anything, but then again, I haven't been looking. Just curious.

tic-toc-croc
03-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Do we know what the point structure is yet? I haven't seen anything, but then again, I haven't been looking. Just curious.

DVC posted points for Med cruises, and you can book on April 4. No more waiting for the 11-month window. :cheer2: :cheer2:

flexsmom
03-23-2006, 09:30 PM
I was waitlisted for anytime in August, including a repo. Got calls yesterday on both my home phone and my mobile, but wasn't available to take either. The woman who called left a voicemail with a special phone number to call regarding my request. When I called the number, it flipped directly into a message stating that I had called into the special "waitlist" number, and that I should leave a message with my top 3 preferred dates of travel and category of stateroom that I wanted. If there was availability, they'd call me back and if I didn't hear from them by April 7th, I should assume there was no availability on any of my 3 dates. I would have preferred to wait in a queue - even if it was for a long time - so I could ask about various stateroom prices. Oh well, I'm happy with our Christmas 2007 booking and I don't think our kids are up to snuff for the long plane ride quite yet, so I'm not going to leave a message. I do wish I had been able to take the call, though, just to have the actual information!

txaggie94gigem
03-24-2006, 12:33 AM
if you really wanted to go and waited until april 7, you would probably be out of luck! :cool1:

captaincrash
03-24-2006, 02:36 AM
My BIL just called us and suggested he would join us for the DCL Med cruises. Do you suppose I can get on the castaway waitlist for consideration before the general public gets a chance? And by that I mean.. will I get a tolerable fare? Tolerable means within 25% of the lowest fare? Any thoughts folks?

CACruisin'
03-24-2006, 08:22 AM
There is no castaway waitlist. DCL Inventory Control has a waitlist, but it was closed in January. However, you could call a travel agent (such as DU) and let them know what you would like to book. DU will be calling first thing on the 4th.

Who knows what will happen with the pricing tiers this time. I know DCL and the travel agents have been contacting clients this week to determine if the many people on the various waitlists are still interested based on POC and pricing. DCL will be confirming bookings next week for their own waitlist starting next week. The travel agents will be confirming bookings on the 4th. Hopefully, this will eliminate some of the mad scramble and double/triple bookings that took place on the first day and the prices will not skyrocket as quickly. Good Luck!

two-foxes
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I just got a call from DCL....they are only waitlisting suites. Everyone else is outta luck as far as any other category. We faxed in our request before DCL said no more and we rec'd the post card and everything. But, we requested a Cat 6. She just told me to be ready to call in at 0800 on 04/04. Guess I'll get the TA involved now!

Did anyone who requested anything but suites get this call? Or was I the only one who asked to be waitlisted for something less than a Cat 3?

two-foxes
03-24-2006, 11:30 AM
I just got a call from DCL....they are only waitlisting suites. Everyone else is outta luck as far as any other category. We faxed in our request before DCL said no more and we rec'd the post card and everything. But, we requested a Cat 6. She just told me to be ready to call in at 0800 on 04/04. Guess I'll get the TA involved now!

Did anyone who requested anything but suites get this call? Or was I the only one who asked to be waitlisted for something less than a Cat 3?

I like quoting myself! Just got out of the shower and there was a message from DCL stating that they would be honoring the request and would "try to book it" for us first, but if it is not available, they will let me know. Whew....a bit relieved. I guess the CM didn't have the right info when I first spoke to her...she said on the message that she had talked to her manager and he said that they would honor the request, even though it wasn't a suite.

captaincrash
03-24-2006, 11:36 AM
So if we're not getting into more expensive catagories then we have to call in at 8AM on April 4th! I can hardly believe that bit of madness,.... but I guess I should not be surprised.

IF by any chance anyone else has a different experience please post your opservations here! :confused3

DisneyDiva4ever
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
captaincrash - I hope you're reading this!

Just thought I'd post my experience with the waitlist. I got a call on Wednesday. I had requested category 11 rooms back in January. I was asked if I was still interested & told that I'd be called back next week. So, it didn't seem to matter that I didn't want a suite.

Perhaps this makes some of you waitlisters feel better? Anyone who has been called this week / has gotton a postcard from inventory control is going to get their chance at booking what they requested. A few more days and this will all be over and we can all breath a sigh of relief!

HookedonMagic
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM
:sad: Okay, I'm really feeling left out. I faxed inventory control in October and received my postcard in early November. Still no call...and I am actually crazy enough to REALLY want to book! What's up DCL? :confused3 I want my call NOW! ;)

captaincrash
03-24-2006, 03:44 PM
captaincrash - I hope you're reading this!

Just thought I'd post my experience with the waitlist. I got a call on Wednesday. I had requested category 11 rooms back in January. I was asked if I was still interested & told that I'd be called back next week. So, it didn't seem to matter that I didn't want a suite.

Perhaps this makes some of you waitlisters feel better? Anyone who has been called this week / has gotton a postcard from inventory control is going to get their chance at booking what they requested. A few more days and this will all be over and we can all breath a sigh of relief!

Thanks...

... but I just got off the line with Disney and with some family members... it seems there are 16 price tiers per catagory based on percentage of sales - not based on time before sailing. And as such the port fees are $229 but taxes not know yet. And no waitlist requests are being taken now - and if I have interest then call back onthe 4th at 8am eastern time. OR try a travel agent who might have access through the wait list. Also, the group sales department is not being given space for these sailings... supposedly. I can come up with enough people to form a group - but I guess we cannot form one through DCL for these sailings.

SO... on speaking to our fellow travelers it seems some of us feel that a significant jump in price would widen the difference against non-DCL lines who are offerring better ports and more days at sea for what will be half or more than half the price. SO - I am getting the impression that some of the fellow travelers are signaling they would be open to booking non-DCL if our prices are driven up above the lowest brackets for the various catagories. IE, a window is cited as 2600~3600... and they might be dissuaded if we were offerred 3100 or more per person in a window (for example).... given that we could get 12 nites on Princess with round trip out of Rome for 1500 (or less) in a window. 20% more time on ship with slightly better port scheduleing to our preferences and at less than half the price.

Not trying to be a critic - as these same conditions apply for any Disney sailing and we've had 4 voyages for 26 days on the Magic so far. But I have to deal with 5 familes now and possibly a few more if they step forward soon. So... I predict that without easier booking methods AND/OR tolerable lower bracket pricing we'll be looking into Princess or Celebrity in 2007.

BTW... I think it's great that everyone who jumped into the waitlist que before January will be given an opportunity to book regardless of their desired catagory. That seems only fair and reasonable. I wish my gathering of travelers would have considered this in December - but than I don't think it was possible for various reasons.

Cheers to all! :grouphug:

Soccermom-Cheri
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
I came home to a message from Inventory Control. I called the number and left the requested information.

Now, does that mean that I am automatically put at the end of the "called people" waiting list - meaning that DCL kept calling and could have filled up the suites with people that happened to be home??? Hardly seems fair if that's the case :guilty:

CACruisin'
03-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Now, does that mean that I am automatically put at the end of the "called people" waiting list - meaning that DCL kept calling and could have filled up the suites with people that happened to be home??? Hardly seems fair if that's the case :guilty:

Nope! I had a loooonnnnggg chat with DCL early this morning. They are just gathering/confirming information this week. Next week they will actually start confirming bookings based on the date they recieved your fax. Also, since I am transferring my ressie that we booked on board last summer, they ARE honoring the 10% discount for cat 4-12 (not the suites though!) and giving a $250 shipboard credit. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Ditch the kidlets and join me on the May repo cruise!!!

Me- definitely going, probably in a shoebox cabin, but still on the ship :yay:
DH - hopefully going (do you want to go with me if he can't? :hyper: ),
youngest kidlet - probably going, but better be happy spending many hours in the club ...,
older kidlets - not goin' .... Mom will fly in for the second week, still need to figure out where I am gonna park'em the first week ... :scratchin

txaggie94gigem
03-25-2006, 07:46 AM
that's me too...goni on the may repo but only taking 2 kids...mainly because i cannot afford 2 cabins this time and also cannot pull a couple of the kids out of school for 2 weeks...i am waiting for my call...... :confused3

Soccermom-Cheri
03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
My daring CACruisin,
You are going to go on a repositioning cruise and leave your two daughters at home during the last few grueling weeks of the school year? How callous. How cruel. Wish I could do that. :teeth:

And, yes!!!!!!! I wish I could go with you - trouble is, we might not come back. :rolleyes:

I didn't know DCL was booking the repo's already .... you are actually booked?

Come with me and Beano (your kids don't need to go to college :lmao: ). Way I figure it, we've got a long time to save - and they can get jobs to cover part of tuition. (So I'm not mother of the year :rolleyes1 )

Soccermom-Cheri
03-25-2006, 12:54 PM
My daring CACruisin,
You are going to go on a repositioning cruise and leave your two daughters at home during the last few grueling weeks of the school year? How callous. How cruel. Wish I could do that. :teeth:

Oops! I meant to say "darling" but it typed out "daring"
Fruedian? :lmao:

magicmouse2
03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I cant believe the cost of this cruise! You can fly from place to place in europe for as little as 10 euros pp at certain times of the year, with some flights. :confused3 I hope DW do a good job with this, as the popularity is huge as is the cost for my US friends.

CACruisin'
03-25-2006, 08:53 PM
I didn't know DCL was booking the repo's already .... you are actually booked?

Don't I wish!! No, I got the same phone call you did re: confirming information on dates, passengers, category. I was told that I would get a call back next week with actual booking information though.

When the DCL agent asked if I would really be able to leave the kidlets (2 'tween girls) for two weeks -- let's see bickering with each other that morning from the time they opened their eyes to when they walked out the door to go to school .... uhmmmm, yea, I can leave'em for two weeks! :rolleyes: The agent laughed!

As for "grueling weeks of school", state testing will be done (I hope!) and we'll be back before promotion. ... ok, so I don't win mommy of the year either! :rolleyes:

arica480
03-25-2006, 11:07 PM
My family and I are hoping to go on the ten day cruise. Probably in cat. 4 and cat. 6's. There is about 25 of us. The prices are steep but since our family is so large, it's hard to get everyone out of school for the same breaks, so why not go in the summer! We're excited. :cool1:

Soccermom-Cheri
03-26-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm gonna talk CACruisin into this Med-thing if'n it kills me! I know it's expensive. But, it's Disney! There is no other cruise line I would feel safe leaving my kids with while I go .... well anywhere ... I don't know <insert any other cruise line here> and I know Disney will take care of my kids (or else :teeth: ). If I'm goin' to the Med (a dream), I want to go w/ DCL.

I know, I know ... I'm preaching to the choir. Whew! I feel better now. :banana:

Scratch42
03-26-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm gonna talk CACruisin into this Med-thing if'n it kills me! I know it's expensive. But, it's Disney! There is no other cruise line I would feel safe leaving my kids with while I go .... well anywhere ... I don't know <insert any other cruise line here> and I know Disney will take care of my kids (or else :teeth: ). If I'm goin' to the Med (a dream), I want to go w/ DCL.

I know, I know ... I'm preaching to the choir. Whew! I feel better now. :banana:

Preach Away!

This is my sentiments exactly!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Start calling for those Ressies!

j

disneylover5
03-26-2006, 09:40 AM

Ditto Ditto Ditto

CACruisin'
03-26-2006, 10:44 AM

You know I wanted to do the med with you all, but I needed Greece, Venice, etc. to justify the trip. 'member we did Italy (6 days Rome, 6 days Sardinia, 3 days Venice)? And I spent time in Spain in college. Need a new adventure -- A sail across the Atlantic!!!

You want to spend 6 days at sea, you know you do .... come join us on the May repo .... take the kids to the Med another time .... sail the May repo ... Ok are you hypnotized now? Are ya sailin' with me? Luv ya!